This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Season 13 Mentor/Judge Application (Deadline 1/30/15 11:59 PM EST)

Topic » Season 13 Mentor/Judge..

3378 days 14 hours ago
Mat123
Name: Martyn

Location (Country is acceptable): Edinburgh, Scotland!

Why do you want to be a judge? I love hearing people sing. I love music. I love Tengaged Karaoke Idol! I've been a contestant a few times and would love to cross over to the other side of the competition and hear all the wonderful talent this site has to offer.

What makes you think you will be a good judge? Each time I have been a contestant, I have made the finals and most recently won the competition. I feel like I will know not just how to judge contestants, but also how to mentor them and find things they are comfortable doing in order to showcase their strong points and help build their confidence.

What kind of judge will you be? A constructive judge. I think every single performance will shine in it's own way. I'll never be overly mean or nasty to contestants, I'll be constructive and fair to every act. It's very important that the judges aren't too harsh on people as that will effect their confidence, so I believe my comments would help acts realise their strong points and let them have more belief in themselves.

What kind of music do you like? I don't have a particularly type that I listen to. Jazz to pop to hip hop to rock - it's all brilliant. If I connect with a song, I connect with it, no matter what style of music that is.

Do you have any theme suggestions? I would LOVE a rock week. It would be fun, upbeat and challenging. There's so much choice for rock songs. I also like the idea of a "Unplugged" performance, where artists have to strip back the song to it's roots and push the meaning, rather than the production, of the song.

Will you be able to post comments at least once a week? Of course :)

What days of the week would you be able to listen, comment, and rank the contestants' recordings? Any day is fine with me. Tell me the day, and I'll do it then!
3375 days 19 hours ago
ghrocky100
Alex
Ghrocky100
Mississippi
I am a critic and I feel like I can send the best of the best to the next round. I sing too.
I know a good bit about music and have experience as judge for a talent show one year
Not as harsh as Simon Cowell but not as nice as Keith urban. Maybe like a Harry Connik jr?
All kinds but pop, rap, and country the most
Top charts week and theme song week
Heck yeah I'm on daily
Any day
3373 days 18 hours ago
lamontlamar1998
My people applied and gk everyone

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!