This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Season 13 Hollywood Week Day 3: Group 2

Topic » Season 13 Hollywood Week Day..

3352 days 14 hours ago
AlexaVonTrayne
3352 days 3 hours ago
cancanpiano
I recorded Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift. Hope you enjoy! I don't know if I will make it...
https://soundcloud.com/sam-cancanpiano/safe-and-sound-by-taylor-swift-cover
3352 days 2 hours ago
vh1clown

i did Beyonce Run the world! hope you guys enjoy it :D!
3352 days 1 hour ago
cancanpiano
Of course you twerked... -_-
3352 days 1 hour ago
cancanpiano
Everyone sounds so good! I'd be fine if I get out because the talent is so high!
3352 days ago
vh1clown
I didn't even twerk l0l
3351 days 23 hours ago
SilverShadow
Omg I died @ vh1clown performance! If he doesn't make it I'm gonna lose faith in this competition ;-p
3351 days 23 hours ago
TheExterminator4
vh1clown, do this to those who make fun of you t-_-t I love your dancing
3351 days 21 hours ago
PureEssence
Really struggled this week trying to pick a song.. :(

Taylor Swift's "Love Story"
https://soundcloud.com/pureessence6/love-story-by-taylor-swift
3351 days 20 hours ago
TolisKalkas
-late marker- anything posted after this will receive a -1 penalty per day
3351 days 20 hours ago
kingdomheartslover
TolisKalkas

This is where you will post your recordings and comments.

Deadline: Sunday March 1st 9:59 PM EST!

Mentor for Group 2: KKoster001

6 days 21 hours ago

https://soundcloud.com/arepp17/adele-skyfall-hollywood-day-3
3347 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Judge 1's Critiques

AlexaVonTrayne - It felt very talk-singy rather than actually singing it. Also ease up a bit. It's a fun song, yet it felt as if you were too focused on the vocals and lyrics that you forgot to have fun with the song.
cancanpiano - another decent performance from you, but it felt a little forced. Like the ohs were forced and just didn't really sit right throughout the piece. I don't think it was a good song choice for you.
draevynwraithe - Oof lord child… this song… it's tough. Vocally it's very simple, but oof it's rough. I think you did a solid job with it, but it just lacked that darkness. It's a hard song to convey emotionally with just audio. But vocally it was solid.
Kingdomheartslover - Getting better compared to the first round. I would say to stray away from these crazy vocal pieces until you have a solid grasp on them because they can get away from you quickly if one thing falls off the track. There were moments where this was really solid and everything was solid, but then there would be something that just threw me off and was like... nope shouldn't have done that.
Puressence - There were moments were everything worked, but then a split second later it's like something crashed. It was a rollercoaster of a performance. Overall it was solid, but I kept getting jolted by something that just felt a little off. I would suggest working on your consistancy throughout the pieces.
SilverShadow - Seriously… that reverb though… it needs to get cut down. Overall a solid performance but it felt a little awkward for some reason. It seemed like you were trying to force the agression/grit instead of letting it come naturally.
Superkevin79 - Definitely improving. Still have some work to do, but you did better with the vocals, and only slightly lost the performance fun you had from the last time.
TheExterminator4 - You are already improving. Vocally better, gotten more connection. I would say keep up the good work and keep developing nicely.
vh1clown - oh eddie…. Can we just say you should do a lsfyl group and not a karaoke group?
3347 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Judge 2's Critiques

AlexaVonTrayne - I liked the beginning of this performance, and was really hopeful of you doing good! However the positives of the performance, such as the intro verses were negated by the chorus's as you didn't do anything with those portions of the song, and you sang them flat. With all that said, you still did a better job than last week in my opinion and I se you improving in the competition. Nice job!
cancanpiano - I won't say this performance was amazing, however it was not bad. For me personally, I like how your voice sounds when you sing, and you give off a generally good vibe. However you struggled with most of the high notes, and that brought the overall feel of the performance, but I won't say you sounded bad, because you didn't. Well done!
draevynwraithe - I love how you portray emotion! Not to mention how well you hold pitch and stay in key. My only critique would be for you to watch the high notes, because you sometimes go sharp. but other than that I don't have any negatives. I definitely see you as a top contender this year. Great job!
Kingdomheartslover - I feel this was a decent performance from you. However I was sadly more impressed last week. With that said I still found when you hit some of the notes in the chorus I loved them, and they were strong, as well as your voice sounding fairly strong in itself. Your biggest downfall though, was the fact that you didn't leave one key throughout the performance, therefore you brought down the overall appeal of the performance. Solid performance!
Puressence - I am sad that the songs we were originally hoping for didn't work out, however I think this song was an amazing choice. Simply because it helped you stay on pitch, key, etc. Plus your voice is amazing in itself and you sounded very strong when you were singing. For me, this was your best performance. Keep up the improvement!
SilverShadow - You killed it! I won't say vocally it was perfect, considering you hit some notes a little too shakily, and you came down from your high notes a little flat, but other than that the song was great, and you really pushed through everything you were singing, and you definitely a strong performance! Awesome work!
Superkevin79 - I think you have a very unique tone, which I somewhat like, but it also bugs me. The reason it bugs me, is because you sing through your nose. I think, in all honesty, that if you didn't sing through your nose you would be a top contender. Keep working and singing. Nice job!
TheExterminator4 - I like your voice a lot! I think you have a very solid tone, and have the ability to stay on pitch. However song choice will dictate whether or not you succeed in this competition. Personally, I think you did a pretty good job this week, however I do feel like your past performances were better. Simply because when you sang in the verses, you were extremely quiet and it was hard to hear you. However the upside to that was the chorus's as they were louder and easier to hear. Now, though I did enjoy this I have to label your performance as a dreaded hit and miss. Solid job!
vh1clown - I think you have a lot of energy when you perform, but I also find that you tend to get very sexual with your songs, and it makes me a ilttle uncomfortable. Still you did a decent job vocally and the performance was solid. I know you can do more though! You have great vocal potential! Solid!
3347 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Judge 3's Critiques

AlexaVonTrayne - Yas a bit of solid pop going on now! Was it vocally brilliant? No. But I was dancing along, I was smiling throughout. At times, it felt like you were struggling to keep up with the actual timing, so be careful of that in future performances
cancanpiano - YES. Cancan is back. Finally. I was quite disappointed based on your performances until this. I like it. At times, it seemed a bit too high for you. But this is definitely your best so far this season. I’m happy with this. Well done cancanpiano, well done
draevynwraithe - I love that we have a male country singer in this. It’s whats been missing for so long, I think. I love your tone. I love your style. I just love it. The performance could’ve been a bit stronger, you need to get the energy/emotion in there more so than you do. Brilliant overall.
Kingdomheartslover - Another theatrical sounding guy. Love it. However, terrible song choice. Nobody can do Adele, nobody. It’s such a big song. It’s such an iconic song. I mean…ITS ADELE. So, you really kinda made it hard for yourself by singing such a brilliant song, and it kinda left me being disappointed.
Puressence - So, last round I said in the comments you have to be careful you don’t end up being the “pretty voiced singer but boring” or something to that extent. And sadly, you’ve come out here and done pretty much the same thing you did last round. Your voice is so lovely to listen to, but it’s all so predictable and bland. You hit the notes really well, no doubting that. But just…meh. I’m left with meh. You’re so much better than this. It’s so frustrating to see one of the best singers delivering something that doesn’t do them justice. Take a risk. Do something unexpected. Shock me.
SilverShadow - You. Are. Going. To. Go. Very. Far. In. This. Competition. At this moment in time, if I had to predict a winner, you would be my prediction. Your hollywood performance was brilliant, and this was again, brilliant. A lot of people seem to stronger at either vocals or performance, but you seem to have a great balance between them. I cannot fault your vocals at all. I mean, wow. Your performance was also brilliant. You’re definitely making yourself known in this competition, Silver.
Superkevin79 - YAS at this song choice. You started really well, and I was really impressed but as the song went on I felt as though you kinda lost it a little bit - you fell off the melody at times. However, your performance levels were consistent throughout. So well done.
TheExterminator4 - Wow. I’m shocked by this. I couldn’t remember your performance from hollywood and because of that, kinda expected this to be bland. But, your voice is great. I’m so pleasantly surprised! Performance was lacking slightly, this is a big emotional song and I don’t feel like you got that emotion across as well as you could’ve. Still, it was good.
vh1clown - This was absolutely iconic. The most memorable performance. The most enjoyable performance. You came out and shoved every single other contestant to the side and owned the night. The performance is spectacular. The vocals? Not so much. But, honestly, with a performance that amazing, I wasn’t even concentrating on the vocals. YOU. ARE. FIYAAA.
3347 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Judge 4's Critique

AlexaVonTrayne - You were completely out of tune this entire song. I was not impressed at all. You need to listen to these recordings before you post them and make sure you are on pitch. There even was the melody in the back and you werent with it.  I got bored. The words meant nothing and it was super repetitive. 
cancanpiano - Yes! This was very pretty! I still felt like your vocals were a little weak in spots, but all in all this was an improvement from last week. This song was a good choice for you! I felt the emotion, but I still feel like there could have been more! 
draevynwraithe - I like your tone! You also were very in tune! All in all this was a very solid performance!  I got bored! You need more energy! Even with slower songs like this you need to be filled with energy, in fact these slow songs may be the ones that need energy the most.
Kingdomheartslover - You were fairly good with pitch even though you went flat a few times. All in all the performance was solid. Nothing too special, but it wasnt terrible. Nothing. I felt nothing. This is a powerful song and you did nothing with it.
Puressence - Your voice is very pretty and this song was a very good choice! There were a few pitch issues, but they were insignificant to the performance. All in all this was a very good performance! I got bored. There was no feeling in the song. This is a very emotional song and I felt like I was listening to a cardboard cut out sing.
SilverShadow - I love your tone! It is very unique and dark. You are always good on pitch! This performance was very solid and it was great all in all! You are very consistent and deliver your performances well! Your falsetto was also on point! You have this confidence that is hard to beat! This performance was very solid and I enjoyed it very much, but you could have connected the lyrics more!
Superkevin79 -  I like your tone and you stayed in tune for most of the performance, but there were a few moments where you were flat! Watch out for those! I could feel that you were trying to put emotion into it, but I wasnt feeling it and by the end of the performance I was bored
TheExterminator4 - The beginning of this song was way to low for you! The rest of it was very good though! I would just refrain from picking songs that are this low. It sounded bad! You are a great singer and this did not show off your voice.  You said unconditionally in a weird and unnatural way. You also did not put any emotion in to it. I got bored.
vh1clown - This was honestly one of the strangest things I have ever seen or listened to and I was not impressed with the vocals. I will admit the dancing was ok, but this is tengaged idol and it is about the singing, not the theatrics.  Pitch distracted from the performance.

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!