This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Season 13 Hollywood Week Day 3: Group 3

Topic » Season 13 Hollywood Week Day..

3353 days 4 hours ago
TotalDramaLover1234
I forgot to post mine oops. I was going to redo it, but I don't have the time. Everyone in this group sounds  sooooo good.  Anyways, I sang your song by elton john.  I love this classic and the meaning behind it. Wish me luck I am going to need it.

https://soundcloud.com/totaldramalover1234/my-tengaged-round-3-performence-your-song-by-elton-john
3352 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
-late marker- anything posted after this will receive a -1 penalty per day
3349 days 1 hour ago
TolisKalkas
Judge 1's Critique's

01Gohan - It's always tricky optioning up for the verses then optioning down for the choruses, but I think you had solid transitions for that and made it a lot less awkward than it could've been. Still need to watch on song selection to make sure that the songs are comfortably in your range (yes you hit the note, but don't strain too much). Also I need a little more performance out of you. I got the singing, but I felt no connection between you and the words.
Bearclaw1212 - It seems like you didn't really use the feedback from the first round because this was very spoken and not sung. You made it very beat poetry rather than a classic bar song.
Carsonworld - You gave me some country realness with this. I don't know if you were going for that, but sometimes it happens with these type of songs. I think you had good energy and vocally was pretty good, but I still want a little more of you and a little less of the original rendition.
dragotistic - I think you've developed the connection better. The song seemed to get away from you though. During the fast parts you were off in moments and you tried a little bit too much with the vocal acrobatics that were unnecessary. Once again, the beginning was solid and I was really enjoying the vibe, but then you lost me.
EternalBlossom - Overall, this was solid. I would say you need to watch your phrasing because there were a couple issues there. Most notably, you were cutting off the momentum midsentence or mid-word and just lost the flow of the piece.
Owlb0ned - Great performance and vocally was solid. You need to find a balance between you and the music because the music tended to overpower you (and also hid some of your vocal slip ups).
Rory17 - It's hard to balance the guitar playing along with the vocals and I think the vocals lost a bit because of the guitar. It was also hard to understand you at some points. I would say work less on the guitar, more on the vocals, and enunciation.
TotalDramalover1234 - Getting a little better with minizing the talk singing, but I still sensed it (it's also the song that really didn't help). Just be careful on phrasing because you kind lost the flow of the lines with the was some of the lines were phrased.
3349 days 1 hour ago
TolisKalkas
Judge 2's Critiques

01Gohan - I think your vibrato worked for you in this song! However, I found the intro run was off-point, and the song felt somewhat conjoined, especially considering your audition was so amazing. Even with that all said, I still found that when you looked at the whole performance it was actually pretty strong, and vocally unique. And as most know, I love uniqueness. Well done!
Bearclaw1212 - I really like your voice, and I liked how you interprete this song, with the exceptino of the la's. Because those were off. Anyways, I still enjoyed you staying in pitch, and showing off your uniqueness, as you have such a different distinct tone. Make sure to work on carring your notes more, and give it all you've got. Good work!
Carsonworld -  I think the intro was a little iffy, however when you got into the song you sang really strongly and surprised me. Specifically I found you kept key really well, and you stayed on pitch a lot more than last time, although you still slipped a few times. Just make sure you pay close attention to staying on pitch, and make sure to not sing through your nose. 
dragotistic - I felt like again you were holding so much back in your performance! I mean there was so much more you could of done to really bring the performance to life. Of course, don't get me wrong, you sounded really nice, but you need to give something with umph. And I just wasn't feeling this overall. Also watch your runs. Solid!
EternalBlossom - You have a very soft cutesy tone, that worked with this song. However your rasp sometimes throws you off. I think if you work on that you'll kill in this competition. Anyways, great job with your pitch, staying on key, and hitting the high notes, but watch your runs, and rasp.Very strong, and solid job! Great job!
Owlb0ned - Ok, I haven't always been your biggest supporter, however I think you've found the right song for yourself. I think you stayed on pitch for the most part as well, and you were able to somewhat able to connect. However you still need to take one more step, that step being breathe control, and watching that you don't "shout" or sing the notess too often. Nicely done!
Rory17 - I really liked this performance! I feel like the guitar and vocals were seperated nicely and I could hear you much more clearly than last time. Plus you did some cool things with the runs, stayed on key, and you really brought it! I mean, the dum dums were very nice to listen to, as was the performance as a well. I would only advice to make sure your performance is as perfected a possible so to not have vocal slips. Great work!
TotalDramalover1234 - Hands down your best performance yet! I think you hit most notes, you sang solidly in terms of pitch, and you made the smart choice of keeping the song simple. I think some contestants overdo things in terms of their songs, simply because they wanna show off so much, but it can end badly, and you showed me just enough. I liked it a lot! However you do still need to watch that you don't drop in a flat note, or get shaky in the runs, and make sure to stay on time with the instrumental.
3349 days 1 hour ago
TolisKalkas
Judge 3's Critiques

01Gohan -  I’m still not over how much you’ve improved in such a short time since last season. Your song choices immediately set you apart from most of the other contestants - their unique and different. I love it. I honestly think you’re going to go all the way to the final again. Well done!
Bearclaw1212 - I like this. It’s a unique song choice. It’s not something I expected you to do, but it worked well. You really have improved since hollywood round, and I’m glad because I think other judges might start realising you’re capability with this song.
Carsonworld -  A standout. A complete standout. Your voice is seriously brilliant. You and SilverShadow took it to another level tonight. I was smiling, bopping along, enjoying it. Everything I want in a performance you gave it. There was one or two iffy notes at the start Kanye’s section, but that’s very minor. Awesome job!
dragotistic -  I think this is a brilliant song choice for your voice. I just love the tone you have. I think the verses were very strong vocally and you nailed them. You kinda lost it a little at the chorus, but got it back right away! Very good job, Drago!
EternalBlossom - Best female of the night. The best I’ve ever heard you sing. You’re just amazing. Your voice suits this song perfectly because it’s so gentle and soft, and it just sounds brilliant. If you keep this standard going, you’re going to go very very very very far. I thought I was going to get bored, but your voice kept me interested.  You’re going to shock a lot of people with this. Well done.
Owlb0ned - I  think you’re the most improved from hollywood till now. I wasn’t overly impressed with your hollywood performance, but you definitely stepped it up a lot for this performance. It’s a brilliant song choice, I felt the emotion and I love the tone to your voice. Keep it up!
Rory17 -  We actually spoke about this and you sent me a cover of Radioactive, and I was hoping you would submit that instead of this. But, it’s nice to hear someone play the guitar, it’s something not many people do on Karaoke idol. Your voice is awesome, your song choice is unique, and the performance is solid. Well done, Rory.
TotalDramalover1234 - “Wish me good luck”…so adorable! You don’t need luck. This was awesome. You were the easiest to work with this week. You were so excited about this competition and gave it your all. I think you’re absolutely brilliant and I really think you’ll grow throughout the competition and become a lot more confident.
3349 days 1 hour ago
TolisKalkas
Judge 4's Critiques

01Gohan - You were very good on pitch and your tone is good too! There were points where your vocals were weak though! Watch out for some of the higher notes! Also dont hold the end of phrases for so long! It sounds weird! You did a better job with linking the lyric and music this time, but you still can do it more!
Bearclaw1212 - You weren't even close to being on pitch. Next time listen to your recording before you post it. No other comments. Pitch distracted from the performance as a whole
Carsonworld -  Honestly I dont this song was the song for you. It didnt showcase your voice and it sounded weird in your voice! This was a little dissapointing compared to your last performance to be honest. It was fairly good, but I expected better. You do connect the lyric very well to the music. That is the one thing that I loved with this performance!
dragotistic - Honestly when I saw this song I was little scared. Only certain voices can do this song justice, but you did it. I enjoyed the performance a lot! Great job! I could feel a tad of emotion, but I still need more. This is a song with beautiful lyrics and you should use those to enhance the performance!
EternalBlossom -  I love this karaoke and you did very well on this performance! Pitch was  very good, but this song was a little high for you in some places. Besides that the performance was amazing! You still need to work on connecting the lyric to the music!
Owlb0ned -  love your tone so much and this was a great performance, but there were a few points where you went flat. You just need to think on top of the pitch intead of trying to come up to it. I could feel emotion and I like how you changed things up!
Rory17 - Once again the guitar is too loud. From what I hear your voice is nice! I can hardly hear it though! Your tone sounds very cool though! Couldnt hear your performance enough to give you a fair evaluation! Please fix this!
TotalDramalover1234 - Your pitch was good and you have a good tone! This is one of my favorite songs and you did it justice. I wasn't completely blown away, but you did it justice. I could definitely feel emotion, but there could be more! All in all the performance was very good!
3348 days 10 hours ago
kkoster001
Okay, this might be just me, but I personally didn't have any problem hearing Rory. I don't know if something is up with people's headphones, but I could hear him loud and clear. Haha. Maybe it's just me.
3348 days 5 hours ago
Mat123
Me too!

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!