This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Season 13 Hollywood Week Day 2

Topic » Season 13 Hollywood Week Day 2

3358 days 14 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Group 4

Carsonworld - Wait…YOU CAN SING?!?! I honestly didn’t expect something this good. Very very impressed with this, Carson. I think, actually, this is one of the best overall. I was smiling, I was bopping, you were hitting the notes, you were putting energy in there - all of which are good signs :P Very very good performance! Just be careful of you diction when you pronounce some words! Sometimes it kinda jumbles together, but that’s very minor
Kingdomheartslover - YES YES YES. This song is awesome. I wish the start of this was sung a little softer than you did, like in the movie, but it was still good. You were a little sharp at the start of the “I dreamed a dream” bit and you were very close to being “shouty” at some parts. But that might just be the microphone. Just be careful of your pitch and energy levels
Puressence - There is no denying that you have a pretty voice. It’s lovely. But…there wasn’t much of a performance there. It made me smile, it made me sway, but it’s not something that I’ll particularly remember in an hours time - you’ve got the voice. No doubt. You just have to get that energy up. Don’t fall into the “Pretty singer, but bland performance” trap, you’re better than this.
spinfur - This wasn’t a bad vocal. There was quite a lot of flat notes though, but I think that’s down to your breathing technique, you’re gasping for air quite loudly between some parts, and i think you may be taking too much air in, forcing you to go off tune slightly at parts. Nice energy levels, though.
TotalDramalover1234 - “Wish me luck on this” - You did not need luck. Your voice is lovely. It’s got personality, it’s got style, it’s got that something about it that makes me like it. It’s not the best vocally of the night, but it’s one of my favourite for other reasons. You seem really lovely too, asking for luck, and that’s a bonus in a good singer. Well done!
3358 days 14 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Judge #4
3358 days 14 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Group 1

AlexaVonTrayne - I'm sorry, but I don't think you even knew what song you were about to sing. Like it felt quite unrehearsed and you were trying to keep up with lyrics while listening to the song. And if you don't feel the song doesn't fit you entirely, skip it. Like that "high" note if you kept at the level you were at it should've been fine. There's potential, but you have to put in more work.
Daniel123456 - Okay, this is the opposite of Draevyn's issue. You oversang so much… except for the lead-up to the last expositional part. At it caused quite a few issues. Mainly it seems like you were jumping in and out of keys because of this and then you tried to get a little less singy. And it was all over the place. Pick something and commit to it.
DanielC2384 - In terms of energy, you are selling it. But again song choice and lack of backing track it kinda felt awkward with all the repeatative "Pump it" "Damn" etc. And I don't know why you are afraid to sing because you killed the bridge (other than putting WAYYY to much energy in the last notes).
draevynwraithe - I know I myself I'm guilty of this (especially with country and sometimes non-expositional musical songs) but just be careful you don't get too caught up in talk singing. There's two issues with talk singing, first is it sounds like you are talking rather than singing (it's a fine line in most parts, but other parts it was a lot more evident) and the main issue is that when you transition into a clear singing part it'll be less stable and can throw you off a note and cause cracks
Forevermissprice - Overall, a great performance. I'm just going to say be careful about scooping between notes and sliding at the end of some of the phrases. It makes it a little whiney
Marwane - Oh hunny…. LOOSEN UP! I'm legitimately like shaking my hands because I can just sense how tense and robotic this feels. Relax. We can work on vocals later, but if you are going to be completely robotic the entire time, it'll lose all the connection
MrPokeguy9 - I'm torn. Because there are elements where I was like, okay he's got this, but then I kept thinking "why is he trying so much." The first grunt felt forced, some of your riffs felt like you just put them in there to show that you can riff but weren't necessary for the song, and it worked for a "one verse one chorus" audition, but if this was a full performance I would have a lot more problems. Again, so much potential, but tone it down a bit.
tdiloka - I really don't think you guys know how important song choice is. This was not the right song for you. It just seemed to keep getting away from you with the high notes and just made you go flat. There's so much potential but wasted because of a horrible song choice.
TheExterminator4 - The thing that'll mainly kill you with songs like this is getting the points on performance because it's so overdone that it loses a lot of it's meaning. And I'm sorry but I didn't quite feel a connection between you and this song. Also I would soften up on your vowels on soft songs because it makes a sharp contrast (especially on the "e" sounds).
vh1clown - Well… you made it private. But you added way to many effects from what I remember and that'll need to stop.
3358 days 14 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Group 2

01Gohan - I think that was a good performance but there was nothing that made you really stand out in either vocals or performance. I mean you did a solid job in both, but if you want to do better than past seasons, you need to give more than just a good performance
77sparks77 - Seriously…. Who is this? Someone please tell me where did Simon go, because this is someone completely different from the past seasons. Now I'm just worried on if you can do this consistantly. Just be careful not to get to carried away and revert to that second tone that strated to appear near the end.
Americanidolfan - Okay, again, this seems to be a constant "issue" with others. I liked it, I got the vocal, but I only got a handful of the performance I would like. I'm just going to make some assumptions, but if that's your boyfriend in that photo, sing the song TO him. Look at him and sing the song TO him. Record yourself and see the difference.
cancanpiano - Season by season you're getting better. But, I do have to say that it took you a while to get into the song. Also I think this was walking the tightrope between true performance and a bit theatrical. I think you landed on the theatrical side and it seemed like the motion was a little dramatic and forced and unnatural.
deshonBannedisback - My main issue with this is that you seem to be stuck with how you would sing a couple years ago. By that I mean that it seems like you pick something that hasn't adjusted to your changing vocal and that you picked a song that was in your range a couple years ago, but now is way too high for you in that key. Bring it down and adjust!
dragotistic - You started off really strong and had a solid vocal performance, but as it progressed I started thinking, "Has he been in love before?" because I don't think you were getting into the heart of the song. Take a step back from the vocals and focus a bit more on the performance!
EternalBlossom - This was too forced and seemed a little to high for you. The main thing is finding a song that fits that you can sell and this seemed to neither fit nor sell.
Owlb0ned - Good performance, it was just hard to quite understand you in some locations. Also, some of the vocalizations didn't need to be part of the song and made those moments really off-putting.
Tundra - It felt like two different people were singing. The soft solid vocal that drew you in (although it did get too soft) and the on-and-off nasally vocal that needed to be toned down. There was no balance between the two levels. Solid vocal, solid performance, but you need to find a balance to really pull people in and not have them pull in and back away, teetering back and forth.
3358 days 14 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Group 3

Bearclaw1212 - This felt very spoken word and not karaoke. I got nothing in terms of vocals and just felt like you were talking to us the entire time. This didn't do it for me at all
Daulton7996 - I appreciate the song choice and it's one of those classic karaoke pieces, but I didn't feel any energy from you. It seemed like you were just doing the song just to get something in.
Maya10 - I think that this was a decent first performance. There were some vocal issues near the end and I think it started to pull away from you. I would say just watch on ballads because they can drag
Rory17 - okay, so with a guitar… you need to find the right position for the mic or project more because the guitar definitely overpowered you and at times it seems like you used it to cover up the parts that you didn't feel comfortable with. You have to find a better balance
SilverShadow - okay that reverb/echo has to go away. Also for something so short, it really didn't do much for me. It didn't sell me on who you are as a singer or performer. The reverb threw me off and you seemed to be swooping between notes a bit too much.
Superkevin79 - Performance wise, I definitely felt as if this is how you would perform it if you were hanging out with your friends. I think this is where you need to start focusing a little more on the vocals to bring the performance all together
wowjj - I think you picked a song you liked rather than a song you felt like you could perform. It's a great song, but it just felt like you were kind of just singing along and not performing
3358 days 14 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Group 4

Carsonworld - The verses were SOLID, but those choruses just felt too high for you and just didn't sit right because you fell flat. Just be careful with song choice!
Kingdomheartslover - oh boy… this is not a song  to do for an audition unless you have it down perfect. That intro needs to be on point and constant and you oversung it. And it just did not convey the emotion that was needed. The song choice destroyed you this round.
Puressence - it was nice, but that's all that I really got from this. I mean yes it fit the song, but if you had this kind of performance with other songs, it wouldn't quite float or pull the performance in.
spinfur - Okay, so rule 1 about vocalizations, unless you can feel them, drop them… those da da das between verses were unnecessary. Be careful with powerful songs and high song because it seemed like it was just getting away from you vocally.
TotalDramalover1234 - This seems to be an issue with many people this season, but you need to take it a step up from just talking singing into singing. If you do that, I think you can do well in this season
3358 days 13 hours ago
rory17
I am so sorry for quality guys! It wasn't the guitar or my voice. I was using a shitty iPad that had a one inch hole as a speaker. I will use my iPhone for now on! Yes, I was playing guitar.
3358 days 12 hours ago
cancanpiano
Oh dear, I think I didn't do so well...
3358 days 12 hours ago
SilverShadow
My critiques are amazeballs! hahaha bitches!!!
3358 days 12 hours ago
PureEssence
I'm glad with mine because they're positive but give constructive criticism :)
3358 days 12 hours ago
kingdomheartslover
I got constructive criticism as well, but yeah I had to switch microphones last second because of the time constraint I was under. Thank you for all the critiques, I will take them to heart and I will make sure to blow you away this next round!!!
3358 days 11 hours ago
Tundra
I loved my critics ... just wondering in Judge #2 had one for me... it was missing
3358 days 11 hours ago
forevermissprice
Definitely appreciate my critiques! Some good some bad but definitely helpful either way! I'm noticing a pattern too of the same kinda cons which definitely means change! Thanks none the less, I really do appreciate the comments :)
3358 days 11 hours ago
Maya10
My song is based on no instrument or instrument
3358 days 11 hours ago
TheExterminator4
I thought my critics were great! They will make me a stronger vocalist!

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!