This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Season 13 Hollywood Week: Second Chances

Topic » Season 13 Hollywood Week:..

3353 days 19 hours ago
kkoster001
I wanna apologize for the results hold-up. Tolis will have them up as soon as he can. :D
3353 days ago
TolisKalkas
Sorry for the uber long delay. There were a lot of hold ups (including my computer being taken to the repair shop for 3 days... when it should've been there for only 1 school day.) But now we're back into action!
3353 days ago
TolisKalkas
Judge 1

Bearclaw1212 - I feel like your tone was right for this song, but the pitch was not there! If you were on pitch this would have been a stellar performance, but because of the out of tune nature, It didn’t do it for me. I was very bored. Your vocals were static and the words meant nothing to you.
Daniel123456 - Pitch was much better in this performance! I think the other songs were too high for you. There were still many moments where you were flat though and you need to work on that. This was an improvement though.I was unmoved. This is a song that has great emotion behind it and I felt nothing.
dragotistic - You stayed on pitch very well! Your tone is not my favorite, but the performance as a whole was solid. You need to work on defining the pitch more though.  I was very bored! You did not connect the lyric to the music at all and you just sang without any sort of emotion.
Kingdomheartslover - Ok so you are fairly good with pitch, but as soon as it goes up you get flat. This can be fixed by support. You need to try and connect your breath to your singing. Support is a different feeling for everyone and you can hear a thousand descriptions of it, but try and find it and that pitch problem will go away! I felt the emotion! Great job! There could always be more though!
Rory17 - Same problem as the past two performances and it is starting to get frustrating. I cant hear your voice over the guitar. Either use a mic near your face or lose the guitar. This needs to be fixed. You could go far in the competition, but I cannot hear your voice enough. You put emotion into it. I think. Im not quite sure because I cant hear you sing that well. Fix the problem.
spinfur - Pitch was a big issue in this performance. You need to work on this. Sometimes you sounded ok, but all in all it was very pitchy.  I felt very minimal emotion from this performance. Try to connect the lyric more! Try to put more emotion into the performance as well!
Superkevin79 - You stayed in tune very well! Overall this was a solid performance! Your tone suited this song very well and over all I enjoyed this performance.I could feel some faint emotion, but there can still be more! Just listen to the words and think of what they mean to you!
TotalDramalover1234 - I feel like this was an improvement from previous performances! I feel like you have a better lower range and that you need to show that off more. The pitch was good this time! Solid performance! I felt the emotion, but it could have been better. Try to feel the lyrics more. Also try to change the verses up a little bit. I was a little bored by the end.
3353 days ago
TolisKalkas
Bearclaw1212 - I like  your voice a lot, as I have said before. However I think there are things you are afraid of. One of those things being certain songs. As you seem afraid to try songs that have really difficult runs/note carries. However I think you do very cool things with the songs you do choose. Te only problem I have with you, is the fact that you don't really do much to change it around. Or make it fun. It sounds cool because of your voice, but it doesn't do anythng for me. I still see potential though. Good job!
dragotistic - I think the song was a decent choice, however you held back so much gaain, plus you were quite shaky. However I do see potential in you if you work on your vibrato, and breathe control. You could do really well. It's just a matter of how quickly. That will be the deciding factor for me  when it comes to you. Solid job!
Kingdomheartslover - I think this was your strongest performance yet! However I have to say that broadway style is a select genre for select taste, and it seems that you are stuck in that genre of music. Which could hurt you. Therefore I would try to branch out if I were you. I would also work on the big notes because you tended to sing through your nose with them. The positives though were that you stayed on timing with the instrumental, and the intro of the song which was quite strong! Good job overall!
Rory17 - I commented saying it'd be hard to hear you, however I found I was a little wrong. i won't say I could hear you perfectly, but I  could hear you pretty well. Sadly I have to say that this to me, was your weakest performance. Weirdly though, it was still better than some of the other performers performances. You do need to work on your control in general, but well done overall!
spinfur - I don't think you knew the song. I will say you managed to stay on melody even having not known the song super well though. But I now have to move onto vocals, which sadly were breathy and shaky. I think you have the possibility to be great though. So I don't want you to be upset with what I am saying. All I want you to know is that with practice, and breathing excersizes, you could come back next year as a front runner. Solid!
Superkevin79 - Good job! Definitely a big improvement from your last performance, and I actually see a chance for you. I liked taht you stayed on pitch, and that you tried to really feel the music. However I was a little dissapointed simply because this song is far more than overdone. The song is straight up just dead. Although I think you did a solid job with it. Just make sure to continue watching so to note sing through your nose. Well done!
TotalDramalover1234 - I really like you! I won't say that was your strongest performance yet. But I do like you. I think your voice is solid, and sweet. And given the right song you've shown you can kill. such as last week. (I was shocked you didn't go straight through) Anyways, although your pitch  wasn't perfect I still think you did a solid job, and I think you can do well moving forward. Well done!
3353 days ago
TolisKalkas
Judge 3

Bearclaw1212 -  I’m not keen on the song choice, I preferred the other song you sent me this week, I thought that was really cool. However, you did a solid job with this. In future, try add a little more emotion into your performances.
Daniel123456 - Oh no! Not frozen! It’s not bad, actually. It’s better than a lot of covers I’ve heard of this! You struggled sometimes though, I noticed. You missed a few notes throughout, but you definitely put some fun into it!
dragotistic - An interesting song choice. Not something I expected! Probably my favourite performance by you so far in this competition! I think you’ve taken this as your second chance and really gave it your all! Well done!
Kingdomheartslover - One of my favourite ever songs! Yay! Your vocals went a bit off though. You struggled with the chorus a lot in this, it was too high for you. I think you should’ve done a song with a lower melody. 
Rory17 - Oh, wow! Yay! I love this! I really wanna hear you go back to a rockier song, instead of pop! Or I want you to take a pop song and change it up to suit your style with the guitar more - that would be really cool! I like this, good job! 
spinfur - Hmmmm. The verses were good, and on point, but the chorus was really off. I’m not sure what’s happened this round. I really thought you would be one of the ones to come out and slay, but I’m disappointed. 
Superkevin79 - Brilliant song choice for your voice - I’m so surprised by this in a good way. I love it! I love it! I love it! Another one who came out here like it was there second chance and definitely gave it their all! Go you! 
TotalDramalover1234 - No! Im so upset you put this in late. I was rooting for you - WE WERE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU shouted like Tyra Banks However, I LOVE THIS! I hope by submitting late, you haven’t ruined your chances because you’re so willing to work, improve and so on. Awesome job! 
3353 days ago
TolisKalkas
Judge 4

Bearclaw1212 - Getting better. But this song has been done so much and I just didn't feel the connections between you and the song. It seemed to just be a lack of connection that made me a bit standoff-ish towards this recording.
Daniel123456 - This song fit your operatic style more than other pieces, but once again you were thrown off the beat because of the oversinging. Also you seem to swoop into many words and it makes it a bit unsettling.
dragotistic - Overall it was a decent performance. But after a while it just dragged and it was getting really shakey. It's hard to do long songs and keep them solid throughout let alone keep people's interest throughout.
Kingdomheartslover - It's a hard song to sing, and you did a decent job on it, but it just didn't completely fit together well. There were moments where this was great, but other times you were flat and singing a little bit too much from the mask of your face making it a bit muffled.
Rory17 - The guitar seemed to overpower you and it seemed to cover up some of your weaknesses. You need to find the balance between the guitar and your vocals.
spinfur - It was a decent performance. I wish you let go a little more and just let loose and had a lot more sass and fun with the song.
Superkevin79 - Good job on this. I would say that you need to step back to make it a little less harsh because although you built throughout the piece it went from loud to louder. If you took a couple steps back it would've been a lot better.
TotalDramalover1234 - I'm so glad you didn't try to option up. It made this fit you a lot more and made me feel some connection. Overall a solid performance.
3353 days ago
TolisKalkas
So after careful consideration, the judges have selected 5 people to move through to the live shows!

Dragotisticchair
Kingdomheartslover
Rory17
Superkevin79
TotalDramalover1234

To the others, it was great hearing you guys and hopefully we'll see you back for the summer season!
3352 days 23 hours ago
superkevin79
OMFG
3352 days 23 hours ago
dragotistic
Thank you guys so much! It's an honor to make the Live Shows again, and hopefully I can utilize this opportunity to make it farther than I did before!
3352 days 15 hours ago
kingdomheartslover
OMG THANK YOU SO SO MUCH I WILL TAKE THIS ALL INTO ACCOUNT <3
3352 days 14 hours ago
bearclaw1212
I'll see you guys next season :) gl guys.
3352 days 13 hours ago
rory17
THX SO MUCH GUYS!!!

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!