This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol 13: The Top 13 Perform

Topic » Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol 13:..

3328 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Let's get to the comments and performances!
3328 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
1) SilverShadow singing "Jealous"

https://soundcloud.com/silvershadow-4/jealous-cover

Tolis - "Your nailed the performance aspect. The vocals though were rough this week. It seemed like you had to strain a lot to try to stay high and the strain with some flat notes made it a little wonky. The falsetto was solid, just be careful of the cracks when jumping in and out of the falsetto. Overall a good performance"

Mat - "I saw the song choice and immediately worried about you being able to get the high notes, but you did it! Brilliantly! I loved this. It was fun, it was energetic, it was in-tune, it was everything I want in a performance. Although, at some points it sounded as if you were putting on this strange voice, so please try avoid that in future - I haven’t been aware of it in your other performances"

Zach - "Ok once again the vocals were sloppy. There were notes that i couldn’t tell what they were. There were also aspects of this that were weak. Altogether this was better than last week, but still not what I am looking for from you. I feel like you can do so much better than this."

Kyle - "I really do like you as a competitor, and I think your falsetto is to die for. However, when you weren't singing in falsetto you actually got a little whiny sounding/nasally and shaky, which surprised me. However those are fairly easy fixes, so don't worry about them too much. Plus, your performance was still good, I mean your falsetto was issue-free, and you had a high level of energy which made the performance really fun. Nice job!"

Overall Score: 7.35
3328 days 21 hours ago
dragotistic
Quivering in my boots
3328 days 21 hours ago
kkoster001
Good luck everyone!
3328 days 21 hours ago
TolisKalkas
2) Forevermissprice singing "Style"

https://soundcloud.com/forevermissprice/style-acapella

Mat - "Another solid performance from you, Jacquie. Your vocal is great and this song choice really fits the tone to your voice perfectly. I really hope you start straying away from doing Acapella though - it’s much easier to sing acapella with your headphones in than it is to sing with a backing track and no vocal help. I get that you feel more comfortable without it, but I think most people do, so please do try and use backing track. Still, with that being said, one of my favourites of the night - you do pull it off well!"

Zach - "Huge step up from last week! I feel like this was a fantastic performance! I honestly wasn't expecting Taylor Swift from you, but this was a great choice! Usually when people do covers acapella I can hear pitch problems, but you stayed on point. All together this performance was one of your best!"

Kyle - "Well I love your voice! I also love the vibrato you use, and how well you hold pitch. Plus your enunciation is out of this world, in terms of clarity and uniqueness. Sadly though, there was no backing track, and that really took away from the overall appeal of this performance. Plus you had a bum note right towards the end of your performance that shocked me, considering it's a rarity to hear vocal issues like that from you. Still, your performance was very solid overall! Well done!"

Tolis - "Vocally it was nice as usual, but I think this was you most lackluster performance. I just wasn't feeling it. It kind of was just there. I need a little more energy in an acapella piece."

Overall Score: 7.95
3328 days 20 hours ago
TolisKalkas
3) EternalBlossom singing "Love Me Like You Do"

https://soundcloud.com/ayiannamadison/love-me-like-you-do-2

Zach - "Once again your vocals are on point, but this week I couldn't hear much emotion. Especially with this intense karaoke, which I absolutely loved btw, I feel like you should have been pouring out your emotions!!! If you could have done this I think this would have been the best performance of the night, but I just wasnt feeling it sorry!"

Kyle - "Beautiful! I mean, the intro was just magic, and then you swooped into the chorus, and filled the song with emotion that wasn't there before in Ellie's version. Also, you reached for some bigger notes that turned out smooth and strong. So kudos for that! however, for the negatives to the performance. Well, you were fairly shaky, and seemed a little weak at points. But overall those negatives were barely noticable, and I thoroughly enjoyed the performance. Wonderful job!"

Tolis - "Some aspects were great vocally and performance wise, but then there were moments where you just lost it either vocally or feeling a bit lackluster. It just didn't seem to quite come all together. Again just felt a little off this week."

Mat - "Okay, so I listened to this and I didn’t like it at all - then I finished my scores for everyone and randomly, I couldn’t stop singing this song and I could remember your version so well. Because of that, I went back and listened to it again, and I absolutely love it. I have no idea what I was thinking the first time. This song shows your range so well. You’ve shown me that you can do fast and slow songs and do them both brilliantly. I love the tone to your voice so so much and I say this every week. I hope you finally get the credit you deserve. Well done!"

Overall Score: 7.625
3328 days 20 hours ago
TolisKalkas
4) Tundra singing "All About That Bass"

https://soundcloud.com/tundratz/all-about-that-bass-cover-1

Kyle "Unlike like the results showed last week, I personally did not have you as my favorite . However I think this was better than last week, and it could easily put you at the top yet again. Not to mention you have spot on pitch, and the fact that you can put together your own piano arrangements gives you an upperhand over some other competitors. Awesome job!"

Tolis - "Nice bluesy take on a modern classic. I quite enjoyed this. Would've liked a little more attitude in your inflection though. Otherwise a solid performance vocally and bluesically."

Mat - "Another solid song choice and performance from you. I think you’ve finally found your mojo! I liked that you did a version similar to the PMJ version. Although, if I had to point out one thing, it would be by the end it just felt as though you were singing the same collection of notes over and over so it felt like there was no build up at all throughout the whole song - it didn’t go anywhere. Try and make it more of a journey throughout the song, more of a build. Definitely one of my favourites from you, though. Keep this up"

Zach - "Your vocals were stunning as always, but I wasnt feeling this. I feel like this song is supposed to be full of energy. I understand if you were trying to change up the style, but I didnt feel like this was done in the right way if you were trying to do that. All together I was impressed, but got bored through it."

Overall Score: 8.45
3328 days 20 hours ago
dragotistic
Oof nice job tundra!
3328 days 20 hours ago
TolisKalkas
5) Dragotistic singing "Lay Me Down"
https://soundcloud.com/dancolinjames/lay-me-down-acapella

Tolis - "Oh Dan. I appreciate you going out of your comfort zone, but if you are going acapella, you have to be careful about the melody because there are moments that don't translate well without any backing. Also any small inflection issues become really noticable. It was a sweet performance, but there were issues with the vocals that didn't quite pull the performance together."

Mat - "Hmm. You say this is a risk, but why so? Singing with your headphones along to the vocal is much easier than singing along to a backing track - without vocal assistance. I found this performance to be quite boring, but there is no doubt your vocal is strong. You’re definitely improving, Drago, and I’m excited to see where you go if you do continue on in this competition"

Zach - "This song is beautiful, but I feel like it was way too high for you. This was just a poor song choice. You falsetto is not a really strong aspect of your voice. I also feel like the emotion wasnt really there. It was better than past performances, but it was all one dynamic level and there was not much change at all throughout the performance"

Kyle - "Another competitor with a nice falsetto! Wonderful job with that! I also loved that you put so much emotion into this. However i think when you got caught up in the emotion aspect you lost some of the singing aspect. I mean, this was very breathy, and it was a little distracting, plus you had a slight tendancy to go flat, or change key on the fly. So sadly, I will have to label this another hit and miss. Well done!"

Overall Score: 5.575
3328 days 20 hours ago
dragotistic
Yeah I'm out
3328 days 20 hours ago
TolisKalkas
6) TheExterminator4 singing "Fourfiveseconds"

https://soundcloud.com/blake18-1/week-3-fourfiveseconds

Mat - "The unique tone to your voice really stood out with this song choice, and I’m quite impressed. You’re one of the ones that I notice is improving bit by bit each week. However, at points it seemed very nasal and the nice tone to your voice vanished, so please try to avoid that in future recordings"

Zach - "I feel like the vocals on this were strong, but there wasnt much emotion behind it so it made the performance as a whole lack that wow factor. If we could get that emotion I think you could really shine!"

Kyle - "I loved this! I mean, there were a moment or two where you went slightly flat. Other than that though, your pitch was on, plus you stayed on time with the backing track. Then looking at the runs, well you hit them all right on the head, and I have to admit that I was impressed. Great job! Best performance from you yet!"

Tolis - "Vocally solid, but this week just seems to be the week of lackluster perfomances. There was nothing that drew me into the performance. I need some energy from you even if it's not uptempo."

Overall Score: 7.425
3328 days 20 hours ago
TolisKalkas
7) Carsonworld singing "Somebody"

https://soundcloud.com/carsonworld/somebody-natalie-la-rose

Zach - "Your energy is always there, but your tone is not my favorite, but all in all this was a solid performance. Your vocals are always good and the emotion was definitely there. Good job!"

Kyle - "Energy! This is the first time i've seen so much of it from you! Plus most of the notes you sang were really solid on all aspects. However I just want you watch to make sure you don't overdo it. Like, don't oversell what you are trying to get across because it can bring your performance down a whole notch. Still I am very happy with how this turned out compared to last week. Solid job!"

Tolis - "Overall a fun performance, but I feel like you never got really into it. Lackluster seems to be the word of the week for me. It was nice, and fun, but it kind of sounded like you were singing along while being distracted by something."

Mat - "Hmmm. Carson. This, for me, is your weakest vocal of the competition so far. I’m not sure what’s happened with you recently, but your song choices seem a bit off. It’s sad. I don’t think you suit this type of song choice at all. I much prefer you when you sing the happier, upbeat songs you did in the earlier stages. Please, please, go back to that. With that being said, its still good, but it’s just not you."

Overall Score: 7.125
3328 days 20 hours ago
TolisKalkas
8) Puressence singing "Love Me Harder"

https://soundcloud.com/pureessence6/love-me-harder-by-ariana-grande-cover-by-essence-1

Kyle - "You have such soft pretty voice, and I like how that worked with this song! But I do think you had a few issues with your runs, and getting a little shouty. But other than that you were very strong, and fierce when you sang. I would make sure at this point that you work on toning it down when you need to, and making sure those runs are on point. Really nice though!"

Tolis - "Again, it just seems like the performance value has been down this week. The vocals were a bit shakey and the performance just never fully brought me in."

Mat - "Throughout this competition i’ve been hugely let down by you. You’ve never been amazingly high on my overall rankings, and I am happy to say - I got you completely wrong. This was just brilliant. Absolutely amazing, Essence. I am so shocked and happy to listen to this and hear confidence, energy and personality - something you haven’t shown till now. I’m completely in LOVE with this. You go! If you keep this level up, I think you could…..you could win it."

Zach - "This was a good performance, but you were like 1 cent flat throughout most of it. If you just support a little bit you can fix this. This performance would have been flawless! This was an impressive performance besides that pitchiness."

Overall: 8.00
3328 days 20 hours ago
TolisKalkas
9) MrPokeguy9 singing "Lips Are Movin"

https://soundcloud.com/mrpokeguy9/lips-are-movin-tengaged-idol

Tolis "Fun performance. Be careful about cutting off the ends of the phrases. It got a little choppy especially in the beginning. It also felt a little forced (Could be just the grunt that through me off)."

Mat "Oh for god sake. Another acapella? Do you guys not realise you’re being potentially eliminated for having a bad performance score? By taking away the music you’re essentially removing some of the performance element to it, unless you do it perfectly, and sadly, I don’t think you did. I think the first verse and chorus were brilliant and I was dancing along - I didn’t even realise there was no music. However, after that, it all just fell flat, it felt like something was missing. Please, please, please use a backing track from now on. And if you do continue keep doing songs like this because at the start i really felt energy and personality from you - something that’s been missing for me."

Zach - "You are always full of energy and always sell your performances, but the pitch for this one was terrible. You changed keys like 10 times and that is not ok. Acapella performances can present many pitch problems and this brought it out."

Kyle - "I actually liked this! I also liked that it was so quiet, because it forced you to really control your voice. Therefore helping to keep your pitch under control, and allowing us to really hear that lovely tone you have. Plus that growl that you used was well controlled as well, and added something wonderful and unique to this performance. There were a few flat notes in there too, but those were barely noticeable. Nice job! (Please use a backing track next time as well)"

Overall: 6.675
3328 days 20 hours ago
TolisKalkas
10) DanielC2384 singing "All About that Bass"

https://soundcloud.com/danielc2384/all-about-that-bass-dan

Mat - "There is no doubt in my mind that this is the best of the night. I’m completely in LOVE with this version, and Im not ashamed to say I’ve listened to this about 9 times before writing this. I love how you kept the energy and bounce required to really do this song well and not only that, but you added your own rap into it which brought a whole new element to the song. It was absolutely brilliant and it’s actually, by far, my favourite performance of the whole competition so far. “She tried to lose the fat, but he aint wanting that, he likes them nice big buns, but she got none hun” - literally my favourite thing over any TI competition. If i could give you marks higher than 10, you’d be getting it. If everyone else put a tenth of the effort and fun into their performances as you do, this would be an absolutely phenomenal competition. F*****g amazing."

Zach - "Pitch was much better this week! The energy was superb as always and this was definitely a step up from last week. I died at the rap that you added in. It definitely changes the meaning of the song, but I liked it haha. Great jjob!"

Kyle - "Energy, energy, energy! That is something everyone loves about you. Plus you've shown in the past few weeks that you really can sing. However with as much fun as this was I feel it lacked a little control. I mean you went off key quite a few times, and you were a little off with the instrumental. But, I did enjoy your rap, and you were very solid overall.. Keep working. Good job!"

Tolis - "Energy wise it was fun, I liked the little twist you added in there that made it your own. The verses felt a little too talkative though. Not your strongest vocal, but still I think you underestimate your vocal abilities. Not saying that you are the best vocalist, but you can pull off a pretty good vocal performance. This was just a subpar performance from you."

Overall Score: 7.375
3328 days 20 hours ago
TotalDramaLover1234
rip me

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!