This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol 13: The Top 7 Perform

Topic » Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol 13:..

3300 days 1 hour ago
TolisKalkas
Slowly but surely here are the results... and scoring update
3300 days 1 hour ago
TolisKalkas
Okay so we'll do this like we did back in another previous season... :) and with the way things are going in terms of scoring, I have a new idea for format of season 14 (or most likely 15). :)
3300 days 1 hour ago
TolisKalkas
also if my computer /internet wasn't being super laggy, it wouldn't take 5 minutes per post... SORRY ABOUT THAT!
3300 days 1 hour ago
TolisKalkas
Comments from Tolis

Dan - Even though melody and key jumping was crazy throughout the performance, you still managed to pull me into the performance. Your strength and what is keeping you strong in this competition is that energy. Keep it up. Again, there are moments in there that are like okay he's got this vocally, but then key jumping and awkward melodies through me off.
Mrpoke - The thing that is dropping your performance value on this is that you have the background track so quiet that your energy overtakes it and it overall felt like a high energy acapella piece with a lot of gaps... just look at the sound waves. Gotta find that balance.
silver - it could be the song, but i was feeling the performance. Vocally was really shakey for me and this song, but you had me from the second line (the missed entrance to start wasn't in your favor). Just mesh the vocals from other perforrmances with the performance value for this and you've got yourself a great combo moving forward.
tundra - stylistically I do not agree some of your choices this week. It felt wayyy to oversung and drawn out at parts and then you attacked some parts, and others you just put a bit of the brakes right on the end of the build up and lost the momentum. Yes vocally this was great, and yes the performance was good, but it could've been a heck of a lot better.
carson - solid performance, just needed something to push it over the edge and make it a fantastic performance. It was a great performance, but left me wanting a little something extra.
pure - a nice performance that was pleasant to listen to. I can't remember off the top of my head, but it reminded me of the style of a specific singer, and it was very pleasant.
3300 days 1 hour ago
TolisKalkas
Comments from Kyle
Dan - Wow! I think this might just be the biggest shock of the season! I mean, yes you did stumble in the intro, and there were one or two other points where you hit a note wrong. But I was honestly so impressed. Emotionally, you connected so strongly! Vocally, you were mostly there too! Literally, who knew you could sing like that. Such smooth notes, and a range I never knew was there. Not to mention you had some beautiful transitions. I was expecting good, but this was great. Wow!
Mrpoke - You were very on pitch this week! Plus you had some fun with this, however the one thing I mainly disliked about this was the fact that there were so many moments where you didn't have to sing. Plus you ended your notes a little off at times. After all that is said and done though, you did a good job, and I mean that. I still think you need work, but you keep getting better. Good job!
silver - Well I liked this! I like your bigger range personally too. I was sad though because in the intro it gs "If Only I Knew What I Know Today" which is foollowed by some oohs which I expected to be sung in falsetto, and they weren't. I think that could of helped you by singing them in falsetto, but you still did well (Plus the falsetto later on was amazing). Not to mention you stayed on pitch which is difficult for some others. Good job!
tundra - I think this was a nice solid performance, however it lacked that energy I really needed to bring it to the next level. Now i'm not saying it ws bad because it was very solid, but I did notice more things wrong than I have in the past and I don't know what's up. I mean, there was one note 3/4 of the way in and it was very sharp, plus lately you tend to throw runs into random places and it throws off your performance. However your tone is extremely enjoyable and I think you overall did a very nice job! Good job!
carson - Your best performance of the season! Talk about well placed runs, great dynamics in general, and spot on pitch. Plus, I loved how you clipped off the notes considering it made the song really dramatic. Truthfully this is what I have been waiting for from you, and it was wonderful. I would say just make sure you watch so that you get everything as close to perfect as you possibly can, and that you keep your energy at the same level throughout, but overall that was hella strong. Great work!
pure - Yes! Your best performance yet! It was beautiful, emotional and strong. I mean, out of all of your performances this was the most on in terms of pitch, plus it was in key, and you sang with the perfect amount of softness or power when needed. Oh, and you can't forget that you made me feel something when I listened to this, which is hard to do. Last thing I wanna say that big note was awesome! As for negatives, well I noticed that you got a little ahead of the instrumental sometimes, which you even noticed towards the end when you cut off a phrase slightly, and picked it up a moment later when it was back in time. All in all though, this was off the chain!
3300 days 1 hour ago
TolisKalkas
Comments from Zach
Dan - This was a huge risk for you. Your singing hasn't been up to par all season and honestly this fell flat. You started off on the wrong note and it set up the performance in the wrong way. The beginning of a performance can make or break it and unfortunately this broke it. I'm sorry to say this, but I really think you should stick to rap. An idea for the future is that you could do a duo with another tengager who has a better voice, but this performance fell flat.
Mrpoke - The pitch was much better this week! It still can be improved even more, but I definitely noticed a lot of improvement! This was one of your best performances this season! If I do have one complaint it would be that the karaoke track was a little quiet and hard to hear. All in all though this was a solid performance!
silver - I think the vocals this week were sloppy. It took a while for you to get on pitch for many of the notes, and I felt like you were sliding around a lot. I got bored, and the high notes seemed strenuous. I'm sorry, but this was not my favorite performance of yours.
tundra - This song is a killer song, and as always your tone is beautiful, but I don't think that you did this song justice. There were pitch problems when you went high. Support on those high notes if you don't want them going flat. As you got further through the song it did get better, but it was still a little lack luster. The beginning and end were both too low. I honestly don't think that this was the best song choice for you, but it wasn't terrible.
carson - YES!!!! This selection was great! Your voice sounds amazing in this! This is my favorite performance of the season!!! You added the right amount of originality into it and you killed this! I felt the emotion and if you keep it up to this level I can see you going on to win this whole thing! I loved this!!!! Great job!
pure - This was a very good performance and a fantastic song selection! Great job! There were still a few spots where I felt like you were shaky, but I really enjoyed this performance! I like your lower range a lot and I feel like we haven't heard a lot of it this season!
3300 days 1 hour ago
TolisKalkas
Comments from Mat
Dan - So, as you know I was totally against you doing this, and I am so so so glad that I’m wrong. Was it vocally perfect? No. Obviously not, but you’re a rapper. This was a HUGE risk and a HUGE challenge for you! There is not one thing I dislike about this. There is emotion pouring out of your voice in this song and I’m completely shocked by how good it was! People like Eminem, Nicki Minaj, Iggy and so on don’t sing because they’re rappers and you managed to completely blow me this week. I said “WOW” to myself mid-performnce. I never ever expected something so emotional and serious from you and I’m so bloody happy you did this song. I think you’re great, I really, really do. Well done!
Mrpoke - You definitely know how to pick song choices that suit your voice, don’t you? This was brilliant! The energy was there and you were serving vocals on point! You’ve really started to shine the last two weeks and I’m so impressed! I just want you to know that no matter what position you get in this competition you should be really, really proud of yourself! You were bottom 2 for a while and came back so strongly and have really shown yourself to be a great talent! You’re one of the nicest people i’ve ever spoken to on this site and I really really hope you get your confidence levels up because you deserve that! I wish everyone on this site knew just how awesome you, as a person, really are! Great performance! :D
silver - THE FALSETTO KING MAKES A TRIUMPHANT RETURN TO FORM! I LOVEEEEE this performance so much. I was so impressed then you flipped to falsetto and ugh omg just so good so so so so so good! I feel like you came into this competition strong, then kinda stayed the same level and now BOOM, you’re back! You took a song by one of best vocalists of modern times and completely owned this! Im so so so proud of you and I’m blown away by this!
tundra - Okay, so after having a few risks tonight so far, this is the first song choice that seems a little on the predictable side. After you proving me wrong with an uptempo last week, I was hoping we would hear that side to you again this week with there being 2 songs, but I didn’t really feel anything with this song. It wasn’t bad, in fact, it was good, but on a night when everyone seems to have taken risks and given me a WOW kinda moment, I feel like you’ve just given me a “Okay this is good” kinda moment. I wish you had pushed the performance side to this a little more! Some of the notes towards the end were a little on the shouty side, but this is a hard song to sing, so that’s probably why! Overall, a solid effort!
carson - I AM SO GLAD YOU DID THIS! This is my favourite performance by you to date. I really didn’t expect you to be this good! There’s been so many “WOW” moments for me tonight, and this is definitely one of them. I totally didn’t see this coming with you at all! I think this was great! Your voice is really strong on songs like these, so please keep this up! I much prefer it when you do songs like this! THIS is a good risk! THIS is a good song choice! This is just URGH SO GOOD CARSON! SO GOOD! I’m so impressed! It seemed so natural and easy and I really thought the performance aspect of this was perfect!
pure - YOU RAPPED. YOU RAPPED. YOU RAPPED. THIS IS A RISK THAT IS JUST PERFECT! This side to you is just brilliant! I've never heard it before and didn't think you had it in you! This is utter brilliance, Essence! It truly is! I love that you've seen me say how others should take on rapping if Daniel has to do singing, and you actually did it! I thought you would be the LAST person to do it, if anyone was going to! I am so happy with you! This was amazing! Vocals were on point for the most part and the performance level was OUT OF THIS WORLD! YOURE AMAZING
3300 days 1 hour ago
TolisKalkas
Comments from Tolis
Dan - fun performance, vocals were good, but you've done better both vocally and performance wise. I think this was probably somewhere in the middle of all your performances.
Mrpoke - there's something about this that's just not sitting well with me. vocals were solid, performance was good, I can't place a finger on it, but it just felt middle of the road for you.
silver - this was quite weaker than your hurt. It felt less connected and less sure on the vocals. It just didn't quite live up to some of your other performances and comparing your two entries this week, this just didn't do it.
tundra - *looks at my comments on One Night Only*.... *multiplies those comments and hair pulling by 5* this was your most disappointing performance for me. I needed A LOT more personality from you in this song and it just felt bland. I felt no passion in this performance and I am very disappointed
carson - big song to fill and I think you overstepped. Not that it was out of your reached, but you tried wayy to hard and it showed. It just felt very forced to me and didn't feel all that comfortable. Made for shakey vocals and performance tension.
pure - to be quite honest, this might've been your weakest performance in a long time. It just felt disjointed and like you were singing under your breathe in the mirror while a track plays in the background. I don't know if I'm explaining the image/how i feel correctly, but I think that gets the point across.
3300 days 1 hour ago
TolisKalkas
Comments from Kyle
Dan - I liked the energy here! I also like that your vocal was on point in every single aspect, and lastly I enjoyed that you gave us some of that flare which you are known for and that we love. I think overall this was one of your strongest weeks as well, it was altogether extremely solid. Great job!
Mrpoke - Yes! This is what I wanted from you. It had that energy, but it also showcased what you can do with your voice, and it had a very cool vocal feel. Not to mention you were on pitch for the most part and you were able to control your voice. Keep doing stuff like this please. Great work!
silver - Yay! I loved this! It was so solid, I couldn't believe it. Pitch was on point, tone was on point, and the emotion was on point. Just talk about an all around amazing performance. HOwever I do have one critique,and that would be for you to watch that you don't try and sing out of your rane, because the last "Keep" note was definitely out of your range. Either way, well done. Keep up the good work!
tundra - I like this more than your first song! I liked the energy you had a bit more as well, but that is probably because this is more in your lane. Still, you did what you did in the first song, which was throw in some unnecessary runs, and you also tended to go a little flat when you carried the word "head". However you were much more emotional and invested into this song which I really liked. Well done!
carson - Your energy was amazing! However I think you lagged in this vocal. I mean, it wasn't bad. However many of the runs were not quite executed right, and your timing wasn't 100% on with the instrumental. With that said, your energy was contagious and it helped me to thoroughly enjoy this. So well done!
pure - I think this was really fun. I liked the rap a lot! I also liked seeing that different side of you, not to mention the litte me-e, and be-e runs were just awesome. I think this definitely showed a different side of you, and this is what we have been waiting for from you. With all that said I fel this still could of been a little stronger as a whole, however I understand that your throat was hurting, it happens. Good job! Keep it up!
3300 days 1 hour ago
TolisKalkas
Comments from Zach
Dan - Your performances are always electric, and this was no different! This performance was great! I was super impressed! You should keep this up!
Mrpoke - The pitch was better in this, but it was not as good as Hit the Road. The karaoke once again was a little quiet for my taste. I also feel like you were holding back in this performance. It may have been because of the quiet karaoke, but I'm not 100% sure. All in all this performance was solid. Good job this week.
silver - I feel like this was a poor song choice for you. You're falsetto is not strong and this song was too high for you. The vocals once again were sloppy. I will always say that connection and originality is essential to a performance, but it should never interfere with the vocals. This was a step down. In future weeks you need to step it up.
tundra - Once again you tend to lay a little flat when you hold a note, and this is starting to be a problem, just keep on energizing the notes and then it should be fixed. I also got bored through this. I felt that this performance was stagnant and did not move much. I really need to start feeling this emotion!!! Music without the emotion is nothing.
carson - Ok this was definitely a step down from Young and Beautiful, but it was still good. The timing with the back track was a little off and I don't feel like this was the best selection for your tone, but besides those things it was a great performance! Great job this week it was definitely a step up!
pure - Ok, so I enjoyed this performance, but the vocals were a little shaky. I still love your tone, but every once in a while I don't feel confidence coming from your performance and that is a problem. You need to have confidence in everything! All in all this was a good performance though! Good job!
3300 days 1 hour ago
TolisKalkas
Comments from Mat
Dan - YES. YES. YES. YES. AND MORE YES. THIS is the kinda energy I have come to expect from you and I absolutely adored it! I kinda wished you sang the chorus because of how good your first song was, but that’s okay! I can get over that! This was fun, this was energetic, this was everything a PERFORMANCE should be! I think this is a massively strong week for you Daniel and I couldn’t be more happy for you! I had a smile on my face throughout this and you definitely brought it this week! If you keep delivering performances like this, I think you could win this competition!
Mrpoke - Yet again you get another perfect song choice for your voice! This really was so much fun! Your performance levels have improved so much its insane! You’ve really grown in this competition and I really hope you look back and realise the improvement! I was dancing, I was smiling, singing along and at the end I shouted “yaaaaay” - this really really was such a fun, happy, lovely performance! I really hope you make it through to next week so you can show everyone how much you can still grow! BELIEVE in yourself
silver - THIS. WAS. VOCALLY. INSANE. This was WOW! So much WOW POW WOW! The chorus was so bloody good! I don’t think people realise how hard it is to sing “keep” in falsetto in the chorus over and over like that! It requires SO MUCH voice control! You’ve managed to completely own two very hard songs to sing tonight and I truly think YOU ARE BACK in the game! Other than a few odd notes here and then, this was brilliant! I’ll be very surprised if you go this week…very very surprised!
tundra - Okay, so this is another song that seemed kinda an obvious pick for you. You did an Adele song last season for this theme too, so I kinda knew that if Adele was going to be done, it would be you doing it. I wasn’t keen on the changes in the melody you did too, it kinda felt a bit odd at some places in the song. I feel like you haven’t done yourself justice with the song choices this week, and that makes me a little sad. You have such a brilliant voice and such great musicality and I really think you’re capable of so much more than the two songs you’ve given tonight - both of which seemed predictable and safe choices. Although, I guess when someone says you singing an Adele song is “safe”, that could be taken as a compliment, haha! Again, a good performance, just didn’t have the wow to it I was hoping for.
carson - I’m happy you did an uptempo with the ballad, I like that it shows your versatility! I wasn’t a huge fan of this performance, to be honest though! It was solid, just not “ wow”for me! But your first performance definitely makes up for it! It’s not your worst performance, it’s not your best! It’s just good! It’s so hard to sing an Amy song as her voice was just phenomenal, but I appreciated you gave it your all and there were nice moments in the chorus’ where you changed up the melody a bit which I felt worked! So, good job!
pure - So, at the start of this competition I didn't think you would go far. I thought you were boring, I thought you were just a girl with a pretty voice singing pretty songs. I take that all back. I take it all back. You have just delivered the best performance of the entire season. This was absolutely sensational. There is no performance that I can remember in ANY Tengaged Idol that is as good as this. Your voice is magical. Truly magical. There was this haunting innocence to your voice that I've never heard before from you and every note felt effortless, felt natural, felt emotional, felt....well....perfect. It will be an absolute disgrace, if after this performance you do not make the final. This was out of this world. 10 is not enough. 50 is not enough. 10000 is not enough for me. This performance has completely blown everyone else away tonight. The low notes were so smooth, the high notes were so beautiful. This performance has absolutely shown me that you're MORE than capable of winning this competi
3300 days 1 hour ago
TolisKalkas
Results from US performances:

Best vocal: Carson
Best performance: Pure

1        ::        9.00        ::        pure
2        ::        8.70        ::        carson
3        ::        7.75        ::        Mrpoke
4        ::        7.73        ::        silver
5        ::        7.53        ::        Dan
6        ::        7.38        ::        tundra
3300 days 1 hour ago
TolisKalkas
Results from UK performances:

Best vocal: Pure
Best performance: Dan

1        ::        8.20        ::        Dan
2        ::        8.18        ::        pure
3        ::        7.80        ::        Mrpoke
4        ::        7.35        ::        silver
5        ::        7.30        ::        carson
6        ::        6.53        ::        tundra
3300 days 1 hour ago
TolisKalkas
My bad mat.

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!