This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TkI14 Behind-the-Scenes: Week 7

Topic » TkI14 Behind-the-Scenes: Week..

3088 days 16 hours ago
americanidolfan
Carlisle, I have asked about an extension but was told it wasn't possible. If we are allowed an extension I would like to resubmit so I can actually record my songs properly (I won't get a chance to record now till Friday as my holiday has been extended). If an extension isn't allowed then I will stick with what I have submitted.
3088 days 15 hours ago
01Gohan
I think we should also have an extension honestly.
3088 days 15 hours ago
01Gohan
I don't see how it's not possible.

We've been waiting for results that didn't come until two days ago. It's hard to work when we don't get what we're supposed to work on.
3088 days 12 hours ago
TolisKalkas
The only extension I will give is 24 hours with no penalty.

I know that you want to wait until getting the comments to record and focus on whatever the judges are commenting on, but that should be a small part of what goes into your recording (unless there is a MAJOR issue with your recordings, but at this point where we have reached a top 6 and everyone has produced performances that are great and have eliminated many of the major issues that existed early on in the season).

A major issue with this season has been getting results on time. Early on in the season it was my crazy schedule. Now it's having issues with getting judging results from people in a timely fashion. I've discussed with one more person to come in for the week and moving forward, so that should eliminate some of this issue. Kyle said there were a few people who mentioned to him about judging for next season and I asked him to see if they wanted to guest judge, but they haven't sent me a message about it.

I've tried to eliminate this lack of timely judging affecting the weekly schedule by giving you the themes as early as possible (this time a week ahead of time and almost 2 weeks for next week's recordings).

I will extend the deadline to 60(ish) hours from now (so mid-day wednesday edt) if and only if we can move forward without necessarily waiting for the feedback. I'm hoping that this won't be an issue of timely feedback anymore with the judges that have agreed to continue helping for the rest of the season.
3088 days 12 hours ago
01Gohan
Well I just posted my thing but I'll take it off until I can work on it then.
3088 days 12 hours ago
tdilindsayfan100
I really wanted to choose a song where I could show off a stronger yet sweet part of my voice. I think I did great keeping the shaky vocals to a minimum and I even went for the key change at the end and did awesome with it! I hope you enjoy this performance because I worked all week on it

Like I'm Gonna Lose You- https://soundcloud.com/nickhazistan/like-im-gonna-lose-you-acapella

I will post "Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow" by Frank Sinatra tomorrow :)
3088 days 12 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Also, for more timely responses from me, please send me a message on skype. I am not on the website 24/7 checking for responses. At least with skype, whenever I pop on the computer I can see the notification and respond in a more timely manner. I have my computer open (almost) 24/7 even if I'm afk, so I am more likely to see and respond faster to a message on skype that I am to a comment in a thread. I will post the response and question in the thread if it is relevant for everyone.
3088 days 12 hours ago
TolisKalkas
and with that, I'm closing out of the tab for a while and cleaning the apartment. I'll check back again before I go to bed.
3088 days 7 hours ago
Carlisle
Thank you Tolis :)
3087 days 22 hours ago
tdilindsayfan100
For my Big Band song I decided to do something Christmas themed to keep with the holiday spirit :D

I chose Let It Snow by Frank Sinatra and after I worked out the shaky vocals and more monotone parts I feel I was able to start off softer and then get loud and powerful the second verse while maintaining a smooth voice to fit the style. I'm very pleased with how both performances turned out and I think I just keep doing better and better.

https://soundcloud.com/nickhazistan/let-it-snow-frank-sinatracover

I'm very happy with how far I've come and I hope you enjoy my two performances!
3086 days 12 hours ago
01Gohan
This was a rough week for me to say the least.

My A Capella was Call me Maybe. However I did my own little spin on it.
https://soundcloud.com/trebleclef-445703977/call-me-maybe

For my Big Bands I did Michael Buble's Cry Me A River
http://www.4shared.com/music/MCalxGXSba/Cry_Me_A_River.html ?

This is where it got rough, haha. I expect to be criticized on this one. I had a lot of trouble finding a song for this theme and I settled on this. I hope this doesn't get me in the Bottom 2.
3086 days 7 hours ago
Carlisle
I was leaving it as late as I could because not only have I currently not got a laptop (so uploading/recording is difficult af) but I'm getting more and more sick as the week goes on so I thought I better just do my best :P

Acapella = Hold On We're Going Home by Drake with a bit of a twist inclusion of a verse from No Diggity - BLACKstreet

https://soundcloud.com/carlysles/hold-on-were-going-home-no-diggity

Big Band/Jazz = You Know I'm No Good - Amy Winehouse
https://soundcloud.com/carlysles/you-know-im-no-good

The endings a bit rough so i apologize for that ;o

GOOD LUCK GALS.
3085 days 18 hours ago
tdilindsayfan100
I thought we couldn't send in a song that was already done on live shows?

Besides that I think everyone had great performances! I think this will be a tough week to determine who is in the bottom 2 :s
3084 days 21 hours ago
americanidolfan
Any idea of when the results will be?
3084 days 17 hours ago
dudetb3
Ok I'm sorry but the reason you don't get your results in on time is because you treat your judges like crap. you curse them out at every opportunity you get, and you make it blatantly make it obvious how little you care about your singers and your judges, and you treat them like you own them.

As for the singers, I have proof of how little he cares about you guys. He even said two seasons ago that he couldn't care less about your personal interests (which is clear now).

Tolis I stood silent on this for weeks but I got a messages from not one, but two of your singers asking me to critique their recent TI performances because you have basically refused to post critiques.

And guess what guys, he has literally logged off of tengaged to avoid you guys. Tbh he probably has the judges remarks days before he posts them (that was the case with the first couple of weeks i know that for a fact). He just doesn't want to be bothered by you guys, heck he cares so little now, that he is to lazy to post who commented who, he just copies the critiques straight from his spreadsheet.

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!