This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Critique/Results Show #3

Topic » Critique/Results Show #3

5077 days 23 hours ago
krisbliss
Welcome to the third critique/results show.  Thank you so much everyone for participating and telling us why you chose the song you did!  It really helped us get to know you better.  I have decided that since Drench is banned that it will be too difficult to be in contact with him for the remainder of the show so I'm sorry to say he is going to be eliminated and receive 12th  :(. 

That means that, of the 11 of you who performed for this round, only one of you will be eliminated.

Here are the performances!

1. FrOntIeRpSyChIaTrIsT: http://www.zshare.net/audio/77937550ce66af71/
2. Anthony: http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/a85f83e8c
3. Runner: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/because-of-you-2386420.html
4. Emmaleigh: http://ksolo.myspace.com/actions/showSongProfile.do?rid=2287221&sid=26894&uid=13143955
5. Sparks: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/the-man-who-cant-be-2379805.html
6. Windows: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/eye-of-the-tiger-2392253.html
7. BlackWidow: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/time-of-your-life-2387645.html
8. RJ: http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchandlisten/play/b89fae25c
9. Anita: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/change-the-world-2399285.html
10.Tolis: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/thats-life-2401512.html
11.blogs: 

Judges, you can now make your comments whenever you're ready.  Thanks so much again everyone for your participation and good luck!
5077 days 23 hours ago
krisbliss
Oh, and just so everyone knows, there will be a bottom 3 for this round.
5077 days 22 hours ago
Runner430
yall i know i shouldn't spam on here but please just read this cause right now i am feeling like shit
http://www.tengaged.com/blog/Runner430/545428/yall-i-am-crying-irl
5077 days 6 hours ago
soccerguy0428
Front - I liked it! I think you have improved each week and this one was truly great to hear from you!

Anthony - I think you did a really nice job on this one. You have definitely improved in these 3 weeks too so great job.

Runner - There were definite high and low points in the song. I am glad to see you tried a new singer this round and overall I think it was a decent performance from you.

Emma - You impress me more and more each time! I think it was an awesome performance and you will easily score high this time. :) Loved the ending!

Sparks - Not really my favorite from you. I liked your other two performances much better last time :( It still was a decent performance tho!

Windows - Love this song so Im glad to see someone sang it! :D I really liked this performance! I think you did a great job at singing this round.

BlackWidow - Another great performance out of you! You will score high this round.

RJ - Another solid performance by you too. Nice job RJ you will easily be safe this round too! :)

Anita - I think it improved from last round but your first performance still was my favorite from you! Nice job tho, I liked it :D

Tolis - My favorite performance from you this round! It was a great song choice for you. Good job tolis!

Blogs - You have such a good voice! I think it was yet again another great performance from you! Great job!

1. Blogs
2. Emmaleigh
3. BlackWidow
4. Tolis
5. Windows
6. Front
7. RJ
8. Anita
9. Sparks
10. Anthony
11. Runner
5077 days 6 hours ago
hotdogsalad
Front:It was good i liked it i think your in the top 8 again :D

Anthony:I think it was a risky pick but i liked it tbh i thought it was a little better then last week and i really liked last week so i think your improving :D

Runner:I liked the fast parts i thought you did really good on those but the slow parts i think you need to work on but so much better then last week

Emma:I liked it alot :D Good Job :D nothing more i can say :P

Sparks:I think it was alright but i dont think it was great.

Windows:lol i dont see the inspirational part but i think you did good Nice drumming btw :P

Black:One of the only songs i like by green day and i really liked how you did it good job :D

RJ:Your song choices are not in my favortie music area but i like how you sing them. and i think you and blogs got the top two with emma close behind :P very nice high notes btw :D

Antia:I think that song would be hard for most people and i think you sang it good you got music talent but you like those classics and slow songs and im pretty sure you all know i dont like them but kindy the same with RJ you sing them pretty good :D

Tolis:Very good best of the show by you :D great job top 5 :D you get into the songs more then anyone here and i think you can easliy get into the top 5.

Blog:i love your voice in the most non gay way i can put it xD i like any song you do last week you did osher and i dont like him but i loved your vesion and now i think halo was like last week i dont like the song but i like it when you do it :D

Rankings soon.
5077 days 6 hours ago
hotdogsalad
Rankings for Week 3:
1.Blogs
2.RJ
3.Emma
4.Tolis
5.Black
6.Windows
7.Front
8.Anthony
9.Anita
10.Runner
11.Sparks

Very hard week to rank no one did bad everyone did alright you can see soccer said anthony is improving and you got 10th it's very hard to rank and it's going to get harder every week :(
5077 days 5 hours ago
anthony2011class
it looks like bottom three for me </3.
5077 days 3 hours ago
Aquamarine
Er, Im not a judge or nuthin, But I thought Blogs did the best this week ^.^
5077 days ago
BengalBoy
Er, Im not a judge or nuthin, But I thought Frontier did the best this week ^.^
5077 days ago
BioDork
Anthony: I feel this was your best performance, but I feel you still need to step it up! There are some great performers here, I don't don't think you are at the same level as them

FrOntIeRpSyChIaTrIsT: I think the guitar over  powered your voice. With the guitar, you sounded great, but I don't think you would sound as great with the guitar.

Runner: I'm happy you choose this song! I feel this was your best performance and you are improving a lot. But, you still have a lot of work to catch up to some of the competition.

Emily: You obviously have a very pretty singing voice, but there was ONE big flaw in your performance I noticed. It felt too original, and after listening to it a good 3-4 times, I felt you had a lot of chances to make it your own, and you didn't take that chance. But overall, you sang it well!

Sparks: Not terrible, but there were a couple spots there were off. Next time, try to find some background music! It hides a lot sometimes!

Shatter: Another performance where I felt you improved, and did your best! I do feel it was your best round, and I wish you the best of luck!

BlackWidow: Great Job!!! There were a couple words where you changed the tone a bit, like when you said “Right” and I thought that was amazing. Making any part your own, makes it sooo much better! Great choice of song, and I think this was my favorite so far.

Anita: Your voice is nice, but I don't wanna feel like a dick saying that. But it was a bit boring. Your voice seems to be the same every week, and I want you to spice it up next round! Don't do something as soft maybe? Good luck with what you do!

Tolis: MUCH better than your previous performances! I'm glad you moved out of what you were originally doing, and improved! Great job, and jeep it up!

Blogs: Great, as usual! I didn't expect anything different. But, you stumbled on the words on one part. It's so hard to criticize you. You do so well singing, so you gotta watch out for the little mistakes like forgetting words, or stumbling!

RJ: I thought that was amazing honestly. I question why soccer honestly has you at 7, because I felt you were in the top 3 easily. Keep up the great work!

RANKING

Black
Blogs
RJ
Emily
Tolis
Front
Anita
Sparks
Anthony
Runner
Shatter
5076 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
... i don't have a jeep... but i'll keep it up :P <3 you thnx for the critiques
5076 days 23 hours ago
krisbliss
Sorry my comments are late this time.

Front:  I thought this was a decent performance.  However, at times, it felt like it dragged out a bit too much.  I would love to see you do something totally different that can show off the more fun side of your voice.  I also agree with Bio that the guitar may have overpowered your voice just a bit. 

Anthony: You performed this song beautifully.  Like I've said before, you can really bring out the emotion in a song well.  I thought we could hear the good quality of your voice better in this song than in some of your previous performances, and I enjoyed it a lot.  Again, I would just say keep challenging yourself and step out of your comfort zone.

Runner:  I was glad that you chose something other than Lady Gaga for this round.   This song is kind of a tough one to sing unless you can really blow it away since it's so well known.  Vocally, it wasn't the best, but I do think it was better than your last performance.

Emmaleigh:  I thought you sounded really nice in this song for the most part.  However, I would say that the choice seemed to be a bit too "safe" for my taste.    I would just say to try to stretch yourself more in the upcoming rounds, and don't become complacent. 

Sparks: I would say this is an okay performance.  There were parts where I felt you were off a bit, and  I think your last couple performances have been better.  I really wish we could have heard the music with the song because I think it would have been better.  Next time you record with karaokeplay, make sure you have the playback turned on your speakers so we can hear the background music.  If you stay, I would be interested to see what you pick to sing for next round. 

Windows:  This was MUCH MUCH better than last round!  I was really impressed with your singing, and I think you delivered this song exceptionally well.  You should definitely keep going in this direction in future rounds. 

Black:  You did a real nice job with this song.  I love how you made it your own and didn't just sing it exactly the same as the original.  I would just say to keep working on staying in synch  with the music the whole way through the songs in the next few rounds.  Otherwise, you did very well.

RJ:  This was a superb performance.  I love the way you sang the part, "One song, Glory".. it was so good, and every time you said, "glory," it really sounded great, and the whole song flowed really nicely.  You hit the high nights well, and I loved that the background music didn't drown out your voice. I think this was much better than your last performance, and it was my favorite of the round.

Anita:  There's no question your voice is sensational.  This wasn't one of my favorite performances from you, however.  I felt like there were parts where you were a bit off, and I agree with Bio that it would be awesome to see you do something a bit "harder" for next round.

Tolis:  This was a really great performance for you. I feel like this is where you probably feel the most comfortable in singing songs of this genre.  I also really love the tone of your voice.  It's very nice to listen to, and I thought you could really hear that in this performance. 

blogs:  There's no questioning your talent because you have so much of it.  If I would give a criticism of you it would be that I feel like you haven't gone out of your comfort zone yet.  It seems like a lot of your performance can start to sound the same, and I would encourage you to keep on pushing yourself to try different things because I know you can do even more.
Rankings:
1. RJ
2. blogs
3. Tolis
4. Black
5. Emmaleigh
6. Anthony
7. Front
8. Anita
9. Windows
10.Sparks
11.Runner
5076 days 23 hours ago
krisbliss
With that, we have all of the rankings and can reveal the bottom three.  GL everyone!  This round was extremely close.

Combined judges rankings:

1.blogs -6
2.RJ/Black - 13
3.RJ/Black - 13
4.Emily - 14
5.Tolis - 16
6.Front - 26
7.Windows - 31
8.Anita - 32
9.Anthony - 33
10.Sparks - 38
11.Runner - 42

That means that Anthony, Sparks, and Runner are our bottom 3 for this round.  I will be posting the elimination poll very shortly.  GL to the three of you.  If you see any errors in the calculations, please let me know.
5076 days 22 hours ago
Runner430
um I see a error.  Um I should have 24 points not 42 lol
5076 days 22 hours ago
anthony2011class
Hopefully I'll stick around, if I am to expect me to go outve my comfort Zone. I'm here to learn. It sucks when you don't know what will fit your voice perfectly and that's what im trying to do
5076 days 21 hours ago
soccerguy0428
I just calculated all of the scores and I got the exact same list as kris so she is correct! :D

Runner, you got 2 11s and 2 10s so your score is 42 this round.

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!