This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Critique/Results Show #4: One Hit Wonders

Topic » Critique/Results Show #4: One..

5063 days 15 hours ago
krisbliss
Welcome to the fourth critique/results show!  I want to thank both Wonderland and Oswald19 for mentoring for this round.  You both were helpful to the contestants, and I really appreciate your participation in this season.
From this point on, there will be a bottom three, and one person will be eliminated in each round.

I wish you all the best.  It's getting harder and harder each round to judge since all of you have been doing so well. 

Here are all the performances for this round:

1. Windows: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/the-middle-2426342.html
2. Runner: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/ocean-avenue-2424175.html
3. Anthony: http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/c0723fc6c
4. RJ: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/out-of-reach-2423126.html
5. Tolis: http://lnk.ms/BV4Rv
6. Black: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/everybody-knows-2431826.html
7. Emmaleigh: http://ksolo.myspace.com/actions/showSongProfile.do?rid=2295986&sid=28721&uid=13143955
8. Anita: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/i-think-were-alone-now-2434904.html
9. blogs: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/red-2435178.html
10.Front: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/africa-2406376.html

Judges, you can now make your comments/rankings when you're ready.  GL everyone!
5062 days 23 hours ago
Runner430
YALL MY version won't work no more.  Like even if I re do it it won't work and I am so pissed.  I will try to find a new song if I can but wow I can't believe this
5062 days 19 hours ago
hotdogsalad
Windows:I thought it was okay not my favorite from you but you didnt do bad.

Runner:umm theres an error for me so im sorry but i have to put you last :/ but if you do get a song before the ending of the round i will re do my rankings.

Anthony:i think you did really good i liked you sang it good job :D

RJ:Did great again good job :D

Tolis:made me laugh but i liked it.

Black:Good job you have suprised me i had my 5 picked that would prob. make the 5th week but i think you could make it.

Emma:did good again i just love your voice kindy like RJ and blogs

Anita:My favorite from you :D great job.

Blog:Good job not my favorite but i liked it.

Front:i wouldve done hold the line by them i think you would have done better but you did good same with windows wasnt your best but it wasnt bad.

Rankings soon.
5062 days 19 hours ago
hotdogsalad
Rankings for Week 4
1.RJ
2.Emma
3.Blogs
4.Black
5.Anita
6.Tolis
7.Anthony
8.Front
9.Windows
10.Runner
5062 days 19 hours ago
Runner430
I got a song but idk if it was a one hit wondr
5062 days 19 hours ago
Runner430
Ok here is mine after my old one got messed up.  This wasn't on the One Hit  Wonder list, but this song is a poplular song and that is the only song she sang and a one hit wonder is that a song gets popular, but in the future the others won't like it won't live up to that one.  So unless Igot it wrong please tell me
http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/i-dont-think-about-it-2445274.html
5062 days 15 hours ago
blogs
*me and emily do a duet to open the show *
5062 days 8 hours ago
krisbliss
Sorry my comments are so late.  I was away from the computer all day.

Windows:  I do think this is one of your best performances so far.  I feel like you were able to show off your vocals well.  I also enjoyed your enthusiasm in the song, and I would encourage you to keep what you've been doing the past 2 rounds up because you are improving.  Even though I feel like you have been improving, I'm afraid it might not show up in the ranking just because of the high level of competition, but you should know that we do see your individual improvement.

Runner:  Thank you for recording another song.  I wasn't blown away with this performance.  I feel like you would have done better if you had background music to go along with it.  Without background music, I felt like some of your imperfections were more obvious.   

Anthony:  You really did take a risk with this song, and I personally do think it paid off.  Your voice sounded really cool to me in this song. I loved the verse, and I think you did a great job with your "r's" in the song.  I really enjoyed it.

RJ:  While I think this performance was pretty good, I don't think it was one of your bests.  I felt like the verses seemed a tad boring at parts, and it was hard to pay attention all the way through the song.  I still feel like you have an amazing voice but don't be afraid to pick a song that would be unexpected and would really let us see your "fun" side.

Tolis:  I think this was hands down your BEST performance on the show so far.  You really put everything you had into it.  I loved how you were able to keep up with the music well and still keep the tune/melody.  It had a great balance between showing your vocals and your fun side.  I would just say that sometimes when you would try to be "louder" the sound kind of vibrated, and that could be a little unpleasant.  I think that was probably your mic, but that's just something you'll want to watch out for in the future.

Black:  This was definitely a good performance.  Your voice has a "softness" to it which is really nice to hear.  The only problem with that is that it can get lost in the crowd.  However, there's no question that you have some extreme talent.  I would just encourage you, like RJ, to pick something more unexpected next round.

Emmaleigh:  This was a beautiful performance.  I think you captured the meaning of the song well and delivered the emotion of it great.  For some reason, I had a little bit of a hard time hearing your voice over the music, but I did like the softness to it, and I thought you handled the chorus of the song exceptional well.  Thanks for listening and picking a song that wasn't as safe as you did last round.

Anita:  I do think this was an improvement from your last performance.  I really enjoyed the chorus, and I could tell you did enjoy performing this song.  I thought there was something about the verses that seemed a little bit off when you would go higher, but overall, I enjoyed it, and I would be interested to see what you would pick for next round.

blogs:  First of all, thank you for telling us something we'd be surprised to learn about you.  I'm so glad that you were able to do something different singing wise than you had been.  I thought this was a really nice performance.  Your vocals were really good, and I like the richness of your voice.  I loved the very last "red" of the song.  You hit that spot on!  I can't wait to see you do a song with more of an edge.  I think you could blow us away with a song that is less "soft," but well done this round. 

To be continued in next post.
5062 days 8 hours ago
krisbliss
Front:  For me, this was one of your best performances so far.  I really liked the melody of the song, and you performed it well.  There were parts that you were a tad off, but you made up for it in other areas of the song, and I thought you did a nice job. I'm just afraid that your improvement may not show up in the rankings because I feel like just about everyone has stepped up this round too.

Rankings: (this were really hard this round)
1.Emmaleigh
2.Tolis
3.blogs
4.Black
5.Anthony
6.RJ
7.Anita
8.Front
9.Windows
10.Runner
5062 days 7 hours ago
FrOntIeRpSyChIaTrIsT
Thanks guys, I actually didn't like my entry much but I had to make do. Hopefully I can survive though, 80s week is the one I was looking most forward to ;p
5062 days 7 hours ago
Runner430
guess me in bottom 3 again
5062 days 2 hours ago
soccerguy0428
Windows - I loved the song choice and I think that your performance was decent! I liked your last performance better last round but I think this was still alright.

Runner - I think you have improved this round but I still didn't think this performance was great. Your emotion is lacking which is key in a song...:/

Anthony - The song choice made me laugh lol! I think you did a great job, definite improvement and the emotion was there which is what I really loved to see from you!

RJ - This was the first time that I was really impressed by you! I thought this was for sure the best performance you have given in this game and you will score very high this round. :D

Tolis - You too have gotten better and better each round! I loved hearing this song from you, definitely a great song choice for you.

Black - Not my favorite performance from you but I still think you did a decent job this round and I could sense the emotion with you which should help your score :)

Emmaleigh - You still do a great job every round! It wasnt my favorite performance from you this round but was still definitely good to keep you out of the bottom 3 :)

Anita - Im glad you are starting to get back on track! :D I thought for a couple rounds that you were going a bit downhill but you definitely just came back with that performance. Nice job!

Blogs - Your voice is just so awesome and you continue to amaze me with each of your performances. Another outstanding performance! :D

Front - Great performance front! I liked the emotion in your voice and I loved how pure your voice was. Nice job!

1. RJ
2. Blogs
3. Tolis
4. Emmaleigh
5. Anita
6. Black
7. Anthony
8. Front
9. Windows
10. Runner

Sorry this was really tough for me to rank this round! GL guys! Its going to keep getting harder and harder each round :/
5062 days ago
BioDork
Windows: At this point in the game, it's hard to tell you if you are good or bad, because it's clear who the TOP dogs in this competition are. But I can tell you from round one, and now, you have been improving a lot. Keep it up!

Runner: I don't think you tried this round. Terrible song choice, and without the music, it made it clear that your singing isn't that great. Sorry Runner :(

Anthony: LOL I actually liked this performance! Very interesting choice of song. Believe it or not, I feel this was your best song so far! I loved it soooo much actually!

RJ: Another top performance. You have a LOT of talent. Good song choice, and great job RJ! You are going to make it very far in this competition and it's obvious you deserve it.

Tolis: It was alright, I think last round was your best still. But you are improving from your first couple shows.

BlackWidow: You have done better before, but I still liked it. Love your voice, and you are another one of the top performances. I don't know if clapping was the best idea though!

Emily: I know it was just part of the song, but the 30 second intro was getting annoying. It's obvious you have a good voice, but I want to hear more of your voice, and less music. The music was really loud and it honestly made it hard to hear you. But great job, but you really gotta either turn your voice up, or the music down.

Anita: Loved the song, but I think you sang it toooo sweet! I don't know if you have the voice to this song. Your voice is too soft for this,  but it was very good, and I liked it.

Blogs: You must have felt uncomfortable without your guitar. There were parts of this song, that I loved! And you are another one who is going to do amazing in this competition, and really hard to beat.

Front: I don't think this was as good as your other songs. It seemed off a bit. I've heard you nail some notes on other song, and I think you need to bring that back!!!

RJ
Blogs
BlackWidow
Emily
Anita
Anthony
Tolis
Front
Windows
Runner
5061 days 19 hours ago
anthony2011class
omg the time i goof off i get my highest ranks from the judges LOL. I gotta do this more often xD
5061 days 13 hours ago
Runner430
Well BioDork if I would of known that my song I choosed before didn't work I could of had more time to find a better song
5061 days 13 hours ago
krisbliss
Here are the combined rankings:

9 RJ
10 Blogs
11 Emmaleigh
17 BW
18 Me
22 Anita
25 Anthony
32 Frontier
36 Shattering
40 Runner

That means that Front, Windows, and Runner are the bottom 3 for this round.  I will  be posting the elimination poll momentarily.

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!