This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Critique/Results Show #6: Country Week

Topic » Critique/Results Show #6:..

5052 days 22 hours ago
krisbliss
Welcome to the sixth critique/results show.  Once again, there will be a bottom 3 this round and one of you will sadly be eliminated.

Here are the performances for this round:

FrOntIeRpSyChIaTrIsT: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/that-dont-impress-me-2511845.html
Anthony: http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/b46fff2b8
Emmaleigh: http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/b9b264558
RJ: http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchandlisten/play/b78b7dd68
blogs: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/songbird-2514279.html
Shattering: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/king-of-the-road-2519549.html
BlackWidow: http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchandlisten/play/ad72c11a0
Tolis: http://www.karaokeplay.com/recordings/temporary-home-2538467.html

Judges, you may now make your comments/rankings whenever you are ready.  GL everyone!
5052 days 10 hours ago
BioDork
Frontier: I don't think country is your specialty (which I'm sure you agree with me). What was with the random phrases in the song? That like had nothing to do with the song?

Anthony: Honestly, I think you can manage a country song and do well in it. You got the deep voice for it, and I actually thought you did alright this week.  Honestly, one of my favorites from you. Great job Anthony. Great choice of song, and you have a very good country voice.

Emily: I LOVE Carrie Underwood, and great choice of song for you. But if I want to be honest, this was not one of my favorite performances from you. It seemed really off for some reason. Where it got to some loud notes, it seemed like you were trying really hard, and it didn't come out right.

RJ: Wouldn't expect anything less from you. Another great performance. It got fast at a lot of parts, and you kept up with it the entire way. Very impressive!

Blogs: Compared to what I've seem from you. I don't think this song suits you enough. Like, I felt from the first couple words, it was going to be a bit off. Seemed WAY too slow for you, and I don't think that's your strong point.

ShatteringWindows: Not gonna lie, but this was kind of boring. Reminded me of some fruity little childcare's tv show, where a bunch of little characters in costumes just dancing in costumes back and forth. LOL I know that was a terrible description of what I thought, but wasn't very amazing.

Anderson:  Amazing job Anderson! This was my favorite performance from you so far. Al tough, I didn't really like the song. Meaning, it isn't a song I'd stick on my iPod, because it was repetitive and I hate songs that repeat themselves, but the way you sang it was great!

Tolis: If I was giving a prize for most improved, you would get it. The first couple of songs you sang, were WAY off and I was like, "Why is he in this competition". But now, listening, I think you are doing a great job. I'm glad you are showing the better side of your voice. I'm not ranking you in the bottom 3, because I felt you deserve the bottom 3, but so many people did really good this time around

BlackWidow
RJ
Anthony
Blogs
Emily
Tolis
Frontier
ShatteringWindows
5052 days 9 hours ago
FrOntIeRpSyChIaTrIsT
the phrases are part of the song if you've ever heard it before, i just changed maybe 1 or 2 words, which is not uncommon when covering songs

and no, i don't agree lol i thought this was my best performance yet except maybe Muse from week 2 (i think)
5052 days 7 hours ago
shatteringwindows
The change of lyrics in Dav's song was intentional, and it was funny.

I agree that this wasn't MY best performance, but personally, I fink Dav did a ded great job (Y) I think that he doesn't deserve to be in anyone's bottom 3 this round at all.
5051 days 21 hours ago
krisbliss
Sorry my comments are a little later this time.  Been a real busy day for me.

Front:  This was actually my favorite performance from you so far.  I thought you carried the melody really well, and the song seemed to fit your voice.  This was definitely an improvement from your last performance in my opinion.  I like how you changed the lyrics up a bit, and I enjoyed your originality.

Anthony: This was a HUGE improvement from your last performance!  I loved the twang you put into your voice, and I think this was actually one of your best performances so far as well.  It would be awesome if you could keep doing stuff like this again in the future because I think it really suits you.

Emmaleigh:  It's SO hard to sing Carrie songs since she owns them so much.  I don't think this was a bad performance, but I don't think it was your best either.  What I did appreciate is that you did listen to previous critiques and made your voice sound different, and I really did like that.  There were just sometimes that I felt like the words sounded a little too "choppy," and like something was a bit off.

RJ:  I'm so glad that you did do something fast this round, and this song is such a fun one.  I love your voice, but there were times in this song that it almost sounded too high for my taste for this song (especially in the chorus).  However, I enjoyed how much fun you seemed to have with it, and I'm glad that you were able to show us that you can do something different as well.

blogs:  I agree with Bio that I don't think this was your best performance.  I think your voice sounded good, but it did seem awfully slow.  I felt like it was a bit too boring, and I know that's not you at all.  I know you can do better!

Shattering: Compared to your last performance, I don't think this was as good.  It didn't seem like you had the swagger/deepness in your voice to pull off this song (even though I know you do have it in you).  It just never seemed liked you got into it enough, but I always look forward to listening to you each round, and I'm still impressed with you overall.

BlackWidow:  I know there is some controversy over whether or not this song is country or not.  Technically, it probably isn't , but I know you did say it was listed as a top country song so I'm not 100% sure.  I think there were so many other songs that you could have picked that might have been truer to the theme.  Always try to do that more in the future.  Having said that, I do think you sang this song well.    It wasn't the most exciting performance, but I feel like you did hit the notes well, and I enjoyed hearing you sing it.

Tolis:  Again, Carrie is really hard to sing.  However, I feel like you really did pull this song off well .  This was MUCH better than last round.  You showed a lot more emotion, and I think country is a good genre for you.  The first verse of this song was amazing.  I also thought that your volume was a lot better this time than last.  I would just say to keep working on trying to get the whole song to be as amazing as the beginning and make sure you can keep the vocals as consistent throughout the song as you can.

Rankings:
1.Anthony
2.Front
3.RJ
4.Black
5.Tolis
6.blogs
7.Emily
8.Shattering
5051 days 19 hours ago
hotdogsalad
Front:I thought overall it was good, but i think you can do alot better. i think you did good on those phrases i think you wanted to do those and you were geting into it as it went on.

Anthony:I think slow songs are your best i ranked you in top 8 when you did "slow songs" but when you went faster i didnt liek it and it couldve been the braces but i loved this song along with kris and bio and im pretty sure your not in the bottem three this week good job :D i hate braces too i got them 3 months ago >.<

Emma:I agree with kris it's hard to sing carrie and i think you stumbled a little with her song not saying i hated it but compared to your other songs this dosent go up with them. High notes werent good.

RJ:I thought country and rock week you wouldnt do to good and this week you did better then expected and i loved your voice in this one i still think pop is your best type of music. Good luck in rock week :P

Blogs:it wont work for me im sorry >.< and i dont think it's fair to put you anything but 8th since i didnt listen to it im sorry :(

Windows:weird song dont think you shouldve went with it you just didnt do good this week i think if you pass this week gotta go all out next week good luck

Black:I didnt like it that much it isnt country and it's country week and i didnt like it seemed like it was low repeting song that didnt change and your voice got annoying after the first minute.

Tolis:I thought this was going to be your week and it was i think you did really good it is hard to sing carrie and you werent perfect but you did in my mind the best i just liked it overall

Rankings:
1.Tolis
2.RJ
3.Anthony
4.Front
5.Emma
6.Windows
7.Black
8.Blogs
5051 days 17 hours ago
blogs
LOLOL
5051 days 17 hours ago
blogs
are you sure you cant hear it or just wanted a nice way to put me 8th LOL
i dont mind i know its shite
5051 days 16 hours ago
Emmaleigh
oooh and the rankings drastically shift this round.... like the week J. Hud went home!
5051 days 14 hours ago
shatteringwindows
Good luck everyone!

Shift in rankings, you said it, Emily! The rankings are ded different this round, topsy turvy lyke.

and ooh shit, I think am going to be wiv Emily and Blogs in the bottom based on the scores. lol gonna b fighting abiva losing battle, and I ded like em both :(
5051 days 12 hours ago
BlackWidow
annoying?? fuck you hotdog...you clearly have no taste in music if you put certain people ahead of mine this round..just saying
5051 days 12 hours ago
RitaBlankets
I am QUITE surprised at the rankings this round.
5051 days 12 hours ago
anthony2011class
*sits down on a seat like jasmine trias*
5051 days 12 hours ago
blogs
hey rita how did get here????? did you sneak past security :O
5051 days 12 hours ago
blogs
im looking forward to the top 2 theme, cant we have different genre for a theme instead of songs from the year we were born.... you should see the music that came out when i was born - AWFUL!!!!!!
5051 days 12 hours ago
anthony2011class
The year i was born LOL 1993 </3 i'm in the same boat

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!