This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TI12: The Top 8: Behind-the-scenes

Topic » TI12: The Top 8:..

3446 days 15 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Alrighty so this is the last week where you will only need to submit one recording. So lets see how INSPIRED you are to make it to the top 7!

After the judges have ranked, the two lowest ranked contestants will be facing the public in a poll to see which of you will be the first casualty of the week. After all is said and done, only 7 of you will remain.

The theme this round is "Songs that Inspire." You must chose a song that holds a significant place in your heart. Along with your song, you should include some information as to why you find the song inspiring!

The deadline to post your piece in THIS THREAD is SUNDAY, November 23rd at 11:59PM EST. You are the contestant so YOU will be posting YOUR song in this thread, NOT your mentor. If you are banned, you can skype it to me and I will post it for you. Any songs posted by your mentor will not be counted.
3446 days 15 hours ago
krrais
omg loves this theme <333 i hope no one steals my song !!!
3446 days 15 hours ago
TolisKalkas
I should mention this theme was tied for the most voted for in the Your Choice poll.
3446 days 15 hours ago
dudetb3
just making sure, we can now use songs that have been sung
3446 days 15 hours ago
TolisKalkas
nope
3446 days 15 hours ago
dudetb3
ughhhh
3446 days 9 hours ago
Mat123
Oh this theme is good!!!
3446 days ago
cancanpiano
LOL I remember 2 years ago in English class we had to choose a song with an inspiring message and write an essay on why it was inspiring. I wrote about "Somebody That I Used to Know". LOL I'll have fun watching this group perform.
3442 days 7 hours ago
americanidolfan
Ah i'm so frustrated! Decided on my song as soon as theme was given and did a very rough version on Tuesday evening. Since then I have been slowly losing my voice and I have had no voice for the last two days (don't even think I am going to work tomorrow as I am a teacher and a teacher without a voice is useless!)
I really hope by a miracle it comes back by this eve, if not i'll have to upload my rough version and hope for the best!
3442 days 5 hours ago
americanidolfan
Here you go. Bill Withers - Use Me

https://soundcloud.com/americanidolfan123/use-me

This song is a huge inspiration to me as it opened my eyes to a brand new style of music which I now love and also it was my final performance song in my music degree where I got an outstanding grade and this inspired me to continue singing and performing and gave me a confidence boost.
3442 days 2 hours ago
Mat123
Okay....

So my song choice is "Strong" by London Grammar this week. I'll explain a bit why i chose this...

In 2007, my step father was in a car crash and broke his neck so he couldn't really do much for himself, so me and my mum had to take care of him. I wasn't in school much so missed out on a lot and my grades kinda fell a lot and all that. I always kinda thought my mum was this really strong woman and then I saw her kinda break down through a number of years and then I had to become the strong one which was really weird for me. I went back to school properly when I turned about 15 and started getting bullied really badly and didn't really make any friends so things just got a lot worse for me. I shut myself off from everyone and just didn't really make an effort anymore. In 2012 it got really bad where I would get beat up, bullied and all the rest on pretty much a daily basis and in the summer of 2012 I tried doing something that i regret ever trying. Thankfully, it didn't work, and I got a lot better within the next year. When this song came out it felt like it was directed completely at me and my family and nobody else. I listened to it on repeat for so long and just connected with it so much and thought nobody else in the world would understand the song. So, yeah, for me it sums up that people may seem okay and strong, but on the inside their really breaking apart. It inspired me to actually make more of an effort with people, try harder and to realise that its ok to not be strong.

So heres me singing "Strong' by London Grammar:

https://soundcloud.com/martyn-macpherson/strong

Apologies for the vocals towards the end, I got a little too emotional!
3441 days 23 hours ago
dragotistic
https://soundcloud.com/dancolinjames/stand_by_me

I chose "Stand by Me" by Ben E. King this week.

When I was younger, I was a nerd, I didn't look like everyone else, I had shaggy hair, rimmed glasses, and I didn't have fancy clothes or anything that made me fit in well with the other kids. And like kids do, I was bullied because of it. I would get backed into a corner, and punched until the teacher decided to do something, and no one ever helped me. I told my dad what was happening, and he sat me down and sang me the chorus of this song and told me to find a group of friends that would do that same thing. It made such an impact on me, that when I was getting teased or beaten up on, I would hum this song to myself, or play it in my head, and it helped me think positively throughout this horrific experience. This song inspired me to have such good friends, and to always think optimistically. I have such a strong relationship with my dad because of this song, and I know that everything gets better because of this song.
3441 days 22 hours ago
Tundra
https://soundcloud.com/tundratz/arms-of-an-angel-cover

I chose Arms of An Angel by Sarah McLachlan and here's why....

I spent the majority of my life in Bronx, New York. The Bronx is not an ideal place to live.. I joined my gang at 8. I had to cope with friends, strangers and family dying, but I had no time to mourn. I'd simply move on like it didn't affect me. Death became a part of my life. Eventually, my immediate family moved away from there and eventually I heard this song. Not being able to cry or be a child for years affected me in so many ways. Once I heard this song I immediately cried for the first time in what seemed like forever. This song allowed me to mourn for my cousins, best friends, and innocent people that had to pay such a sacrifice. This song inspires me to stand up to violence and help those stuck. Nobody wants to be involved in such immorality, but when you are stuck you simply can't get out. I hope you feel something with this song, for it has helped me immensely.
3441 days 18 hours ago
dragotistic
wow slow day amirite
3441 days 17 hours ago
krrais
I chose "Carry On" by Fun. this week

https://soundcloud.com/krrais/carryon3

While last week i ran out of songs id like to sing this week i got sooo many songs i wanted to sing

So 2 years ago i had to cope with OCD and social anxiety, i decided to skipped classes in uni, slept all day and cried because of how unfair life was, and songs were the ones i kept listening to, while this is not the song i listened to the most since the other songs i listened to were sad songs about how unfair life was, about the dream i couldnt reach, about how i was not belong in the place, this is the song that made me carry on, this has a deep meaning for me because its not just a song about waking up when we are fall and alone but also a song of how we are living the life, im not good at arranging words so i guess thats the story behind this song, hope you like this and keep carry on :)
3441 days 17 hours ago
krrais
Oh and this is my best friend's favourite song, we also adore Fun., we used to sing this all the time in karaoke, thats the good memories :P

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!