This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Arena 6

Topic » Arena 6

2654 days 18 hours ago
Skyler_TW
I am ready
2654 days 17 hours ago
RShowFreak
iYBF?
2654 days 17 hours ago
iYBF
I'm ready.
2654 days 17 hours ago
RShowFreak
Tonight you will compete in the Strategy based Arena.

It is a CLASSIC RSF Challenge.

Tonight you are playing Quoridor.

Quoridor is played on a game board of 81 square spaces (9x9). Each player is represented by a pawn which begins at the center space of one edge of the board. The objective for today is to be one of the first three players to move their pawn to any space on the opposite side of the gameboard from which it begins.

The distinguishing characteristic of Quoridor is its twenty walls. Walls are flat two-space-wide pieces which can be placed in the groove that runs between the spaces. Walls block the path of all pawns, which must go around them. The walls are divided equally among the players at the start of the game, and once placed, cannot be moved or removed. Thus, each player will have 5 walls.

On a turn, a player may either:

1. Move their pawn
2. Place a wall if they have any left

Pawns can be moved to an adjacent space (left, right, forward, backward) (not diagonally), or, if adjacent to another pawn, jump over that pawn. If an adjacent pawn has a third pawn or a wall on the other side of it, the player may move to any space that is immediately adjacent to other adjacent pawns.

Walls can be placed directly between two spaces, in any groove not already occupied by a wall. However, a wall may not be placed which cuts off the only remaining path of any pawn to the side of the board it must reach.  So when placing a wall say which 4 spaces the wall touches so for example

Places wall between A2/B2, A3/B3

It is done so the two spaces on one side of the wall are together (A2/B2) and the comma represents the wall separating both sets of squares.

Walls cannot be placed in which they intersect other walls.

Link for more info and VISUALS on the game board, etc.:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quoridor

When an individual crosses the board they finish and are out of the challenge and any walls they have not used are also out of the game.

The first pair of teammates to finish will re-enter the game and rejoin their team.  The remaining pair will be eliminated.

Any questions?
2654 days 17 hours ago
Ethan000
Nope
2654 days 17 hours ago
RShowFreak
BOARD:

X       A       B       C       D       E       F       G       H       I

1       O       O       O       O       X      O       O       O       O

2       O       O       O       O       O      O       O       O       O

3       O       O       O       O       O      O       O       O       O

4       O       O       O       O       O      O       O       O       O

5       M       O       O       O       O      O       O       O       T

6       O       O       O       O       O      O       O       O       O

7       O       O       O       O       O      O       O       O       O

8       O       O       O       O       O      O       O       O       O

9       O       O       O       O       S      O       O       O       O

X=iYBF
S=Skyler_TW
T=Ethan000
M=mysterygame2

O=Open Space
|=Wall
-- = Wall
2654 days 17 hours ago
RShowFreak
Quick Video Tutorial on Quoridor:

2654 days 17 hours ago
RShowFreak
NOTE: When moving spaces, if another player is in your way you are allowed to JUMP that player (partner or not) and move to any space that is adjacent to that piece in the way.
2654 days 17 hours ago
RShowFreak
The order of turns will go clockwise so it will be:

iYBF
Ethan000
Skyler_TW
mysterygame2

NOTE: Each player will have to POST THEIR MOVE HERE PUBLICLY

If you end up taking too long, then I will skip your turn.  The length of "too long" will be determined by me and how long we have waited for you to take your turn (roughly 5 minutes is likely)

When all 4 are ready to play post

READY

we will then begin.
2654 days 17 hours ago
mysterygame2
READY
2654 days 17 hours ago
Ethan000
READY
2654 days 17 hours ago
RShowFreak
When you post a move, if moving just post the space you are moving to

If placing a wall, then state you are placing a wall and where it is in the formation I stated in the rules.
2654 days 17 hours ago
iYBF
READY
2654 days 17 hours ago
Skyler_TW
READY
2654 days 17 hours ago
Gaiaphagee
good luck all of you

open group

RSF Season 52: War of the Worlds

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!