This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Reckoning 8

Topic » Reckoning 8

2358 days 2 hours ago
RShowFreak
This next Reckoning will be Semi LIVE and will occur sometime TOMORROW but it will require the use of both partners.

So discuss with your partner and agree on a time to play and let me know so I know when to try and be online because to play You will BOTH need to be on as well as myself.

Multiple teams may play at once but will be unaware.  The rules of the Reckoning will only be revealed shortly before you play as once I send you the rules you MUST PLAY THEN.

You will be able to play starting later tonight at a time I let you know and will have to at least start by TOMORROW (Monday).  A deadline for tomorrow will be posted later tonight.

Good luck.
2358 days 2 hours ago
ticofernandez
Lmao i thought it would be tuesday when im off but of course not
2358 days 1 hour ago
RShowFreak
Why? Even if it was LIVE it woulda been tomorrow anyways as that's the next day after the Pit
2358 days 1 hour ago
semajdude
Ethan id like to go out tomorrow night so skype me since i am ur partner sadly
2358 days 1 hour ago
Ethan000
LOL k
2357 days 22 hours ago
RShowFreak
This Reckoning is now available to be played.

REMEMBER, for it to be played BOTH MEMBERS of a pair must participate fully.

For scheduling, besides both of you being online I also must be online.  Now while there may be times I am not on, I will do my best to make myself fully available as much as I can.

You will have until TOMORROW (Early Tuesday) at 3 am est (which is 26 hours, 30 minutes from now) to AT LEAST START the Reckoning.  I will reveal the results at the Deadline and the Pit Decision will be due later that day (Tuesday).

If when the deadline hits you are still playing then you will be to finish.  However, this only applies if you are actively trying and currently playing.  If you hit the deadline having not finished and choose to take a break or stop for awhile that is not allowed and you will be disqualified auto dropping you to Last Place.  If you are actively trying to finish and the deadline passes I will allow you to continue in order to at least finish.

When scheduling, you can arrange a time to play and I will do my best to show up. 

Your warning is that I suggest you put aside at least some time to participate in the Reckoning as it will not be something like the last Pit which could theoretically be over in 15 minutes.

When you and your partner are ready to play, let me know here or on Skype.
2357 days 22 hours ago
RShowFreak
Also multiple pairs can arrange the same time and play at the same time.

The arranging time is moreso that I have an idea when I would need to try and be online for sure
2357 days 22 hours ago
aiwfwyattroh
Are there any times you def won't be online? Just so we can cut those times out when talking to our partner
2357 days 21 hours ago
RShowFreak
Only from Im guessing all of tomorrow morning and I will probably get on sometime between 2 pm est and 5 pm est hopefully.  From then I should be online pretty much the rest of the day with maybe a 30 minutes or 1 hour period in between
2357 days 4 hours ago
RShowFreak
I am now available for the Reckoning
2356 days 19 hours ago
RShowFreak
Results incoming
2356 days 19 hours ago
RShowFreak
BUT there is something that needs to be addressed first
2356 days 19 hours ago
nick9811
oh boy
2356 days 19 hours ago
RShowFreak
First I will reveal the rules of the Reckoning:

Welcome to this SEMI-LIVE Reckoning.

Today you will be playing Harvest Time.

In this Reckoning, both you and your partner will individually navigate through a cornfield maze looking to harvest 5 total stalks of corn.  You will both participate in a 10x10 cornfield maze as such with each section of the maze being a "box" in the chart represented by a question mark:

https://imgur.com/a/j1MiI

For moving purposes, each section/room/box is labeled with a letter and number representing the column and row such as A1 or J10.  For the sake of moving through the maze, assume it is like you are viewing it from above and move WITHOUT TURNING so if you are in a room and move DOWN, then in the next room, going UP brings you back to the previous room.

To begin, each member may enter at ANY POINT along the border of the maze (any spot in Columns A or J or Rows 1 and 10).  Both members may enter at different points.  Whenever you are in a room/section I will give you directions you can move where there are no walls such as:

UP
LEFT
RIGHT
DOWN

You will then move in 1 of those directions.  Located in 5 sections of the maze are cornstalks which you and your partner must find.  When you find a section with a cornstalk you must mail me the phrase:

HARVESTS CORN (NUMBER WHICH IS PROVIDED)

When you harvest a stalk it is done for your team.  When your team harvests all 5 cornstalks your goal becomes to exit the maze.  You do so by going to ANY POINT on the border (any spot in Columns A or J or Rows 1 and 10).  However, 1 of the requirements for exiting is that you and your partner must exit on the same square at the same time meaning you finish only when you and your partner finish on any spot on the border of the maze after harvesting all 5 cornstalks.

If at any point you want to move through several sections/rooms at once you may do so, so if you send me:

RIGHT
RIGHT
RIGHT

You move through 3 sections of the maze but each will count as a separate turn so you will be making 3 moves in 1 turn.  HOWEVER, if you do this and at any point you make an invalid move by walking in a direction where you cannot (a wall is located) then only the moves up to the mistake count, the mistake (walking into a wall) will then count as 3 moves.

Since you are both moving in the same maze, if you work together to find all 5 cornstalks this could be done faster (if you cross paths in the maze I will tell you). 

This Reckoning however is NOT TIMED.  Instead you will be judged by the number of moves you make.  Your score will be the sum of 3 values:

1. The number of moves you make in this Reckoning (moving to 1 section is 1 turn).
2. The number of moves your partner makes in the Reckoning.
3. The DIFFERENCE between you and your partner's moves.

So the goal is not only to complete this in the least amount of moves but divide the distance traveled by you and your partner.

If you make 100 moves, your partner makes 103 moves your score will be:

100 moves + 103 moves + 3 moves = 206 moves

The pair that finishes in the LEAST number of total moves will win this Reckoning, earn safety from the Pit and earn the power to send any other team into the Pit.

The pair that finishes in the MOST moves will finish in Last Place and AUTOMATICALLY face the next Pit.

You may individually each play this either through TG Mails or Skype but both play at the same time.

Any questions?
2356 days 19 hours ago
RShowFreak
Now the rules of this Reckoning were kept a secret until shortly before you played.

I stated you could share the rules with other teams but it could hurt your chances of winning or avoiding last.

During this Reckoning a situation arose where 1 team chose to share the exact layout of the maze with a team that had yet to run which was used until I put a stop to it.  I did not explicitly state you could not share the layout of the maze but in the spirit of the game, essentially that is cheating. 

More importantly in doing so, it potentially rewards someone the win due to outside circumstances of not competing.

To those involved individuals, because I did not explicitly state you could not do this there would be no penalty, but the team who received the layout were informed they would compete on a DIFFERENT maze with roughly the same difficulty.  What they did not know was it was the same maze but rotated 90 degrees with the numbers of the corn moved around. 

For those who argue I allowed sharing answers in the trials, I blatantly stated then you could share answers when I did not such thing this time especially at a point where the game is reaching the end.

To those who participated in this subtle form of cheating, know this is your FIRST AND FINAL WARNING.  This is a blatant slap in the face to myself as your host who not only spent time to create this maze but to the hours I spent today with people who actually participated.  It is also a slap into the face of your competitors who legitimately participated and to the spirit of competition.  If this type of behavior continues in the future you will be BLACKLISTED from the series and stripped of any and ALL championships or accolades associated to the franchise.

I understand the spirit of competition and wanting to win but with the time and effort I provide I simply ask for the respect of playing everything straight up.

I will not reveal the identities of those involved until the season's end but can assure you the team who received the layout of the maze and played the altered maze DID NOT win.

With that said, I will get to the results.
2356 days 19 hours ago
RShowFreak
Results:

Place - Team (Score: Player 1's moves + Player's 2 moves + Difference in moves)

LAST PLACE - Lemjam6/mysterygame2 (230 moves: 115 moves + 107 moves + 8 moves)

5th - ticofernandez/rawr121 (226 moves: 110 moves + 113 moves + 3 moves)

4th - Noxity/Jaxon (212 moves: 106 moves + 106 moves + 0 moves)

3rd - nick9811/aiwfwyattroh (204 moves: 102 moves + 78 moves + 24 moves)

2nd - Ethan000/semajdude (164 moves: 82 moves + 77 moves + 5 moves)

1st - BOBROCKS333/Pieguy555 (152 moves: 76 moves + 75 moves + 1 move)

As the team to make the most moves in this Reckoning that means Lemjam6 and mysterygame2 finish this Reckoning in Last Place and will AUTOMATICALLY face the next Pit.

As the team to finish in the least moves, BOBROCKS333 and Pieguy555, you have earned safety from the Pit.  The decision is now in your hands.  You must discuss and AGREE on which other team will face off against Lemjam6 and mysterygame2 in the Pit.

You have until 10 pm est TOMORROW (TUESDAY) to mail me which pair you are sending in.  You both must send the same pair.  If you cannot agree and send different pairs, you will lose your safety and will be sent into the Pit YOURSELVES as the punishment.  You can change your mind and send different teams but the most recent mail you each send by the deadline will be your final choices.

IN ADDITION, as the tiebreaker you must say which matchups you prefer for The Pit.  You will pair Lemjam6 and mysterygame2 EACH with 1 member of the pair you agree to send in.  You must agree on this as well.  NOTE: This decision you make will only come into play as a TIEBREAKER.

open group

RSF Season 52: War of the Worlds

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!