This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Elimination 3

Topic » Elimination 3

1362 days 19 hours ago
RShowFreak
Everyone is here.

I can reveal tonight's Elimination is a Free-for-All meaning any 2 people can win and any 2 people can be eliminated.
1362 days 19 hours ago
LaFierceBrittany2
SCREAMING
1362 days 19 hours ago
RShowFreak
Welcome to tonight's Elimination, Territory War.

In this elimination, all FOUR players will play simultaneously on the same board with the 2 winners being the 2 with the highest score.

This game is essentially the game of Dots and Boxes.

The board is a 10x10 board of dots which when connected correctly could make a box grid of a 9x9 board of 81 squares.

You will take turns connecting 2 squares horizontally or vertically with that forming 1 side of a box.  When you create the 4th side and close the box you claim the box and that is 1 point for you.

However, there is a twist.  For this challenge when you connect 2 dots you will be on the board.  In order to connect 2 dots and make that "gate" you will walk through that gate and be standing on the square you go through to pass it.  Your next move must then be on one of the sides of the current box you are in.  For each move you MUST pass through the gate in order to close it.  The only exception is if you are closing the last gate of a box to claim the square you do not need to walk through it as you would then be boxed in.  If the last side you close is on the outside border of the box you can re-enter at any other border point.

So for example If you start by walking between Dots 1 and 2 then a line is drawn between Dots 1 or 2.  You are then within that square and your next move is either connecting:

1-11, 11-12 or 2-12

TO BE CLEAR, when you start you MUST begin outside the board thus making the first line you have be on the outside border.  If you get boxed in and are locked within the grid or end up on the outside with no way to enter the grid, even if there are open spots left because you are boxed in, you will no longer be able to make any moves and whatever your score is at that point is your end score.

The 2 players with the most squares claimed will win this elimination, earn a Red Skull which qualifies them to run my Final and will have the decision on whether or not to turncoat.

The losers will be eliminated.

If there is a TIE, then whoever got to that tied number FIRST wins the tiebreaker.

The board will be updated by me here:

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1pTYqumkYE5x4_TVj5I1YnJgfzQI6MzjohMKhtn9ebIc/edit?usp=sharing

The players must agree if they want to post their moves here or on Skype in a group chat.

Either is fine.
1362 days 19 hours ago
MrBird
jesus ok lemme read gimme a min
1362 days 19 hours ago
RShowFreak
The order will be:

1st (Red)
2nd (Blue)
3rd (Green)
4th (Yellow)

It will be based on the order you checked in:

LaFierceBrittany2
J2999
Molecule
MrBird

I will make letters on the board to represent where you are.

They are:

L -LaFierceBrittany2
J - J2999
M - Molecule
B -MrBird
1362 days 19 hours ago
RShowFreak
Do you all understand and have any questions?
1362 days 19 hours ago
LaFierceBrittany2
so we HAVE to go off of the last line we put down to go to our next square, is that the twist? and if you block yourself, too bad so sad?
1362 days 19 hours ago
RShowFreak
There is NO TIME LIMIT on moves but if you take too long I will give you a warning.  If you receive multiple warnings you will be DISQUALIFIED and be eliminated.
1362 days 19 hours ago
Molecule
i understand
1362 days 19 hours ago
RShowFreak
@Brit

Once you place a line and walk through I will place your letter in whatever box you are in.  Then you must make another line from that space thus walking through it.  If you close off a box then you simply do not walk through.

If you get blocked in then yes you are done and whatever your score is at that time is your final score.
1362 days 19 hours ago
MrBird
How can we not block ourselves off if we have to create a box?
1362 days 19 hours ago
RShowFreak
@MrBird

When you are closing a box to claim it, that is the only time you do not have to walk through.  You simply close the box, claim it and then stay where you are.
1362 days 19 hours ago
MrBird
Also its putting me off how in the rules you say rectangle, is it a 1 line x 1 line dimension?
If so, can i technically go left, down, right, up and keep going to my next square?
1362 days 19 hours ago
LaFierceBrittany2
hmm i think i get it
1362 days 19 hours ago
RShowFreak
@MrBird

Think of looking at the grid as if you are looking at it from above and when you make a line you walk through it then are in that square.  You then make a move from that point.

Whenever you are on the outer grid you may enter on any outer point.

open group

RSF Season 52: War of the Worlds

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!