This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Cycle 7 - WEEK FIVE

Topic » Cycle 7 - WEEK FIVE

4553 days 6 hours ago
kebin65
[[[WELCOME TO PANEL]]]

=====

*10 models walk into the warehouse towards a runway in the middle of the vast room. As the assemble onto the platform, they look down the catwalk and see the judges, sitting at a table at the end of the runway*

Congratulations on making it past the double elimination rounds. However, the competition only gets tougher from this point on. By the end of this night, two of you will be battling it out in front of the public, and one of you will leave.

---

Now, joining me on the panel this week:

Danielvk (Daniela Ryde), host of Danielvk's NTM
grizz3344, the host of Grizzly's NTM. However, she did not have much to say about your photos, so only her call-out will count.

=====

You guys portrayed songs in your photographs this week. How did you all do? Let's see!
4553 days 6 hours ago
kebin65
[[LARA]]
http://fashionmagdaily.com/wp_fsimages/lara_stone_1.jpg
(portraying Lady GaGa's "Bloody Mary")

Daniela ;; I’m sorry but this is the most disturbing picture I have seen in my life. Just because the title has the word, “blood” in it, it doesn’t mean that you have to do a bloody picture. I don’t like the cigarette I don’t think it matches it, the blood is disturbing I cant even look at the guy, and her eyes are dead. I like the mouth I guess? But overall this is pretty weak.

Kebin ;; I disagree. I love how controversial and striking this photograph is. It's hauntingly beautiful, and I love how you set the shot up to tell a story. The face is so beautifully haunting and the angle along with the expression make you stand out despite all of the blood around you. I think you managed to tell a strong through a striking image while managing to look gorgeous at the same time; good job!
4553 days 6 hours ago
kebin65
[[ANJA]]
http://www.ladycentre.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/3e59c_110233Anjarubik3.jpg
(portraying Beyonce's "Run the World (Girls")

Daniela ;; I love the song choice. I do think that It is an inspirational song because a lot of people in the world think that boys run girls, and Beyonce is proving that they don’t. Girls can run this “mother fuck” just as well. This photo is a hate it, love it for me. I love how he’s trying to get her but she’s pushing him down. Like she’s so in control, and she looks great but there’s no connection between the two. She should be looking at him, not at the camera, because if you look at him it shows off your neck, and it wont look like he’s just staring at her boobs.

Kebin ;; The shot works both in terms of modeling and in terms of telling the story! You commanded the shot and you clearly commanded the dude. I love the animalistic vibe you're giving in the body, which correlates well to the video. What I'm not impressed with is the face. Beautiful, without a doubt, but it looks sorta blank to me, and you're not giving me that same command in the body with your face.
4553 days 6 hours ago
kebin65
[[FEI FEI]]
http://imagesgonerogue.com/2010/09/knitsmania6.jpg
(portraying Avril Lavigne's "Complicated"

Daniela ;; Avril Lavigne is such an inspiration. She has been through so much, and it shows. This picture is amazing, first of all: I love the hair! I think that it shows versatility, the hat is also very fashionable. Any regular person can say its ugly, but it’s fierce too me. The sweater is a little iffy to me; it’s not very modelesque, although this picture isn’t supposed to be modelesque. This picture is very good, I love the eys they are demanding and just explaining how life is so damn complicated. You are getting better by the hour Fei Fei, amazing job.

Kebin ;; This is a great shot! The entire attitude and feel of the shot perfectly portrays Avril's look (at the time), but also the song as well.  I love the rebellious nature you're portraying. I also like that you're telling so much with very little in this shot. The eyes and your body language both scream "frustration" to me, perfectly illustrating the song. You did a good job!
4553 days 6 hours ago
kebin65
[[COCO]]
http://www.wallpaperdj.com/wallpapers/coco_rocha-1680x1050.jpg
(portraying Katy Perry's "E.T.")

Daniela ;; You can never do bad Coco. E.T. is the song of the decade, and you so proved it. I love the dress, it is fantaboulous, and the face is so freakin fierce. The hair is kinda strange, but it works. The tail or whatever coming out of her arm is so weird, but that’s not always bad. My problem is that the dress stops too low. It looks like her tata’s are about to come out. I love the hands they remind me of bat-woman (there is a bat-woman right?) and those eyes are breathtaking. Once again, amazing job Coco.

Kebin ;; I definitely see E.T.! I love the strength and the power in the pose, and you managed to still shine through this bustling avant garde outfit because of it. That hand is an intriguing touch to the shot; it adds to the strength of your pose and at the same time, it looks quite creepy and alien-esque to me. Your face could've been more striking. I think you did not manage to outshine your hair with your expression. However as a whole, this is a good shot.
4553 days 6 hours ago
kebin65
[[KATE]]
http://i39.tinypic.com/vyl3cp.jpg
(portraying Just Jack's "Stars in their Eyes")

Daniela ;; First of all, this is the only song I didn’t know. It’s a really strange song. Not my style. For the photo, I know I’m being harsh, but this is a hot mess. That doesn’t even look like Kate, and the mouth looks so awkward, she looks like she just gave a blowjob for the first time. The eyes are dead, there is no passion. The arm makes her look like she ways 200 lbs, and the star makes it look weirder, and the hair is a mess. I’m sorry but if I got to choose I would send you home right now.

Kebin ;; This song, lyrically, has so much content, and this is your depiction of it? Seems like you've slowed down since your FCO. This week, you just fell flat on your face for me. I'm not liking the lack of creative input on your part. The song is called "Stars in Their Eyes" and...you literally have a plastic star in front of your eye. Why so literal? On top of that, the modeling itself is not very strong. You look tired and dead in your eyes. This just isn't very good for me, Kate.
4553 days 6 hours ago
hippydude126
:'(
4553 days 6 hours ago
kebin65
[[CARRIE]]
http://i43.tinypic.com/1596b8.jpg
(portraying Rihanna's "Unfaithful")

Daniela ;; What the flying hell? Here is a tip Carrie, although photoshop requests are aloud, don’t use them every single week! Because this is plain weird. I love the body, and it totally represents the song, but that face. It just doesn’t work. Maybe it’s because it’s so small I can barely see it? Maybe it’s because it isn’t good, we’ll never know. I love the arms though, I think they work here.

Kebin ;; If I'm being honest, I don't quite see how walking on a beach correlates to this song. However, that's not really my main concern here; I'm just not digging the facial expression. I think while you definitely got the sorrow and the pain, it just doesn't look good. You look like a crying puppy, which in this case is not a good thing. A lot of it has to do with the mouth. Also, on top of that, the stiffness in this shot makes the emotion ineffective in my opinion. You need to learn how to give and expression AND made it work in terms of aesthetic.
4553 days 6 hours ago
kebin65
[[ALESSANDRA]]
http://www.rockmyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/NUM%C3%89RO-TOKYO-ALESSANDRA-AMBROSIO-by-MATTHIAS-VRIENS-MCGRATH-07.jpg
(portraying Florence + the Machine's "Dog Days are Over")

Daniela ;; I love the song choice, the dog days are over. I loved your speech it really made me get it, now to the photo: This is almost as disturbing as Lara’s. First thing you see is this ass with a guy wearing a Speedo. =/. I do love you in the shot though. I like the face, and the arm. The eyes are working, but nothing stands out. This isn’t my favorite, it isn’t my least favorite. Nothing gets to me here. It’s just Alessandra. Nothing special.

Kebin ;; This is a very interesting interpretation, but with your description you made it work. As a fashion shot, I like it as well. His ass is waving in our faces, yet you still managed to be the star in the shot. I love your pose and I love the fire and determination in your eyes. You look stunning! Overall, it's a nice shot!
4553 days 5 hours ago
kebin65
[[JESSICA]]
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l2tivzUPFq1qbguu6o1_500.jpg
(portraying Beyonce's "Best Thing I Never Had")

Daniela ;; I love Best Thing I Never Had, although the song confuses me a little bit. She has a “smelledsomethingstinkyface”. And the eyebrows are too bushy. The dress reminds me of the dress in the video with the black and stuff. I love the wrist corsage she has, but like Alessandra, nothing stands out. I think you could do better.

Kebin ;; This shot is really elegant, yet sexy at the same time. You do look quite beautiful. I do think you could've given a bit more. It's a bit too plain for me. I would've like to see more personality or emotion in the face, maybe one that would help portray the song's message more. I don't have a lot of bad things to say about this, but I don't have a lot of amazing things either.
4553 days 5 hours ago
kebin65
[[CHANTAL]]
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg717/scaled.php?server=717&filename=normalblssschantal02dom.jpg&res=medium
(portraying Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream")

Daniela ;; I was wondering how you would do because you did horrible last week. I like the hair and the legs, but the face is so damn weird. Why does her face always look like she’s about to cry. Also the see-through shirt doesn’t really work with it. Not impressed

Kebin ;; The only issue I have is the face, cause I do like everything else about this shot. Your expression is just so awkward, and the fact that the hair is covering your face so much is just not working for you. For "Teenage Dream", I would've expected a more carefree vibe, but your face looks quite dull. The pose works for me, the set works for me, wardrobe works for me; you just haven't managed to push through with the face.
4553 days 5 hours ago
whizkid1428
I understand the critiques about the facial expression and how it needs to correspond to the body, but I don't understand the comment about how I shouldn't use photoshop every week. This is a high fashion competition, and Carrie's photos are mostly commercial. Nevertheless, the photoshop option is there, so why wouldn't I take advantage of it?
4553 days 5 hours ago
kebin65
[[NICOLA]]
http://nd05.jxs.cz/977/506/581ee65247_78250095_o2.jpg
(portraying Katy Perry's "Last Friday Night")

Daniela ;; YES!!! I’m glad you didn’t go home last week because this is sooooo good. The way she is upside down on the bench and drunk looking, but very sexy. It matches the song a lot. You look like you just had the best damn party ever, and you crashed on a bench. You look hot, good job.

Kebin ;; You sold me with the face, but you lost it in the body. You look so gorgeous, but this pose is just so strange and awkward. It almost looks like you were photoshopped onto the bench, and you weren't. I especially have an issue with your legs; they just don't look good at this angle.

===

Please exit the room. When you return, I will announce the 2 of you who will be up for the public vote. Good luck.
4553 days 5 hours ago
hippydude126
i know i am up! :'( i thought i did well!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
4553 days 5 hours ago
kebin65
[[[CALL-OUT]]]

===

10 model stand before me, but only 9 of you will be advancing to the next round of competition. At this point, I will only save 8 of you, leaving 2 of you to compete for the public's vote.

Photo of the week goes to...
#1: FEI FEI
Another FCO! Congratulations!
#2: COCO
#3: ANJA
#4: NICOLA
#5: LARA
#6: ALESSANDRA
#7: JESSICA

---

Carrie, Chantal and Kate, it's down to you two. I will only save one of you. The other two will have to battle it out in front of the public for safety.
#8: CARRIE
Shocked? You should be! You were very close to the B2. Do not do this poorly ever again. Congratulations!

Chantal and Kate, you two will be fighting for the public vote. Good luck!

open group

Kebin's Next Top Model

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!