This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Cycle 7 - WEEK EIGHT

Topic » Cycle 7 - WEEK EIGHT

4522 days 13 hours ago
kebin65
[[[WELCOME TO PANEL]]]

=====

*7 models walk into the warehouse towards a runway in the middle of the vast room. As the assemble onto the platform, they look down the catwalk and see the judges, sitting at a table at the end of the runway*

Welcome to panel, Final 7. Now, as you all know, this is probably the most nerve-wracking week so far. We've only got 7 of you standing here, but by the end of the round only 5 (not 6) will be left standing. 3 of you will be in jeopardy of going home, so you really want to be in the Top 4 this week.

---

Now, joining me on the panel this week:

Danielvk (Daniela Ryde), host of Danielvk's NTM
Alex (bobbobachoo1), a good friend of mine and well-experienced KNTM judge

=====

Seven models. Only makes sense to do Seven Deadly Sins this week. How did you all go? We'll see!
4522 days 13 hours ago
kebin65
[[[ANJA]]]

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FIjt_tBaWjI/TVxfmbG_BSI/AAAAAAAAYF0/RAbNVj09jLE/s1600/Anja%2BRubik%2B-%2BVogue%2BSpain%252C%2BMarch%2B2011%2B5.jpg

Daniela ; "Well the male model is disgusting. This takes nude art too far. I think it is gross, and nobody would want to wear that dress with a man’s penis pressed against it. I do think she looks good, so if you cut the male model out of the picture, it is a good photo.” What I previously said is what I would usually say, but with the theme of Lust which is pretty much sexual desire, I do think it matches theme. It’s a little disgusting but it matches theme.

Alex ; This is sexy Anja! You really got into character which I love. Overall I think it's a great shot, great job!

Kebin ; Well you got lust, and Daniela says you might've gone a bit too far. Honestly I think you could've taken it a bit further. Lust is all about the chemistry and the passion, and I do not get that from you in this photograph. I wish you were more intimate with the guy and you had more feeling and passion in those eyes. You do look gorgeous, though, and I do think you created a beautiful body shape.
4522 days 13 hours ago
kebin65
[[[COCO]]]

http://www.fashionisingpictures.net/photoshoots/CocoRochaApril20103.jpg

Daniela ; Wrath is rage. You need to be really angry, and she doesn’t fit it. It looks fake, I want real anger. I can tell that she feels happy but is portraying an angry person. Modeling is acting, and if she can’t act mad of all emotions, how good of a model is she? She looks good, but It just doesn’t fit theme.

Alex ;  This is very posey. It just seems very unnatural and you seem very awkward. It's not my favorite shot of you. I also think you're stuck in this comfort zone of screaming that you haven't left yet.

Kebin ; I agree with the others when they say this is a big forced and a bit too posing. Wrath is so raw and passionate; I wish I got that from your body language. However, I really do like the face. Could you have brought a bit more into it, sure, but as far as I'm concerned, when I saw your face, I got that this shot was "wrath".
4522 days 13 hours ago
kebin65
[[[LARA]]]

http://i50.tinypic.com/20pwj1l.jpg

Daniela ; You had envy, or greed. To be completely honest, I don’t see it. I see her apposing a man (who you can’t see, but you see the shadow) and she is looking where she shouldn’t be. Her eyes are dead, and it doesn’t prove to me that she is a good model. It doesn’t follow theme, and it isn’t good.

Alex ; This is not my favorite photo of you. The eyes are very sleepy. You seem tired or bored and I just don't see envy.

Kebin ; You chose one of the toughest sins to portray, so I'll give you that. I think there are many ways to possibly interpret "envy" from this shot. Maybe she's looking at an angel and wishing she were one? I think providing an explanation would've helped you there. The essence of "envy" just doesn't pop out immediately, but I do see the envy in the eyes. I disagree with Alex; your eyes are definitely saying something strong. I think for such a tough brief to fulfill, at least you got it in those eyes. As a shot, this is actually quite beautiful and artistic, but you just need to make sure that you've made more of a connection to your sin.
4522 days 13 hours ago
kebin65
[[[ALESSANDRA]]]

http://www.rockthetrend.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/fire-ice-muse-winter-2011-alessandra-ambrosio-2.jpg

Daniela ; You had Sloth or jealousy. Once again I am not seeing it. You are the 1 model left, that haven’t proven yourself to me yet. I thought this would be the week, but apparently not. Remember 2 people are going home, and I think that you can be a serious contender if you don’t step up. She is just sitting there, but it doesn’t show laziness. She looks like she is in a deep thought, while sloth is more transcend and relaxed. Not a fan this week.

Alex ; I love this shot. First of all, it's very androgynous. I think wrath was a hard character to portray and I don't think it's 100% shown, but not bad at all Alessandra.

Kebin ; With sloth, you could've been more relaxed with it. This is a bit intense and stiff for me, and I was hoping you'd go for something more carefree and light, which is more of the "sloth" look. As a fashion shot, I love your face and the body language is ok, but the body language is a bit robotic and wooden.
4522 days 13 hours ago
kebin65
[[[FEI FEI]]]

http://i42.tinypic.com/14mez9g.jpg

Daniela ; You have shown me that you are the best model here. This is FANTASTIC. I love how she looks, and although I’m not a fan of photoshop, you always work it. I love how the woman is standing there like she just walked in and she was like “:O”. I love the food around it, and it is fantastic. Amazing job.

Alex ; I love this shot Fei Fei. I think you took a huge risk and it paid off for me. You just look so bloated, but it's still fashionable. Great job.

Kebin ; This actually looks more like sloth to me, until you see the food. Even though the pose is a bit stiff (it looks like you're in the middle of doing an ab workout), the shot works as a whole. I absolutely love your face. Absolutely beautiful. I do think you could've depicted gluttony more other than just laying in a bunch of food; show your desire for that food, you know? However, you look good!
4522 days 12 hours ago
kebin65
[[[NICOLA]]]

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_AizfSZrFxJc/TKduqoE_wTI/AAAAAAAAAPM/AyvKtuWi5rY/s1600/100816_Fab_Nicola_

Daniela ; I can see the pride. She looks prideful, but she also has insecurity in her eyes. She looks almost despaired. Pride should have more of an arrogant, conceited look. I also hate the outfit. It doesn’t look good, it doesn’t blend, it is very granny. Overall it’s okay.

Alex ; I don't see pride at all. Just because you're lying there and thinking that you're so hot doesn't mean we see it. I'm not saying that you weren't think pride, but you didn't portray it well. The modeling's fine though.

Kebin ; You could've done so much more with pride. SO much more. I do think you look hot in this shot, but I don't see pride to its fullest. First off, you're just lying on a couch. Mostly importantly, though, what takes me out of this "pride" sorta feeling is, as Daniela mentioned, the face; I see insecurity, loneliness, fear as opposed to arrogance and confidence. The shot and the explanation aren't sufficient enough to make me immediately say; wow, that's pride! As a photograph, you look gorgeous, though.
4522 days 12 hours ago
kebin65
[[[JESSICA]]]

http://i44.tinypic.com/m7fdwm.jpg

Daniela ; You have greed, which is just like Envy. I don’t like this whatsoever. It’s too small, it doesn’t look like you. It is not impressive. I hate it.

Alex ; I had a lot of troubling critiquing you. You explained your angle so I get where you're coming from, but if I was reading a magazine and saw this, I would have no clue that it was greed. Unfortunately when doing a photoshoot, you have to find a way to portray the character without explaining all of that. To a client all that matters is the final product.

Kebin ; I'm really distracted by this mess-of-a-background. You look beautiful (maybe a bit overshined by that outfit though) , but the over-sized gold coins are outshining the shit out of you. I get greed from your explanation, but I find the portrayal in the shot to be a bit cheesy and a bit literal. I think you could've portrayed greed in a better way, like maybe placing yourself in a room with a bunch of luxury item, you know? Other than plopping yourself in front of gold big, over-sized gold coins. I'm just not sure how well the shot worked as a whole.

----

Two of you are going home. Good luck :)
4522 days 12 hours ago
kebin65
[[[CALL-OUT]]]

===

This is a tough elimination guys. 2 of you, not just 1, will be gone by the end of this round. The first name I will call is...

#1 :: FEI FEI

Your shot this week was an overall success. Congratulations!

#2 :: ANJA

#3 :: COCO

===

Alessandra, Jessica, Lara and Nicola, I can only save one of you....

#4 :: ALESSANDRA

Congratulations!
4522 days 12 hours ago
kebin65
[[[ELIMINATION ;; PART ONE]]]

===

Jessica, Lara, Nicola, your shots were determined by the panel to be the worst of the week. Unfortunately for you guys, only one of you will be making it through to the next round of the competition. But first, the judges must make its cut.

The three of us ranked your portfolios from best to worst. After totaling them up, the model who is ranked the worst will be leaving the competition right now.
NICOLA :(

I'm really sad to see you go. You were one of my favorites, and you started off this competition with such a big BANG, but you've progressively gotten weaker in this competition. You should be proud of making it so far in the competition. Thank you so much for being with us!

Nicola's Journey :: http://i39.tinypic.com/10fx5ax.jpg

===

It's not over yet. Jessica and Lara, the public will be deciding which one of you gets the boot. Good luck.
4522 days 12 hours ago
Juergen
:O wow thanks Judges
*hugs Nicola*
4522 days 1 hour ago
Kevian
FCO! Bye nicola :'(
4521 days 9 hours ago
kebin65
[[[ELIMINATION ;; PART TWO]]]

===

Jessica and Lara, you two have personally been two of my favorite models here in the competition, and seeing your portfolios side-by-side, both of you have been strong competitors as well. I know for a lot of people, it will be incredibly difficult to see either one of you go, but unfortunately the job must be done.

The public has made its call. With a 70% to 30% vote, the model that will be advancing to the Final 5 is...
JESSICA
Congratulations! You have made it to the next round.

===

Lara, initially you did not even make the Final 16, so you should be incredibly proud of your accomplishments! You are such a great model and you have such an amazing look, and I'm really bummed to see you leave this week. Thank you so much for being with us.

LARA's JOURNEY :: http://i42.tinypic.com/2nls038.jpg
4521 days 8 hours ago
Leacroft
I am so sorry to disappoint you judges :( I will come back fighting next week

open group

Kebin's Next Top Model

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!