This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Runway 3

Topic » Runway 3

3077 days 2 hours ago
Slice
*tells the artist I commissioned to do my portrait to pause for an hour*

Good evening ladies.
3077 days 2 hours ago
donaam
artist: *is pause*
3077 days 2 hours ago
konohavillage1
look who's lipsyncing all the black people
3077 days 2 hours ago
KingGeek
*walks onto the stage, trips as i fall with a broken heel*
3077 days 2 hours ago
Slice
This week, you were asked to be inspired by the greats and do some painting of your own!

While a few of you could be featured in the MoMA, a couple of you would be hidden on the back pages of Deviantart.
3077 days 2 hours ago
konohavillage1
where is bigkneelover
3077 days 2 hours ago
Slice
If I call your name, please step forward.

Byzantium
Nineteen
Viktoria Wolanski
Soap D'Spensére
Sommers Eve Dush
3077 days 2 hours ago
konohavillage1
I DONT DESERVE THIS BUT I WILL TAKE IT
3077 days 2 hours ago
Slice
You are SAFE this week and may head to the Paint.NET Lounge. That means that

Diana
Emcee
Floss
Kali
Katie Manson
Ms. Charlize Faux

Please stay on stage.
3077 days 2 hours ago
Slice
Diana, you're first.

Daniel: First off, another great job this week. I feel like this week you really stood out and managed to do something both interesting and beautiful. When you first showed me the dress I was happy about it, but it seemed like something was missing. You took that and you definitely stepped it up with the makeup and little extra details that you added to the look, especially giving it a more Japanese theme. Starting at the top and working down, the hair is simple and good. I think it fits a little oddly around the sides and the chopsticks seem a little messy, but it works with the look. I think your eye makeup really was stunning this week, and your eyebrows were a very cool decision to go with the whole sea foam spots idea you wanted. The cheeks were good, the lips seem strange but I can’t seem to put my finger on why (although the colour is good). Coming to the dress, again, immaculate sewing at work. To incorporate it like that was very well done, and was reminiscent for me of Alena Akhmadullina SS16… not that that really made a difference, but it was a cool comparison. Great job.

Sterling: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ROAJhLMzUS
3077 days 2 hours ago
Slice
Now, Emcee.

Daniel: This is another case of not awful, but certainly not good enough. You have delivered good showings, but this week everyone had very interesting looks, and yours fell flat. There isn’t much of an interpretation here at all with the exceptions of the colours behind your head as a throwback to Munch’s colours. Also, while Floss and Nineteen used paint effects well, this one really threw off your look and made it seem choppy and made all the edges (especially hair to skin edges) look a mess. The look overall though is nice, but really on the boring side. You can do better, I know it.

Sterling: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1I0QetvnvY7
3077 days 2 hours ago
Slice
Now it's time to talk about Floss!

Daniel: I opened this up and I was stunned. Legitimately, I was speechless at first. I think it’s, yet again, an outstanding showing from you. The paint effect worked beautifully with your eye makeup and was a great interpretation of Monet’s style. The more I looked at it, though, the more things felt awry. The hair was ok (you’ve had better). The coat was cool but felt like it wouldn’t be appropriate dress in the scene that Monet painted (although, truthfully, that doesn’t really matter). My issue comes with the eye makeup in trying to imagine it without the paint effect where, quite literally, it would be splotches that end up covering the eyebrows which felt sort of messy to me. Going off that, I think most of your interpretation was only in the eye makeup colours and the paint effect, which was a bit of a let down. Having won the last two challenges, and improving on your first showing the second time, I was expecting another improvement, although it was as good as last time and not much more, which I felt it could have been. Still, incredible. Great job.

Sterling: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1cuWleDHJ6A
3077 days 2 hours ago
Slice
Kali, swim on over.

Daniel: I didn’t know how to feel about this at first, thinking it was a little simple, but then I kept thinking about it, and realized it was one of the most interesting interpretations of the week. You took a look at the painting and thought “I can picture a beautiful mermaid in that wave” and delivered a look that wasn’t necessarily the most visually stunning of the week, but one of the most interesting for sure. Looking at it in a general sense, there are great positives. I’m happy you didn’t choose to use the typical “mermaid” hair but rather opt for the slicked, wet looking wig that you did put on. I think the enlargement of the irises was a great idea with giving her more of a fishy look, although I think you really could have put on some eye makeup to make it better. The skin was cool, especially considering it looks like fish scales, but also just a very pleasant, complimentary pattern. I don’t think anybody else will get this, but the Nami vibes were killing me! I really think a lot more work could have been put into this, but it was wonderful regardless.

Sterling: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1x2jk5YOsqV
3077 days 2 hours ago
_Aria
I'm gonna die
3077 days 2 hours ago
Slice
Are you ready, Katie Manson?

Daniel: Oh, Katie!! That’s not a bad “oh, katie” but it’s not a good one either. This look was interesting, but at first glance, I thought, “Did I leave the Starry Night image link on??” because it appears that this is Starry Night inspired. You had some improvements this week, as the dress you picked looked honestly pretty decent with what you had, and the hair + hair piece was a cool “wave’ interpretation too, but that’s where I think the improvements stop. The moon is covering the hair piece, meaning it’s in front of you. There are white lines around your hair where there shouldn’t be. It’s the same editing mistakes that we clocked you for the last two weeks, and I’m starting to feel less forgiving about it. Your makeup isn’t terrible, but it’s not at the standards of the other girls. I’m just glad there was some there. I think you should be careful with the cheek contour, bc it looks like a smudge. Try to make the line smaller and blur it a little less; that will help to make it cleaner. And, if you can, try to one highlight or one lowlight colour to your eyeshadow to make it more interesting. Watching actual Makeup videos help! I can see improvement happening, but not right now if you keep making the same mistakes.

Sterling: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0TegZ4Fg1mV

open group

TENGAGED DRAG RACE VI

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!