This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Day 14: Endurance Mission 5 (Expression Auction)

Topic » Day 14: Endurance Mission 5..

2101 days 6 hours ago
saxonmath
I am putting this here early because I need you guys to read this before the mission starts. It's going to be a long, complicated one. The winner of this mission will earn a piece and give the samadhi to a team.... the samadhi? The ability to choose a team to not play in the next Temple Mission. Very big as we're winding down to 4 teams after this. This mission is derived from the game show "The Genius."
2101 days 6 hours ago
saxonmath
Each team will be given a cube numbered from 1-10 and must use them to bid on a series of tiles marked with numbers and mathematical symbols in an auction, with the goal being to form an equation equally EXACTLY TEN (10). After a lot (either a number or a symbol) is revealed, you will have 1 minute to bid on it. If a bid is made, other teams have a chance to beat it or match it. If another team matches the bid, the lot will be void and no one gets it. This strategy is important if you don't want a team to complete the mission yet! If no one bids within that minute, that number/symbol will also be voided. The team with the highest bid will get that lot (given that it is not a draw). All cubes used during bids will be removed from play, whether it was a tie or not.
2101 days 6 hours ago
saxonmath
Teams cannot trade their purchases with other teams, but have the right to "discard" their purchase (aka not use it in your expression). Note that you MUST alternate symbols and signs in your expression (i.e. you cannot say "1" "2" "-" "2" since that would be saying 12-2).

The first team to give me their expression that makes 10 using their lots will win a pyramid piece and the right to choose a team to not play in the next Temple Mission. The LAST team to give me an expression will AUTOMATICALLY go to the ToF.

However, there's more in play....
1) If a team is not here, they are still eligible to participate. Though for each round, one cube will be removed, starting from highest (10) to lowest (1). If I remove all the numbers because they're not here, that team will AUTOMATICALLY go the ToF. I wouldn't call this unfair, because I'm telling you in advance. Everyone seems to agree on 7PM EST through the application, so.....

2) If you are out of cubes in the auction and have not made the number 10, you will AUTOMATICALLY go to the ToF. The last team to give me their expression still applies, so we may have more than 2 teams go to the ToF. (i.e. 2 teams are out of cubes and the last team to give me an expression). So in reality, ALL of the teams may go to the temple.

3) If, by the end of the 24 lots are over and we're still playing, the Chatzy gods will determine the next number AND symbol for each round.

4) If you're going to the ToF, the only chance for you to get out of the mess is to win tomorrow's temple mission. If you get the samadhi and you're going to the ToF by any of the above, then you're definitely going to the ToF no matter what.

5) PEMDAS rules apply in this mission.
2101 days 6 hours ago
saxonmath
For EXAMPLE: The number 3 is auctioned off.
Team A auctions their 2 cube.
Team B auctions their 3 cube.
Team C auctions their 4 cube.
Team A auctions their 5 cube.
The minute is up. Team A gets the number 3, and all the cubes auctioned are removed (so team A loses their 2 and 5 cube, team B loses their 3 cube, and team C loses their 4 cube).

Round 2: The multiplication symbol is auctioned off.
Team A auctions their 4 cube.
Team B auctions their 5 cube.
Team C auctions their 5 cube.
Because of this, the round is void, and all the cubes auctioned will still be removed (so team A loses their 4 cube, team B loses their 5 cube, and team C loses their 5 cube).

Etc…
2101 days 6 hours ago
saxonmath
There are 24 lots that are sold and the order is as follows:
1. The number 1
2. The number 2
3. The number 3
4. The number 4
5. The number 5
6. The number 6
7. The addition sign
8. The multiplication sign
9. The subtraction sign
10. The division sign
11. The number 6
12. The number 7
13. MYSTERY AUCTIONS (we will be auctioning 3 items; two items will use cubes and one item will use pyramid pieces)
14. The number 1 AND the multiplication sign
15.The number 2 AND the multiplication sign
16.The number 3 AND the addition sign
17.The number 4 AND the addition sign
18.The number 8 AND the division sign
19. The number 9 AND the division sign
20. The number 10 AND the division sign
21. The number 6 AND the subtraction sign
22. The number 7 AND the subtraction sign
23. The addition sign
24. The number 10
25+ Chatzy gods determining a number and symbol.
2101 days 6 hours ago
saxonmath
If you have any questions, please post them here before Monday.

"Using your limited cubes to bid effectively will be the core of this game."
2101 days 6 hours ago
saxonmath
To help you strategize, I am putting the link to the episode of this game. The rules in the video are similar, though there are differences between this mission and the episode. The mission rules start at 8:30 and the game actually starts at 18:30

Good luck and I'll see you on Monday!
2100 days 5 hours ago
alanb1
What the hell bitches
2099 days 10 hours ago
saxonmath
Check in~
2099 days 10 hours ago
JonMcGillis
im here mister
2099 days 10 hours ago
saxonmath
Hi yes it's 7 and I'm revising something small - instead of 10 cubes like the show, I will be adding 5 more cubes, making it a total of 15.
2099 days 10 hours ago
saxonmath
To help with who has what cube left in the game, I have made a spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VJhzwQgiQtp-UHqFlOwZfoe4yVB-o6gkAqzBfmU7k-E/edit?usp=sharing
2099 days 10 hours ago
JonMcGillis
i got a q, do we have to use our tiles in the order we bid on them, or can we move them around
2099 days 10 hours ago
saxonmath
You can move them around.
2099 days 10 hours ago
JonMcGillis
alright
2099 days 10 hours ago
saxonmath
As a reminder:

ToF:
-Coming in last
-Having no cubes left
-Not able to make 10

open group

Saxonmath's Endurance

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!