This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Season Two — Finale

Topic » Season Two — Finale

882 days 12 hours ago
Maxi1234
Hello all! After an excruciating month and half, we've made it to the final three. Who did good? Who did... decent? We'll find out soon enough.

Without further ado, here are the finalists!

An expert in alternative and indie music, Boyfriend started the competition strong by winning the first challenge. She fumbled the bag a few weeks after that, but most notably regained footing during the fifth week, where she was consistently placing second and third after her subtle failure, and was often praised by the judges for her accuracy while submitting to themed weeks. Will her unique and eccentric taste be enough to win her the crown?

Pop-fanatic and panelist in the iconic XMC series, CutieAmy has shown a wide repertoire of music, most notably finding success with female artistry and profound story-telling symphonies. A front-runner from the start, Ali never really had any rough spots in the competition, aside from finding common ground with TurkeyLover. His strategic approach even saved him from placing bottom three during the 'Heroes vs. Villain' week, but was this enough to take home the victory?

An overall threat, and BANKS super fan, Insanity started off subtly, only winning his first challenge during week four. Being well versed with many genres, Steven found himself to be applauded by the judges for his unique style and excelled very well. He is the only contestant to never directly place in the bottom three, but is this outstanding feature enough for him to take home the prize?

The themes for the finale were the following :

Theme 1 — All The Feels (Sadness)
Theme 2 — Mood Booster (Happiness)
Theme 3 — Teen Angst (Anger)

After having three whole days to submit songs, let's see how each contestant did. We'll go by theme by theme, and give them their judges critiques based off the placement they achieved in each category.
882 days 12 hours ago
Maxi1234
FIRST CATEGORY... All The Feels

In third place, with 62 points... CutieAmy

Control by Zoe Wees

Max — I remember this song was submitted by my partner, Jerard, during XMC Season 3 and it was really good! Honestly, the more you listen to it the more you enjoy the song. It really is beautifully produced and arranged, and her vocals are incredibly powerful. I love the build up of a song, and this is the definition of a make-you-feel something power ballad!

Essence — This was a pretty big song I remember hearing a lot on the radio about a year ago, so I’m a little underwhelmed by this, I can’t lie. I feel like this was a little basic when there are a ton of less popular songs with vocals and lyrics that are just as good (if not better). Still a good track but I’ve heard it too much.

Turkey — Zoe wees is a terrorist. 6th grader me would be crying and throwing up to this…. But I grew up. And I hate this! This is cute for the alan walker radio hits siblings or dating? girlies but I am not that kind of girl. And I never will be. This is terrible ❤️
882 days 12 hours ago
Maxi1234
In second place, with 66 points... Boyfriend

Cranes In The Sky by Solange

Max — Originally, I thought I was gonna like this more because she is Beyoncé’s sister, which is    something I kind of fucked up doing coming into a song that has a completely different artistic direction. There was a lack of build up in the song, and it was as if to be able to feel some type of passion and emotion, you need a punch to really sell the song, and I found it was lacking in that way. The visuals were fantastic, however, and I did think you executed the theme well by taking a lighter approach to it.

Essence — This was gorgeous and so effortless. I haven’t heard any of Solange’s solo work but she sounds stunning here—really beautiful lyrically and I like how simplistic the instrumental is. It really lets her voice shine. Nice work!

Turkey — Oh… this is absolutely gawjus!! I’ve been meaning to get into Solange and this might just be the push I needed!! Yeah! This feels like some emotional turning point for the main character is some gorg indie arthouse drama… I'm a bit obsessed, really. This is probably my favorite song of the finale! Great jawb!
882 days 12 hours ago
Maxi1234
In first place, with 70 points... Insanity

Ocean of Tears by Caroline Polachek

Max — Honestly, I was so worried when I saw Hyperpop diva Caroline Polachek be submitted for this theme, but God… this was beautiful? I did not think I would enjoy this half as much as I did, but there’s such a breath-taking build up, and you can feel the song. When the beat gets distorted, you can tell it reflects her anger and sadness, and wow. I liked this. She sounds so beautiful, very siren-like, and I don’t think you could’ve done a better job at this. Better than BANKS.

Essence — This was really pretty and I think unique. It’s more boppy than the other two ballads but it’s lyrically quite sad which is obv what we were looking for. I think this helps you stand out a bit, good job king.

Turkey — I’ve also been meaning to listen to pang but caroline polachek annoys me idk… like she’s a weirdo… I just know she ate bugs as a kid…. Anyways, this was also stun!! I love the production! It’s very ethereal… this is like a little gorg mental breakdown… slay!
882 days 12 hours ago
Maxi1234
Points so far...

Boyfriend — 66 points
CutieAmy — 62 points
Insanity — 70 points
882 days 12 hours ago
Maxi1234
SECOND CATEGORY... MOOD BOOSTER

In third place, with 62 points... Boyfriend

Groove Is In The Heart by Deee-Lite

Max — I’m so confused, but I’m living. This is definitely making me feel the way that this theme was supposed to make me feel, and I think you went a COMPLETELY out-of-the-box and effective way. This song had me grinning from ear to ear at how fucking campy and just flat out homosexual this was. I never heard this song in full, other than it being a lip sync on Drag Race, but this was so cute! I lived and ate this up. Oh yeah, don’t forget, uh… zee groove is in zee heart!

Essence — This was funky and fun! I feel like it needed a little something more to make it stand apart but I’m not entirely sure what it is… I didn’t dislike it though, it just got a tiny bit repetitive. Definitely fits the theme though, it’s a toe-tapper! :)

Turkey — The way this is one of my dad’s favorite songs…. Taste! This is a classic! Loves the high energy sm… and even the guy’s verse was so good??? Yeah! Bawp!
882 days 12 hours ago
Maxi1234
In second place, with 64 points... CutieAmy

Tonight by Alice Chater

Max — I do think you kind of half-assed this theme because you were a tiny bit rushed to submit before the deadline, but this slaps. I truly love Alice Chater, her vocals are immaculate and I think has talent and she is a performer, and this showcased all of that.  This song makes you wanna get up and dance. Very similar to Boyfriend, it’s a very campy song (especially with the music video), and I think you did good. Although, it is a bit… safe for a finale song. I feel like other than being a run-of-the-mill pop song, there’s the WOW! factor missing to make this better.

Essence — Upbeat pop songs are soooo up your alley, I love it LOL this is such an Ali song! I think it’s cute and has a nice beat to it. Dancing in the MV is a lil cringe but I’ll try not to focus on that… I think this is a nice song that fits the theme well!

Turkey — I mean, this is cute! I’ve only really heard one Alice Chater song and that was a lot better than this… but this is fine! However, compared to the other songs this theme, it just lacks personality. It’s just a cute little dance pop song about the world ending…. It’ll never be when the world ends.
882 days 12 hours ago
Maxi1234
In first place, with a PERFECT score of 72 points... Insanity

Soulmate by Lizzo

Max — I was worried at first because Lizzo’s songs are typically all the same ones in music contests, but this was SO fucking amazing. The vocals were great, the production was also incredibly different from other stuff she’s put out. This sticks out because it’s a completely different direction, not only from Lizzo’s other songs, but from the other two submissions in this category. This is being saved to my playlist, and whenever that happens, it’s usually typically a sign of success!

Essence — YEA THE OLD ME USED TO LUV A GEMINI… LIKE A 3 SOME, FUCKIN WITH HIM EVERY NIGHT! BOPPPPP. I fucking love this Lizzo song and it’s been on my Spotify playlists for like two or three years LOL. I think Lizzo was a perfect choice for a Happy theme bc her music is always so positive and cute (and super catchy!!). This was a really excellent choice. Kinggggggg!

Turkey — Lizzo was a really good choice for this theme! She has a really fun, bubbly, vibrant personality and it translates incredibly well into her music! All her songs are just really fun! And this is no exception! It’s a perfect song for this theme! Good job!
882 days 12 hours ago
Maxi1234
Scoreboard after the second category.

Boyfriend — 128 points
CutieAmy — 126 points
Insanity — 142 points
882 days 12 hours ago
Maxi1234
THIRD CATEGORY... TEEN ANGST

In third place, with 60 points... Insanity

Experiment On Me By Halsey

Max — This was good but it was like, kind of extra as hell. I don’t really like the Birds of Prey soundtrack, like I previously showed with iiGalaxyii’s Sway With Me. I do think this hit the nail on the head, but this was by FAR the worst submission for you during the finale. I can’t say it wasn’t on par with the theme, because it was, but I just personally didn’t really like it. This song also felt long, like my ear drums were bleeding by the end of it.

Essence — I… don’t know what this is? This is a weird song LMAOO loves Halsey but this definitely isn’t her best…! I don’t really have much to say about this one, it’s an odd one and I don’t like it… scratches my head

Turkey — Sigh. Why Halsey? I’m sure this is angsty for the 13 year old melanie martinez my hero academia gay fetishizing cosplayers but for me? This is hell. It’s so bad… like yeah… I would’ve moved to this like years ago but not now. Yeah…. A miss.
882 days 12 hours ago
Maxi1234
In second place, with 68 points... CutieAmy

ABCDEFU by Gayle

Max — This is also the type of vibe I was looking for, like I said to Boyfriend. However, I do think you make it better, because she has a lot of emotion in her vocals, and it makes the song MUCH more passionable. I was wondering what the hype was with this song, because I truly never heard the rest of it other than the “fuck you, fuck your mom…” part, but this was kind of hilariously good for some weird reason? I kind of digged it. Well done!

Essence — Oh well this is obviously a pretty recent bop and it’s really cute, but it’s on the cusp of being overplayed so hmm… I’m not sure. I think this was an easy choice considering it’s blown up on social media, BUT at least it’s a good track LOL. I think you could’ve done something a bit better but… alas.

Turkey — This is like fine I guess… I hate the chorus…. It’s so…. Just okay. Idk I expected more…. Especially from you because you’ve done so well this entire season and this is just nawt your best. But back to the song, it’s fine minus the chorus… It’s not the worst song this theme but it’s still not that good.
882 days 12 hours ago
Maxi1234
In first place, with 70 points... Boyfriend

Care by Beabadoobee

Max — Her vocals were so soft and delicate compared to the heavy, rock n’ roll type instrumental and I kind of lived. It’s a good mixture of both worlds, and I think it works well for what it is. I do wish she sounded a bit more angry, because other than the lyrics, I wouldn’t be able to tell that she was mad. It’s a cute song, but there is some type of emotion missing to make this a tiny bit better. What wins this song over for me, is the instrumental, because that is the type of beat I wanted to hear from this type of category, so you executed that part perfectly!

Essence — I’ve definitely heard this somewhere before but I can’t place my finger on it — I love it!! It’s really cute with a sprinkle of angst and the lyrics are perf. Added this to my Spotify likes! Bop, bop, bop!

Turkey — Beabadoobee was a great choice for this theme! She nails the teen angst angle so well… this was so good! I don’t know a lot of her music, but she never really misses!! I got my black eyeliner on and my beabadoobee vinyl record playing tonight, you know? This was also the only good song in this theme! Slayed!
882 days 12 hours ago
Maxi1234
Finale Scoreboard

Boyfriend — 198 points
CutieAmy — 194 points
Insanity — 202 points
882 days 12 hours ago
Maxi1234
However, the finale night isn't the only thing that matters in the competition. Your scores throughout the competition have been tallied, alongside your final scores, to help us decide our winner.

Up first, Boyfriend's FINAL scoreboard.

BOYFRIEND’S SCORES
Week 1 -  31
Week 2 -  15
Week 3 -  26
Week 4 -  19
Week 5 -  31
Week 6 -  30
Week 7 -  29
Week 8 -  33
Week 9 -  38
Week 10 - 198
882 days 12 hours ago
Maxi1234
Secondly, we have CutieAmy's scoreboard.

CUTIEAMY’S SCORES
Week 1 -  17
Week 2 -  31
Week 3 -  21
Week 4 -  32
Week 5 -  34
Week 6 -  27
Week 7 -  32
Week 8 -  31
Week 9 -  40
Week 10 -  194
882 days 12 hours ago
Maxi1234
Lastly, Insanity's scoreboard.

INSANITY’S SCORES
Week 1 -  17
Week 2 -  27
Week 3 -  24
Week 4 -  33
Week 5 -  25
Week 6 -  31
Week 7 -  31
Week 8 -  30
Week 9 -  42
Week 10 -  202

open group

Max Ora Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!