This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Week 2 — What's My Name?

Topic » Week 2 — What's My Name?

367 days 12 hours ago
Maxi1234
Tonight, we said adieu to Paul, to many of the contestants' surprise. However... before we get onto the meat of the bone... it's time to announce the PRIZE that Coco earned herself for winning the first ever main challenge.

WEEK 1 : The Safety Bunker
The winner of the challenge gets immunity for the following week. They also get to save one person of their choosing. This means the lowest ranking either can receive is a LOW placement.

Coco is immune for this week, and has also chosen to give CoolKat immunity, meaning both of them have an automatic spot onto Week 3. However, this doesn't mean they get to submit garbage for the week. If either submits something off-theme, they get their immunity revoked and will be judged without it. They also might wanna win to ensure the prize for the following week... More about that later!

NOW ONTO THE THEME...

From "Hey There Delilah" to "Jenny (I Wanna Ruin Our Friendship", the judges wanna know... what IS your name? For this week's theme, we are tasking you guys to submit a song that has a pretty obvious name in the title. It obviously has to be a NORMAL and HUMAN name, and not something stupid like "Apple". This week gives you gives artistic liberty with the type of song you wanna submit, but it has to be according to the theme as well. Pretty simple, right?

You guys have 24 hours, as per usual, until May 16th at 2:45 EST.

Best of luck! The judges can validate your submissions to make sure they fit the theme as well!

Make sure to send a working link in your Discord channels! GOOD LUCK BABYKINS!
366 days 11 hours ago
Maxi1234
We asked the contestants to give us their favourite name-based submission. Let's see how they faired this week.

First off, if I call your name... you are SAFE for the week. Some of you need to step it up.
366 days 11 hours ago
Maxi1234
IN 8TH PLACE WITH 17 POINTS...
366 days 11 hours ago
Maxi1234
CoolKat with If U Seek Amy by Britney Spears!

You live to slay another week, congrats kiddo!
366 days 11 hours ago
Maxi1234
IN 7TH PLACE WITH... 17 POINTS AS WELL?

This song won the tiebreaker, therefore placed higher than their fellow contestant.
366 days 11 hours ago
Maxi1234
Deshon with Georgia by Phoebe Bridgers!

The judges commend you for trying to find the right songs to submit each week. Your effort isn't going unnoticed, keep it up!
366 days 11 hours ago
Maxi1234
IN 6TH PLACE WITH 24 POINTS... a HUGE jump from the other contestants, this is the top half of the submissions.
366 days 11 hours ago
Maxi1234
Galaxies with Julien by Carly Rae Jepsen!

Similarly to Deshon, the judges appreciate that you're trying to appeal to all three judges and you give effort every week! Congrats on moving on!
366 days 11 hours ago
Maxi1234
IN 5TH PLACE... ALSO WITH 24 POINTS!? Omg...

This song won the tiebreaker, therefore placed higher than their fellow contestant.
366 days 11 hours ago
Maxi1234
Coco with Talia by King Princess!

You're doing VERY well so far, you should be proud of placing in the top five twice. This was also Max's favourite song of the week.
366 days 11 hours ago
Maxi1234
IN 4TH PLACE... WITH 25 POINTS...
366 days 11 hours ago
Maxi1234
Malamente with Drew Barrymore by SZA!

Silent but deadly, you're moving onto week 3. We're excited to see you submit something other than a well-known artist, surprise us maybe! Congratulations nonetheless!! :D
366 days 11 hours ago
Maxi1234
Which means the tops and bottoms of the week are...

Aron
Avenly
Joe
Jourdan
Kemi
Matt
366 days 11 hours ago
Maxi1234
ARON / MISTRESS VIOLET
Personally, I wasn't a fan of this at ALL. I feel like the song would've done WAY better if Violet Ch*chk* wasn't on the track. The bass is SUPER loud and it kind of takes over the vocals, which is like... kind of awful. I loved your submission last week, while the other judges didn't. I feel like this week the opposite happened, cuz Nevra and Ali seemed to like this. I don't know, this is like... just... not my cup of tea I guess.

AVENLY / HEATHER
I didn't MIND this, it was just a bit safe. There was a LOT of slower songs submitted, and I feel like this one just faded in the background for me. While I didn't necessarily call this a bottom-worthy submission, again, there was just a missing element to really bring this to the next level. Conan has much better songs that probably would've done well, but again, I think the premise of the theme kind of failed you here.

JOE / JOHANNA
I liked this. Although it wasn't one of my FAVOURITE songs, I can respect the obscurity and the thought behind your submissions. Your taste is VERY unique, and I don't think anyone here has quite the range like you do. This was the song I was most excited to hear this week, and I'm glad you held up to expectations. You kind of have a "dark horse" element that gets me hyped up every time you send in a song. Keep it up!

JOURDAN / GILDED LILY
I was gagged when I heard the drop, I instantly recognized it from TikTok, LMFAO... What I liked about this is how I knew of the popular song, but not the song. I can actually say this was pretty good and it lives up to its' online relevancy. You've been submitted pretty solid songs, and I think you're not only shocking us, but yourself with your submissions. Keep this up, we're liking what we see.

KEMI / TOMMY
I liked this. It was cute. I do think you had other songs that would've done better from what I saw in your channel. Personally to me, this and Galaxies' song were very similar sonically and I preferred his, so naturally this feat kind of tanked your spot in my rankings. HOWEVER, you have been doing very well and you should be proud with how the game is lining up for you. Keep it up!

MATT / NATALIE
I liked this, to me, this was like... awfully good. I just think you kind of faded in the background in regards to the songs I liked. My issue with this is that there's like, no depth to the song, LMFAO. Like yeah I'm shaking my ass but that's just about how it goes for me. The NATALEHHHHHHHHH's also kind of serve. I lived.
366 days 11 hours ago
Maxi1234
NEVRA'S SUBMISSIONS

Matt / “Natalie” by Bruno Mars

Well! I’m honestly not a huge fan of Bruno…. he was cute in the late 00s and what not but yeah….. he kinda aged like milk for me! This song is okay? Raye has the better beef with Natalie! Yeah…. I’m just not the target audience for this 😭 I do like that you sent a man! But idk you could’ve sent a better one!

Aron / “Mistress Violet” by Violet Chachki, Allie X

Oh this ate…. I love the dark synthpop sound ! Very seductive and haunting which I really enjoy! Yeah! I don’t have much else to say dkhsjxud this kinda served sm yassss a step up from last week !

Avenly / “Heather” by Conan Gray

BE SO FR RIGHT NOW….. yeah…. I don’t like Conan LMFAO I was obsessed with him in like middle school??? But I moved on! And eventually you will too! This is just very… corny to me idk like sure it’s relatable but like??? come on….

Joe / “Johanna” by Suki Waterhouse

YASSSSS SUKI WATERHOUSE!!!! i literally LOVE her sm like that’s my mother!!!! This is so good duh I’m biased but like…. this is kinda one of her best like….. she ate this down! A great send !

Jourdan / “Gilded Lily” by Cults

This seems so familiar but I can’t place it…. but it’s eating! So gorgeous….. HELP THE CHORUS MADE ME JUMPNDJEJSHKDR but YASSSS i wasn’t expecting that… this ate ! you’re impressing the girls !

Kemi / “Tommy” by Ralph

this is honestly so cute yassss I love a good girly gorgeous sugary sweet song ! This is catchy and fun! I’m moving! This does reek of 2021 one for me because I used to have a huge crush on a guy named Thomas LMFAO and I definitely would’ve overplayed the hell out of this back then! But yes! I think this is a cute little pop song done really well!
366 days 11 hours ago
Maxi1234
ALI'S SUBMISSIONS

Matt: Last week I ranked you high because I fell in love with the authenticity and innovation behind your submission, it felt unique and I wanted more. This week, however, it's a huge step back... Bruno Mars??? Like why... and the song isn't good either. I tried to get into it, and just couldn't. I hope you bounce back from this.

Aron: Well this song was could have been better had it not featured Violet, but I guess then it wouldn't be called Mistress Violet. Like drag queens can't sing unless they just happened to be masters at it from birth, and Violet can't sing for shit. Other than that, the song is fine, but you can tell Allie X didn't explore any genuine artistry behind this song for choosing to collab with a drag queen out of all people and sing about BDSM.

Jourdan: The way my jaw dropped when I saw you submitting this song, like yassss taste. But not surprised since it used to be all over Spotify, like that's the only song by them I saw Spotify recommending it on random indie playlists lol. You are slowly becoming a front runner, so keep on pushing yourself.

Kemi: This was pleasantly good as I didn't expect much from an artist called "Ralph." She's boppy indeed and like such a cute song to listen to, quite catchy, and didn't bleed out my ears. Good job.

Joe: Oh I knew nevra was wet when she saw this being submitted. Suki knows how to put out good music, and this song is no difference, so what can I say? You ate and left no crumbs.

Avenly: sweetie... doing slow is fine, but try to go for either power ballads, or emotional ones. This one felt short, and stuck in between. Besides, doing ballads should be like your last resort, since they can end up being tanked when we could potentially favor upbeat songs over them. Overall, I didn't mind the song, but I won't be listening to it again nor thinking about it again, sorry ❤️

open group

Max Ora Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!