This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Week 4 — Just Like The Movies

Topic » Week 4 — Just Like The..

363 days 14 hours ago
Maxi1234
In 9th place, with 16 points...
363 days 14 hours ago
Maxi1234
Malamente with Whole Lotta Money.

ALI
mmm yeah this is a bop low key... I wish she had a slight more energy in her delivery, but i guess that's where my taste lies... but yeth at a rap song, a genre that truly slays if sang properly.

MAX
Honestly, this isn't the type of direction I personally would've went with. Although I get where you're coming from and how you build up a story around it, it just wasn't good enough to make yourself stand out amongst the other GREAT songs submitted this week. I do feel you've started to slow down, and I think if you find a more subtle artist to submit you could easily win the judges back over again. However, this week, I do think you've dropped the ball a bit.

NEVRA
I love rap! But I’m just a little bored at this….. idk I’m just not feeling it…. I like your idea but the same is just too low energy for me to be sold! It’s just too undercooked! The song is cute but idk, this was a strong week and it’s just getting lost in the shuffle !

Malamente, you will sadly be headed to the Battle Stage tonight. :(
363 days 14 hours ago
Maxi1234
Placing in 8th place... with 19 points...
363 days 14 hours ago
Maxi1234
Kemi with 2LATE.

Kemi originally placed 7th, but was knocked down to 8th by Andrew for using the Knock-a-Spot reward.

ALI
okay she is starting off fierce. Damn lyrics going off, she is edgy, she is feeling herself. But tea the "ehhh-ohhh" feels um a bit corny lmao ngl... I can't take it seriously because of that. But damn the lyrics are like good... oh the ending is okay I guess??? Not like huge about it, but I guess it's good enough for a basic singer like Iyla.

MAX
I liked this. Anything above this however, is just a bit better. I think, personally, you're slipping up a tiny bit... and I THINK it's because you try too hard to impress the judges, but really, your first two submissions were both MUCH more in-tune with who Kemi is, and personally, we liked that more. I do think there was thought behind this submission, but when the songs are all so good, this is why I think it fell very middle of the road.

NEVRA
HELP WHY IS SHE YODELING CKHSKXHEKXHDKFJ I laugh every time 😭😭😭 it’s giving like cracked out modernization of the sound of music dkdhkdhdkdjdf yeah…. I actually don’t like the yodeling that much but the rest of the song is cute! I like a good r&b hit! The yodeling, like I said, is bad BUT it does make the song standout and makes it unique !
363 days 14 hours ago
Maxi1234
Which means, placing 7th, we have Andrew with HAPPY EVER AFTER.

ALI
okay she is bit repetitive ok... okay its not bad like I am not totally against it, oh okay the effects lmao... oh its repetitive again... waiting for it to become interesting, repetitive again... well. Yeah that was it, well I guess...

MAX
Honestly, the other two judges didn't like this as much but I vibed. There's something so simple yet so effective with this, and I think it's a good follow-up to last week's winning performance of yours. I do think you know how to win me over, but the other judges is where you lack a bit more momentum. I will commend you for always giving it your 100% and trying to appeal to all three of us, and it shows, because you've managed to fight your way onto the final 8!

NEVRA
Yeah…. this is just a little corny to me 😭😭 sorry girl….. I really like your movie! It was giving cunt…. I just wished the song didn’t have that immature edginess to it :/ But I can tell that you’re trying !

open group

Max Ora Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!