This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Week 6 — Barbie Girls

Topic » Week 6 — Barbie Girls

361 days 16 hours ago
Maxi1234
After Coco's SHOCKING elimination as a result of last week's Purge, Deshon earned his second victory (much to everybody's surprise). This week, we're going back to our Y2K roots, except for Andrew who was born in 2013, but that's besides the point!

For this week's theme, I want your best pop girl anthems. I want something that shows you're a rich, sassy, bad ass woman living in her own luxury world. This is the where I wanna hear songs that make me shake my ass, do crack cocaine, do a backflip off of my house's roof, etc.

Although this theme sounds very basic per say, this is the week to really set yourselves apart from the other contestants. A lot of basic E-list white girls have good pop songs, and I'm well-versed in that domaine. So the purpose of this week is to try to find something good, but not something too predictable from a familiar artist (cough, Ariana Grande, cough).

A little tip for this week... think of something that could be a part of the upcoming Barbie movie soundtrack. I want something LIVELY and fucking UPBEAT! No more damn sad songs!

You guys have 24 hours, until May 24th 5:45 EST.

Good luck Barbie girls!
360 days 15 hours ago
Maxi1234
Hello, hello, Barbie Girls! Let's see how you all faired this week.
360 days 15 hours ago
Maxi1234
In SECOND PLACE... with 31 points a piece... placing HIGH...
360 days 15 hours ago
Maxi1234
ANDREW with I'm So Hot by Chrissy Chlapecka!

ALI
imma need you to stop doubting yourself a bit, because this song slays and fits the theme. Like Y2K music can be so extra, and this song gets the job done for portraying a boss ass bitch energy.

MAX
I do think you underestimate yourself at times. This was super good! Although I do think I would’ve preferred Chrissy’s other song instead, this was still a fantastically modern take on the Y2K/bad bitch vibes we wanted. I do think the song is a bit cringy at times, but I think it’s intended to be that way and the delivery for me, was good this week! Loved this.

NEVRA
N/A
360 days 15 hours ago
Maxi1234
In THIRD PLACE... with 30 points... also placing HIGH...
360 days 15 hours ago
Maxi1234
ARON with Boy Toy by Kristine Elezaj!

ALI
so like I didn't completely hate it, but don't care that much for it either. Like the song barely has any good production behind it. The vocals are there, but nothing spectacular... the song overall is safe in my book. You could have went bit more extreme, but I don't mind it.

MAX
I’m so happy you’re like… alive! This was SO fucking good. I truly did love it. My problem is that the song isn’t available on Spotify so we have to listen to the crunchy ass YouTube version of the song. Nonetheless, this was fresh, campy, fun and I can see this playing in a PG-13 Barbie movie where’s she headed to the club to snort coke with her friends. This served everything I wanted, and it gave me the Y2K fantasy that I needed. Job well done!

NEVRA
N/A
360 days 15 hours ago
Maxi1234
In FOURTH PLACE... with 26 points... placing SAFE...
360 days 15 hours ago
Maxi1234
DESHON with STRUT by EMELINE!

ALI
Well like I mentioned I knew the song already, and I gasped a bit when I saw it. Putting that aside, it's not bad for the theme. But damn doing two songs in a row that I already knew of, like the odds weren't in your favor lol. But I won't do too much on you since I know you have been trying to venture out from what you usually listen to, and I appreciate the efforts!

MAX
I think this was very… safe. I didn’t think you’d struggle this week, but I’m glad you managed to figure out the direction you wanted to go. I don’t think this was bad by any means, I just think it’s… okay. It fits the theme, but I would’ve loved to see you push a bit more boundaries with it. I think the beat is great though, and that’s mostly what carried this submission through for the week.

NEVRA
N/A
360 days 15 hours ago
Maxi1234
In FIFTH PLACE... with 24 points... winning the tiebreaker in a 2-1 vote and placing LOW...
360 days 15 hours ago
Maxi1234
MATT with The Party's Here by Clooney feat. R.C.!

ALI
kay it does go off, ngl, even tho I wish it didnt feature the male vocals. But what saves the song is that it never stops being catchy, like I was tapping my foot during second part of the song. Overall, I would say solid submission.

MAX
Oh, that dude ruined the song for me what the hell. He was extremely obnoxious to hear and I wanted to FIGHT him so bad. This was like, okay… I don’t know. It didn’t really give off Barbie vibes? It was giving Party Rock by LMFAO. I was living at times, and others… I was like… huh? Anyway, this was confusing. I think the other judges strangely lived though. So go them!

NEVRA
N/A
360 days 15 hours ago
Maxi1234
That leaves Galaxies, Jourdan and Kemi.
360 days 15 hours ago
Maxi1234
In FIRST PLACE... with 34 points... winning their FIRST challenge...
360 days 15 hours ago
Maxi1234
360 days 15 hours ago
Maxi1234
JOURDAN with Help! I'm a Fish by Creamy!

ALI
it's cute and bubbly, but the lyrics are so... like they don't fit the theme. Like the beat is is and sooo 2000's vibes. The theme is asking for "something that shows you're a rich, sassy, bad ass woman living in her own luxury world", and the lyrics are so off from what they needed to portray for me to dig it and rank it much higher, but it's still fun and something I can see Nevra and Max enjoying!

MAX
This was EVERYTHING I wanted from this week. I’m so happy you understood the theme and decided to go the camp route for your submission. This is not only a step outside your comfort zone, but a good one at that. I really think you proved that you’re here to win, and this week showcases that in the best of light! The beat was fantastic, and I can see myself shaking my boney ass to this in the movie theatre during the Barbie movie, good job!

NEVRA
N/A
360 days 15 hours ago
Maxi1234
That leaves Galaxies and Kemi up for elimination. A rivalry turned... friendship? neutralship?

We'll see how this turns out.
360 days 14 hours ago
JourdanBabyXoXo
OMG THANK YOU

open group

Max Ora Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!