This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

S4E02- Blind Auditions, Part 2

Topic » S4E02- Blind Auditions, Part 2

3324 days 8 hours ago
Oxygen
ARTISTS FEATURED IN TONIGHT'S EPISODE:

1. BANKS- "Change"
2. Ed Sheeran- "The A Team"
3. Chris Jamison- "Velvet"
4. Kelly Clarkson- "Heartbeat Song"
5. Hozier- "Work Song"
6. MAX- "Gibberish"
7. Celine Dion- "My Heart Will Go On"
8. Bjork- "Human Behaviour"
9. Bella Ferraro- "Skinny Love"
10. Empire Cast- "What Is Love"
11. Avril Lavigne- "Complicated"
12. Kacey Musgraves- "Follow Your Arrow"
13. Meghan Trainor- "Dear Future Husband"
14. Harrison Craig- "Dream a Little Dream on Me"
15. Taylor Swift- "Shake it Off"
3324 days 8 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: Hello everyone, and welcome to the second night of The Voice Blind Auditions! *crowd clapping*

Snow: To recap last night's premiere episode, Lauren picked up 5 acts, Dan picked up 3, and both Sam and Bernel picked up only one act each.

Snow: Now let's get this second night of Blinds started!
3324 days 8 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: Kicking off the night, it's Banks with "Change".

*Sam and Bernel would turn*

SAM:
Wow, hey Banks! This was surprisingly amazing! I did not know what to expect, and I truly was pleasantly surprised. The song was really nice to listen to and relaxing as well. I also love that you did an acoustic version of the song as opposed to a studio version. Your voice sounded so angelic and beautiful. You truly are one of the most talented singers I have heard so far. I really want to hear more of you, and if you choose me to be your coach, I can help you get far, as I can tell that you are truly special. Excellent job Banks, and good luck!

DAN:
While I loved your tone and simplicity of the performance, I just don't think I could help you very much, but good luck!

LAUREN:
Hey there! I thought this was really good, there definitely was something magical and mysterious about that audition. I was very close to pushing for you and I feel like down the line a may regret not pushing for you. Best of luck!

BERNEL:
Banks, I'm really intrigued by you. Everything about you just screams superstar to me. Your look is so unique, and your style is so cool. But your voice is what impressed me the most. For a live and acoustic song, you sounded absolutely phenomenal, like you can legit sing. I'm not really sure what kind of genre you'd fit in, and that excites me immensely. I'd love to have you on my team and work with you.

Dan: So Banks, which coach excites you the most?

Banks: For me, I'm going with.. Team Sam!

*clapping*
3324 days 8 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: Up next with "The A Team", it's Ed Sheeran!

*All four coaches would turn*

BERNEL:
Ed! Edd! Eddy! I loved this a lot. Your vibe was so chill and easy to listen to, it was so relaxing to watch you perform. I was relaxed, but never bored, because from start to finish this was such a passionate performance. I felt what you were singing, each and every word. I loved that this was just you and your guitar, it helped your connection to the audience, and it was just exceptional to watch. I'm obsessed with you, and would love to have you on my team!

DAN:
Your voice is so delicate and pure, it matched the song perfectly, I felt every word of it. From your performance that this song means a lot to you and you have had a struggle in life, but not no more, I want to help you win this show off that beautiful to everyone across the world who is missing out on it. This was sheer perfection and with you on my team, we would be unstoppable.

SAM:
Hey Ed! I thought that this was an excellent audition. I thought that the song was nice and sweet, and I loved that you did an acoustic version of the song (I know it pretty much is acoustic anyway, but I still like that isn't the studio version). Your voice was really nice and soft and honestly, beautiful. I would absolutely be honored to have you on my team, and I would make sure that you make it very far in this competition. Excellent job Ed, and good luck!

LAUREN:
Ed, that was fantastic! I loved how you managed to make your voice seem so haunting and so mysterious, but in such a soothing way. The way you delivered this audition was amazing, the message of the song with your voice just fit. I need a male on my team, and I would love that to be you. I want to be able to work with someone like you. Last years winner was a British male artist, and there's no reason why you can't follow in his footsteps. Best of luck! *smiles*

Sam: Ed, you got 4 chairs, but you can only pick one coach. Who will it be?

Ed: I'm going with Dan the Man!

*clapping*
3324 days 8 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: Singing "Velvet", it's Chris Jamison!

*Lauren and Bernel would turn*

SAM:
Hey Chris. I thought that this was a good performance, and your vocals were excellent, but it honestly bored me a little bit. I feel like you would perform the same type of music all the time, and it will get old quickly if that is what happens. Also, I feel like Lauren in particular would be a much better coach for you than I would. Sorry :/ Good luck to you though!

LAUREN:
I'm sorry, a lot of coaches probably wouldn't push for you, but that deserved a push and it deserves more pushes! That was explosive and your voice just blew me away! I'd love to work with you this season and see what else you have hidden away in your bag of tricks. Best of luck!

DAN:
You have a really strong falsetto which is great, but I personally didn't connect with you or the song so for me today it was a no, but good luck :)

BERNEL:
Fuck, I feel like I've been waiting for something all day and you just gave it to me Chris. You remind me of a mini Justin Timberlake, so listening to you perform was so good. I really loved every second of this, and just UGH. This was literally so good, so sexy too, not gonna lie. *fanning myself* Your runs and falsetto are up there with some of the best of the season so far, I think you're really, really talented, and I want nothing more then to be the coach to mentor you.

Lauren: Chris, what coach are you going to choose?

Chris: I'm choosing... Bernel!
3324 days 8 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: Singing "Heartbeat Song", we have Kelly Clarkson!

BERNEL:
Kelly, what WAS this? MINDBLOWING WAS WHAT THIS WAS! Your voice is really fine-tuned honestly, because about 95% of the other singers in the business would have likely oversang the hell out of this if they even had the capability to do what you do. But you not only showed how powerful you voice is, you managed to hit every single run, riff, high note, low note, EVERYTHING with such a control that made me feel like I was on a roller-coaster ride, but never did too much and made me feel like we were going off the tracks. I really loved this, and I would really love if you'd choose me to be your coach!

SAM:
Wow, hey Kelly! I absolutely loved this performance! The song was so fun and upbeat and positive, which I loved. What I loved even more was your amazingly powerful and beautiful voice. I did not hear one bad note in the song, and when I was afraid that you were going to be off pitch at several points, you were far from it. I would absolutely love to have you on #TeamSam because I especially know what to do with you, and I feel like I would really help you become the winner of the competition. Perfect job Kelly, and good luck!

DAN:
Your voice is so rocky and I loved it, I was dancing along,you worked the stage,killed the vocal and entered this competition with a bang! With me you will continue to do that so come on to Team-Dan :)

LAUREN:
Kelly, I loved this! What a great audition! I admire you so much for using a live song and it really worked for you here. I loved the vocals, and I loved the song choice! I would love to be able to work with you this season because I think I'm the only coach that understands country and understands that country to pop fusion and I can take you all the way. Best of luck!

Bernel: Which coach will you be joining Kelly?

Kelly: Thanks so much for all the support, but I'm going to have to go with.. Bernel!

*clapping*
3324 days 8 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: Our fifth contestant of the night is Hozier singing "Work Song".

*Lauren, Sam, and Bernel would turn*

DAN:
This was a really nice performance, but it wasn't one that urged me to push my button. Good luck though!

SAM:
Hozier, that was absolutely amazing! The song was really nice to listen to, and it actually felt like I was listening to art, and not just a random pop song. Your voice sounded so raw, powerful, and soulful. I feel like your music has such a high amount of emotion and soul, which I love. I would love for you to join my team so I can hear more of your music, and so I can help you become successful in the competition. Excellent job Hozier, and good luck!

BERNEL:
Hozier, I really loved this. Your sound and sense of style is so unique to just you, that I kind of knew who this was right off the bat. I'm a massive fan of you, I've had your whole album on repeat for months now, and I know that I'd be the best coach for you, 110%. You're extremely talented, extremely musical, a phenomenal singer and a phenomenal performer. I think you deserve a coach who knows how great you are, is dedicated to you completely, and knows your catalog, not just one song. So I'm the best coach for you, and you should pick me! #TeamBernel!

LAUREN:
Hozier, this was amazing! Historically on this show, not many male artists even apply let alone make it far, but you're definitely going to change that this season. Last years winner was a male artist, I'm sure you can follow in his footsteps. You're the definition of unique, and for me that's what the voice is all about. Join #TeamUnique and work with me. Best of luck!

Dan: You've impressed three coaches, which one do you want to mentor you?

Hozier: It's Team Sam for me!
3324 days 8 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: With "Gibberish", it's MAX.

*Only Bernel would be seen turning*

SAM:
Hey Max. I thought that this was a good performance, and your vocals were really nice and soulful. However, I feel like there were a few problems which caused me not to push. First of all, the song was really boring and repetitive as well. Secondly, I didn't think that it was really a good song lyrically, and that is important when you become a singer. Lastly, the rapper and the effects kind of ruined the performance a little bit for me. Sorry :/ Good luck though, Max!

DAN:
This was a fun performance but I don't think Team-Dan is for me, I would have said you would be great on Team-Sam :)

LAUREN:
Hey Max, this was a okay audition, but it isn't for me unfortunately. A lot of it was very repetitve and I just want to be blown away with every audition that I push for and that wasn't the case for this one. Best of luck though.

BERNEL:
I really loved this, and I wasn't expecting to! Your whole vibe is so urban and chill, and I feel like your music can go from the dance floor to the streets, you kind of transcend different genres. This got me moving and dancing, and I loved absolutely every second of this. I think that you can be the surprise dark horse of this competition and I'd love to have you on my team, because I actually have faith in you and think you can make it to the end.

*clapping*
3324 days 8 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: Singing "My Heart Will Go On", it's Celine Dion!

*Dan would be the only coach to turn*

BERNEL:
Hey Celine! Your voice is legendary, classic, one for the history books. But I don't think that you're really current enough to make it in this competiton, you feel a bit dated to me. I really think you would flourish on a team like Dan's, but not on mine.

SAM:
Hey Celine! I thought that this performance was nice, and the vocals were spectacular. However, it felt boring, and no matter how amazing your voice sounded, it didn't really make me interested in you, and it felt like an average performance for someone as talented as you. Also, I am not really sure if you have that much potential to do well in this show.

LAUREN:
Hey there, that was beautiful and it honestly was. There's only one reason I haven't turned and that's because I have worked with you before, in season one, and I think it's best you get the chance to work with one of the other three coaches. I do hope they turn because you are an enormous talent and you deserve to make it to the next stage of the competition. Best of luck.

DAN:
This song was actually played at a close friend of mines funeral so it means a lot to me,I think your voice faultless you looked beautiful and your voice matched. If there is any justice, you will make it to the end, and I'd love to be the coach to take you there <3

*clapping*
3324 days 8 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: Up next is Bjork singing "Human Behavior".

*No one would turn*

DAN:
I'm sorry, this just really wasn't my taste, the vocals were quite shakey, but on of the other judges may see something so good luck! :)

LAUREN:Hey there, this was very different to what we're used to here on The Voice and for that reason I have no idea how I felt towards this audition. I wasn't sure if I loved it, or disliked it. We only have 10 spots on our teams and for that reason I couldn't take the risk on you. Best of luck with the othe coaches though!

SAM:
Umm... hello? I am a little bit frightened after listening to this. It was definitely interesting, but not really in a good way. The song seemed like one big mess, and your voice was okay, but sounded weird. I don't really get why people think that this is beautiful art, because it makes no sense at all. Maybe another judge liked it, so good luck Bjork.

BERNEL:
Hey Bjork! I didn't turn for you because I don't really get you as an artist. Like you're quirky and odd, but I don't have total faith in your performance skills and your voice was a bit shaky. You lack the kind of magnetic persona that would make me wanna turn around or take you much farther than this round.

Sam: Wow, come back next year Bella!

*clapping*
3324 days 8 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: At the halfway point of tonight's show, let's see how the coaches have filled up tonight.

Snow: Lauren has picked up no acts thus far, leaving her with five acts. Dan has picked up British indie artist Ed Sheeran and Canadian pop artist Celine Dion, bringing his total of artists to five.

Snow: Bernel has racked up soul singer Chris Jamison, pop star Kelly Clarkson, and cover artist MAX, bringing him to four artists. Sam has picked up artist BANKS, and indie artist Hozier, bringing him to three acts.

Snow: Now on with the show!
3324 days 8 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: Up next, singing "Skinny Love", it's Bella Ferraro!

*Lauren, Dan, and Bernel would push*

LAUREN:
Hey Bella! "Skinny Love" is one of my all time favorite songs of all time and it is such a huge song to take on and I just couldn't seperate this one from the original one. That doesn't mean it wasn't good, it just means that for me personally it wasn't a stand out audition. I really do wish you the best of luck though!

SAM:
Bella, wow. That has to be one of the most beautiful performances I have ever heard. The song was so refreshing and I loved listening to you sing it. What I loved listening to even more was your raw, angelic voice. You sing with such passion and emotion, it really is beautiful. I would be absolutely honored to have you on my team and help you make your way to the finale and win the competition. Outstanding job Bella, and good luck! (heart)

BERNEL:
Bella, this was impressive. Like ridiculously good. Your voice gave me chills, goosies up and down my arms, and the most insane part was that in the higher parts of the song you didn't even sound like you were going into a falsetto, you were just kind of still singing from your chest voice, which is insane. Like gurl you can really SANG, you can SING. I think that you're a true talent and I'd be honored to have you on my team, because we can take this all the way Ms. Bella Ferraro!

DAN:
I nearly fell asleep in my chair because your voice is so soothing and silk-like, you have really unique runs which makes you that little more special. This performance was insane, I have tears in my eyes because your voice, this performance was so perfect. I can't say anymore, just speechless.

Dan: Which coach are you going to choose Bella?

Bella: For me, I have to go with.. Dan!

*clapping*
3324 days 8 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: Singing "What Is Love", it's the Empire Cast!

*No coaches would turn*

SAM:
Hey guys. I thought that while this song was beautiful and the high note at the end was amazing, there was a few problems. First of all, while the woman sounded absolutely beautiful, she also sounded beyond extremely autotuned. Secondly, I don't really think I would like the whole cast, and if I am going to choose to turn for a cast of a show like this, I want to make sure I like almost everyone at least. Lastly, I feel like Bernel would be 100x better as a coach for you than I would. Sorry :/ Good luck though!

BERNEL:
Your voice is really solid, but I don't really think that we'd be a good fit. You're a very current and very popular artist, but I'm not 100% sold on you right now. I think that you're definitely someone that I would love to steal in the future, once some of the kinks have been worked out with you performance-wise. But great job.

DAN:
That really was a great performance but I just don't think there is a spot for you on my team, but good luck!

LAUREN:
Hey there, firstly the link was not avaliable in my country so I had to use an alternative version of this song. This was actually good and a brave choice. As a coach, in the blind auditions, you have to know when to take risks and when to let GOOD artists go and for me today you just fell on the wrong side of that choice. Me not pushing my button does not mean you're not good. Best of luck and I do hope to see more of you *looks at the other coaches*

Dan: Come back next year!

*clapping*
3324 days 8 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: Singing "Complicated", it's Avril Lavigne!

SAM:
Hey Avril! I absolutely loved this audition! The song was really nice to listen to, and fun. Your voice is really nice as well. I like that your genre of music is something that doesn't have a lot of female artists in it, and yet you do a perfect job with your music. I would love to have you on my team because I know a lot of your music, so I would know what you should perform and when you should perform it, which is important if you want to go far in this competition. Great job Avril, and good luck!

BERNEL:
The punk-rock princess! I'd absolutely L-O-V-E to have you on my team because I think that you can win the whole thing. You're one of my all time favorite singers and all time favorite artists, because you're so unabashedly yourself and you can actually really fucking sing. Your voice is extremely distinctive and your style is just as iconic. I've worked with singers like you before so I think I would know just how to take you to the top spot. I can promise you total dedication and commitment, and I'd love for you to win this season with me supporting you all the way, because you can win!

DAN:
You have brought a breath of fresh air to the competition, this performance was so fun and edgy :) I think we would have so much fun working together! Good job!

LAUREN:
Hey there! This was amazing! It really intrigued me that you auditioned with a song from Avril's older collection, but that's half the reason I pushed my button. You showed you was not afraid to risk your one chance on an older song, which by the way was a great song choice and I have a personal preference to Avril's older collection. I love her entire catalogue and I would love to be able to explore them all with you, and maybe even coming back to this when you're singing for the win. You're a pop-rock princess. Best of luck!

Lauren: Who are you going to choose Avril?

Avril: I'm going with Bernel!

*clapping*
3324 days 8 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: Up next is Kacey Musgraves with "Follow Your Arrow".

*Only Bernel would turn*

SAM:
Hey Kasey. I actually really enjoyed the song, and I loved the message that you gave with it. However, your voice was rather dull, and I am not the biggest country fan, so I didn't think that I would be a very good coach for you. I do think that someone like Lauren would be a good coach for you though, so good luck!

LAUREN:
Hey there! That was really good, like honestly it was! The only reason I didn't turn is because I have someone just like you on my tem already and I don't think it would be fair for me to put you on my team when I've already promised them I would do as much as possible to advance them. I feel like you would both be playing for the same spot. I do dig this though, it is definitely my thing and for that reason I will be paying close attention to you in The Battles if you make it. Best of luck!

DAN:
I thought you had a nice voice and it was a funny song but it just wasn't for me today, but good luck :)

BERNEL:
Kacey, I loved this! I don't have a country artist on my team yet this season, so on my team you are a one of a kind gem. Your tone is so beautiful to listen to, and this Live performance showed that you can really, truly sing. I'm actually a big fan of yours outside of this competition, so being able to work with you would be a huge honor. Good luck!

*clapping*
3324 days 8 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: Singing "Dear Future Husband", it's Meghan Trainor!

*Sam, Lauren, and Bernel would turn*

DAN:
This was a super fun audition but I feel you would be better on one of the other teams, you had me bouncing along, I couldn't help but smile.

BERNEL:
WOO! Go Meghan! This was so cute and spunky and feisty, like I loved watching you and listening to you, it was so much fun. Your vocals were on point the entire time, and you put on a really good show for us judges. I'm so glad that I pushed my button for you because I think that you're a star that can take this thing all the way to the end! I'd love to have you on my team and I'd love for you to pick me!

LAUREN:
WOO! That was a great audition Meghan! I loved it, it was fun, it was catchy. I loved the fusion of the old and new, it just worked and it represents you at your best. Let's get some perspective here, there are some coaches on here that promise you the final four, but then they promise that to the other 9 members of their team too, anything to get you on their team, but they can't get you all the way to the finale. What I can promise you though is I will work my butt off to work with you and work towards advancing as far as possible. Would you rather a coach that lies to you or a coach you can work with to acheive the placement you deserve with a voice like that? Good luck!

SAM:
Hey Meghan! I liked this performance a lot. I thought that the song was nice and fun, and I thought that your voice was soulful and just really good. I loved the doo-wop style of the song, but if you come onto my team, I would  want to see you extend out into different styles of music as well. I feel like I could help you get very far, as long as your performances are diverse, and not just the same sound for everything. Great job Meghan, and good luck!

Dan: Who are you choosing Meghan?

Meghan: I can't believe I got three chairs, and I'm going to have to go with... Lauren!

*clapping*

open group

The Voice Season 4: The Battles

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!