This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

S4E03- Blind Auditions, Part 3

Topic » S4E03- Blind Auditions, Part 3

3326 days 13 hours ago
Oxygen
ARTISTS FEATURED IN TONIGHT'S EPISODE:

1. Selena Gomez- "Love You Like A Love Song"
2. Imagine Dragons- "Warrior"
3. Amanda Brown- "Valerie"
4. Tim McIlrath- "Savior"
5. Rupaul- "Geronimo"
6. Nicki Minaj- "The Night Is Still Young"
7. Tori Kelly- "Nobody Love"
8. Natalia Kills- "Problem"
9. Paramore- "Decode"
10. Christina Perri- "Tragedy"
11. The Vamps- "Hurricane"
12. Madilyn Bailey- "Titanium"
13. Sarah Geronimo- "Let It Go"
14. The Wanted- "Walks Like Rihanna"
3326 days 13 hours ago
Oxygen
*NOTE: Comments from Lauren disappeared due to a technical malfunction, so most artists will not receive a comment from her in the episode. They did, in fact, receive a comment from her during filming.
3326 days 13 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: Hello folks, and welcome to the third Blind Audition episode of The Voice, Tengaged's number 1 singing show that's dedicated to finding you the best talent in the land.

Snow: In last night's episode, Lauren added two artists to her team, bringing her grand total to 7 acts. Dan picked up 4 artists, bringing his total to 7 as well. Bernel picked up 5 acts, bringing him up to 6, and Sam picked up only two acts, bringing him up to 3 artists.

Snow: With all that being said, let's see how the coaches stack up tonight!
3326 days 13 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: First up, singing "Love You Like A Love Song", it's Selena Gomez.

*Only Bernel would turn*

DAN:
For me the song didn't vocally go anywhere, it was very repetitive but you do have a good voice so I wish you the best of luck!

SAM:
Hey Selena. First of all, I would like to say that I did enjoy listening to the song, and I do think that you have a pretty good voice. However, I feel like you are not very talented enough for me to want to push for you, and you kind of sounded oddly quiet and weird throughout the song. I feel that if you were to move on, it should be through Lauren or Dan, not me. Good luck!

BERNEL:
Hey gurl, I'm glad to see you here again on the show! This is one of my all time favorite songs, because I love how your voice sounds and I love how bombastic the chorus is. You really killed this song and I think you and I could make a wonderful partnership, because unlike some other coaches, I don't have anyone like you on my team! I think we can do extremely well, so I'd love to get to work with you!

*clapping*
3326 days 13 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: Singing "Warrior", it's Imagine Dragons!

*Lauren, Dan, and Bernel would push*

LAUREN:
Hey guys! That was superb! I really enjoyed that audition is was so different to what we're used to here on The Voice and let's be honest, no one does different as good as me. I got OneRepublic to the finale in season two and I got them the win, there's no other coach here that can claim they got a band to win. I loved your vocals, I loved the song choice and I would really love to add you to my team. I'd like you to take a risk and not pick someone that has worked with Imagine Dragons on this show and NOT given them the win.. I really want you guys and I'm prepared to fight for you this season. #TeamLauren

DAN:
There is no one in this competition remotely like you, you are new, fresh and belong on my team! I was just rocking out to your raw, gritty, epic vocals. I think you will be warriors in this competition.

BERNEL:
So ID, you may not know this but I've had you on my team before in the past, and I must say it was a beautiful partnership! You are my favorite band on the planet, and I know your music like the back part of my hand. I am obsessed with the build of this song, and Dan (the lead singer), your voice sounded absolutely EPIC. Like I'm genuinely obsessed with everything about you. I may not have won with a group before but I think that you and me, this will be our season! Good luck, but pick me as your coach because I actually KNOW you guys as a group and I can really help you advance!

SAM:
Hey guys. I thought that the performance was good, but I definitely do not think I would be the right coach for you. The song was intense and it was pretty good, but in a way, the intensity of it annoyed me a lot. Your vocals seemed more like screaming to me than singing, in all honesty. I do feel like another coach will push for you though, so good luck.

Sam: So who are you going to pick?

ID: I think I'm going to go with... Dan!

*clapping*
3326 days 13 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: Singing "Valerie", it's Amanda Brown!

*No one would turn*

DAN:
As much as I enjoyed the performance, it was just missing a little something for me, maybe that particular song didn't give you the opportunity to fully show what you are capable of, but good luck!

SAM:
Hey Amanda. I thought that this was a decent performance, but for me, it could have been much better. This is such a great song by Amy Winehouse, and I feel like this was just an average, karaoke version of it. Your voice is nice, but not nice enough in my opinion for you to be “the voice”. Sorry, I do think that Bernel may push though, so good luck!

BERNEL:
Amanda, I really didn't love this like I've loved some other performances tonight. I think your performance was a teeny weeny bit basic. Like it wasn't my all time favorite that I've heard. Your voice was kind of flat in a lot of parts and screechy in others. This just wasn't the best performance so far.

*clapping*
3326 days 13 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: Singing "Savior", it's Tim Mcllrath!

*No one would turn*

BERNEL:
I don't really think that you're the kind of artist for me Tim. You're a bit heavy metal/rock 'n roll, and that's pretty much the only genre of music that I don't listen to regularly. So if you were on my team, I wouldn't be doing you a huge service because I wouldn't be able to mentor you in the way you need.

DAN:
This was a really good vocal and I love the rock aspect, I think the energy you put into the performance may have had an effect on your vocals, but it was still fun to listen to so thank you :)

SAM:
Umm…hello I guess? I really did not enjoy this at all. I hate metal/rock music like this for the most part, and the song was really annoying and boring for me. Your voice was okay, but nothing special. I do not see you doing well if someone pushes for you, which I can’t see happening with anyone except maybe Dan, and I doubt he would push. Good luck!

*clapping*
3326 days 13 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: Up next is Rupaul singing "Geronimo".

*No one would turn*

BERNEL:
Ru, if we were going off of catchiest song or most entertaining, then you would've gotten a four chair turn because that was ICONIC. But this is The Voice, so I have to be fair. And your vocals were rather non-existent. You sounded like R2-D2 on crack, and we can't really have that here. This is one of the catchiest and boppiest songs on the planet though, so good audition.

SAM:
Hello Rupaul. I really hate to break it to you, because I feel like you are a great role model/leader in the LGBTQ community, but this was a mess. The song was annoying and had no substance whatsoever, and your vocals were mediocre at best. I do feel like you are extremely entertaining, but this is a competition to find the best singer, not the best entertainer. Sorry :/ I can see Bernel pushing, so good luck!

DAN:
That was umm... really something, interesting shall I say :) The beat was fun, but I don't think vocally you would be able to keep up with your competition, but good luck all the same!

*clapping*
3326 days 13 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: Singing "The Night Is Still Young", it's Nicki Minaj!

*Sam and Bernel would turn*

SAM:
Hey Nicki! I loved this performance so much. The song was really nice, and it actually felt like it had meaning to it, unlike a lot of other rap songs. Your rapping was amazing, and to me, you didn't sound annoying at all. Your singing voice is also extremely nice as well. I would love to have a rapper on my team, and I definitely think you are the one that I want. I think that you have a lot of potential to do really well, and become the first rapper to win the show. Amazing job Nicki, and good luck!

DAN:
I loved the song, but the vocal behind it was not strong or distinctive enough for me, I loved your rapping though! :) good luck!

BERNEL:

Queen Onika Tonya Maraj! This is such a good number for you to come here and audition with, because it really shows off a different side of you, and I'm just living for it! You didn't come out and do a vulgar rap, or a sweet ballad, you came out with a Top 40 banger and you KILLED it! I would love to be able to work with you, so pick me!

Dan: So who are you going to choose Nicki?

Nicki: I'm going to go with... Sam!

*clapping*
3326 days 13 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: Singing "Nobody Love", it's Tori Kelly!

*Dan, Sam, and Bernel would push*

DAN:
You are a star. No doubt. Your vocal control, power and tone all amount you to you being an absolute beast in this competition. You're current, cool and fun and I know we would be supreme together in this competition, so please, come on Team-Dan! I can't get over how inedible you are, wow, just WOW! I am only turning for the best because I have limited space on my team, and you are most definitely worth it!

SAM:
Wow, hey Tori! I loved this song so much that immediately after listening to it, I bought it on ITunes. It was that good. It had such a nice, positive feel to it, which made me fall in love with it. My favorite part, however, was your vocals. You have such a beautiful and powerful voice, and you truly are one of the best singers I have heard, ever. That note towards the end was to DIE for. I would absolutely be honored to have you on my team, as I want to hear more of you and I also want to help you get to the end and win, like you deserve. Excellent job Tori, and good luck! (heart)

BERNEL:
Tori this was an exceptional performance, it had me wrapped up from the very beginning. The main thing to get out of the way here is that you can SING, like SING. You had your alternating moments of Christina Aguilera-esque belting throughout the number, but towards the end, one of those last runs blew me away! You're one of the most shocking auditioners we've seen thus far, and I wasn't expecting to find someone so talented so late in the game, but I'm glad we did. I hope you choose me to be your coach!

Lauren: So who are you going to choose Tori?

Tori: I choose.. Dan!

*clapping*
3326 days 13 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: At the mid-point of tonight's episode, let's see what's happening with the teams!

Snow: Bernel has picked up Selena Gomez, bringing his total of acts to 7. Dan has picked up Imagine Dragons and Tori Kelly, bringing his total number of acts to 9. Sam has picked up Nicki Minaj, bringing his total to 4 acts. And Lauren has gained none, leaving her with 7 acts.

Snow: Now on with the show!
3326 days 13 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: Singing "Problem", it's Natalia Kills!

*Sam and Lauren would turn*

NATALIA KILLS-

LAUREN:
AGH! I honestly didn't expect to be pushing for you tonight, but that's the beauty of this competition. You made me push and I have nobody like you on my team at the moment so I would love to be able to work with you this season. I also think you could be a hit with the public. Some might call me crazy, but I know me pushing was the right decision. I just want to see more from you! Best of luck!

SAM:
Hey Natalia! I really enjoyed this performance a lot. I thought that the song was nice and I liked the intensity of it. I also liked the badass vibe that I got from you throughout the song. Your voice sounds really nice, and I feel like you have a very unique sound, which is great for a competition like this. I really want to see more of you, and I would love to help you get further into this competition. If you pick me as your coach, I will make sure you make it as far as you can possibly get. Great job Natalia, and good luck!

DAN:
I enjoyed the actual song, it was quite different to everything we've heard so far but for me your voice itself wasn't the most impressive we've heard, but good luck!

BERNEL:
I don't know, I thought this was so fucking catchy but I'm not 100% sure about your vocals. This was so catchy and urban and hard and chic, but it was lacking in the vocal department a lot. I kind of hope that you come back next year and maybe show us a softer side of yourself, because you do have potential.

Bernel: So who are you going to choose?

Natalia: For me, it's 100% Sam!

*clapping*
3326 days 13 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: Singing "Decode", it's Paramore!

*Dan, Sam, and Bernel would push*

DAN:
I just need to pick my jaw up off the floor, never mind blowing the roof off the place, I think that vocal just alienated a part of the planet. You are a little rock goddess and I would be thrilled to have you on Team-Dan! I have very little space on my team now and I only turn for the best, which you are.

SAM:
Hey Paramore, I loved your performance a lot! I thought that the song was really nice to listen to, and I enjoyed how you guys did an acoustic version of the song. I thought that Hayley has a really beautiful and powerful voice, and I have huge respect for her, considering how she can do so well in a genre predominantly filled by men. I would love to have you guys on my team so I can help you get far in the competition, and it would be great for another group to win, and I think you guys are the right group for that. Great job Paramore, and good luck!

BERNEL:
I'm so glad that you auditioned, because you are easily my all time favorite band and seeing you just brightened up my whole day! I'm also really happy that you chose Decode to audition with and also stripped it down, because it made the whole song 10 times better. The original song is so highly produced and this acoustic version really showed the power behind your voice. Like you had some belting parts that I didn't even know you can hit, and I have literally every single song that you've ever released. Great, great job.

Lauren: Paramore, it's up to you. Which coach are you going to choose?

Paramore: I'm going to go with Sam!

*clapping*
3326 days 13 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: Up next is Christina Perri singing "Tragedy".

*Lauren, Sam, and Bernel would push*

LAUREN:
Hey Christina! That was really good, I loved that it was slow and soft, but it had so much power. You've got a very distinctive voice and that's one of the reasons I pushed. I would love to be able to work with you this season and coach you. You're a star in the making.. You really are! I honestly think you could be a dark horse of the competition. Best of luck!

SAM:
Hey Christina. I thought that this performance was excellent. I thought that the song was really nice, and I liked that it was acoustic. I liked your soulful, raw, and powerful vocals a lot as well. I think that you have a lot of potential to do well, and I would love to help you get far in this competition. Also, I really want to hear more of your music and if you choose me as your coach, I would help you be diverse when performing, instead of performing the same types of performances constantly. Great job though, Christina, and good luck!

BERNEL:
I really loved this Christina. This song had a really haunting feel to it, it felt like it could be playing in the end credits of a sad film or in the background of a haunted house. You sounded absolutely ethereal, like from another planet girl, you crushed that! You're one of my favorite singers and I'd love to have you on my team!

DAN:
The vocal was nice, as was the song, but at this stage I have to be super picky, I probably would have turned if this was at the beginning of the auditions and I had more room on my team, but this time I couldn't good luck :)

Dan: You got three chairs Christina, but who are you going to choose?

Christina: I'm going with.. Sam!

*clapping*
3326 days 13 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: Up next is The Vamps with "Hurricane".

*No one would turn around*

DAN:
Awww, I should have turned, the girls will go crazy over you! But  I have next to no space left :( good luck and good performance guys!

SAM:
Hey guys. I thought that this was a good performance, but I didn’t really feel motivated enough to push. The song was nice to listen to, and it was fun and positive, which I liked. You guys are all good singers, but I don’t necessarily feel like you guys are that talented to be the winners of the show. Sorry :/ Maybe another coach feels differently, so good luck!

BERNEL:
Boys, the reason that I didn't push was because I felt like you weren't serving me anything that I hadn't already heard a trillion times before. Your playing sometimes sounded a bit like it was made by a bunch of instruments that got thrown in the dryer. Like it just wasn't good.

Lauren: Awh, come back next year!

*clapping*
3326 days 13 hours ago
Oxygen
Snow: With "Titanium", here's Madilyn Bailey.

*Only Sam would turn*

SAM:
Wow, Madilyn. That was absolutely beautiful. I love this song from Sia, and your cover was just as good, if not better than her rendition. I feel like the laid back, piano version made the lyrics have more of an emotional, softer feel than the intense, powerful feel in the original. Your voice is so beautiful and angelic, and also very powerful. I would absolutely love to have you on my team so I can hear more of you, and also so I could help you get very far into the competition, and maybe even win. Beautiful job Madilyn, and good luck!

BERNEL:
The reason that I didn't push for you is the same reason that I had for a few other artists, I didn't hear anything new or unique. Your voice is BEYOND, let's just get that out of the way. But I was really bored while listening to this, and you didn't really give me anything that I felt like I should turn around for.

DAN:
The amount of auto-tune added to your voice was a real shame because I think without it you would be just as good, if not, better :P good luck though bud!

*clapping*

open group

The Voice Season 4: The Battles

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!