This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S1] Auditions 5: Illinois

Topic » [S1] Auditions 5: Illinois

2550 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
2550 days 14 hours ago
TommyD

Hello and welcome to the last day of this seasons auditions! It’s been a such a great start to the series with auditions really wowing our judges. Now we are here in Chicago, Illinois for our last auditions!

But first, we have an announcement! Rodrigo has had to leave the panel, but we have our brand new permanent judge Brandon! –claps-

So let us welcome our judges to their last day of auditions!

Tommy!
Carly-Jay!
Brandon!
Nehemiah!

Let’s get started with the auditions!
2550 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
First up from the Girls category, It’s Taylor Swift!

Tommy: I love this, I loved that you went with a live performance and that you put so much character into the audition. You told a real story, and I love that singing can do that. You have a great voice and I’m excited to see what more you can offer!

Carly-Jay: It had some pitchy moments, but overall not bad.

Brandon: I think overall your vocals were great and the song choice was great as well. 

Nehmiah: Very nice country song. The flow was very sweet and your voice kept it very energetic. Not bad.

#JudgesVerdict

Tommy: YES!
Carly-Jay: It’s a YES for now!
Brandon: YES!
Nehemiah: Yes!

Taylor impresses all of the judges all the way to #Bootcamp! Well done!
2550 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
Next to perform, sticking with the girls – Adele!

Carly-Jay: It’s obvious what I’m going to say. This was just brilliance.

Brandon: Adele, I think overall you did a good job. Your vocals were great and I really enjoyed your performance.

Nehemiah: That soul. The effortless. The genuine connection of you and your voice. Just wow.

Tommy: Wow! Some people are making it so hard to say anything negative about the audition process when they deliver auditions like this! How can I say anything, but superb?!

#JudgesVerdict

Carly-Jay: YES!
Nehmiah: Yes.

Adele WOW’s the judges and moves on to the next stage of the competition!
2550 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
Moving onto the groups, The Script!

Brandon: I really enjoyed your performance, overall this was a great performance your vocals were amazing and I really enjoyed your performance.

Nehmiah: Ooh yes I loved this song. Very very good. Like beat, the twang, the flow. Yes that was very very good.

Tommy: I liked this, it wasn’t amazing, but for an audition it was good and I can see that you’re different enough to go far in this competition. I’d like to see more from you, rather than you leave this competition prematurely.

Carly-Jay: Very nice audition song, however, I’m interested in seeing how you will top this.

#JudgesVerdict

Nehmiah: Yes!
Tommy: For now, yes!
Carly-Jay: For now, it’s a YES!

The Script sail through to the next round!
2550 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
Back over to the girls, Lauren Murray!

Nehemiah: You do have a nice soulful voice but this just was not a good performance.

Tommy:  Apart from the faulty start, this was incredible! I loved it! You have such a mature singing voice for such a young age. I feel like you could not only give the girls a run for their money, but the overs too! Well done!

Carly-Jay: Very strong audition and I’m intrigued by your vocal prowess!

Brandon: I think in the beginning it was a little scrappy but you over came it and did a great job singing. Your vocals were great!

#JudgesVerdict

Nehemiah: No.
Carly-Jay: It’s a Yes!
Brandon: NO!

Lauren fails to gain a majority vote and doesn’t make it to the next stage of the competition. We wish her all the best on her way.
2550 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
Over to the Overs now, Jennifer Phillips!

Tommy: I’m not going to lie, I was unsure at the start and it was for sure a no, and then you did this thing and you just won over everyone including myself. I can’t explain what it was that you did, it was crazy, but your voice reached peaks and I loved it!

Carly-Jay: You brought the church to us and I’m here for it!

Brandon: I think your vocals were great there was a few minor issues but overall this was great!

Nehemiah: Yas girl bring the church up in here right now. That's how you slay a gospel song.

#JudgesVerdict

Tommy: Yes!
Brandon: NO

Jennifer is thankful to make it to the next stage: #Bootcamp!
2550 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
A big group now, it’s Musicality!

Carly-Jay: I’m interested in what you could bring to this competition. This was a bit somber, but not bad.

Brandon: I think overall you guys did a solid job.

Nehemiah: Wow that actually was pretty sweet and nice.

Tommy: I think with this audition, it was good, but I was hoping to like it a little more than I actually did. It didn’t have that moment for me where I was like these guys NEED to be in Bootcamp and that is what I look for, it was quite the same throughout. I love that you’re a large group, and I love hat you rehearse where you can, but I don’t think it’s enough for this competition.

#JudgesVerdict

Brandon: NO
Nehemiah: Yes
Tommy: It’s a no sorry!

Musicality fail to impress all of the judges and therefore will not be making it to Bootcamp! We wish them the best.
2550 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
Sticking with the groups, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds!

Brandon: I didn't enjoy your performance, it was a bit all over the place and if I was in your shoes auditioning I would've gave my all and the best I have so moving forward I hope to see a better performance vocally and better song choice that truly shows who you guys are as an artist and show you can truly sing.

Nehemiah: No just no sorry

Tommy: This just was not my thing at all, and it was quite scary if I’m honest! I love different, I stand for different, but everything has it’s limitations and I just did not get it.

Carly-Jay: This was just….yeah. No words really.

#JudgesVerdict

Brandon: No
Nehemiah: No.
Tommy: I’m sorry it’s no
Carly-Jay: NO!

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds fail to make the cut. Good luck to them in the future.
2550 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
John Legend is hoping to turn things around.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NmCFY1oYDeM

Nehemiah: I liked it, R&B with a mix of pop. Not bad.

Tommy: I liked this a lot! The Overs are shaping up to be a really strong category and I can’t picture it without you in that line up! I loved the song, your voice is incredible and I can’t wait to see more from you!

Carly-Jay: Your voice is so soulful and full of talent. I’m happy to see you in this competition!

Brandon: John this was a great performance, your vocals were spot on the song choice was great and overall this was great. 

#JudgesVerdict

Carly-Jay: 100% Yes!
Brandon: Yes!

John makes it to #Bootcamp, where he will be performing for your vote!
2550 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
Over to the boys now, Seann Miley Moore!

Tommy: I think this has to be up there as one of the strongest auditions this season. You had such conviction in every word, you believed it which made us believe it. You have an amazing voice and I felt like you were really singing for that place at Bootcamp! This is incredible!

Carly-Jay: The show must go on and so must you!

Brandon: John this was a great performance, your vocals were spot on the song choice was great and overall this was great. 

Nehemiah: *Standing Ovation* That's what I call putting your heart into a damn performance.

#JudgesVerdict

Tommy: 100% yes! You make me want the Boys category!
Carly-Jay: It’s a YES!
Brandon: YES
Nehemiah: It's going to be a no for me though.....I'm just kidding you're going to Bootcamp!!!!

With Nehemiah scaring Seann, he makes it through to Bootcamp with 4 YES votes! Well done!
2550 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
Back to the Overs, Celine Dion!

Carly-Jay: YES! That is all.

Brandon: I really enjoyed your performance, vocally you did a phenomenal job.

Nehemiah: A little too long to build up don't ya think? Strong vocals but I think you're extra and that doesn't send me good vibes in an artist.

Tommy: Absolutely incredible! Your voice is just so so pretty and powerful! I loved it, you could hear a pin drop as everyone was just fixated by you!

#JudgesVerdict

Carly-Jay: YAS QUEEN!
Nehemiah: No
Tommy: YES YES YES!

Celine makes it through with 3 YES votes! We will see her again at Bootcamp!
2550 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
Penultimate audition of the season now, Jeffery Austin!

Brandon: I really enjoyed your performance, your vocals were amazing and I really see you going far in this competition.

Nehemiah: Smooth and nice vocals. I thought this was pretty good.

Tommy: Very strong! I loved that it was just you and your voice, it makes for such a good audition. I loved the middle arch and when you got up, you had so much confidence and that’s part of The X Factor!

Carly-Jay: You have such texture to your voice and I’m in love with it!

#JudgesVerdict

Nehemiah: Yes.

Jeffery joins the successful boys in Bootcamp! Well done!
2550 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
Right, time for the LAST audition of the season, let’s make it count! It’s Jarmo!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NU0CiZ9Tr7s

Nehemiah: You are still young so your voice would most definitely mature over the years but for right now I think you got something good going.

Tommy: This was good, but it wasn’t fantastic! You’re a little star, but I’m unsure about your potential in this competition. You really have to deliver the star potential, you’re not going to get through simply because you’re a young boy!

Carly-Jay: You have so much potential and I’m intrigued.

Brandon: I think you did a great job singing to be soo young and sing the way you did was truly amazing. Your vocals were great and overall it was a great performance.

#JudgesVerdict

Nehemiah: Yes
Tommy: For now, yes!
Carly-Jay: For now, it’s a yes!

With advice, Jarmo still makes it to Bootcamp with 4 YES’! Well done!
2550 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
That’s the last of the auditions, let’s check out who makes it through to Bootcamp!

#Boys
Hovig (andrewvaughan17)
Bruno Mars (Shabootyquiqui3)
Shawn Mendes (Mybash_)
Saint Raymond (WANJ)
Joe McElderry (boozes)
Darren Espanto (Stupendous)
Fernando Daniel (DrG2)
Olly Murs (MIchelle990)
Ed Sheehan (Maicolx3)
Sam Tsui (RyanAndrews)
---FROM TODAY---
Seann Miley Moore (Abnormal)
Jeffery Austin (MJFJUNE)
Jarmo (epicwafflez23)

#Girls
Ariana Grande (Shabootyquiqui3)
Hailee Steinfeld (Mybash_)
Kiana Ledé (aj1111)
Ella Henderson (WANJ)
Anna Graceman (Rocketokid13)
Louisa Johnson (boozes)
Selena Gomez (Dimitra)
Charice Pempengco (Stupendous)
Morissette Amon (Stupendous)
Wizzy (DrG2)
Rihanna (MIchelle990)
---FROM TODAY---
Taylor Swift (SummerRae101)
Adele (Maicolx3)

#Overs
Lady Gaga (Shabootyquiqui3)
Kelly Clarkson (Mybash_)
Brendon Urie (tditdatdwt123)
Justin Timberlake (WANJ)
Alicia Keys (VictoriaW)
Nicole Scherzinger (boozes)
Judika (DrG2)
Beyonce (MIchelle990)
Sia (Maicolx3)
---FROM TODAY---
Jennifer Phillips (RyanAndrews)
John Legend (flippo135)
Celine Dion (Abnormal)

#Groups
Cascada (andrewvaughan17)
Fifth Harmony (Shabootyquiqui3)
Twenty One Pilots (tditdatdwt123)
Little Mix (aj1111)
Clean Bandit (ryan5676)
OneRepublic (WANJ)
The Pussycat Dolls (boozes)
Maroon 5 (VictoriaW)
OG3NE (DrG2)
Pentatonix (MIchelle990)
---FROM TODAY---
The Script (Maicolx3)

Well done to everyone!
2550 days 14 hours ago
TommyD
So there you have it, our Bootcamp performers. Now, with auditions at an end, we move on to #Bootcamp! And it’s going to be CUTTHROAT!

Both the Judges and the voting public have equal say in who moves on and who is eliminated and only 20 will make it! It’s going to be the biggest cut of the season!

We will be back on Friday for the first round of Bootcamp!

Have a good day!

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!