This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S12] The Auditions (Round 3)

Topic » [S12] The Auditions (Round 3)

1401 days 9 hours ago
TommyD
A new non-live episode of The X Factor 12: The Auditions is about to be posted!

Three or Four YES votes from the panel will send you through to the next stage of the competition - The Judgement!

Running order:
01. Makenzie Thomas (DrG2)
02. Diana Rouvas (DrG2)
03. Billie Eilish (Ajathekween)
04. Tove Lo (Ajathekween)
05. Chloe x Halle (Ajathekween)
06. Tori Kelly (Rubes)
07. Linus Hemker (ryan5676)
08. Masha Mnjoyan (ryan5676)
09. Johnny Manuel (ryan5676)
10. Neon Jungle (ryan5676)
11. Low Cut Connie (Royal1836)
12. Alyona Yarushina (Moviemusicguy123)

Best of luck!
1401 days 9 hours ago
TommyD

Good evening and welcome to The X Factor! *cheers*

We are on the search for the twelfth singing sensation of tengaged with a little help from our friends, it's The X Factor panel!

Tommy, Jack, Michael and Nehemiah! *claps*

Let The Auditions continue...
1401 days 9 hours ago
TommyD
01. Makenzie Thomas "Big White Room" (DrG2)

TOMMY:
*claps*
It is crazy how effortless this sounded. You really took this song on and delivered it beautifully. You have so many moments throughout this that as judges we could really listen to. I think the girls are really strong this season, and you're for sure up there with them already! A really nice starting point, well done!

JACK:
What a lovely way to start off set 3 of auditions. I think your song choice tonight really reflected the amount of work you are going to put in and I am so excited for you to hit the stage next because I am going to fight for you all the way.

MICHAEL:
Beautiful performance! One of my favorite auditions so far this season. I could watch this performance forever without getting bored out of it. You have to be amazing to pull off a Jessie J song and you were. Its gonna be tough to beat that tonight for me. Amazing job!

NEHEMIAH:
I love watching you sing because I feel like you know that you are talented and your time to shine is only just to come.

*claps* 

#JudgesVerdicts
Tommy - YES
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Tommy: Congratulations, with four votes you are through to the next stage of the competition! *claps*
1401 days 9 hours ago
TommyD
02. Diana Rouvas "Vision of Love" (DrG2)

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
You have an incredible, powerful and stunning voice! You gave such a controlled performance and that excited me because you are a ready made finalist for this show! You can show us something beautiful each stage and that excites me! There's no doubt in my mind that you should be making it to the next stage of the competition.

JACK:
Tonight we saw you live how you want. Be who you want. Perform how you want to which meant tonight we heard an amazing song, with amazing lyrics with you picking an amazing song to accompany your voice.

MICHAEL:
Oh man tonight is looking like it might be the best audition episode of the season. You are definitely gonna be a powerhouse in the competition and I would hate to be on the same team as you if I was a contestant. Fantastic job tonight!

NEHEMIAH:
Back in season 9 was just a major trainwreck so I’m glad you are back so we can get more from you this season.

*claps*

#JudgesVerdicts
Tommy - YES
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Jack: Diana, you're through to The Judgement! Well done!
1401 days 9 hours ago
TommyD
03. Billie Eilish "Bellyache" (Ajathekween)

TOMMY:
*claps*
We last had Billie Eilish in Season 10 and with me and then Nehemiah, you made it to The Showcases. There is something just so unique about your style and this performance was so beautifully executed! This could be the season you make it to the lives! Good luck!

JACK:
I have to be honest say that I didn't like this because I could barely hear your voice. I know you have your certain style here but auditions are to give your first impression and i didn't see much of a first impression from you tonight.

MICHAEL:
I love your voice so much. You are just so unique overall and there is gonna be no one like you in the competition. I do think tho that your voice will be a hit or miss for some of the judges. I would love to see more from you and see your limits with your voice.

NEHEMIAH:
I had you on my team in season 9 via a steal and back then you may not have been able to do well in this format but I believe times have changed and I want to see more of you.

*claps*

#JudgesVerdicts
Tommy - YES
Jack - NO
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Michael: Three votes is enough! You are through to the next stage of the competition! *claps*
1401 days 9 hours ago
TommyD
04. Tove Lo "Elastic Heart" (Ajathekween)

TOMMY:
I really appreciate what you were doing with this song, and at moments, you sounded just like Sia. I do feel though that the music really overpowered your vocal performance and we didn't really get a clear picture of your ability and when small glimpses came through, it felt a little 'one level' throughout. The other judges may disagree, but I don't think this was a great performance for your initial audition, it could have potentially worked later down the line.

JACK:
Last season, I had an artist that sung this and ruined it. With you.... You did it justice, Sia would be happy because you kept it to the original but your voice made it so different to what we have saw before. I wished you could have built it up more as the first verse was bland until you blasted into the chorus

MICHAEL:
I dont know how to feel about this. I do wish your voice was louder so I could clearly hear you. I think there were some moments that sounded off to me. I think you have great potential tho to be a great vocalist so Ill give you a chance to show us what else you got.

NEHEMIAH:
You have a unique voice but something about this performance didn’t attract me.

#JudgesVerdicts
Tommy - NO
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - NO

Nehemiah: I'm really sorry, but it's a no for today.
1401 days 9 hours ago
TommyD
05. Chloe x Halle "Fall" (Ajathekween)

TOMMY:
We've had you ladies before and I do find that you're either a hit or a miss, but I can see the positives in you guys being in this competition. You sounded very angelic throughout this audition and the moments when you did harmonise, they sounded very strong. This was a solid audition.

JACK:
This was so spot on, I love your style and that you have the potential to go far because you have your distinct style. I would like to see more harmonies in your voice to enhance your group dynamics better.

MICHAEL:
I think you guys have very beautiful voices and you guys blend so well together. I dont know if this was the right song choice but with the right ones you can go far in this competition. I would love to hear more  from you guys as your voices are incredible.

NEHEMIAH:
Back in season 9 I represented you guys and you guys were totally written off and robbed and that sucked. I do wanna say you guys have major opportunity to win but song choices is very important. This was a good song but not an audition song so that’s why I say pay attention to song choices if you wanna go further.

*claps*

#JudgesVerdicts
Tommy - YES
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Tommy: Girls, we will be seeing you at the next stage of the competition! Well done!
1401 days 9 hours ago
TommyD
06. Tori Kelly "All In My Head" (Rubes)

TOMMY:
*claps*
I thought this was a good audition, it was a good introduction to you this season. I am surprised that Tori isn't actually on the prohibited list which I think shows how much potential you could have this season. It was nice to just hear your vocal throughout this and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you have to offer us this season. Good luck!

JACK:
This was a deeply emotional performance which I loved. I am glad you have showed us your vulnerable side because we have had a lot of power houses but not many emotional singers and I really would like to see what you can do.

MICHAEL:
Come through queen! This is my favorite audition so far tonight and it probably wont change. You have such an amazing voice and I could listen to it nonstop. I want to say were probably gonna be working together this season and I cant wait if thats the case. Amazing job!

NEHEMIAH:
I think we are due for a Tori Kelly season why have we not be able to see more of you? This is just ridiculous!

*claps*

#JudgesVerdicts
Tommy - YES
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Jack: Tori, we will be seeing you at The Judgements! *claps*
1401 days 9 hours ago
TommyD
07. Linus Hemker "Skyfall" (ryan5676)

TOMMY:
Such a big song to come to the stage with! And you did an alright job, it was powerful and hit all the right notes. I think it's really hard to compare when Adele's version of the song is so embedded in us, but separating the two, you gave us something really promising here and I think it'll be interesting to see where you take it.

JACK:
Before you singing, I was worried because he key sounded weird due to it being higher than the original but then you used your lower tone to your voice and it meant the contrast of your voice and the backing made a beautiful performance.

MICHAEL:
Hello cutie! I think this was a decent performance. Nothing really blew me away with this but it also wasnt bad. I do think you have the potential to grow in this competition and I would love to see what else you have to show us. Good Luck!

NEHEMIAH:
You know I love my boys and this season especially seeing I feel like we aren’t getting a lot of them represented but this performance was truly flat throughout.

*claps*

#JudgesVerdicts
Tommy - YES
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - NO

Michael: You're through to The Judgements with a majority vote! *claps*
1401 days 9 hours ago
TommyD
08. Masha Mnjoyan "All By Myself" (ryan5676)

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
That was massive and such a huge moment! You really performed the song and took it to a whole new level! I am incredibly impressed by you tonight and the control you have, this is one of my favourite performances so far this season!

JACK:
Had to find an alternate link but to be honest I think you picked an amazing song and it meant that you enjoyed every moment of the song and it meant your voice was better. The fact you did it even slower, it meant you could pleasure us with these amazing runs.

MICHAEL:
Fantastic voice! I think this is one of the best auditions tonight. I do wish it was the whole song tho because this could of hit the best performance of the season. Im interested to see what other performances you have as I havent seen anything else from you. Great job!

NEHEMIAH:
That was such a short performance and I guess it was all we need to make this decision easy.

*claps*

#JudgesVerdicts
Tommy - YES
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Nehemiah: Congratulations, we can't wait to see you at The Judgements!
1401 days 9 hours ago
TommyD
09. Johnny Manuel "Home" (ryan5676)

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
Oh my goodness! What an incredible performance! If this is the starting point for your audition, where the heck are you going to take us moving forward? I have no words because I am speechless and baffled by how good this was tonight! One of the songs of not only the season, but the entire series!

JACK:
This song is a deeply emotional song which meant you had to match it and I feel not only you matched it, you exceeded what the song needed. You really remind me of Chris Blue tonight and you really brought everything tonight

MICHAEL:
Oh man your voice. Why is everyone tonight so good. I could already tell later on in the competition your gonna make me cry with that voice. You were legit singing like this was the finale and this was your winning song. I wouldnt be surprised if we saw that happening this season!

NEHEMIAH:
I LOVE THIS SONG AND THE FACT A GUY SINGED IT!!!

*claps*

#JudgesVerdicts
Tommy - YES
Jack - YES
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Tommy: With four votes, you're through to The Judgements! *claps*
1401 days 9 hours ago
TommyD
10. Neon Jungle "Jungle" (ryan5676)

TOMMY:
I wasn't expecting to like this, but I really did. I thought you all showed great aspects of your vocal abilities in this performance and it all came together really well. It felt cool and really fresh! You could bring some fun to The X Factor stage for sure!

JACK:
To be honest we have amazing groups at the audition and I didn't see the calibre of what I have saw from others. It was a nice song, it was safe though which disappointed me.

MICHAEL:
I dont know why I wasnt expecting a group seeing that name. You guys do sound great individually and when you guys sings together as well. I havent heard of you guys before so Id be interested to see more from you. I want to see more vocals tho as I think you have even more to give us.

NEHEMIAH:
All the way back in season 4 Neon Jungle you girls had a chance to win had that season not been already stacked. 8 seasons later I still see the talent you girls posess and I want to take it further.

*claps*

#JudgesVerdicts
Tommy - YES
Jack - NO
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - YES

Jack: You have three votes, you're through to the next stage of the competition!
1401 days 9 hours ago
TommyD
11. Low Cut Connie "Dirty Water" (Royal1836)

TOMMY:
I actually found myself really enjoying this which surprised me. It felt very old school, but also fresh at the same time, I can't quite place it! You had a lot of fun up there and you brought the energy. You know, I think if you do make it to the next round, you will have your work cut out for you, but that's the challenge of The X Factor! I once said the same about Twenty Two One and they went on to win last season!

JACK:
I did not see the fight of trying to get into the next round with this performance and I was really waiting for something extra to come which it did not. I loved your vocals but to be honest everything else outweighed the positives

MICHAEL:
I think this is the first performance tonight where I wasnt vibing with it. I think you guys have a cool sound but I dont know if this is all your performances or if it was just this one. Im gonna have the other judges decide if you make it through. Good Luck.

NEHEMIAH:
My type of difference, and i think we’re gonna put this in the category of close to Country. I hope the other judges like you.

*claps*

#JudgesVerdicts
Tommy - YES
Jack - NO
Michael - NO
Nehemiah - YES

Michael: I'm sorry, two votes is not enough tonight - you will not be advancing. Thank you for applying.
1401 days 9 hours ago
TommyD
12. Alyona Yarushina "All The Man That I Need" (Moviemusicguy123)

TOMMY:
*claps*
Doing this show for 12 seasons and 1 all star season, you start to feel like you have seen it all and it can't get better, and then we have this among other auditions tonight where we are just blown away! This was a great performance and the control you had was incredible. A powerhouse! Well done!

JACK:
To be honest I liked this performance however, five minutes later i completely forgot about you and it meant I couldn't see you performing to the level of this competition.

MICHAEL:
This was a great way to end the night off. You have a great voice but I think you should of went with a different song. For me it was a bit boring to watch but you still sounded amazing. It showcased your voice which is what we want for this stage.

NEHEMIAH:
I really don’t know why but it’s just when people do Whitney covers it never feel real and actually emotional and I write it off because it’s not genuine. It’s karaoke and I don’t like that.

*claps*

#JudgesVerdicts
Tommy - YES
Jack - NO
Michael - YES
Nehemiah - NO

Nehemiah: I'm really sorry, but it's a no for today. Please come back again soon.
1401 days 9 hours ago
TommyD
There you have it, another round of auditions are over, was this seasons winner featuring tonight? Let's take a look at who has made it through!

01. Makenzie Thomas (DrG2)
02. Diana Rouvas (DrG2)
03. Billie Eilish (Ajathekween)
04. Chloe x Halle (Ajathekween)
05. Tori Kelly (Rubes)
06. Linus Hemker (ryan5676)
07. Masha Mnjoyan (ryan5676)
08. Johnny Manuel (ryan5676)
09. Neon Jungle (ryan5676)

Congratulations to the nine acts making it through tonight!

Join us tomorrow night for the penultimate night of The Auditions for Season 12!

Goodnight!

*waves*
1401 days 9 hours ago
ryan5676
I can't believe I got 4 of my Acts through!

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!