This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[S12] The Knockouts (Round 1)

Topic » [S12] The Knockouts (Round 1)

1386 days 22 hours ago
TommyD
A new non-live episode of The X Factor 12: The Auditions will be posted later today. You have been paired up in the following pairs. Your mentor will select one of you to move on to the next stage of the competition - The Showcases!

At the end of the episode, the judges each have two steals to use if they wish on an eliminated act from another team.

Running order:
#TeamNehemiah
01. Guster (1001games)
02. Twenty One Pilots (Danielevk)
--------------------------
#TeamJack
03. Demi Lovato (Tinkerbelll)
04. Sally Skelton (nhl8765554321)
---------------------------
#TeamMichael
05. Caleb Johnson (Moviemusicguy123)
06. First To Eleven (Moviemusicguy123)
#TeamTommy
07. Johnny Manuel (ryan5676)
08. Amanda Brown (tswiftlover13)
#TeamTommy
09. Jack Vidgen (hazbez94)
10. Sheldon Riley (Jameslu)
----------------------------
#TeamMichael
11. Paramore (Jameslu)
12. Angie Miller (Tswiftlover13)

Best of luck!
1386 days 21 hours ago
Jameslu
Oh snap!
Good luck Jack & Angie!
I’m so nervous now lol.
1386 days 17 hours ago
chris2pei
JJ vs JJ
1386 days 17 hours ago
chris2pei
gl y'all
1386 days 15 hours ago
tswiftlover13
Good luck everyone!!!
Angie vs Paramore!!! Whoahhh Gl to us both jameslu 💜💜💜💜💜💜✌
1386 days 12 hours ago
Jameslu
I’m really hoping that Michael liked Paramore’s performance, since I’m trying to show him and the other judges that Paramore’s an all around great performer and deserves to stay in this competition.
1386 days 12 hours ago
Neme91
I'm really hoping that Tommy liked Nehemiah's critiques, since I'm trying to show him and the other judges that Nehemiah's an all around great judge and deserves to stay on the panel.
1386 days 12 hours ago
TommyD
Tommy hates you all.
1386 days 11 hours ago
tswiftlover13
https://media.giphy.com/media/gjZAwd2b8hAdlBw2KX/giphy.gif
1386 days 10 hours ago
TommyD

*walks out*

Welcome to The X Factor 12: The Knockouts!

The Auditions have taken place and now the toughest stage yet takes place. Each mentor has put their teams in pairs, with only one spot available per per in the next stage - The Showcases!

But fear not, each judge has two steals to use on an eliminated act from another team!

Please welcome your panel!

Tommy, Jack, Michael and Nehemiah! *claps*

Let The Knockouts Commence...
1386 days 10 hours ago
TommyD
#TeamNehemiah
01. Guster "Stay With Me Jesus" (1001games)

TOMMY:
This was a really nice and comfortable performance. You have a simplicity about you that I feel you deliver really well to us, like we want to love you, well I do anyway! I think your audition was slightly better in my honest opinion, but you have promise and you have talent!

JACK:
This was surprisingly good. I really liked your harmonies and your backing vocals as it gave definition to the instruments that you also had. I think your voice was alot better than your audition and I saw alot more from this than your audition. To be honest, judging based off of this performance, you have the better chance.

MICHAEL:
Ok I might have been a bit rude to you at your audition but I just like keeping it real with my comments. The good thing about this performance is I enjoyed it more then your audition and you got my head bopping a bit. Seeing your opponent tho this is gonna be a tough knockout for you to win. Good Luck!

NEHEMIAH:
*Claps* I love everything that you guys bring to the table this performance was just such a smile gusher performance. Couldn’t help but not just smile because it was so wholesome. I understand that on first glance you guys may not necessarily be everyone’s cup of tea automatically. But if you continue to rock with this act you start understanding the talent that you guys possess and that’s why I wanted you guys on my team. Job Well Done!!

*claps*

-------------------------------------------------------

02. Twenty One Pilots "My Blood" (Danielevk)

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
Oh this was stunning! It had so many different levels and so many different intricacies. You really captivated me throughout and I was thoroughly enjoying hearing you sing to us. You have a lot of potential and I'm already starting to see that in you this season. I do think that you edged the win in this knockout tonight.

JACK:
This was beautiful. I think you guys arent the best in vocal aspect but I really think your emotional aspect is really good in this performance. I think the high notes at around 3:20 was ok, they was a little off key in parts but this was an ok performance.

MICHAEL:
I actually wasnt expecting this from you guys are all. I dont know what I was expecting tbh but it wasnt this. I think it was a sweet song and loved how you explained the story behind the song. I do think tho that you could of chose a better performance that would of highlighted you guys more in the knockout.

NEHEMIAH:
*Claps* When you guys auditioned my eyes opened and I saw a vision that I could possibly win with you guys and you were on my radar immediately. This performance did not falter from that initial vision. I love the storytelling that you voice delivers and it might NOT be everyone's cup of tea but if they actually stick with you and follow you they might fall in love. You guys are a team that you have to come to love because you are different and you embrace how different your music is but how you use it to connect with your listeners. So I obviously loved the hell out of this.

*claps*

Nehemiah, it's the first decision of the night. You know how this works, you can only select one of these acts to advance. The other will be available for the steal at the end of the episode.

Who is the winner of this knockout?

NEHEMIAH:
Here comes the hard part, I put you both together strictly because as I’ve said earlier you both are acts that people have to come to understand to 100% rock with the flow that you set forth. Automatically I love alternative music so obviously i’m a huge fan of what you both bring to the table but based off these performances the act I am bringing forward is….Twenty One Pilots.

*claps*

Congratulations Twenty One Pilots (Danielevk)! You are moving on to The Showcases!

Guster (1001games), you will be available for the steal at the end of the episode. Best of luck!

*claps*
1386 days 9 hours ago
TommyD
#TeamJack

03. Demi Lovato "Skyscraper" (Tinkerbelll)

TOMMY:
I always feel that you put so much emotion into your performances, sometimes maybe even a little too much, but this was a really good performance, you delivered on the vocals and I can see a bit more of Demi each time. We have had you on The X Factor multiple seasons and I think it would be nice for Jack to give you a shot!

MICHAEL:
Well this is a throwback. Seeing the song choice I thought it would be a risk for you but you did a fantastic job here. I think the best knockout we've seen so far tonight. You could tell that you meant every word that you were singing and I hope we get to see more from you this season

NEHEMIAH:
*Claps* Demi you fight hard every single season and I truly want to see you blossom this season and it’s gonna strictly be on SONG CHOICES. But not only song choices but the actual performances you use to showcase those songs. Tonight this was the right direction for you to go in well done.

JACK:
At least its an even playing field. I really liked this performance last season and I do this season, but to be honest I think you used the exact same song for the knockouts last time which really disapoints me because I feel you haven't tried to find other performances and you have just stuck to what your good at. Take risks please.

*claps*

04. Sally Skelton "Skyscraper" (nhl8765554321)

TOMMY:
Oh my goodness! As if you just sang the same song for the knockouts? This is such a tough one! Sally, you have a lovely voice and I think we got to see a little more of your tone throughout this performance. You know, it's tough going up against the original, but I think you gave it a good shot and this will be a tough one for Jack!

MICHAEL:
Oh dang the same song. Wasn't expecting that. I think you going after the original hurt you a bit in this knockout. Also having this be a short performance hurt you as well as you didnt really give us anything during it. Kind of disappointed in this after seeing your audition :/

NEHEMIAH:
*LAUGHS* I am laughing at the fact that you both unknowingly was paired together and you both are singing the same song. When this happens it unfortunately becomes a battle of who did it better. In your situation you have an advantage and disadvantage at the same time, you’re competing against the person who originated the song but you’re also singing it in your own style. Wish it was longer but it was still beautiful.

JACK:
*Looks at Demi* Wow your shady here doing your opponents song and the bloody same song. But this was virtually perfect, I think you have definitely gotten better from your audition and I can just see you growing as an artist. I seriously can't wait for what else you do!

*claps*

Jack, it's decision time! Who's moving on with you?

JACK:
Tonight the both of you sung the exact same song which meant I actually could compare alot easier. ALOT easier. So listening to how you both performed the song I have to take Sally Skelton through with me.

*claps*

Congratulations Sally Skelton (nhl8765554321)! You're moving on to The Showcases!

Demi Lovato (Tinkerbelll), you will be available for the steal at the end of the episode! Best of luck!

*claps*
1386 days 9 hours ago
TommyD
#TeamMichael

05. Caleb Johnson "Dream On" (Moviemusicguy123)

TOMMY:
*claps*
Caleb! You put on a show for us tonight! It was full of fire and character and you just went there! You had some really good notes in there too and well rock/pop rock is proving to do well on this show at the moment so who knows!

JACK:
Welcome back Caleb. Tonight I saw what I like from you, the passion and the vocals from you. This is way up there from your auditions because I could tell you was really enjoying and I loved this too because everything was right for it.

NEHEMIAH:
Caleb last season I had you on my team this season Michael picked you up, my advice is that song choices is gonna be major for you. I did not like this performance, it didn’t do anything for me and maybe that’s because I’m not 100% in the Rock scene at least with this song but even with the song it just didn’t give you a lot of time to shine.

MICHAEL:
Omg why didnt you stick with Dream On. You would of killed that performance. Anyways this performance was great. This was what I wanted to see from you and you just look natural up there on that stage. I think overall you did great but might have costed yourself the win changing songs.

*claps*

06. First To Eleven "Head Above Water" (Moviemusicguy123)

TOMMY:
*claps*
I really really enjoyed this oh my! I think this was a great performance! First of all, an Avril song, YES! Second of all, you really do give me Twenty To One vibes, but the female vocals really enhance the experience and I would say that at this point in the competition. You're better! This was a great pairing Michael!

JACK:
I don't actually know the original of this song but nevertheless I think this was a really modern and new performance. I think you really did improve on your audition and I think you had a great song choice because you had a great backstory of the song. This was overall a strong performance tonight.

NEHEMIAH:
*Standing Ovation* I truly believe that you guys are gonna be one of the fan favorites this season off the bat immediately because right now you’re seen as a the female version of our recent winners. And I’m totally fine with that because this performance gave us something different. More vocals and took us into the rock throughout the song instead of immediately bringing us there. That drawed me in. I would say you guys won this.

MICHAEL:
This is so much better then your audition and this is exactly why I had you on the top of my list. This song was such a perfect fit for your voice and I think you have a lot more to show us and I think you have such great potential to make it far in the season if your performances are just like this.

*claps*

Michael, who is the winner of this Knockout?

MICHAEL:
So Im just going to get straight to the point with this knockout. I think this was an easy decision after watching both performances and this could of been so much closer if there was no replacement song. I honestly wouldnt have known what to do if that was the case. With that being said the winner of this knockout is....... First To Eleven!!!

*claps*

Congratulations First To Eleven (Moviemusicguy123)! You are moving on to The Showcases! *claps*

Caleb Johnson (Moviemusicguy123), this means you will be available for the steal at the end of the episode! Best of luck!

*claps*
1386 days 9 hours ago
Jameslu
omg @ Demi and Sally both singing Skyscraper!

OMG DEMI </3
I think I need to use her next season, she's been used every season so far and hasn't made it to the Lives </3
1386 days 9 hours ago
TommyD
#TeamTommy

07. Johnny Manuel "My All" (ryan5676)

JACK:
To start off I loved the first part of the song, it was a good start of a great performance. This was really strong and you have this sort of style that kind of reminds me of Justin Timberlake and Michael Buble because you have that type of vocal range and you used it all tonight which I think was a great choice.

MICHAEL:
Oh god I could just tell your gonna be one of my favorite acts this season. You sang this amazingly and you served us vocals. Im gonna say it again that we could be seeing you in the finale, especially if you continue to perform for us like this. Fantastic job!

NEHEMIAH:
The battle of some R&B is happening right now. Why I love the Knockouts is because we get a lot of auditions and usually we forget about some because they are the ones that we sleep on. I slept on you 100% but this is the time that you show off your vocals and make us pay attention. My eyes are wide open and watching you I love the falsetto, i love the slow tempo because this is how old school R&B is. They don’t make music like this anymore and you fit it so well.

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
This was such a smooth and beautiful performance! You carried your voice and presence all the way through it. You were one of, if not my favourite performance from The Auditions and I feel like you did not disappoint tonight, it was soft and just had so much depth. Good job!

08. Amanda Brown "Alone" (tswiftlover13)

JACK:
This song has a emotional meaning behind it and I do feel you got the emotional aspect then you go onto the vocal aspect and I have to say, it wasn't the best I have seen from this song because I know another act has done this song before alot better. I just wished for a little more from you

MICHAEL:
Wow. Good Luck with this one Tommy. I would say this has been the most even paired knockout so far tonight as the both of you brought it. I think you also did great here with your performance and I think with the right song choices you can make it deep in the season. Im expecting a steal to be used on this one.

NEHEMIAH:
*claps* I truly see the talent that you possess and I can see Michael choosing you to represent his team and if not I can see someone stealing you. Your voice is very soft but it packs a punch but I also can see you going the path of Sasha Allen from season 9 as well as Alexandra Burke last season. Strong voice but overshadowed once in the Live Shows. It happens so Song Choice has to bring it EVERYTIME.

TOMMY:
*stands and claps*
DAMN IT! Why do I always do this! Amanda, this was beautiful and you put so much power into this performance and I believed each and every word you were singing to us. You have grown already since your audition, this just felt more elevated and captivating. Good job!

*claps*

The winner of this knockout?

TOMMY:
This is one of the hardest decisions I think I have made in the 12 seasons of being on this show. This was a very even knockout, you both brought it tonight and I can see both of you going on to do well in this season. I am praying that whoever doesn't make it, a steal is used tonight because both of you are THAT good! I have to go with the act that.. Ugh I don't know! I have to go with the act that gave me more on this journey so far... The winner of this knockout is... Johnny! I'm sorry Amanda!

*claps*

Congratulations Johnny Manuel (ryan5676)! You are moving on to The Showcases! *claps*

Amanda Brown (tswiftlover13), this does mean that you will be available for the steal at the end of this episode! Best of luck!

*claps*
1386 days 9 hours ago
Jameslu
Amanda </3

open group

The X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!