This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Week 10 / You are a princess!

Topic » Week 10 / You are a princess!

2443 days 2 hours ago
k4r4k
Grats on final 6!

Last episode we said goodbye to Wendy after arriving in Italy. Today you will be showing me how you can take a simple cartoon and interpret into modern day fashion!

- Photoshoot -

"Deep in every heart slumbers a dream, and the couturier knows it: every woman is a princess." - Christian Dior
Today you must show me your interpretation of a Disney PRINCESS from the LIST BELOW. These are just cartoon drawings and I want you to show me what they would look like in real life, in the world of fashion. You should not have any other models in the photo. (Example of what I'm looking for - my princess would be Moana (not on list) http://assets.vogue.com/photos/589166d84fe1526113021e8c/master/pass/00-hawaiian-beauty.jpg )

Princesses you may choose from:
(cartoon representation of each - http://imgur.com/a/kmjuM )

Snow White
Cinderella
Aurora
Ariel
Belle
Jasmine
Pocahontas
Mulan
Tiana
Rapunzel
Merida
Elsa

*** THIS IS FIRST COME. FIRST SERVE! Only ONE model can portray each princess. To claim yours you must 1. state the princess' name and 2. post the link to your photo!!! ***

reminders:
no nudity
no duplicate photos (application photos included)
no ANTM
you are a female model
it is a solo shot

who is the fairest of them all?...GOOD LUCK models!

** YOU HAVE 48 HOURS **
2443 days 1 hour ago
coolKat
Elsa

Elsa has decided to ditch the blue dress and go for something warmer and more fashionable

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/2a/61/0b/2a610b871942c4681d36679e8bfd4969.jpg
2441 days 19 hours ago
k4r4k
Everyone's submitted sooooo

================================

CLOSED
2441 days 8 hours ago
k4r4k
** newssssss **

Pocahontas/Bella has taken a break from the site due to personal reasons. She will be eliminated from the competition today.

We will still have panel as usual though. IF she is the lowest scoring model, she will be the only one to go home, BUT if another model has the lowest score, she will be going home as well.

we hope that everything is okay Bella and that we see you again <3
2440 days 6 hours ago
k4r4k
KARA'S CRITIQUES:

-------------------------------

Natalie –
This is a good interpretation of Elsa, I feel. I love the coat and boots! I kinda wish you were giving us more in the face. We’ve lost your neck here due to the hair and coat and I think if we had seen more of a neck it would’ve made you looked longer and more like a model. The shot is good, but my concern with you is we haven’t seen a totally awesome kick ass photo. We have yet to have a top photo from you, so if you’re still here next week, let’s see one!

Augustine –
This is simple, classic, and elegant. The face is beautiful and spot on for Snow White. Your fair skin and looooong neck definitely make the shot. I wish I could see more of you and more clothes, but I think you did a great job because of the pose and expression. Well done!

Malaysia –
This is definitely Sleeping Beauty! I think the colors are perfect but the lighting is wrong. The blurry flower in the center of the shot steals my focus and really annoys me :x I also don’t like that I cant see your waist at all. The tulle is coming up too high on you. Overall I just feel like I could’ve gotten a more elegant pose and face from you because this kinda looks like you partied too hard and crashed.

Pocahontas –
I see where you were going with this, but it’s too showgirl for me when it should’ve been more Native American focused. The headdresses they wear are much different from a carnival headdress :x the tan, gold, and turquoise colors are really pretty though. I think this would’ve looked better to my eye if it hadn’t been doctored/altered so much with lighting and contrast.

Shanna –
Love the regalness you bring to this. Mulan was definitely a strong feminist role model for me and you do look powerful here. I really like the way you’ve angled your face and the placement of that right hand on your kimono’s obi. Nice job this week!

Judith –
I freaking love this look for Merida! It is so spot on for what I feel she’d be wearing today. The earth tones are great and the wild crazy red hair totally brings life to the shot. Your pose is excellent with the curve of your back and your face looks like a woman who is in control. You were bottom 2 last week and this is back to the girl I love, yay!
2439 days 8 hours ago
k4r4k
PATRICK'S CRITIQUES:

----------------------------------

Natalie Smith – I worked hard to find Elsa inspiration, but I really didn’t see much here that truly brought me to see Elsa. It seems you just saw Elsa, thought cold and went with something that seems relatively “safe”. At this point in the competition, “safe” is no longer really gonna keep you in the middle, but could send you home possibly. You can do better, as prior to last week you were the only contender to never finish in the bottom 3, and outside of Pocahontas who is no longer with us, you are the only model to never finish in the bottom 2; an impressive feat up to this point but I’m not sure that this submission may allow you to continue that success.

Augustine Rose – Wow. First off, you just look stunning here, it’s incredible. Your face, the innocent pose, and even the shadows across the face just look beautiful here. I love that the colors are very simple and yet this allows it to stand out so well. I love that I can clearly tell that this was inspired by Snow White without it being a model trying to replicate Snow White, if that makes sense. Last week, you delivered a safe photo; I’d love to see you deliver something extremely outlandish next week just to see what you can do in that department to really set yourself apart from your competitors. Very well done!

Malaysia Renee-Young – Okay, so for the positives here, I appreciate that you took inspiration from the idea behind Sleeping Beauty and used that to produce your shot without replicating Aurora’s appearance. However, I think that the overall execution could have been better. While I think you look stunning here, there’s simply too much distracting from you: we have the bed underneath, the flowers all around her, the flowers by her head, the bouquet in her hands, the falling flowers around that aren’t focused because of how the shot was taken. I know you’ve delivered much better than this, and I think you have good ideas, but some more polished photos I think would really show us what you can really accomplish. You’ve been pretty “middle of the road” for most of this competition. We know you’re pretty, and we know you have great ideas, I hope that next time you show us a more polished editorial side of you.

Pocahontas Rose – Whereas I feel that Malaysia suffered from a lack of editing, I think your problem this week is over-editing. So much so that due to effects done with the original photo, this looks like a painting or drawing and not really a picture, which is such a shame because I enjoy this look so much outside of that. While not exactly staying true to being “Native American”, I think this headdress is beautiful and is a wonderful statement piece to your photo. I love the natural feathers sticking out of the top, I love how both the body is posed and how the face is posed. I think your outfit is great. I just wished the photo itself was more natural. I’m sorry to see you go as I believe you had so much potential to run away with this thing, I hope all is well, and (Kara permitting) would love to see you return on a later season.

Shanna Brown – I think this is a strong submission for you. I love the contrast of colours here, and this background is stunning. The one thing that I’m going to knock you for is similar to Natalie this week. You took the smallest part of Mulan (her geisha) and based your entire Mulan submission on that, whereas I would say that side of Mulan is one of her most insignificant parts as to what made her special. Great photo, but for me, I just didn’t see you draw enough inspiration from your princess. You were a strong front-runner in the beginning and slipped off a little after that, but you’ve returned after your win last week. I hope you can keep it up, as this may be your competition to lose.

Judith Judasy – This is wonderful. Shocking how much this looks like Merida, but like Merida, she’s also poised as the princess, just as strong as her. Thi
2439 days 8 hours ago
k4r4k
(PATRICKS)

Judith Judasy – This is wonderful. Shocking how much this looks like Merida, but like Merida, she’s also poised as the princess, just as strong as her. This is a very strong submission, and very well done this week. You’ve been a strong contender through most of this competition, and though you may have stumbled last week, I think you have a good shot at this, as long as you continue your success of the previous two weeks, as you haven’t been afraid to really take some risks with your photos.
2439 days 8 hours ago
k4r4k
JOJO'S CRITIQUES:

---------------------------------

Natalie- I really just don't see how this is Elsa. Yeah she has blonde hair and is kind of pale but the wardrobe nor the setting fits her. Just a miss with the theme.

Augustine- In this shot I really can tell that it is snowwhite. I think you really hit the theme well but the actual photo is lacking. I don't like that she is wearing like a hat on her head like it makes it look not real. An okay week I guess.

Malaysia- I can see that you followed the theme well. I think that over all it is a strong shot and right now you are my favorite this week. I really love that it is in nature I think it adds a lot to the shot. Good job!

Pocahontas- I think it is a good shot, I think the headdress is a bit overboard but that's okay not a big deal. I think that this follows the theme really well and I love her posing. Good job this week.

Shanna- I think you really took a different approach going with Mulan. I really ended up liking this a lot more than I did when I first looked at it, I think it follows the theme really well. I think her fave looks a bit weird to me but that isn't too big of a deal. I really also love the pattern behind her. Good job!

Judith- This is just kind of meh for me. I don't like Merida as a princess much to begin with and to me it doesn't really look like she is merida she more looks like a girl advertising a bag. I think you kind of missed with the theme this week but not as badly as someone else standing next to you. This is a bottom tier photo for me this week and it would not shock me to see you go home.
2439 days 8 hours ago
k4r4k
joshyln will not be judging this round as his grandmother is ill. sending good vibes to him and his family
2439 days 6 hours ago
coolKat
Really thought I went a different way and thought I presented something different to the table I didn't want to be traditional, so I wasn't but still kept the theme

open group

Kara's Top Model S:2 [[COMING SOON]]

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!