This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Escape Room (Ultimate)

Topic » Escape Room (Ultimate)

2217 days 15 hours ago
Dmpwb45
⭐️Jury House please read this too, it will be relevant⭐️

Contestants will be working in a co-operative Escape Room Challenge

For those of you that haven’t done an escape room, the main premise is to solve all the puzzles in the room until you eventually escape through the exit door. The rooms usually have locked boxes or drawers and when you complete said puzzle, the box will unlock and you’ll get a new clue that helps you move along. The main thing is figuring out where to start, but then it should be easier as you get the hang of it

Now because I can’t hand you physical boxes, the way my version will work is similar to The Amazing Race Challenge I did. In my version of TAR you used clues to find where to go next. In the Escape Room Challenge, you’ll be given half a link and by submitting the puzzle answer into the blank space, it’ll complete the link and send you to the right place

EXAMPLE:
Red Lock: https://tengaged.com/design/id-25____
Red Clue: (By solving the clue you get the answer 7755)
The link you would go to: https://tengaged.com/design/id-257755
IF you did those steps correctly, you’d see the next clue you need in the comments and continue from there
(You can check out that link if you’d like)
*If this is confusing I can try explaining better, but I feel like that should make sense*

The first clue and layout of the room won’t be released till Saturday @5pmPT (so no one starts early). This challenge is scheduled to be Non-Live but if you can’t make it right at 5pmPT please let me know. (This unfortunately only applies to the Final 4) I’d like everyone to make it, but coordinating 14 people would be insane

Here’s where it gets interesting. A $15 cash prize is now available to be claimed by Team A (The Final 4) or Team B (The Jury House). If Team A wins, The Final 2 will become the Final 3 with the 3rd placing contestant in Ultimate Challenge winning the $15 Prize. If Team B wins, the Jury House will fight in a face off, where only 1 contestant will be left standing. Winner gets the $15 Prize. More details on the fight will be explained if Team B wins

Now for the more “con” of the box. If Team A loses, The Final 2 stays the same with no $15 Prize for 3rd and a Double Elimination is held. Either way, the finale week will be next!

WINNING THE CHALLENGE
For Team A to win, the Final 4 all need to finish before 4 Jury Members do
For Team B to win, any 4 Jury Members need to finish before the Final 4 does

BONUSES
Team A: The first person to finish is immune from the Elimination Challenge and automatically a finalist
Team A: For the rest, the better you place gives you a higher advantage in the Elimination Challenge
Team B: The faster you finish gives you a higher advantage in the “Fight Challenge” *This is only relevant if Team B wins*

Finally, so no one “throws it” if Team A loses, the last player to cross will be the first victim of the Double Elimination. (So no stalling, it could be lethal)

The Elimination Challenge will be held regardless of the double eviction or not. Details will be explained on the date (to preserve the mystery) but it WILL require the use of a printer. Picking a challenge date/time will happen after the Escape Room Challenge has concluded

Remember finalists, you’re fighting for your safety. Best of luck!
2213 days 17 hours ago
Dmpwb45
The escape room challenge will begin filling in about 2 hours
2213 days 15 hours ago
Dmpwb45
Hello everyone! You may now file in. In 10 minutes I’ll post the first room, but here’s some tips to prepare

1. I made the game difficult, but not "too" hard. No one should need (or is getting) a hint. If a puzzle seems to stump all 14 players for more than 12 hours, I'll post a universal hint for everyone, but I doubt that scenario will come
2. You CAN and WILL have to use google and the web to solve this. Some puzzles require the use of info you’d never be able to acquire alone. Wikipedia and Google are your friends in this competition
3. When a winning team is crowned, I’ll post so in a topic. Don’t believe other contestants when they say they’ve finished. They could be wrong or even lying. Keep giving it 100% till I ring that bell
4. 🚨MOST IMPORTANT🚨 In my best attempt to “foil cheating” after each lock you unlock, you MUST send me a quick “explanation” of how you figured out the answer. Just like “short answer questions” in math. It doesn’t have to be super in-depth, if you’re telling the truth, I’ll be able to tell. This will stop people from randomly finding the end of the game. If you reach the finish line and you don’t have all the puzzles approved before that, it doesn’t count
5. Remember to read the "un-finished links" I give you VERY carefully. You have to delete the blank space (____) and replace it with your answer. Sometimes it won't be as simple as "https://tengaged.com/design/id-____" . It may be "https://tengaged.com/design/id-4_____" and if you don't add that 4 before you punch in your answer, it could send you to the completely wrong place

The game is set up to completely run itself, so if I’m offline don’t panic. Even if I was online, I couldn’t help you. You may have questions, but part of the escape room experience is figuring it all out. Any questions asked will just be responded with "I can't help you, I'm sorry". I like all of you guys, but I must remain impartial, so please don't get stressed if a puzzle takes you a super long time. Chances are, the other contestants may have the same dilemma. Once the game concludes, I’ll post the Answer Key

Once you’ve read this say “Read” please. I want an estimated head count :)
2213 days 15 hours ago
mysterygame2
Read
2213 days 15 hours ago
pikaplayer
Read
2213 days 15 hours ago
me2013
read
2213 days 15 hours ago
Novamax243
Read
2213 days 15 hours ago
FireX
Here
2213 days 15 hours ago
FireX
Read
2213 days 15 hours ago
LaFierceBrittany2
Read
2213 days 15 hours ago
Dmpwb45
Great! Looks like we have 3 each so far! At this count technically neither team could finish, but that's why it's Non-Live hah

Okay! Posting the first room now. Once it's posted the game will not and cannot stop. Get ready....
2213 days 15 hours ago
Dmpwb45
Push
2213 days 15 hours ago
Dmpwb45
Push
2213 days 15 hours ago
Dmpwb45
Push
2213 days 15 hours ago
Dmpwb45
Push
2213 days 15 hours ago
lhooper902976
Read but, told them why I shouldn't do this.

open group

Dmpwb's Ultimate Challenge REVAMP $Prize

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!