This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 2 || He Is Watching

Topic » Episode 2 || He Is Watching

317 days 23 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
| Daybreak HQ |

The team of three are arranged in their meeting room, debriefing. Piper and Daniel talk to each other while Bugseye stays silent as always. Neither Daniel or Piper are sure if he ever listens during these meetings, but it is out of their control since he is the captain of the team.

Piper: We ran into something the other night. Bugseye picked up on a ping that reported a possible murder in central district.

Daniel nods and watches as Piper pulls up an image of Revenant that a surveillance drone picked up.

Piper: This person had murdered a police officer. Hung him by the neck off the side of a building. What was weird to me is that they stuck around for someone to show up.

Daniel: Okay? Another twisted killer that wants fame and attention, and possibly a Netflix series. The drones are out for him, so once he’s spotted we’ll go after him… Can’t take all three of us.

Piper: I wouldn’t be taking this person as a joke. He practically dismantled Bugseye. We don’t know who he is or what he is capable of, so right now our best course of action is to tread lightly.

Daniel scoffs and crosses his arms, leaning back in his chair.

Daniel: Oh no! Someone who can’t fight!? What on Earth am I going to do? If- if only i could just-…

Daniel looks around for a moment before spotting a random office worker on the other side of the room and uses his telekinesis to lift and suspend the worker in the air. The worker lets out little panic yells as Daniel chuckles hysterically. Piper watches this unamused while Bugseye pays it no attention and just stares straight ahead.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/c034c91bcff2f0af5c8f5f6c6e82a8d6/428a750e8366354d-58/s400x600/f8faa66844c287a980317c2a1fb95bf627f9848a.gif

————————————

| Weston’s Apartment |

Piper sits in the living room of Wes’ apartment. For someone who was just released from prison, Wes has a shockingly high end apartment. Perhaps it’s just his reality shifting abilities giving the place more
glamour than it really has. Piper looks down, reading this month’s edition of ‘Super Magazine’ and catching up on all the dumb public superhero drama.

Wes: You’re sure you won’t get reprimanded for being here, right?

Wes approaches with two cups of coffee in his hands, setting one down in front of Piper, then finding himself a seat across from her. Piper chuckles, setting down the magazine and picking up the cup.

Piper: If anything, they’ll kill me before they punish me.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/5e82fa4dd63488d1b1fb903e847ca9f8/3436f00c1fdca842-38/s400x600/a2fd6e038a65085c6c7b487f23b8a3a0c14c3075.gifv

Wes: It is so refreshing to hear that you’ve found a healthy work environment to be in… How’s the kid doing?

Piper: Hm, which one?

Wes: Well, I guess you could start with Daniel.

Piper slightly nods and sets down the mug in her hands then leans back.

Piper: He’s confident, and knows his abilities well… The caveat though is he isn’t blending in too well. If you want him to keep bringing you intel, he must blend in more. He has to act like he wants to be there.

Wes: Oh- Okay. Sure, noted. I’ll talk to him… And how about Austin?

Piper: Not good. He’s essentially turned into a robot, and-

Before Piper can finish her thought, Hisea walks through Wes’ front door and closes it behind her as if she was in a rush. She looks over at Piper and Wes in the living room, smiling. Wes sets his coffee down and shoots up from his seat.

Wes: Hisea!

Both Hisea and Wes approach each other with open arms and share a quick hug, as they haven’t see. each other in over two months.

Hisea: It’s so good to see you! How’re you holding up?

Wes: I’m good! All is good, just happy to be home.

Hisea: Happy to have you back as well… Hey Daybreak!

Hisea leans to the side to look at Piper and waves at her. Piper smiles and turns back to her coffee, scoffing.

Piper: Please, never call me that.

Hisea and Wes both walk into the living room and sit down.

Wes: How’s it with you, Hisea?

Hisea: No complaints really. I’ve been working with this girl named Tech. Not sure if you’ve heard of her, but we tracked down the last of Hell’s Angels… We’re scoping out their last warehouse now.

Piper: Look at you, getting your hands dirty.

Hisea: I know, it’s new… But Tech has been really helpful with everything, I couldn’t have done it without her.

Wes looks between them, smiling.

Wes: I’m happy we finally got the chance to catch up… But, I wanted to show you two this.

He reaches into his back pocket and pulls out a folded slip of paper. He unfolds it and sets it on the coffee table in between them. Hisea and Piper look down, reading what it says.

Wes: I got a letter from some Dr. Murphy who works at the tower. He invited me to his office to talk. I’ve never heard of this guy before but i looked him up, and turns out, He’s the one who invented the surveillance drones. What do you guys think.

Hisea and Piper read the letter over for a moment before looking at Wes.

Piper: So the same person’s drones that you recently destroyed a batch of at your two day long release party? He wants to chat with you in the same building that both guys who killed your parents will be?

Wes looks down, now feeling like an idiot for considering it. Hisea looks down at the note once more.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b8/32/92/b832929e41c65913be72e124a0956849.gif

Hisea: Hold on. I don’t think any of the Vanguards will be involved… You know, if Bullet-Man or Sixth Sense wanted to confront you, they would just show up here… They’ve done it before. If i had to assume, this Dr. Murphy is just gonna chew you out for destroying his drones and making his invention look bad. It’ll just be a little ego trip tantrum… I think you should go for it Wes.

Weston looks back up at Hisea, nodding and slowly moving his attention back to the letter from Ethan Murphy.
————————————

| UTF |

After another long and grueling session, Tris walks out of the simulator and approaches Nyx, who was watching them from the outside.

Nyx: Very good.

Tris: Thank you. Same time tomorrow?

Nyx: Yes. But before you go, I would like you to meet someone.

Tris wipes the sweat off his forehead and follows behind Nyx as she approaches a door that leads to a seat of stairs. The two walk up the stairs and enter the viewing lounge, where Sixth Sense is standing at the window, watching over the facility. Tris’ face lights up a bright red as another Vanguard is presented in front of him. Nyx smiles and approaches Sixth Sense.

Nyx: Six. I brought him. I don’t think you two have gotten the chance to meet. Tris, as you might know, this is Sixth Sense. Six, this is Tris.

Sixth Sense smiles and walks up to Tris, shaking their hand.

Sixth Sense: I’ve heard good things, kid. Seen some good things from you too.

He motions to the window and walks back to it, watching.

Tris: Than- thank you.

Tris walks over to join them. Nyx looks between Sixth Sense and Triston.

Nyx: Six. I wanted you to give Triston here some advice. I’m sure he’s tired of hearing my same speech over and over.

Sixth Sense: Sure.

He turns to look at Tris, not trying to be intimidating, but still coming off that way with the reputation he holds to be a cold and unforgiving figure.

Sixth Sense: I know that you are well aware of the harsh reality of having powers, correct? No matter how hard you try, sometimes it doesn’t work out how you wanted… In your case, it was the worst extreme. But what I need you to know is that this training you’re receiving… It will never make it easier. No matter who you’re being trained by or how top of the line the simulations are, nothing will ever make you numb to the screams you’ll hear and the sights you will see. It will always be hard. Cherish the awarding moments, Triston.

Triston just nods. He’s always had the knowledge of what Six said in the back of his head, but now it has come to surface for him, and it shows in the shocked expression pasted onto his face.

Tris: O-okay… I understand.

Nyx looks on, feeling bad for the kid, but also knows that is a lesson he needed to hear.
————————————

| University Of Washington |

Mika is in his dorm room, unpacking his belongings to start off the second semester of the school year. His room is about finished, his last step now is to set up his PC. He gets down on a knee and reaches around his desk to plug a few cords into his extension. She stands up and bushes his hands off, feeling accomplished for getting his room set up quickly. He looks over at his window, seeing bright lights peeking through the blinds.

Mika: Tell me…

He walks over to the window and quickly pulls the blinds up, seeing a surveillance drone straight up at his window.

Mika: Of course.

The drone doesn’t fly away… It just stays there, floating in front of Mika’s window, staring back at him. Mika tilts his head at this. It’s unusual for a drone to be acting like this. That is, unless someone is operating it. In that case, he figures some government worker was ordered to try and scare him by flying a drone in front of his room. Creepy, yes, but threatening to Mika? Eh, not really. Mika shakes his head and shuts the blinds on the drone, not paying it any more attention.
————————————

| Vanguard Tower |

Backwardo limps through the halls of Vanguard Tower. There is a brace on his thigh to help with the healing process from the bullet that was sent through his leg. He walks up to the doors of the meeting room and sees Bullet-Man sitting alone at the table when he swings them open. Bullet-Man looks through some papers as Backwardo enters and takes a seat across from him.

Backwardo: You wanted to see me?

Bullet-Man looks up at him briefly before looking back down at the papers.

Bullet-Man: How’s your leg holding up?

Backwardo: Uh. Fine? I guess. Still sore, but not a big deal or anything-

Bullet-Man: Good. I’m glad to hear that. Anyways, Ted, I hate to do this, but you’re being demoted. I just found out.

Backwardo blinks for a moment, staring at Bullet-Man as he casually breaks the news while looking through some papers.

Backwardo: That’s a joke, right?

Bullet-Man: No, turns out it’s very serious.

Backwardo: Why are you acting like it’s a big surprise? Isn’t it *your* decision?

Bullet-Man: Because it is a surprise, Ted. You know what these papers are in front of me? It’s records of all the criminals you bring in by turning them into infants… They just brought these in to show me.

Backwardo raises an eyebrow at this information, not piecing together the relevance.

Backwardo:… Okay? That’s a bad thing now?

Bullet-Man: It wasn’t at first, but the numbers started to show when none of these criminals could be processed because again, they are goddamn infants… Now the government is stuck with hiring people to take care of criminal babies. There’s already a shortage on baby formula, and now it’s getting even worse because the supply is being sent to these people. And it all leads back to you.

Backwardo’s face glows a bright red from the embarrassment and facing the consequences of his actions.

Backwardo: I-… How the hell was I supposed to know?

Bullet-Man: The authorities have been contacting you through your corporate email to get you to come in turn them back into adults… Do you check your email?

Backwardo:… We have an email for here?

Bullet-Man shakes his head and fathers up the papers back into the file they came in.

Bullet-Man: I’m sending you down to Daybreak. It might be permanent… It might not. We don’t know yet.

Backwardo smiles and lets out a scoff in frustration.

Backwardo: Yeah? So that’s it? What, not a good luck, not a ‘i’m sorry Ted, I know this is shitty’?

Bullet-Man: I know you will do fine, Ted. Hopefully someday I’ll get the chance to welcome you back. Go get your belongings and bring them to Daybreak, they’re waiting for you.

Backwardo bites his lip and shakes his head before standing up. He turns away and walks to the door, not even giving Bullet-Man a second glance.
————————————
Welcome back! Sorry for the wait, life. You all know how it is.

Episode opens at 6:30 PM EST
317 days 23 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
*Opening 5pm EST!!
317 days 21 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
(OPEN)
317 days 21 hours ago
spinfur
*Mika continues working his way on his computer, before glancing back at the window, opening his shades seeing the drone*
You must have a lot of time on your hand to stalk a normal college kid
317 days 21 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
(i will be on later!)
317 days 21 hours ago
SirNiceGuy
(In an event in another RP so I'll probably be on later tonight if I'm available.)
317 days 21 hours ago
RealMurph
Korrl appears from a quiet alleyway and into the streets. His knuckles bruised and bloody from just only a few minutes ago, but are healing nicely. Behind him in the alley hidden behind a few trash bins, a newly deceased body of some low level hero who suffered a gruesome fate at Korrl's hands.

As he stands in the streets with people walking by, he stares up into the sky at the Vanguard Tower. He shares a hateful look, and walks away.
317 days 20 hours ago
lionsden121
Daniel and Chris are goofing around in a deserted alley.
317 days 20 hours ago
lionsden121
Daniel is throwing up target bottles in the air while Chris tries to blow it with fire.
317 days 20 hours ago
lionsden121
While catching their breath, Daniel turns to Chris, "sorry about yelling at you this daybreak is all work and no fun. It's stressing me out. I kinda used you as an outlet I know you're trying your best."

Chris shakes his head, "it's all good I know there's a ring of truth in there, but we have to both get better."

Daniel nods and cracks a smile, "Maybe we can see who can tear down an abandoned warehouse first?"
317 days 20 hours ago
iGoddess
-Hisea is discussing approaching the warehouse logistics with Tech;
https://64.media.tumblr.com/c1117dbd257057d18bbd028ab976bac2/tumblr_pu0ec13FQg1qdapqlo4_250.gif
Suit yourself Tech, I'll never make you do anything. You have your own free will.

-Blayne wipes his face with a towel, having finished an intense workout with a little more tension than usual;
^Keep them emotions in check.^
-Glances around the busy UTF.
317 days 20 hours ago
lionsden121
Daniel and Chris are both looking around the streets for an old building to tear down.
317 days 20 hours ago
iGoddess
-Hisea props down the tablet before heading out.

-Blayne showers and gets dressed before heading out, accidentally bumping into Korrl whilst listening to music.
Oh shit man, ma bad.
-He looks up at this intimidating man.
^Could maybe take him on..Nah lets not try.^
317 days 20 hours ago
lionsden121
Daniel sees hisea come out, "Hey is that warehouse abandoned??"
317 days 20 hours ago
iGoddess
-Hisea glances to where he points and shrugs.
Not too sure kid.. I think homeless take shelter there. You're not looking to stir up trouble, are ya?
317 days 20 hours ago
lionsden121
"Well....we were thinking of destroying it, but if there are people living there, never mind, we'll find another building to destroy see ya!" Daniel and Chris keep moving in the same direction.

open group

Vanguard Society

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!