This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 154 Final

Topic » TSC 154 Final

3687 days 8 hours ago
Music
01) The Crystal Method - This is just all over the place. the video didn't help either!
02) Twin Atlantic - The guitar just ruined it. But other than that it was an okay song.
03) Rixton - You know those songs that are over played by radio and TV? yeah, this is one of them. But other than that it's a good song.
04) The Hunts - This song is going to get stuck in my head. I can picture myself now singing along with the chorus (oh dang there I go). The only negative I can think of is the ending, I wish they did something different.
05) Magic Man - Those are some large trees!! I enjoyed the dancing in this video! very quirky. The video went very well with the song, all in all a pretty good song!
06) Brothers of North- This was okay, nothing really stands out and grabs my attention though.
07) Matt Nathanson - This was kinda annoying. got on my nerves quick.
08) Jimi Goodwin- Just didn't grab my attention :S He sounds kinda monotone tbh.
09) Mrs Greenbird - Uh no. as soon as she started I knew I would struggle to listen to this. Sounds like something from Disney.
10) Ezra Vine - Enjoyed this one!  I found it rather soothing.
11) Small Black- I liked it! a nice summer tune.
12) Arisa - I guess her voice is nice? can't really judge something I don't understand
13) Jess Glynne - Shockingly I liked this! Her voice is nice and crisp.
14) Jazmine Sullivan - No.
15) Jacob Banks - The video has a lot going on. Overall it's just not my taste.
16) Marie Miller - This was a lovely little tune.
17) Shakira - Can't stay I'm a fan of hers, but I really liked this! The chorus is catchy as well.
18) JEM - It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either :S
3687 days 7 hours ago
Samhuss
01) The Crystal Method - 'Over it (Ft. Dia Frampton)' – okay dupstep eggs crotches semi nudity sexual moves and a soft voice do not mix… Bye.

02) Twin Atlantic - 'Heart and Soul' - Only a little bit worse than the first song, or maybe I just did not like it! AT ALL.

03) Rixton - 'Me and my broken heart' - THIS IS THE SHIT. LOVES IT. Everything about it is amazing, the voice, the beat, the music work together perfectly :)   

04) The Hunts - 'Make This Leap' - little sweet song, makes me smile eh... :D I like it

05) Magic Man - 'Paris' - I am not a fan of this, altho its kinda better than previous one and a good song, but there is somethign about it that throws me away.

06) Brothers of North - '1990's' - MY EARS. TOO LOUD. MY EARS AGAIN. but for some reason, wait MY EARS again, but yeah for some reason I like it :S

07) Matt Nathanson - 'Kinks Shirt' - This song was soo boring lol... like really boring.

08) Jimi Goodwin - 'Live Like A River' - when it started I was gonna stop listening to it tbh, but when he started singing I actually REALLY loved it.

09) Mrs Greenbird - 'One Little Heart' - Eh isnt this the cutest thing here? :)

10) Ezra Vine - 'Celeste' - too generic? or I donno whats the word, its just a typical song... nothing special about it, maybe the music video, nothing else :/

11) Small Black - 'No Stranger' - yeah sounds liek the other 10 songs above and what I mean is, I was bored listening to it, altho it is something I would generally enjoy... but yeah still it had a bit of a nice feel to it...

12) Arisa - 'Controvento' - YEEEES finally something different :D thats why I love TSC there is always gonna be a "surprise" song :D 

13) Jess Glynne - 'Home' - Good Good :D I love it :D  again a different song :P I like it, the music is just lovely.

14) Jazmine Sullivan - 'Bust Your Windows' - How did this make it here? like ha?

15) Jacob Banks - 'Worthy' - Hmmm I am not sure if I like this or hate it...

16) Marie Miller - 'You're Not Alone' - it felt amazing listening to it :) her voice is little sweet thing :P 

17) Shakira - 'Dare (La La La)' - FINALLY something made me move :D

18) JEM - 'Love Trigger' - YAAAAS thats what I am talking about :D just good song to end this with, especially after the sooooo many ew and repetitive songs this week...
3687 days 7 hours ago
Tepr
1) The Crystal Method
Not For me.
02) Twin Atlantic
Not liking his voice, Song was bland
03) Rixton
Sounds very familiar, this is not my style
04) The Hunts
I love it, so cute
05) Magic Man
I know and love this song.
06) Brothers of North
Too teenage emo for me
07) Matt Nathanson
wow just wow, the kinks deserve better
08) Jimi Goodwin
interesting entry, not bad
09) Mrs Greenbird
Very Very bland
10) Ezra Vine
I enjoyed this one
11) Small Black
Awesomeness
12) Arisa
Nice Nice
13) Jess Glynne
Not doing anything for me
14) Jazmine Sullivan
God this does nothing for me.
15) Jacob Banks
I enjoyed parts of it
16) Marie Miller
Average
17) Shakira
Beyond Tedious
18) JEM
OMG what!! Catchy enough to be fair
3687 days 4 hours ago
TheGoodMan
1) The Crystal Method: Couldn't get into it at all, far too disjointed sorry.
2) Twin Atlantic: How very scottish this is LOL. I feel like this wouldn't get points from me in a normal contest, but because of the small field in this I could probably see it doing alright for me.
3) Rixton: Quite average, inoffensive pop. bleh.
4) The Hunts: It's not too bad, a bit like a lite-Of Monsters and Men.
5) Magic Man: I quite like this, kind of reminds me of Friendly Fires, but the production isn't quite as good, nice though.
6) Brothers of North: Kinda like a meh Biffy Clyro for me.
7) Matt Nathanson: Not liking this at all, like a sugar overdose.
8) Jimi Goodwin: love the beat, vocals could be better, overall pretty nice.
9) Mrs Greenbird: Kinda like when a music teacher picks up a guitar to a bunch of 7 year olds, not for me.
10) Ezra Vine: This sounds v familiar, it's quite nice, v good.
11) Small Black: Once again it's nice, but nothing has really stood out as being particularly excellent so far.
12) Arisa: I'm guessing this is Italian, and the current Italian eurovision entry is a lot better this, I honestly feel really sleeping.
13) Jess Glynne: This girl is featuring on a lot of artist's songs at the moment, like she's taking the Emeli Sande/Sam Smith route! I can tell, I love her tone of voice tbh, I also really like the production, but its one problem is it's not really an earworm.
14) Jazmine Sullivan: Well I'm already a big fan of this song, it's already quite well known I thought, but I really enjoy her music, especially this song, so much attitude!
15) Jacob Banks: Thought this was quite excellent, love the production, love his voice.
16) Marie Miller: I think this just does not stand out amongst the others tbh.
17) Shakira: I will not be giving this any points, simple.as.that.
18) JEM: I consider this one of the best songs that was in Melodifestivalen this year, strong song.
3687 days 3 hours ago
smi9127
01) The Crystal Method – I did not like the start of it but it got better. Still not my style. The vocals were okay but the music killed it.
02) Twin Atlantic – The voice was kind of weird but I also liked it cuz of the weird voice but idk.
03) Rixton – Reminds me on lonely no more, but hey a lot of songs are rip offs. Still catchy.
04) The Hunts – I liked it. It was a nice song. I like the vocals a lot. When they had two different things sung at the same time I was like yes.
05) Magic Man – Kind of catchy. Not really my favorite though. Not bad.
06) Brothers of North – Not my style honestly. Yeah. The music was annoying
07) Matt Nathanson – It was happy and upbeat. Nice lyrics. Catchy.
08) Jimi Goodwin – Didn’t really like it. The music was really weird. Voice couldn’t save it.
09) Mrs Greenbird – Her voice was almost annoying to listen to. It was nice though lol. Say something im giving up on you
10) Ezra Vine – Kind of one note. Not bad. Nothing special though.
11) Small Black – I did not like his voice. It sounded unnatural.
12) Arisa – The foreign songs werkin it. It is not amazing… but it is nice to listen to
13) Jess Glynne – Not bad, but I did not really like it either. I don’t want to listen to it again but I also did not want to just stop listening.
14) Jazmine Sullivan – Not my style. Definitely not my style. Some people may love this though
15) Jacob Banks – A little slow but it got up beat at times. I loved his voice tho.
16) Marie Miller – This comp was lacking some nice female vocals. Here they are. I found it.
17) Shakira – I have never been a Shakira fan. Her hips lie. And I would be lying if I said I enjoyed this song. Haha im funny :’(
18) JEM – I could not get into this. This sounds like a song that should be on the radio, but its kind of really annoying so it isn’t for a reason.
3686 days 21 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. The Crystal Method - The most wtf start of a TSC for a long time. It's just all over the place!
2. Twin Atlantic - It doesn't do anything to me, lacks substance!
3. Rixton - Sounds familiar, it's pretty much every other song on the radio.
4. The Hunts - A little song, it was nice! Liking the minimalistic arrangement!
5. Magic Man - This is pretty good as well. He's got a nice tone plus the song is pretty well-built.
6. Brothers Of North - Started a bit too strong, it just plodded along!
7. Matt Nathanson - Nothing quite outstanding, middle of the road.
8. Jimi Goodwin - Too much background noise pretty much ruined an average song to me.
9. Mrs. Greenbird - I imagine this woman teaching music in a kindergarten. It was quite annoying to listen to her voice.
10. Ezra Vine - I feel like I should find this tune just standard, but for some reason, it's quite got me. Nice choice!
11. Small Black - Nice background music, a bit too long, he's got a nice voice, though! It was not bad!
12. Arisa - Is that Ryan? I mean he's known for sending foreign songs. Well, the verses are pleasant, chorus could be a little stronger, it's okay!
13. Jess Glynne - She's got a great voice, I like this song very much.
14. Jazmine Sullivan - I've heard this one so many times...that ruined it for me. I mean, the song is pretty good, but if I had to listen to in YET AGAIN, I'd probably bust a window (haha so funny)
15. Jacob Banks - Isn't he the singer in Chase & Status' Alive? Yes? Well, he's definitely got a good tone to his voice, it should speed up at chorus, though! Nevertheless, a decent entry!
16. Marie Miller - Not a great vocal performance, this doesn't do much to me.
17. Shakira - I still think this should not be allowed, well, this has to really impress me to get my points! And instead of a good impression, that song isn't even close to above average!
18. JEM - Not a great way to end this contest.
3686 days 20 hours ago
Patrick319
1) The Crystal Method - LOL Dia Frampton? What happened!? This was messy but I actually enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for dubstep-y choruses.
2) Twin Atlantic - Nice music to begin with but his voice is a bit annoying. The chorus is also pretty weak.
3) Rixton - Very radio-friendly. Inoffensive. Not bad.
4) The Hunts - This was sweet.
5) Magic Man - I could see this winning. Great pick.
6) Brothers of North - A bit too noisy for me. I found the music to be quite boring.
7) Matt Nathanson - Generic. Not into it.
8) Jimi Goodwin - Ok now this is actually noisy, I take it back Brothers of North!! Didn't like it too much.
9) Mrs Greenbird - Difficult for me to enjoy this. Doesn't go anywhere interesting.
10) Ezra Vine - This surprised me. Quite good.
11) Small Black - Not something I would come back to but it was good as a one-time thing.
12) Arisa - GODDESS
13) Jess Glynne - A little different. Liked it.
14) Jazmine Sullivan - This sounds very 2001. It was okay.
15) Jacob Banks - Strong voice. Another one I really like.
16) Marie Miller - A bit Sara Bareilles style. Not necessarily my style but this was rather nice.
17) Shakira - #QUEEN #GODDESS #PERFECT #NOFLAWS
18) JEM - Okay they are perfect and were robbed in MF
3686 days 19 hours ago
FlameonX
1) The Crystal Method - This just isn't my cup of tea.
2) Twin Atlantic - I would give this a nod.
3) Rixton - This sounded like a mash-up of a bunch of different bands on the charts.
4) The Hunts - Something about this is very wholesome.
5) Magic Man - I don't know how I feel aabout this.
6) Brothers of North - Umm, I can't hear anything that makes them special?
7) Matt Nathanson - Nice, sweet and fun!
8) Jimi Goodwin - If the vocals were more "powerful," I would have enjoyed it a lot more.
9) Mrs.Greenbird - I didn't like it at the start, but as the song progressed, so did my opinion about the song!
10) Ezra Vine - Is ok.
11) Small Black - It had that echo-ie quality that I don't usually like.
12) Arisa - Compared to the other entries, this really stands out.
13) Jess Glynne - PLeasant listen!
14) Jazmine Sullivan - Isn't this song really old?! LOVE IT!
15) Jacob Banks - Oh snap! That bass tone ;)
16) Marie Miller - Her vocal is lacking the depth and grit I usually look for.
17) Shakira - I was not a fan of the la la's.
18) JEM - Will.i.am? There were a couple of nice moments in here. I'd dance to it, haha.
3686 days 16 hours ago
hippydude126
01) The Crystal Method - Ew no! This made my ears hurt just listening to it. I think all the dubstep bits are too loud and clash with Miss Dia's vocals, everything about this was awful.                                                                                                                                                                                           
02) Twin Atlantic - Awwww.... his Scottish accent is adorable. Overall I loved this, the guitar riff was cool, nothing clashed and I feel like this is stuck in my head already. That means I'll remember it by the end, good job.                                                                                                                         
03) Rixton - Sounds like they're trying to be the next Maroon 5, which is something that no one should be aiming for.  For me, it sounds like a lot of other songs I've heard before, there wasn't really anything too stand-out or original about this.                                                                                               
04) The Hunts - Wow, that is a lot of people for one song! Turns out that they are all brothers and sisters which is cute. You know what, I actually really like this, it was sweet and pleasant and a good bit of indie-folk never hurt anyone.                                                                                                           
05) Magic Man - The sort of song that plays in the background on adverts. I was waiting for it to climax but I'm afraid to say that it never really did, however I still quite liked it, the piano riff was nice and the electro tinges were nice.                                                                                                     
06) Brothers of North - Yes! Indie-rock (if done well) always strums a chord with me and let me tell you, this was done very well. Love the guitars, love the beat, love the vocals and I absolutely love the 90's!                                                                                                                                                               
07) Matt Nathanson - Getting really good vibes from this one. Maybe the lyrics are a bit cheesy but who cares?! The main thing I like about this is how fun and catchy the tune is, nice choice.                                                                                                                                                                                     
08) Jimi Goodwin - The little ostinato in the background was good but other than that the whole thing was a mess. His voice sounded atrociously mundane  and the rest just sounded like a cacophonous disaster.                                                                                                                                                         
09) Mrs Greenbird - As Bibbles would say, this was very "twee", almost sickeningly so. But first can we talk about the total piss-take that was her voice, what the hell was going on, she sounded like a gremlin on acid, it was ridiculous.                                                                                                               
10) Ezra Vine - First off, that was a really cool video so kudos to whoever for that. Secondly I really enjoyed this, the vocals were great and so was the hand-clapping and twiddly guitar. Great job.                                                                                                                                                                           
11) Small Black - Too long and too boring, did not like this at all. I spent the whole time waiting for the song to get going and then by half-way through I realised it was never going to happen, sorry not sorry.
3686 days 16 hours ago
hippydude126
12) Arisa - Nah, this was a bit shit to be honest. It's not like I am against voting for foreign language songs it's just that this really wasn't very good, the whole thing was too subdued.                                                                                                                                                                                                   
13) Jess Glynne - Ooh, it's the "My Love" and "No Place I'd Rather Be" girl, I have big expectations. Well, her voice is cool and always will be but I feel like the song isn't strong enough to do her any justice.                                                                                                                                                               
14) Jazmine Sullivan - Interesting orchestral string opening for an RnB song but as anyone who reads my comments knows I hate RnB. Apparently she is Missy Elliot's protege which is disappointing because she is nowhere near as legendary.                                                                                                     
15) Jacob Banks - Suppose this was decent enough. To be honest though this contest has been fairly shit compared to normal so I won't take a lot to get points this week.                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
16) Marie Miller - Really liked this, as cliche as it is at least it's delightful to listen. Usually this would struggle to get points but as I said, this week has been bollocks compared to the usual standard of TSC.                                                                                                                                                             
17) Shakira - Don't care what any of the stuffy pretentious hipsters say because THIS IS MY FUCKING JAM! Loved it from start to finish, I wish more spanish songs would enter the charts, the language is so beautiful.                                                                                                                                       
18) JEM - Like a Poundland version of Will.I.am  ft. [insert name of white middle-class wannabe singer]. Having said that I feel this may get points from me based on the fact it's a bit of a guilty pleasure...
3686 days 14 hours ago
Monrooster
1)        The Crystal Method – We don’t usually get this sort of stuff in TSC. I’m surprised at how much I liked it. Not usually my thing, but there was something about it. It’s disjointed, but there’s still this certain flow to it. A bit of a lacklustre ending. Dunno if it’ll feature in my scores, but I was pleasantly surprised
2)        Twin Atlantic – It’s got a really cool style to it. Great bluesy bass and beat and progresses nicely through the verses and I like the Scottish twinge to his vocal, but then the chorus goes a bit generic for a rock chorus and disappointed me.
3)        Rixton – It’s like a mix between Maroon 5 and Bruno Mars. He does sound a lot like early Adam Levine vocals actually. Vocal is technically very good, but the song as a whole is nothing really new and original for me.
4)        The Hunts – Very cutesy and folky intro. It’s quite disjointed and there are quite a lot of voices trying to come together cohesively, but I agree with whoever said this sounds wholesome. I draw comparisons to Of Monsters and Men and The Lumineers. Not bad!
5)        Magic Man – Very slick and smooth vocal which couples really nicely with the electro instrumentation. I really like the syncopation in the lyrics going into the chorus. Very slick. I’m boogying in my seat. It’s well-structured too. I really like it
6)        Brothers of North – Erm, there’s an odd vibe to this. The pacing of the lyrics and the structure are a bit odd and some of the chords sound a bit off. I really like the gliss in his vocal though. A bit torn
7)        Matt Nathanson – The lyrics are a bit soppy, but it’s got a nice flow to it. A bit too twee to for me I think.
8)        Jimi Goodwin – Quite progressive and quite a weird chord progression. I quite like the hook, but I couldn’t really get into it.  I can’t think of who his vocal reminds me of… Chuck Ragan maybe? The structure was a bit too odd for me though.
9)        Mrs Greenbird - There are quite a few cutesy, twee songs in this contest. I surprisingly like the quirkiness of her voice, but the song is just one-dimensional and too simple for me.
10)        Ezra Vine – Quite pleasant. I wanted another layer like a stronger drum beat to help it build or something, but it’s simply structured and has a nice flow. Not too bad
11)        Small Black – The echo quality to some of the instrumentation doesn’t really work and is a bit grating. Apart from that, it was rather pleasant if a bit one-dimensional. I wish his vocal conveyed a bit more emotion though. It was quite static. I got bored after a while too. It was a bit long for what it was
12)        Arisa – Ooh, oboe solos – nice! Nice instrumentation and has a nice flow in the verses and builds nicely, but I wish the chorus was a bit stronger. It was a bit lacklustre. Not bad though.
13)         Jess Glynne – It tries to be pretty slick, but it lacks a bit of cohesion for me. It comes over a bit disjointed and a bit of a mishmash. Nice vocal, but not for me sorry
14)        Jasmine Sullivan – This didn’t chart high enough?  I’m familiar with this song. Interesting instrumentation and quite a good vocal. She tries a bit too hard now and again with the vocal acrobatics for me. Pretty slick, but not really my style.
15)        Jacob Banks – Wow, I really like his voice. That beeping sound does get a bit grating even when it’s buried under other instrumentation. I wish it had a bit more direction and ended a bit better, but that voice was just badass.
16)        Marie Miller – TSC 154 - Cutesy overload. I came into this with a bad impression unfortunately because of that. It’s pleasant and all, but it’s not very interesting and engaging.
17)        Shakira – It’s quite fun and Eurovision. She’s taken an interesting turn in her music style, but then this still has very firm Latin roots but a bit dancier. Not really for me though sorry.
18)        JEM – Not really my thing. Easy to dance to, but lacks substance.
3686 days 14 hours ago
Monrooster
I think I’m going to struggle with the votes this week. There isn’t much I really want to vote for.
3686 days 12 hours ago
Pepper
01) The Crystal Method - That music video tho xD the song was interesting and fun.

02) Twin Atlantic - This was alright, his vocals weren't that strong.

03) Rixton - Yeah, this definitely sounds like that Rob Thomas song, but it was still fun.

04) The Hunts - Fun beat, but it was a little too slow for me.

05) Magic Man - I liked the music video, but I wished his vocals were stronger.

06) Brothers of North - I enjoyed the beat once again, but the voice just didn't sit well w/me.

07) Matt Nathanson - I enjoyed this one, the "hey" in the background sounded familiar tho

08) Jimi Goodwin - Interesting, but not really my thing.

09) Mrs Greenbird - Her voice was really interesting... still not sure if I enjoyed it or not.

10) Ezra Vine - I think this will sit somewhere in the middle of the pack.

11) Small Black - The song was alright, but the video was really cute and kinda sad when you realize at the end that was all just in their heads.

12) Arisa - Not really a big foreign song fan, but this was alright.

13) Jess Glynne - Couldn't really get into the beat with this one.

14) Jazmine Sullivan - I've actually heard this song before, It's pretty fun!

15) Jacob Banks - I really enjoyed this!

16) Marie Miller - I enjoyed the beat with this one.

17) Shakira - OH Shakira, how can anyone not like her? ;p

18) JEM - sounds like black eyed peas, but it was pretty fun.
3686 days 10 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Time for results!
3686 days 10 hours ago
ryan5676
yes

open group

Tengaged Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!