This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 177 Final

Topic » TSC 177 Final

3537 days 19 hours ago
Insanity
20. Tei Shi – Nevermind the End

3537 days 19 hours ago
Insanity
21. Softengine – Yellow House

Alt link:
3537 days 19 hours ago
Insanity
22. Tove Lo – Not on Drugs

3537 days 18 hours ago
Montenegro
How do I sign up? I posted in the thread.....
3537 days 18 hours ago
Insanity
ALL 22 SONGS HAVE BEEN POSTED

Listen and comment on all songs and then PM your votes to me (12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1)

You cannot vote for yourself, or discuss voting with others.

Results will be held on Sunday, September 14th, at 2 EST/7 BST! Please have your votes in at least an hour prior! See you there hopefully! :) <3

- Steven/Insanity
3537 days 7 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
1. Scattered Trees - Prelow from certain angles. Otherwise, I'm just whelmed. Not for me, but that's okay, because I can definitely see it being something others like.
2. Adelén - It's good fun, but I felt myself getting annoyed by it near the end. Luckily, I was distracted by how fun it was for about 75% of it.
3. Walking on Cars - Sorry, for me this genre kinda all runs together and I feel like I've heard it before. SO IGNORANT OF ME, I KNOW.
4. Suvi - Really feelin' the backing track for this. The vocal pales a bit in comparison, but as a whole, I definitely like it.
5. Favourite Weapon - See the ignorance of my comment for song #3. Rinse. Repeat. Seems like a very rock influenced contest we've got going on here.
6. Moya - A little differnet than what I've heard from her before. Her vocals are usually a bit more... diverse? Unique? WHATEVER. It's actually a simple, charming little song. I feel like with a few more listens, it could REALLY grow on me. That said, already liking it.
7. Jon McLaughlin - Oh, it still isn't duet week? I'M ALL DUETED OUT. It's pleasant enough, but I was rather unmoved by it, although I did get a bit more into it near the end. Slight step above being whelmed.
8. Go Periscope - See the ignorance of my comments for songs #3 and #5, with the genre being different, but with the same amount of ignorance. I was, however, really drawn in by the three and a half minutes of traffic. I still can't figure out if it was looped.
9. Taylor Faith - Well, this was certainly a change of pace. Dare I finally use the term TWEE. Am I doing it right, bibbs? Not something I'd give another listen, but for a one time listen, it's cute!
10. For King and Country - SNAPPY CLAPPY START. Got some toe tapping going. Normally I'd just throw this in the middle of the pack and disregard it, but in comparison to some of the other entries so far, I'm not going to do that.
11. Oceana - Surprising to me that Oceana has been entered a bunch of times and this hasn't been used until now. My favorite song of hers despite the terrible "I WAS HERE BEFORE YA, DRINKIN' COCA COLA" lyric. The rest of the lyrics are so fantastic and the emotion of it totally gets me. So raw. Not sure how it will do with this crowd, but I love it.
3537 days 7 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
12. Young the Giant - I was expecting it to be like this when I saw the band name, but I had a few moments of hope for it when I initially heard the backing track for it. Then it took a turn with that hideous howl and it went exactly where I thought it would.
13. SZA - Happy to see SZA finally used in TSC -- have been half expecting it for a while now, as she's getting pretty damn relevant (has been to me for a while). Wouldn't have been my first choice for her, as she has some shit that's extremely enchanting, but I still enjoy this very much. Right up my alley.
14. Peace - Oh my. Oh myyyyy. This sums up a contest that is so not for me, lmfao. Ballsy choice, though.
15. Oh, Be Clever - This isn't what I was expecting by the artist name, so that's already a plus! Yep, I dig it.
16. Chasing Grace - Toe tappin'. It'll be in direct contention with the other toe tappin' song. I predictably got more into it when the female vocal came into the picture.
17. Abi Sampa - Really like the vocal, but I feel like as a whole, it would take another few listens to truly grow on me.
18. Alesso - k, love me some Tove Lo, but totally on the verge of becoming overused, especially considering it coming up in the running order too. I'm not gonna let that way on me too much, as I did like it. I'm just being a nitpicky biatch.
19. Martin Luke Brown - To me, different kind of male vocal then the many we've had thus far. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit.
20. Tei Shi - LOL, dat video plot twist, doe. Tolis will likely call this the typical TSC whisper vocal, and I won't fight him on that, but I did enjoy it.
21. Softengine - I hated their ESC entry. This didn't do much to change my opinion. Lead vocalists voice bothers me.
22. Tove Lo - Uh huh, this my shit.
3537 days 7 hours ago
Talian
1. Scattered Trees - Im not sure how i feel about this song actually.. It started nice.. But it got a little repetitive in the end.. The chorus is very good and catchy actually.. But that empty riff-bridge doesn't match much With the rest of the song.. There are parts i like and parts i don't.. Ok in the end..
2. Adelén - OMG the "Ringo" commercial right here.. After that.. The song was ok.. Not my cup of tea but if it could score some points if the rest of the songs are latter.. And i hope they are not sorry..
3. Walking on Cars - I loooooved this song ! This has it all for me! Loved his voice.. Loved the riffs and most of all.. Loved the build up and feel to it..
4. Suvi - Already heard it.. Always though it lacked something.. Its too empty for me.. It too minimal and whisper-ish for my tastes..
5. Favourite Weapon - How much contrast With the last song O.o actually i loved this! This is so powerful and energic! Just my thing.. Loved this.. Really did..
6. Moya - Already heard this too.. Her/their name makes me smile everytime.. In my dialect it means "wet" and Yes.. That kind of wet (im not gonna explain it better.. If you got it good lol) With that being said.. The song its a little too monotone and lacks a peak.. The beat is good.. I Miss some intensity here..
7. Jon McLaughlin - I have to admit i always had a crush on Sara.. And when i Saw her Grammy's performance With Carol King my crush grew a lot more.. This was no exception.. The song is really classy and simple.. The perfect description of songs i can love..
8. Go Periscope - Right from the start i knew i wouldnt like it.. My mind didn't chance at the end im afraid..
9. Taylor Faith - This is very early 2000-ish and i loved it! My favourite time for commercial.. This is so commercial.. Reminds me of my childhood.. The mv is a flashback too! Omg so many good memories With this one!:)
10. For King and Country - I loved this one too! Its so rhytmic and anthemic! Other two adjectives that describe a good song for me! I will listen to this again for sure! Maybe the only critic would be that it is too FIFA-ish.. But Who cares! I love FIFA!
11. Oceana - This was ok i guess.. Yeah.. I kinda liked it..
12. Young the Giant - Aw, they got very popular no long ago With a song didn't they? I never liked that song tho.. This was waaaay better.. Not that i loved this.. I simply liked this.. This lacks a little appeal..
13. SZA - The only good thing about this is that lovely little doggy :) the song is useless and unexisting sorry..
14. Peace - I heard this one too but stupidly ingnored this.. This was much better than i remembered.. Yes.. Quite Nice in the end..
15. Oh, Be Clever - This was on my list! :( Yes it wasn't on my "songs to use immediatly" section but it is still great! I love this song!
16. Chasing Grace - Nice, really nice. Im starting really worrying about my scores.. Lots of great songs!
17. Abi Sampa - No.. Not really..
18. Alesso - Not my kind of thing at all... I didn't like it at all sorry..
19. Martin Luke Brown - Another great song here! Please i hope the last there songs are Pathetic cause if not i may have some problems giving points..
20. Tei Shi - Not my type of vocals sorry.. They are too strange :/ the instrumental is creepy too actually..
21. Softengine - Omg the lyrics are soooo strange and i love them! I loved this song too! I really did.. It is amazing! Love love love here!
22. Tove Lo - I don't like her.. I didn't like the song neither sorry..
3536 days 20 hours ago
bibbles
My life has turned so busy!!!! Will listen tomorrow, sorry insanity
3536 days 19 hours ago
Limegrass
Bare with! I'm on my phone so I'm just figuring out the notes and youtube and things...

1. Scattered Trees - I'm not sure what I expected from this... It was nice ish, but I didn't really like his voice. It seemed a bit draggy and made the beat not very worthwhile... Shame.
2. Adelén - I remember watching MGP2013 and she couldn't sing live for shit, and it really kind of shows in this song. When I first heard it, the chorus la la bit sounded really familiar and I couldn't place it. It's not bad, but let's be honest, it's not spectacular either.
3. Walking on Cars - A bit standard, but that's not necessarily a bad thing! Verse s were a lot better than the chorus
4. Suvi - Nah, not really getting into this, she sounds a bit like Kylie... Which isn't really a good thing. Bit wannabe.
5. Favourite Weapon - I'm really liking the guitar in this! It may be a bit heavy for the vocalist, but it's still nice to hear! Not too bad, surprisingly.
6. Moya - She's quickly becoming a staple in the TSC diet, isn't she? She's not too bad in this, but I would prefer it if it was a little less smart? Like give her room to express emotion or something. Not too bad though, loving the structure
7. Jon McLaughlin - Very smooth, that's it.
8. Go Periscope - Not really liking that echoey vocal.... Sorry!
9. Taylor Faith - YES. Loved it. That guitar sounds really cutesy and that hint of country is sooooo good.. Love it.
10. For King and Country - I don't really like the chorus that much... But it's alright I suppose, nothing too special I don't think.
11. Oceana - Wasn't she trying to represent Germany at ESC with something like this this year? It says a lot when that accordion beat her! I'm with the German public I'm afraid!!
12. Young the Giant - I think this has been in my short list for an age, but I never thought it was strong enough as a song really. Not bad, but not great.
13. SZA - You call that a beat? It was as messy as my 2 nieces in an arts and crafts shop!!!
14. Peace - Noooo, not feeling this at all. It's just not appealing to me at all... Like no, not really.
15. Oh, Be Clever - I really liked this, and surprised myself really. I thought the girls vocals would annoy me, and they did a bit, but they complimented the chorus and the verse really well... Nice song. Decent.
16. Chasing Grace - Oooooo yes! Look at this! I like the nice HEY! bits and the way it blends chorus and verse! Nice build up into the last 39 seconds as well, strong choice!
17. Abi Sampa - It's a bit draggy, but it's quite nice really. I can see why someone would like it, and that's sort of helping me get my was around it as a song.
18. Alesso - Nope. Just nope.
19. Martin Luke Brown - I don't think the guitar really suits the song very well, it sort of overshadows the singer, and that most definitely is quite a bad thing... Hmmm
20. Tei Shi - See number 13
21. Softengine - See number 12... But I kinda liked the whole feel of it... Teas quite nice.
22. Tove Lo - God I wish I was on drugs, you need them to listen to this really..... Goodness, a lot of noise!

Good luck to people on Sunday! I'm moving into my uni accommodation on Saturday so depending how efficient I am, I might not be here for results!! Have fun, and may the best song win!
3536 days 1 hour ago
AlphaBravo
1. Scattered Trees: This was an interesting opening song. His voice is similar to Gary Lightbody’s. I really liked the beat throughout. The chorus is, by far, the best bit too. Good choice.

2. Adelén: This was pants. Not something I’d choose to listen to.

3. Walking on Cars: This song has been getting a lot of airplay of Irish radio. I find it really difficult to enjoy it for one reason and one reason alone. That reason is, every time I hear this I think it’s Charlie from Busted and I always disliked him.

4. Suvi: From the intro it felt like something special was happening with this song I really liked the mood it set from the beginning and despite trailing off towards the first chorus. I really do like the chorus though.

5. Favourite Weapon: Very screamo. Not my bag. Sorry!

6. Moya: Oh it’s Moya, a former winner of mine. I distinctly remember not being a big fan of the song that I won with by her. This is actually much stronger than that submission, in my opinion. Chorus maybe took a bit too long to get there in the end but was still a decent listen.

7. Jon McLaughlin: This was a perfectly fine pop duet. Not something I’d rush to replay but I did enjoy it and sometimes it’s nice to listen to more stripped back, simpler songs.

8. Go Periscope: Nice beat, but sort of dull overall. Just seemed to plod along.

9. Taylor Faith: If ever there was a stereotypical ‘country singer name’ Taylor Faith would be it. I’m sure this is fine, but I just don’t really get country.

10. For King and Country: Great chorus. I can see this winning. Very Imagine Dragons vibe to it.

11. Oceana: Very dated. One of the weaker songs for me so far

12. Young the Giant: Nice little feel to this one at the start but as it went on I started to lose interest.

13. SZA: Wasn’t bad, it has a very relaxed tone throughout. Got a bit boring but I didn’t dislike it at all.

14. Peace: Retro guitar riffs totally make this. His voice reminds me of Andrew from MGMT. One of the stand-out tracks so far.

15. Oh, Be Clever: Nice uptempo beat throughout this, enjoyed her vocal a lot too.

16. Chasing Grace: When I read “Naughty Boy presents” I was expecting something really strong, but this wasn’t that amazing. Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t awful. I think I was just expecting more. I liked it more when the female vocal came in.

17. Abi Sampa: Very drawn out. The chorus was so anticlimactic. Could have, and should have been, so much stronger. Very poor.

18. Alesso: Oh Tove Lo in the same contest twice. What a greedy bitch. The dance beat is pretty generic, but that’s not to say it wouldn’t be incredible in the club. Just when I’m sitting at my desk in work with my earphones in pretending to work, it’s less incredible.

19. Martin Luke Brown: His voice was a bit grating but the song itself got better when  it went on and the annoying vocal became less prominent.

20. Tei Shi: Liked this as soon as it began. A quirky little number. Interesting choice. Don’t think it will do well, but I liked it.

21. Softengine: What an amazing intro. The vocal and lyrics itself were a bit of a letdown after it but what can you do? Chorus was fun though. I think the TSC crowd will adore this. But then, what do I know? I haven’t won in bloomin’ ages.

22. Tove Lo: Another former winner of mine. I came across this a couple of weeks ago but I didn’t think it was as strong as my previous entry from her. Her lyrics are very drug-heavy, I wonder is she a junkie. Anyway this is fine. Nice end to the contest.
3535 days 22 hours ago
BlueberryJuice
1. Scattered Trees – This is actually a nice song. I hope I remember it by the end of the contest though!
2. Adelén - This song makes me feel warm
3. Walking on Cars – I liked the verses and his voice but the chorus is a bit meh. I might still give it points though!
4. Suvi – Didn't really enjoy this. Don't know why but I just didnt :/
5. Favourite Weapon – I'm enjoying the sort of rock music this contest! Quite enjoying this even though it isn't what I'd usually like
6. Moya – Uh this isn't too bad but I couldn't really get into it
7. Jon McLaughlin – Wasn't too sure until the chorus. I really enjoyed this song it's very nice
8. Go Periscope – Meh... Didn't exactly go anywhere. It was nice enough
9. Taylor Faith – Actually not as bad as I expected. Nice song and the singer is really pretty
10. For King and Country - Quite good. Quite forgettable. Hopefully I remember to give it points
11. Oceana – It got better as it went on but was still a wee bit boring
12. Young the Giant – I like the video and the song is quite nice.
13. SZA – You'd think the song wouldn't be so dull by the title... Meh it wasn't the worst
14. Peace – No.
15. Oh, be Clever – (for the 5489454th time this contest) This song wasn't too bad but I wasn't too into it
16. Chasing Grace – I like the feel of the song & the video
17. Abi Sampa – I like the song and all but her voice just blends in with almost every other female singers in these contests :( I might give points for the song though
18. Alesso – Quite like this. Actually I like it a lot...
19. Martin Luke Brown – The running order really damaged this song for me since it was right after an up beat song. I mean this gets better as it goes on but its still a bit dull. Idk
20. Tei Shi – No goodbye
21. Softengine – Love these guys & their music.
22. Tove Lo – Eh... Idk its eh ok
3535 days 22 hours ago
bibbles
1. Scattered Trees – I quite like this one, although that guitar hook is very familiar!!
2. Adelén – very whiney nasally monotone monotonous voice!! Ands it’s a sample!!
3. Walking on Cars – he sings a bit like the 1975 singer, I quite like this.
4. Suvi – dragged a bit, actually, dragged a lot!!
5. Favourite Weapon – bit rocky, a bit fast!!!!! Lots of drumming!
6. Moya – it was okay, didn’t set my world alight!!
7. Jon McLaughlin – a bit formulaic, a tad syrupy!!
8. Go Periscope – got a nice beat, but just seeps into the back ground after a while!
9. Taylor Faith – a bit tweenie, a twee!!!!!
10. For King and Country – its quite enjoyable, liked the beat and the arrangement!
11. Oceana – I liked that guitar at the start, but this is really really slow!!
12. Young the Giant – I quite liked this one, had some energy, nice vocals. Don’t know why but it reminded me of jon and Vangelis!!
13. SZA – what the deuce, its playing the wrong way!! And that’s the word that has me done on this one!!
14. Peace – this reminded me of, oh gosh, there name just went out my head, a 80s band, it will come to me in bit!! I quite liked it!!
15. Oh, Be Clever – ooh another 80s feel, I quite like on too even though it’s a female singer!!
16. Chasing Grace- its mumford and sons!!
17. Abi Sampa – it didn’t go anywhere, it was just a bit odd!!
18. Alesso – I don’t really get these type of songs, it’s a nice enough tune, but then some dj type guy puts that worn out over used dancy bit in it, its just so over done. And this is the radio, strange!!
19. Martin Luke Brown – wasn’t sure about this at first, but it grew on me!!
20. Tei Shi – it’s a bit samey, a bit twee!!
21. Softengine – theres lots of 1975 lead singer/tom odell type singers, it’s the done sound these days!!
22. Tove Lo – tove lo again?

good luck with your move lime
3535 days 20 hours ago
tbbars
Good contest! After my first listen there's 14 songs I could happily vote for, and only 2 with a 0% chance of getting my points!

Well done people for upping your game...
3535 days 15 hours ago
Monrooster
Can we look at changing the rules slightly on featured artists? Maybe not impose the same ten contest limit on them if they've been used as a solo but at least not having what is effectively two Tove Lo songs in the same contest?

I'll finish it up and post my comments tomorrow. I'm too tired and still slightly drunk...

open group

Tengaged Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!