This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC: Best of IX

Topic » TSC: Best of IX

3356 days 20 hours ago
TolisKalkas
12) Bat for Lashes - Laura

Bat for Lashes received 122 points reaching 3rd place in TSC133 and was submitted by tepr.
3356 days 20 hours ago
TolisKalkas
13) Serena Ryder - What I Wouldn't Do

Serena Ryder received 120 points reaching 2nd place in TSC135 and was submitted by ricktworick1.
3356 days 20 hours ago
TolisKalkas
14) Lucia - Silence

Lucia received 110 points reaching 4th place in TSC133 and was submitted by Music.
3356 days 20 hours ago
TolisKalkas
15) Machines are People Too - Do What You Love

Machines are People Too received 150 points reaching 1st place in TSC133 and was submitted by bluestar.
3356 days 20 hours ago
TolisKalkas
16) Asaf Avidan & The Mojos - One Day/Reckoning Song

Asaf Avidan & The Mojos received 76 points reaching 6th place in TSC146 and was submitted by Bibbles.
3356 days 20 hours ago
TolisKalkas
17) Matthieu Mendès - Okay (Feat. Pomme)

Matthieu Mendès received 125 points reaching 1st place in TSC148 and was submitted by patrick319.
3356 days 20 hours ago
TolisKalkas
ALL 17 SONGS HAVE NOW BEEN POSTED!

PLEASE LISTEN AND COMMENT ON ALL THE SONGS.

ONCE YOU HAVE LISTENED AND COMMENT, PLEASE SEND ME YOUR VOTES:
20, 15, 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

***PLEASE NOTE THE NEW 20 AND 15 POINTS***

You cannot vote for yourself and remember, you are voting for the artists, not the players.

DEADLINE: Sunday 9PM GMT (4pm EST)

GOOD LUCK!
3356 days 10 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Let's go jury, let's go!
I'll go listen to all the songs now and send in my votes.

Good luck all!
There is one song I'm not looking forward to listening to. :p :(
3356 days 9 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Just finishing up the last song and I just wanted to say that this is tough.
There is one song that I loveeeeeee though, so it is an easy 20 points. :p :)

Good luck again and thank you Tolis for hosting. :D
3356 days 9 hours ago
hippydude126
GUESS WHO'S BACK, BACK AGAIN...
3356 days 9 hours ago
hippydude126
1) Holly Williams - Got a really nice country vibe going for it. A bit sweet for my standards but otherwise not bad             
2) White Chalk - The lead singer is unbelievably irritating, however the chorus is fantastic and that cello is funky             
3) Bim - I'm finding this one a bit soppy to be honest. Their voices harmonise well but it was all too Disney Channel           
4) The Sound of Arrows - Sounds like a discarded Pet Shop Boys tune. The mix of whisper and synths doesn't work             
5) Cordial Factory - Quite haunting. Prefer it towards the end when there is more going on. Overall fairly decent             
6) Anselmo Ralph - What a load of shite. This is the worst one of the bunch by far. How did this get a 6th place?                 
7) American Authors - This is one of my most successful entries so I hope it wins
8) Zedd - Hayley Williams is a Goddess. Obviously this is VERY poppy, however that isn't always a bad thing.                         
9) Nerina Pallot - She's pronouncing it wrong. Beside that though this isn't a bad effort, quite soulful actually                       
10) Jacynthe - Apparently she's Quebec's Paris Hilton, says it all really. The drop is impressive but the rest is hideous           
11) Frida Sundemo - Interesting enough but there is far too much vocal work going on in the chorus. Still undecided...       
12) Bat for Lashes - Not bad, just a little underwhelming. Her voice carries the song through but it's very forgettable         
13) Serena Ryder - Now this, I love! The whole thing has a very anthemic feel and the texture of her voice is beautiful       
14) Lucia - I remember this the first time around, and I love it just as much now. Her voice + that piano = perfection           
15) Machines are People Too - Again, I remember this one being brilliant the first time and it has stood the test of time     
16) Asaf Avidan & The Mojos - Remixes are usually out of place in TSC but this is fantastic, it's soulful yet clubby - great!     
17) Matthieu Mendès - They've seem to have put all the best songs at the end. Proper grooving out with this French pair
3356 days 2 hours ago
bibbles
welcome back hippy! im playing chauffeur tonight, in between the live eastenders so will listen tomorrow!!
3355 days 23 hours ago
Talian
1) Holly Williams - Not a fan of hardcore Country.. It felt a little too generic.. That wasn't bad.. Just a little too Country-ish.. Not a fan..
2) Conor Quinn & The White Chalk - Very The Editors-esque.. Not bad but too much of a copy-cat.. Maybe a studio version could have been better.. Like this it reminds me a lot of things and reminds me of nothing at the same time..
3) Bim - Very nice.. Very very nice.. Sweet.. Simple.. Armonies worked.. A very nice song! Really! Amazing!
4) The Sound of Arrows - A little too heavily-generic.. Not bad.. Just very standard..
5) Cordial Factory - Nice.. It kinda lacks a little verve and pitch.. But very relaxing..
6) Anselmo Ralph - No.. Better than other brasilian songs but still no Thanks..
7) American Authors - Aw well.. Nothing i can say about this.. This is just great!
8) Zedd - I love Hailey, i know she likes to Make pop sometimes, but Airplanes was much better.. This is still nice but she could have done better..
9) Nerina Pallot - i Don't like falsetto.. Anyhow.. Anywhere.. It just proves the singer's inability to sing.. And the song structure's overall a little weak..
10) Jacynthe - Tolis is slowly dragging me to this side.. Im trying to resist.. But this is actually one of the first songs im enjoying so far..
11) Frida Sundemo - I like her Voice, the sound reminds me of Robyn tho. The chorus is a total let down too.
12) Bat for Lashes - Wow! Just.. Wow!
13) Serena Ryder - There's sonething about her i really Don't like.. I Don't know.. I just Don't like her..
14) Lucia - Already Found this.. I never was too impressed by this.. It's a little boring..
15) Machines are People Too - Very FIFA-ish.. It's nice.. Nothing exciting tho..
16) Asaf Avidan & The Mojos - The Man that sings like a sheep.. The song is nice.. Thankfully it's the remix..
17) Matthieu Mendès - Very nice:)
3355 days 6 hours ago
krrais
1) Holly Williams : yes yes yes! i loved it and still do, country is always my thing, and tsc 140 is one of the best contests imo
2) Conor Quinn & The White Chalk : wow my 10 and 12 in tsc 140 playing first and second :p i like this a lot it always brings me in a good mood, idk if this is the same recording though? this looks like live? idk but still great
3) Bim : ohh 2013 was such a good year, i also gave this 12, maybe not the best song there is but its still very good, great duet definitely
4) The Sound of Arrows : shit tsc 140 again :) and i liked it and still like it, they make such unique music and this still sounds quite magical
5) Cordial Factory : i love this so much great folky song
6) Anselmo Ralph : its not bad but doesnt have too much appeal, very enjoyable still!
7) American Authors : stolen song :p ive loved it since i first heard it, its nice to see these band being more well-known
8) Zedd : umm my comment would be the same like my original comment :p
9) Nerina Pallot : very cute song, so relaxing, just what i need right now, loved it
10) Jacynthe : hmm its not bad its just not my style
11) Frida Sundemo : didnt take part in that contest but i listened to this after that and fell in love instantly, it stands out from its quirkiness and great dynamic and beat loves it
12) Bat for Lashes : i didn really like this, i think the voice doesnt fit the piano
13) Serena Ryder : yea loved this, kinda hoped this won but noah deserves it, very good beat and vocal
14) Lucia : yesss this is really good, great example of songs with strong piano playing
15) Machines are People Too : not jacob banks? :( this is good but the goodness of it doesnt stay long, it gets annoyinh after some listens
16) Asaf Avidan & The Mojos : again, not a bad song, just not my style
17) Matthieu Mendès : yea def my fav 2013 song from patrick, with laleh close in number 2, this is a different stuff but very very good, i love everything about it, the french feel, the music, the duet, great song!
3354 days 23 hours ago
bibbles
it was bobby!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Holly Williams
previous comment: very countrified. It was pleasant enough.
New comment: its still pleasant!!

2) Conor Quinn & The White Chalk
previous comment: he has an extremely strange way of singing, but it grew on me and I like the tune, its big production.
New comment: is this the same version that was in the last contest. I still like it, would like to hear a studio version.

3) Bim
previous comment: not sure if I like the harmonies, I like his voice, but hers is playing just off to the left, oh, and when she leads, his does the same! It was quite dramatic!
New comment: I prefer his voice to hers, but the harmonies sound better this time round.

4) The Sound of Arrows
previous comment: its okay, it’s the way its sung that I like rather than the tune, that can be a bit repetitious!!
New comment: not sure of the electro dancy bit in the background, but I do like bits of it, I could listen to it again.

5) Cordial Factory
previous comment: this is the dreary one, its just too ploddy!! And a bit too long!
New comment: its still dreary, it’s a bit folksy, it was okay!

6) Anselmo Ralph
previous comment: im not a fan of this kind of music, but there was something about it that kept my interest!
New comment: didn’t improve with age!!

7) American Authors
previous comment: from an advert!! A car one I think. I like this one, I think of using lots of advert music, and have done so in the past!!
New comment: have heard this soooooo many times it wearing a bit thin!!

8) Zedd
previous comment: very very very standard!!
New comment: jump, jump, jump, falls over, gets up, is it still going?? Not for me!!

9) Nerina Pallot
previous comment: I liked this, very soulful and a lovely hook to the chorus, very laid back!
New comment: a bit coffee lounge, it does have a nice hook, sounds like something from a 70s sitcom!

10) Jacynthe
previous comment: didn’t like this one!
New comment: another dancy one, my boobs cant take all this jumping!!!!

11) Frida Sundemo
previous comment: the tune was a bit aggravating and the repeating things were annoying, it wasn’t for me!
New comment: is this a song from frozen. It was bit repetitive!!

12) Bat for Lashes
previous comment: oh heres the first piano song, her vocals are way too deep and shes straining to reach that low, and then goes too high! It drags!! I think my earlier sugar rush I wearing off and the hot flushes are taking over, this is really dragging!!!!
New comment: those hot flushes aren’t getting any better!! It really does drag doesn’t it!

13) Serena Ryder
previous comment: a nice happy clappy song, quite liked this one
New comment: its is a nice bouncy song, her vocals are a bit nasally, but it was okay!

14) Lucia
previous comment: oh heres the other piano song, bit badly placed, straight after the other piano song. Its another slow dreary ballard! And its very very very long!!
New comment: its still quite dreay and still long!!

15) Machines are People Too
previous comment: it was quaint, with a nice little melody!!
New comment: I like this one, like his voice and the tune is quite good too!

16) Asaf Avidan & The Mojos
previous comment: sort of reminded me of passenger! It was a fun little song!
New comment: well of course this song is amazing!!

17) Matthieu Mendès
Previous comment: this was very pleasant and nice and it’s a good ending to the contest.
New comment: how funny, it was the last song last time!! Its quite nice!

open group

Tengaged Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!