This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Hollywood Week Day 5 (the second chance) Performance Thread

Topic » Hollywood Week Day 5 (the..

3688 days 14 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Judges have been notified to send results, hopefully we'll have results tonight!
3688 days 13 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
And by tonight he means MONDAY night. :P
3688 days 4 hours ago
MrPokeguy9
Good luck guys,

sadly I didn't get through with my X factor audition however the producer I auditioned for was thinking about it which is always a good sign, just thought I'd update since I said I was going on my previous comment lol
3687 days 20 hours ago
Deontae4Ever
Hey guys!!! SORRY!! I had the 15th stuck in my brain for the deadline!! My apologies!!

https://soundcloud.com/deontae-montez/all-of-me-by-deontae-montez-john-legend-cover
3687 days 20 hours ago
TolisKalkas
And by MONDAY night, he means some point in the overnight hours since he will be driving during the originally intended posting time.
3687 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Let's go alphabetical for the comments
3687 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
CANCANPIANO:

-Why did you option up on every "you"? That really threw me off and just did not fit with the line at all. Also why are people not reading the comments given to other contestants who did the same song in earlier rounds to see what they need to do differently in order to be better?        

- You had quite a few bum notes, if you can't hit the song in a key, either move it higher or lower, when you jump in a middle of a lyric, it seems a bit harsh on ones ear. I think you have a nice voice, but you keep on singing songs that are not in your range, and you need to pick songs that are, its imperative if you want to stay in the competition.       

- A marked improvement over last week FOR SURE. One thing I'd tell you to watch is to make sure that focus on each and every word you sing and don't just focus on the ones that you're trying to hit strongly -- a few of the "want" in "I will always want you" sounded a bit half-assed. It's nitpicky, I know, but every word in a song has its importance. There were also a few times where I felt like you were about to stumble on the lyrics or the timing was slightly off, but again, nitpicking. You sung the song well as a whole. Solid work, Sam.       

- I've heard you perform this song once before, and I have to say, as usual you have an awesome voice. The only thing is you tried too hard to change the arrangement and it made you go sharp. You can perform so strongly, I think you just picked the wrong song, overall not bad though.       

- I thought it was good and powerfull but not ur best. Some minor issues to clear up. Im only being hard on u cause u have an amazing shot at this. Would be a shame if you didn't make live shows.
3687 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
DEONTAE4EVER:

- To sing this song u really need pipes and I didnt think it worked in that key. I like ur lower register and would fine songs that play off that.

- LOL, Tolis just joked last round (though, there's a chance he was serious) about putting this on a banned lists of songs to use. I think this falls somewhere in between "Take Me To The King" and "I'm The Man." There were some nice parts, but you also had a fair share of rough spots. Don't hate you for this, not mad at ya, but at the same time I wasn't really moved either way.

- You needed to bring the backing track down a key, as your voice clashed with the music which made it a bit unpleasent for me. I love your soulful sound so its difficult for me, i would find songs that are lower like your voice is.

-This song really did not fit you vocally. The smoothness required for most of the melodies caused a lot of the issues of your pitch issues.
3687 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
DRAEVYNWRAITHE:

- I loved this! Not only was your pitch mostly on, but you connected so well to this and I love a good connection. It had a few sharp points but overall very nice. Your best perfomance by far!

- you had a few bad notes, but i think that this was the first time i heard you actually sing with passion, i could actually believe when you sang, past songs i didn't feel any type of feeling from you. i think that this was a great progress.

-Awwww... seriously... i wish this was the academy season again. Song choice getting better. Those few high notes definitely need work, but the rest was sweet. Legit saying awww. Seriously if you don't make it through, please do me the favor and come back! :)

-  I liked your voice with country but there were some issues. Overall a huge improvement and a good improvement. Liked it :)!

- This was quiet easily my favorite performance of yours thus far. *waves* This is the judge that has been making note that your notes come off harshly in the beginning, and I didn't get that feeling this time -- so perhaps it's song choice, or perhaps I'm just listening with a more open mind now, or I've gotten used to it. Regardless of what it is, I didn't hear it, and again, I think this was your strongest performance to date. There were a few moments where I heard what I'm going to assume is a fake accent (it's a pet peeve of mine when people do this just because they're singing country), but you didn't overdo it too much, and I think you did a solid job of selling the song. Solid work and improvement JUST at the right time.
3687 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
JOJO7784:

- The instrumental was quiet. I loved the softness in your voice and I hope u make it to the live shows so I can hear more of you. Well done.

- I think where you went wrong here was song choice. It's just a case where you chose a song that is much bigger than your capabilities at this point. That's not being rude, I just think the song is so drawn out that there needs to be some kind of dynamic to your voice that you lacked here. You have a nice delicate tone, but that wasn't enough to carry this. You tried your best, but Adele songs can eat many people alive, and to me, that's pretty much what happened here. Solid effort.

- I feel you started strong in your audition, and this week it was slightly less impressive. You were fairly solid pitch wise, but you need to work on your runs, and also make sure that you do something to make the performance go somewhere, and breathe control was an issue, even with everything i've said most of it wasn't very noticeable and the performance was not bad.

- I think where you went wrong here was song choice. It's just a case where you chose a song that is much bigger than your capabilities at this point. That's not being rude, I just think the song is so drawn out that there needs to be some kind of dynamic to your voice that you lacked here. You have a nice delicate tone, but that wasn't enough to carry this. You tried your best, but Adele songs can eat many people alive, and to me, that's pretty much what happened here. Solid effort.

- Okay I appreciate the risk on trying to tackle Adele, but henney it just fell flat. No energy, no life, and just trying to sing the song doesn't give us a good performance
3687 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
MRPOKEGUY9:

- Oh honey. Please do not over enunciate words. Like I can almost bet money you don't say noight when you say night. This is a big pet peeve of mine. Like you can have great pitch (except the last verse went a bit all over with the stylizations) but that over enunciation really irked me.        

- MUCH better, i really love the flavor you added to this piece, it was nice and bluesy and i really commend you for this chageup, it put you back in the right direction.       

- Your voice has grown on me a lot since I first heard you a few seasons ago. That's the good news. The bad news? I personally think this is the weakest of the performances that you've submitted this season. There were parts that were on, but there were almost just as many shaky parts. I think you have the potential to do well in TI, I really do, but I'm not quite sure this is going to be enough to get you through. With another recording or two of this, I think you could have cleaned it up and it would have been a much more consistent performance, but I get why you couldn't given the circumstances. Good luck at your audition!       

- I think you have a very enjoyable tone, and your voiice itself is so unique. I also like this genre of music for you, the only problem was you went a little sharp at points, I know you can do more.       

- I didnt think it was ur best. I think the key or something was off but it wasnt a really Good song choice.
3687 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
OWLB0NED:

- a few flat notes in the higher register, your tone is so nice, i hear a nice raspy tone, ms lohan please step up? I think that you have much potential just make good song choices.

- I think was better than your other performances, but i'm still not a fan. There are just too many spots when you go off pitch or sharp. I think with the right song you could do so well, but this was not it, even with that said, it was terrible, it was decent.

- I love your voice. I know the over-singing bothers some of the other judges, but I can appreciate it when it's done well. What I think you need to work on is making your performances sound more cohesive and flow better, as I just don't think they generally flow as well as they could. Just a bit disjointed, ya know? As far as this goes, there was some over-singing (as there usually is with you, but again, it doesn't bother me as long as you do it well) and it felt a bit disjointed at parts (again, another thing I usually hear from you, but not as much as it is most of the time). That said, as a whole, it was one of my favorites from this round. If you work on your consistency, I think you could do well for yourself in the competition.

- you know how much I love ur softer side. I dont think this song showed it off well. It was a little off key. I love you and hope u make it to lives.

- Jess hun, I'm gunna be honest. You should've picked a different song. This was all over the place and never really became solid vocally. You had the energy and confidence to attack the song, but vocally it just did not come together. This is probably one of my least favorite performances vocally from you. Energy wise and confidence wise definitely better than most of the previous recordings.
3687 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
SNOWFLAKE3:

- Okay, we really need to start a banned songs list. I'm over this song and all the melody movements kinda through you off.You were shakey at parts, but seriously, this has probably been your best potential in every season we've heard from you.

- I feel like I spent 3 or so seasons reading you to filth for sending straight-up singing auditions when your success in TI came with a combination of "rapping" and high energy performances. I pretty much wrote you off each time that you attempted to get by on singing alone, and you've done your best to make me eat my words by getting by so far this season on that. Not sure if you remember me clocking your for this over and over, but if you do, this moment should be pretty gratifying for you, because I'm about to admit you finally proved me wrong. I believe you deserve to make it into this season based on your voice alone. I have heard marked improvement in your voice, your choices, and your ability to carry songs that I didn't think you were capable of carrying with only straight-up singing. I enjoyed this, and again, I believe you deserve to make it into the season. Continue making good decisions on your song choices and you've got a shot at this.

- I like the wierd sound in ur voice. It works and I think it was a good song choice for u. Not the strongest vocal, it had some issues but overall it worked for me.

- i do not like this song choice for you, but you had a sense of vunerability in this piece, i think that you have a lot of room to grow in time, with the right song choices you can go very far.

- I think you have stepped it up so much, the pitch was on all the way through, as well as this being more enjoyable than your other performances. The only thing was the fact that this song is very overdone, and it didn't go anywhere.
3687 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
TURNEY1805:

-It took every ounce of strength not to listen to the track since it was so off with your singing. You have to sync those two together better because it legitimately kept through me off. If you had it sync'd properly, you would've been on beat for most of the song. There were a couple parts that threw you a bit for a loop. You need a little more energy with your performances though. Like pretend you are yelling at jake to get your energy up :)       

-  you are at it again! i think that in a lot of areas, i couldn't understand a word that you said! i wish your mic was louder so we could hear everything you had to offer.       

- I love you, but in my opinion, your performances and energy have fallen slightly with each performance you've submitted. I admire the fact that you've stuck around, as I know you don't really believe in yourself as far as this competition is concerned, but you still stuck in there and gave a strong effort. I'd be lying if I didn't say that I think this will be the end of the road for you, but I say that with a ~HEAVY HEART~ since I genuinely love what you've been trying to do. I don't know if you recorded this without the background track and then added it to it later, but I would guess that you did, as the timing for most of the performance seems pretty off. A good portion of the lyrics also came off mumbled, and I think you just had trouble keeping up with the speed of it. Again, I also think the joy that I heard from you on "Buzzin" has been missing with these last two. If it's any consolation, I LOVE YOU.       

- This was not your song, your last perform was full of energy and this one just felt bland, plus the song went nowhere. It was ok, but i've heard better from you.       

- The timing was way off and I didn't think this song was the best for you. If you were going to do it at least practice more and get the timing right :/.

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!