This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Season 14 Week 2 (Top 12)

Topic » Season 14 Week 2 (Top 12)

3114 days 13 hours ago
TolisKalkas
3114 days 12 hours ago
tdilindsayfan100
*sweats* Good Luck everyone!
3114 days 12 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Sorry for going MIA over the past 48 hours. It's the last week of the quarter and work is crazy busy. Got back to the apartment at 11 both nights and yesterday I just crashed on the sofa. This time I'm up to post the results I have received.

One more quick announcement. Dude has decided to step down as a judge. He'll probably post to explain his decision at some point.
3114 days 12 hours ago
Max7313
im so scared good luck every :(
3114 days 12 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Rollingderp failed to post a piece. Thus his score for the week is a 0 placing him in 12th over the past 2 weeks and automatically eliminated.
3114 days 12 hours ago
Max7313
robbed
3114 days 12 hours ago
TolisKalkas
So I'll be posting the critiques and performances alphabetically.
3114 days 12 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01gohan
https://www.4shared.com/music/LykIRXndce/Toxic_Cover.html
It was really great, I’m super pleased with this, barely anything bad to say so good job!
Was fun and light. Enjoyable performance. Needing a little more of a push
What an interesting song choice first of all! This isn’t all that bad, your voice kinda works with it. I didn’t think it would but you’ve surprised me my dear! This really worked with you, I’m very pleased with this! You didn’t over do it what so ever! You kept simple but it was nice! That one note when you said “round” was flawless, you slayed my heart. You were on point throughout, always kept up with the track. That one note at the end was a little iffy. But I liked this, good for you love!
You've had better. Felt a bit choppy at bit that made the phrasing clunky. Solid job on going with ranges and not second guessing yourself
3114 days 12 hours ago
TolisKalkas
americanidolfan
https://soundcloud.com/americanidolfan123/mamma-knows-best
flawless performance, I couldn’t be happier, you slayed.
It definitely seemed like you had fun while performing this week and it brightened the performance.
Oh Jessie with your shouting runs. You handled all the craziness well, but it gets to be too much at times to keep up consistantly. Overall it was solid, but got a little off here and there.
Right off the bat I knew this was a YOU song, hunty you got me hooked! Lovelovelove it! This is YOU, i’m happy with this! You had the vocals, the theatrics, the attitude, it all meshed well! You were consistent throughout the whole thing. You worked it, I can’t say anything bad because this was right up your alley. That one high note was a little rough but it doesn’t take away from the whole thing in which you frikin nailed it.
3114 days 12 hours ago
TolisKalkas
AndR31
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0nHmFsPIHos
Oh my dear! I know exactly how it is to sing this song hahah I did last season! very hard song to keep up with and really perform and have good vocals. It’s very hard to showcase good vocals with a fast paced song like this! That being said, you couldn’t really showcase your vocals, which affected this! It felt very boring, just the same over and over again. Second verse, you were a little behind. I’m not too happy with this! Song choice definitely affected this! That being said, you didn’t have very many bum notes or anything. It was just consistently the same vocals. I felt you were losing it a bit at the end, it just became rough and just definitely a struggle.
Overally great. Just careful with the key changing and when you had to go in the upper range of the song, it got a little shakey.
this is a fun a song to sing, and you didn’t make it fun so I’m dissapointed.
You made it clear you were enjoying yourself while recording this. Made it really enjoyable to listen to
3114 days 12 hours ago
TolisKalkas
carlisle
https://soundcloud.com/carlysles/blank-space
It was cute af, I can hear your sassy cuteness in your voice, it was lovely, I loved it!
Overall vocally solid, just be careful about words getting slurred together. Some words got mashed together and made it hard to follow along. At the end, the song seemed to get away from you.
Overall you had energy that kept the piece going. I felt like you held back though from truly letting yourself get the song going.
Your accent makes your performance just the cutest shit ever. You came out swinging though, first verse was great my dear! Some of the vocals in the chorus were iffy. But you did a lovely job! This was right up your alley, this is your comfort zone and I’m happy. This is your voice my dear! Take some notes and learn from this! Your run in “come” in the second verse was flawless my love! But this was cute! I’m happy with this! The end was a little rough, you were kinda all over the place, but then you picked it back up.
3114 days 12 hours ago
TolisKalkas
EnglishBB
https://soundcloud.com/englishbb/dance-with-somebody
I think the biggest issue that I had this week was enunciation. At times all I could hear were vowels and no consenants. Careful.
I thought the performance was quite lovely, you really did put an effort in and like I said, takes balls.
This was light and fun. I feel like something was holding you back though. I don't know what it was.
Yas hunty with this song choice! Right off the bat, super tricky song choice considering how deep your voice is and how high Whitney’s is! But you did a lovely job my dear! It sounded a little theatrical at first which I was a bit iffy with. But you really worked it to your advantage! You didn’t over do it at all! The chorus really showed in your voice which was very nice. The second verse there was a bit of a bum note which was noticeable but nothing too major. As well as in the middle of the song, there was some iffy notes, just be careful with the add ins, sometimes it isn’t the best idea & the ending was extremely rough. Good for you though, this took major balls to sing!
3114 days 12 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Kebin65
https://soundcloud.com/kebin65/call-your-girlfriend-cover-by-kebin65
Energy seemed to lack here and it made you kinda lose your vocals and your performance as we got closer to the end. Make sure you keep the energy up throughout the song
Overall, it was a good vocal, but you got a little shakey when you started going high. Fell a little flat.
Peformance was pretty simple, but like I said it was lovely
This wasn’t all that bad, you had some very pretty vocals in there! You struggled a bit with some others, but you did a pretty lovely job throughout. At some points, you even sounded like a contestant I’ve competed with in the past, it was nice! The higher notes are not for you my dear, they weren’t very strong. You have a good lower voice, it works for you, it’s quite pretty. You don’t always have to have high notes in a song, high notes don’t make a song. For example, Ellie Goulding rarely ever does high notes because she’s not that type of singer, her voice is naturally high. So really get to know your voice without high notes, you can do alot with it. But all in all, this was lovely.
3114 days 12 hours ago
TolisKalkas
kingdomheartslover
https://soundcloud.com/arepp17/classic-tg-idol-s14-week-2
Hard song with the tempo, and I think for a majority of the song you got it. It got a way from you a bit though and cuased inconsistancies
It seemed like you were caught up on making sure you were on beat and hitting the notes that you forgot to relax and have some fun with the song.
right off the bat absolutely love the song choice! But, you struggled with this song. It is a fast pace song so that makes things much harder but your runs were very flat. It seemed fast to the point that you were behind at some points. You tried making it more into a performance at some points but this really wasn’t for you. Especially the runs at the end were very bad, this wasn’t a good song choice for you. The intention was there, and I know you put effort into you, but like I said, definitely wasn’t your best and I’m very disappointed! I feel like you could’ve done better.
The performance kinda fell flat with the vocals, but I felt there was a decent effort within the performance itself so I’ll give you bonus for this. Just really watch the song choice, and make sure you’re 100% comfortable with what you’re signing.
3114 days 12 hours ago
TolisKalkas
lucasmaximo15
https://soundcloud.com/lucas-silva-437297273/rotten-to-the-core
Another fun performance. This week has been solid all around. Definitely brought the fun
Careful with songs like this because they can get a little too talk/talk-singing and lose the vocality. It was pretty good, but be careful when singing stuff with multiple voices as one. It can get a little messy when one person is singing 3 people's parts.
It was really great, you did everything and everything well.
Oh this is definitely different for you my dear. The sass though hunty, slay. You can literally do anything and I’m extremely jealous. Everything was there, you were sassy, had the attitude, you were a performer and you had the vocals. Your vocals in the chorus were great. You surprised me! I like surprises when they’re good surprises. This really showcases the talent you have and I’m happy with this. Good for you my dear!
3114 days 12 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Max7313
https://soundcloud.com/michael-marks-3574874/stick-to-the-status-quo-tki14
Group songs that you sing as a solo track without other people gets awkward because you are trying to balance all the voices and personalities to one performer. And it really showed with the incosistancies with tempo and pitch and trying to sing each part.
I’m dying at this song choice hunty hahahah so many memories! I don’t really know how I felt about this. You tried doing some runs that just fell flat. You were also behind at some points were noticeable. I don’t think this was the right song choice. I really wanted you to slay sharpay’s part and you didn’t which made me sad! But you didn’t totally murder it! The performance just kinda fell flat. I don’t think you were very prepared with it! This definitely wasn’t your best!
It was fun, but awkward that you are talking to yourself the entire time about sticking to the status quo.
Your performance was better than the vocals, I felt you had good intentions so i’ll give some credit there.

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!