This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Topic » Pit 5

2376 days 12 hours ago
RShowFreak
Welcome to tonight's LIVE Pit.

Tonight you are playing Dice Dice Baby.

In this Pit you will compete in 3 rounds of a die puzzle with each matchup participating in their own topic..  You will be given a 7x5 grid which consists of 35 squares.  One of those squares is a START square showing where you start.  There will also be 2 END squares which you must end on at different points.  To begin, you will begin a round on the START square on top of a specially configured (non-standard) 6 sided die.  On each face of the die is a number from 1 to 6.  When a round begins I will reveal your grid (start and ends) as well as what numbers are on each side of the die as seen in the example below:

http://imgur.com/a/nIue2

I will then reveal a sum value from 2 to 12 which you need to total when you land on the END squares.  You will land on 1 END square and whatever number is on top when you land there is stored.  Then whether you like it or not you must go to the next END square and whatever number is on top when you land there is added to the stored number.  The goal is then for that sum to equal the goal sum provided.  If it does not add up to the goal sum then you can change any of the numbers by landing on the end square for which you want to change the number on it.  You move the die by signaling a direction you wish to move the die (up, down, left, right).  When you move the die in a direction you rotate the die 90 degrees.

So in the example above, if you move up, the die rotates so that the number that was initially ON TOP now becomes the number in FRONT, the number initially in FRONT becomes the number on the BOTTOM, the number initially on the BOTTOM now becomes the number on the BACK, the number initially on the BACK now becomes the number on TOP, and the numbers on the LEFT and RIGHT remain the same.

Each individual will post their directions in their matchup thread whenever they make it.  But be sure of your moves as once you move you must work from that configuration as there is no reset button.

The first player to get the required sum of the die on the END squares will win a point.  It will be a best 2 of 3 match with the first to score 2 points winning the Pit and remaining in the game.

An example of moving using the link above:

Number on Top is 6

Move: UP (Number 6 moves from TOP to FRONT)
Move: UP (Number 6 moves from FRONT to BOTTOM)
Move: UP (Number 6 moves from BOTTOM to BACK)
Move: UP (Number 6 moves from BACK to TOP)

When making your moves you only need to post the directions and I will check them.

NOTE: Both matchups will have DIFFERENT die configurations and grid configurations throughout the Pit.

At any time you can ask me what numbers are on which side wherever you are on the grid and I will answer.

Any questions or clarifications needed before we begin?
2376 days 12 hours ago
RShowFreak
An example of a grid

https://imgur.com/a/4juGn
2376 days 12 hours ago
Noxity
So we need to get to the end asap?
2376 days 11 hours ago
RShowFreak
@Noxity

You need to land on each of the end spots and the number on top of each end spot are added together.  The person who can get that total to the goal sum given first wins the round.

So for example I could say The goal is 10.

You need to move the dice from start to the two end spots hoping the numbers on top on each total 10 so (4 and 6 or 5 and 5)
2376 days 11 hours ago
Noxity
So this is a luck game?
2376 days 11 hours ago
RShowFreak
Any other clarifications needed?
2376 days 11 hours ago
RShowFreak
@Noxity

No, this is puzzle/logic since you will be given the configuration of the die and need to figure out how to move in order to get the desired numbers to be on top of the goal spaces.
2376 days 11 hours ago
Noxity
Im literally so lost god fuckin help me
2376 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
hold on let me get paper LOL
2376 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
do we only know that 6 is on top?
2376 days 11 hours ago
splozojames50
once we get to the first end square will you tell us the second end square?
2376 days 11 hours ago
splozojames50
oh im dumb i see the example so we are given both end squares and we need to land on both of them and the sum needs to equal the sum given correct?
2376 days 11 hours ago
RShowFreak
@Jaxon

You will know the entire configuration of the die

Linked in the rules is what each section is labeled and when the round begins you will be given a similar image but with the numbers involved.

@splozojames

You will be given the grid at the start knowing the start AND BOTH end squares so you can take time to plan but know once you get it the game is on and first to get it wins the round
2376 days 11 hours ago
RShowFreak
@splozo

Yes, the numbers on top when on each end square will need to total the goal sum given at the start of a round.
2376 days 11 hours ago
RShowFreak
NOTE: When a player lands on 1 end square I will tell them what number is on top when it happens and if they ask, at any point I can say what number is where when you ask.

I will be keeping up with all 4 at once so I will do my best to keep up and answer in the order posted for each match up

open group

RSF Season 52: War of the Worlds

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!