This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Winners VS Runner-Ups Jury Questioning

Topic » Winners VS Runner-Ups Jury..

3504 days 2 hours ago
Gaiaphage
*Final Three Walk In*

Welcome Alex G., Jarrod, & Jeremy. Congratulations on making it to the final tribal council, and it truly is the "final" tribal council.

We'll now bring in the members of our Jury, Alex R., Andy, Rich, Coldan, Nick, Russ, Joe, Eddie, & Sean, voted out last tribal council.

Alex G., Jarrod, and Jeremy, you three have gone as far as you possibly can in this game, lasting 50 virtual days and nearly 40 real life days. You've beaten 19 other former finalists to make it here. In this final season, we see a little bit of everything. From blindsides, to underdogs, to firemaking duels, we have seen it all. In a game of 12 winners and 12 runner-ups, this was truly how the game of Survivor is played.

You've had a hand in the last 9 eliminations. They formed the Jury.

Although you three have been in a good spot all game, power has now shifted to them and they will decide who ultimately wins this game and becomes the FINAL SOLE SURVIVOR.

Here's how it'll work.

Finalists, you may make an opening speech. The Jury can question you or make statements as much as they'd like.

When satisfied, they will vote for the WINNER of Survivor: Bouvet Island- Winners VS Runner-Ups, and the FINAL WINNER EVER in Gaiaphage's Survivor Series.

Also Jury, when you vote, give a REASON WHY.

AND SEND A SECOND CHOICE VOTE IN CASE OF A TIE.

You have 48 hours. If more time is needed, it'll be given.

With that, we shall begin. Good Luck!
3504 days 2 hours ago
MMAjunkieX
I might relax (still tired from work) and watch a movie before I post my speech.  Feel free to fire questions at me whenever you like.
3504 days 2 hours ago
01Gohan
Me seeing the Jury: http://i.imgur.com/ipLgBu8.mp4

I think most of you are coming in here with a false sense of knowledge.

Many of you believe I sheeped the Winner's Alliance. This isn't true at all.

I plotted for days trying to figure out how to win this game, and I had a plan. It just didn't work out in the end. But hell, I'm not complaining, I'm in the Finals regardless. If you ask me why I didnt work with you guys then, it's just a matter of the fact that I'd be last in that group and I'd have a chance to get to the Finals with the way it may have turned out.

To anyone who's believing Sean's bullshit story about the bribing, that is also not true. If you want to be ignorant like him and not listen to what we have to say (as in Jarrod/I), then so be it.

I'm not going to sit here and let you guys bash me. I'm defending everything I've done in this game because I'm sitting here tonight. By definition I deserved to make the Finals.

I will, though, answer any question you guys have as honest as I can.
3504 days 2 hours ago
Gaiaphage
3504 days 1 hour ago
amf7410
Hello finalists. Congrats on being there, despite what people say, and some wrong choices I personally think a few of you made, you deserve to be there. You did something right to get there, but that's only 3/4 of the battle. Now you have to face a jury full of runners-up, who finally have the power in this game.

We all had ideas about what was going on, whether they were true or not. We all thought Jeremy was the leader over there, but based on what I was hearing at ponderosa, he was going to go 6th. That makes me want to vote for him MORE than if he was the leader, so good game for that info lmao.

But anyway, when I said there were certain people I wouldn't vote for, I was lying. I was just trying to get you to switch the vote. With that being said, two of you will probably have to do a lot of convincing to get my vote, but it won't be impossible.

I don't really have any questions at this moment, but I'll be watching and if I think of one, I'll let you all know.

Good luck finalists, and congrats again.
3504 days 1 hour ago
nbkiller
I'll wait until speeches are up before I do my one question.

(if y'all know me well enough, you'll know what my only question will be because it's the only question I ever ask if I'm on jury)
3504 days 1 hour ago
bingo21
My goal in this game was to put myself in a central position where I could survey what was happening, to be involved in decisions and have multiple options. This started day 1 when 2 main alliances formed on the winners tribe. The two sides (Eddie, Myself, Jeremy, Shadi and Joe) and (Eddie, Myself, Jeremy, Alex and Russ). Within these two groups I felt safe, decisions were made and people on the outs were systematically eliminated.

Coming into the merge I wanted to continue the strategy of having a contingency plan and I scoped out my options for a side deal. After watching the winners chat about the runner-ups I knew I wanted to approach Rich as he was probably the least trusted from the other side and therefore the least likely to be believed if he leaked information from our brief talks. At this point in time Eddie and myself also discussed the possibility of a winner/runner-up coalition. Ultimately we decided it was better to store that idea away as a back-up plan and see what happened at the first merged tribal council.

With the winners gaining the majority, my social focus became more introverted. I realise many of the runner-ups may feel I didn't try and form social bonds with them but in my defence communication is a two way street and at this point I was more dedicated to appearing as trustworthy as possible to the group of winners and strengthening relationships within that group. I began to use the group chat as more of an observational tool and branched off into more in-depth conversations with Eddie, Jeremy and Joe. By splitting my time between these players I felt I had a good feeding ground for information without coming across as playing all sides. I knew the group of winners wouldn't last forever and I put the feelers out to see if there was any interest to make a move at the final 9 and the final 8 to lukewarm responses.

At the final 7 I felt my work in building ties within the winners really paid off when Jeremy was targeted. At that stage I knew if Jeremy went home then I'd be soon after, so I went to work scrambling to change that vote. Joe was my first port of call and I asked if he'd consider voting out Russ or Sean instead. Joe didn't trust Jeremy so this path proved to be a dead end. Meanwhile I'd been talking to Eddie and we knew we needed to swing somebody to our side so I approached Sean to try and get him to vote out Russ. To secure Sean's vote I promised I would take him to the final 4. Obviously this was a huge risk but I felt like I needed something substantial to get him to choose our side and it paid off.

Moving forward things looked clear-cut for a final 3 of myself, Eddie and Jeremy until Eddie fell ill. This complicated matters at the final 6 and final 5 vote. While Alex was the initial target at the final 5 this move had potential complications and I approached Alex suggesting we use Eddie's self vote to take him out instead. My decision to target Eddie was made for a number of reasons. 1. Eddie was inactive and couldn’t help beat Sean in the final 4 challenge, 2. Eddie personally requested to be voted out and 3. I wanted to get Alex onside to prevent any potential plan of Sean and Jeremy voting me out at final 4 if Sean won immunity.

To sum things up I made moves when they needed to be made and protected people who I knew would protect me. I tried to always have a contingency plan and played a competitive physical game throughout the season. I feel like I've really fought in this game to keep myself in a central position where I could have a strong grasp on what was happening and use my ties to move further forward. This is evidenced by the fact that I'm the only player here with 0 votes cast against them in this game and the only player here who has voted for the player who left every single tribal council they attended. I'm not going to lie and say I played a perfect game, I'm know I made mistakes along the way and I'm sure I'll make mistakes tonight but I'm here to answe
3504 days 1 hour ago
bingo21
answer everything honestly.
3504 days ago
01Gohan
We all had ideas about what was going on, whether they were true or not. We all thought Jeremy was the leader over there, but based on what I was hearing at ponderosa, he was going to go 6th. That makes me want to vote for him MORE than if he was the leader, so good game for that info lmao.

There wasn't a clear leader.
In our season on Oman, I'd agree now that Zim was our obvious leader. But I do think that the Winning 6 were just a coherent group with no real leader. The leadership status only started to come about when the RUs started to talk about one.

The only reason Jeremy didn't go 6th was because of Sean. Sean got into Russ's head and made him want to take out Jeremy one round early if I recall correctly. Russ told too many people and word got out, and he got out. I only talked to Eddie in that vote, and he was the one to flip because he didn't feel safe.
Jeremy didn't even save his own ass at the F7 when he was going home. It was Jarrod; Once Jarrod was told he got people to flip, simple as that.

I tried to get out Jeremy multiple times, but no one was really willing to listen asides from Joe and Eddie, but we all know how that turned out.

Anyone who aligned with me received the plague and everyone just ended up voting them out.
3504 days ago
zimdelinvasor
Alex: Right now, I'm wavering between you and Jarrod for my jury vote. Jeremy isn't going to get it, because he explicitly told me he doesn't care about my vote, Joe's vote, or Eddie's vote. Obviously, I know you better than I know Jarrod -- but that goes back to way, way before the game, so I don't know that it'd be fair to take it into account. I'm mostly voting for or against Jarrod, but is there anything you can say about /your/ game specifically that makes you more deserving of it than Jarrod? Right now I am basically weighing out good and bad things about Jarrod; what are the good things about you, other than the fact that we are friends outside of this game?
3504 days ago
zimdelinvasor
Jeremy, you explicitly said that you did not care if three people voted for you, said at the last Tribal Council that you wanted out, and said that you were considering taking Sean to the end just to troll everyone instead of trying to win. Why should anyone even consider voting for somebody who openly does not care about jury votes or really care about winning the game?

On top of that, you were going to go home in 6th until I overplayed my hand and only made it into the majority because of a luck challenge and because Jarrod, not you, talked to Sean. Are you willing acknowledge that it was incredible luck that brought you to the end?

Jarrod: You weren't /as/ lucky as Jeremy, because you did talk to Sean... but the points still stand: It was a luck challenge that got you past the final six in a majority, and if I hadn't tried to oust Jeremy at 7, you would not be here. On the other hand, Alex was in on the plot to get rid of you guys in 6th/5th. He ended up in the minority after the luck challenge, yet still managed to end up here. But on the other hand, I do believe you played a better game earlier on than he did. Why shouldn't I vote for him -- someone who was set up well, ended up in a bad position due to someone else's poor decisions and a luck challenge, but still got here -- instead of you, who was set up poorly and primarily ended up in a good position due to my poor decisions and a luck challenge?
3503 days 23 hours ago
01Gohan
Zimdelinvasor-  I'm mostly voting for or against Jarrod, but is there anything you can say about /your/ game specifically that makes you more deserving of it than Jarrod?

Jarrod didn't have to play as hard as I did when it came to the end game. As soon as, and sorry to say this, but as soon as you fucked up it flipped the poles on this game.
I was in the majority, we were going to the finals together. Once the F7 vote came, Jarrod was in the majority instead. Since the Merge the Winners had a smooth run and as did the F6 alliance Pre-Merge, so neither of us had to work as hard then. But once the F7 vote had come and gone, I was in a bad spot. I had to try harder than Jarrod did to get to this end because no one was willing to work with me.

Jeremy is pompous and self-righteous, so it's hard to talk to him about anything.
Jarrod had his alliance set for the Finals. My Finals had just walked out the door.
Sean is impossible to talk to and also had an opportunity to get Jeremy out the previous round so I doubt he'd go for it again.
Joe was working with me and couldn't get out of the slump, just like I was.

The only person I could convince was Eddie. Eddie, the man who didn't want to vote with me, and said he was with the other side. I talked to Eddie for a good hour and a half before he got to work with me. Sadly, Eddie got sick and asked to be removed. But, he did spare me a round by the tie vote.

Once that came, I was SUPPOSED to go at the Final 5. I had Sean/Jeremy voting for me, and I thought I was done. I literally got ganged up on in that challenge. Everyone went to where I was and got me out first, I couldn't even save myself with immunity because they were so bent on getting me out. Jarrod came to me to vote Eddie. I would not have voted Eddie had he not been ill. Nonetheless, it kept me in this game for another round.

Jarrod won the F4 immunity, so he didn't have to do diddly squat. I, however, had to figure something out. Jeremy and Sean were going to vote me. Jarrod/I were going to vote for Sean. I had a plan to tell Jean to vote out Jeremy, then Jarrod/I stick with our vote to make it 2-1-1. Obviously that didn't turn out the way I hoped. Jeremy didn't care about what to do, and this is where Jeremy's stupidity shines brightest.

Instead of getting to the finals with a chance at both him/sean, he Self-Voted to cause an unnecessary 2-2 tie between himself and Sean. And when I asked him about it, all he said was "I did it for the lolz".

Anyways, I think I deserve it more than Jarrod because, despite us two having easy rides until the F6, once that point came I had to fight harder.
-------
What are the good things about you, other than the fact that we are friends outside of this game?

I feel as though I didn't make unnecessary deals. I had my F2 with you, F3 with Eddie (later it would be Eddie/Joe/Myself once you left). Those were my deals.

Jarrod made unnecessary deals. If I'm correct, he had:
F2 with Jeremy
F2 with Myself
F2 with Eddie
F4 with Sean
F5 with Eddie, Jeremy, Shadi and Joe
F5 with Eddie, Jeremy, Alex and Russ

He had 100% more deals than I had, and he said he doesn't want to break them but he has to at some point. I tried to play a more direct game, and I didn't make deals for the sake of making deals. I made deals with the intention of keeping them, Jarrod made deals with the intention of keeping himself in the game, in my honest opinion.
3503 days 23 hours ago
Caliboy
Lmao Alex you don't deserve finals nor the win honestly your ass got carried cuz Jarrod made a mistake voting eddie out over you when eddie would been an easy win against finals nor would have gotten me mad at his dumb decision because it def makes it sound that Jarrod did take Russ bribe/threat into account. Which is why Russ needs to STFU about jer not wanting either his joes and  eddies vote based on merits of the game. For again Russ once voted out talk to them saying he get his or their votes if they take me out! Now if that's not tarnishing than idgaf about your opinions cuz Jeremy actually respected Chris's last season and ignored it in a better fashion.

Alex you got Jarrod to thank for being there and I maibly got me o F4 thanks to my own doing and strategy. You say I am crazy but I'm not the only one. Jk but no for real you had not talk to me once besides tribal with Russ when I was pusposedly calling yall pussies to change yall minds on taking me out and it work. I got a double blindside form from Jarrod and jer who promise me a F4 but solely was suppose to be with eddie.

Now Jarrod you don't deserve tiitlw due to similar reasons but if you had committed to our proposal of us and Eddie in f4 I would actually believe that Russs words didn't phase/tarnish you one bit! So no your ass could had a solid case with me and jer but again you didn't take it.

My address to Jeremy, I knew what you were doing and trying to use me as support on jury is actually smart gameplay!! Alex pointed it out but hello it's called playing the game which he clearly didn't do. (Resyulting him not talking to me even when the plan was to vote you out at f7) but you did and played a game where I was able to trust your side to go all the way to f4.
The winners are going to pinpoint you as not doing anything or whatever but you are the fire king and saved yourself from many obstacles! So kuddos to you and Honestly my vote could of switch to Jarrod if it was us and Eddie in finals but it would of still been close between the two of you.

Honestly i do lik all 3 of you guys but I only have respect for 1 and call me ignorant but it really isn't its the faults in the games you two played.
3503 days 23 hours ago
zimdelinvasor
Sean, why do you have such a big problem with players making decisions to get themselves more jury votes? I don't quite understand that in a game that is about receiving jury votes.

Also, Jeremy didn't "ignore" anything. He talked to me for like... maybe two hours? He talked to me a LOT more after I was voted out than Jarrod did, actually.

You are making a lot of assumptions about conversations that you were not in.
3503 days 22 hours ago
Caliboy
It's not the fact they making decisions to do so its how you as a jury member acted upon doing so once voted out. Honestly don't feel you giving jer a shot because of how pissed you couldn't influence him to do what you wanted and hello it's their games not yours since your ass got blindsided and handed to you. So I would stop acting like you were in the right cuz your ass got 7th not 4th and have no idea what has endured after you left. And yes I know about what shit has been said but in all honesty it wouldn't had mattered as I had Jers trust and Jarrods so seeing how you tried so hard to get me out is disgusting as it did lead other directions that I can't respect. I don't give af Jarrod that you honestly believe you voted eddie last round as a cop out to follow his wishes of him being sick at one point he even said us 3 should take it. So no fuck the shade yall took from the jury has set againsty I l know I played a solid game that would of crown me the tittle but the mistakes bingo has made don't justify him as a winner as he just benefited Jers game.

Honestly everything that's been said mostly so far (alex and Jarrods) speech and aspect of game helps show how effective he's been and calling him a pompous a hole is just funny and irrelevant.
3503 days 22 hours ago
01Gohan
And yes I know about what shit has been said but in all honesty it wouldn't had mattered as I had Jers trust and Jarrods

Considering Jarrod voted you out, and Jeremy indirectly lead to your downfall as well shows otherwise.

So I would stop acting like you were in the right cuz your ass got 7th not 4th and have no idea what has endured after you left.

He has known, considering I just told him basically what went on.

helps show how effective he's been and calling him a pompous a hole is just funny and irrelevant.

I dunno, I'd rant against why MMA shouldn't win, but no one's asked me that yet. You could ^_^
Calling MMA pompous isn't irrelevant.
Pompous: affectedly and irritatingly grand, solemn, or self-important.

MMA thinks he's all that, and just like you, he thinks he's getting the win.
But the problem is that, Cali, no matter how hard you may push, the RUs are going to vote based off of who they want to win, not who you want to win. If it's Jeremy, then I'd be sad because Jeremy sucks at life, but if they think that's who's most deserving then so be it.

But the fact that you're also butt hurt that you got voted out is lol because you're being a hypocrite entirely.

Also, everyone makes mistakes. Jeremy's made mistakes. I've made mistakes. Jarrod's made mistakes. You've definitely made mistakes. Part of Survivor is making mistakes, and getting passed them. Another is the social game, which I think Jeremy lacks considering he once spent an hour arguing with Russ over the fact that using racist/homophobic terms are okay if they know you're joking because it won't affect anyone!

open group

GAIAPHAGE'S SURVIVOR SERIES IS OVER

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!