This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 283 Final

Topic » TSC 283 Final

2469 days 19 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
TSC 284 will be a themed contest, make sure you read the rules below and in the mailer before sending your entry. :)

TSC 284 Themed Contest - Africa

The other hosts and I have decided that we would to explore the music the world has to offer in greater depth.  TSC 284 will be an African themed contest where the artists entered will either be from an African country or have clear African ancestry. Africa is a continent that we feel is largely unrepresented in TSC, so we feel it would be a great place to start this series of themed contests. :) We hope that if this is successful we will continue with a different continent next time.

Summary of rules for TSC 284:

- Artists entered either need to be from an African country or have clear African ancestry (that can be easily researched). Just to save confusion and arguments we would say that having a grandparent from an African country would be sufficient to be entered into this theme.

- Any language can be entered. This is not a foreign language contest, but feel free to submit songs in different languages.

- Songs simply about Africa are not going to be allowed to be entered. The main focus of the contest will be on the music is coming from the continent or from artists with an African ancestry.

- All other rules count.
2469 days 19 hours ago
Temeky
Had an artist right away that I wanted to send.
Noticed that TolisKalkas sent her a few editions ago.

Fuck.
2469 days 19 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
He's also annoyed that he can't send her. :p

Just to clarify, I don't want this to become a debate about when is someone classed as African or not African (or having clear African ancestry). I just felt the need to put some qualifier as people were already discussing the fact that almost all of us have African ancestry to a certain extent going back thousands and thousands of years.

I felt the grandparent layer would be sufficient in this regards.
2469 days 19 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Also I will be accepted featured artists as the link to the theme. So if the featured artist is from an African country or has clear African ancestry, that would be fine too. :)
2469 days 17 hours ago
Insanity17
This is hard. I have a specific sound that I want, but I can't find an artist that does it.
2469 days 17 hours ago
Katey
Why is like every African song like 5-7 minutes long? Is that like a thing over there? LOL
2469 days 16 hours ago
Temeky
Sent a song, it should technically work but I dont know lmao
i guess we'll see, tough theme!
2469 days 14 hours ago
UnicornChicken
Thanks so much for the points everyone, especially Rod and Insanity for their 12s! This is technically the first time I've cracked top 10... even though I tied for 9th with 4 people lol. I'm kind of excited about this next theme! Really interesting!
2469 days 13 hours ago
Insanity
Which contestant(s) will complain about the theme I already know a couple of you silently are
2469 days 13 hours ago
onemanarmy
Not I... Took me a whole 2 seconds to pick a song..just waiting for the word Accepted, Makes it easier for me to decide to be honest, wanted to send this artist for a while but kept holding off on it. Now I am glad I did :D
2469 days 9 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Look at you Steven trying to stir up trouble. :p

If you are finding the theme tricky (so far that doesn't seem to be the case) or you want to give feedback on the idea, feel free to message me. Do not 'silently' complain. :p I would much prefer you to come to me about, rather than blurt out it after the contest has started.

This theme was my original idea, but I will not take it personally if people would prefer it if it was tweaked for next time. If we had more time I would have introduced this before last night, but we were kind of coming up with ideas at the last minute. Like I said, we're envisioning this to be a cycle of themed contests focusing on different continents and regions of the world. The next one will most likely be South America, moving onto Australia/Oceania, Asia and so on. We're still hashing out whether or not you can enter music from the well represented countries during these themes, but we can think about that later.

Here is a list of African countries btw that can help you in your search for music. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_and_dependent_territories_in_Africa
2469 days 8 hours ago
Katey
You're doing a great job, Catchy. I like a theme that challenges us. And who knows? Maybe I'll get my first top ten since my return with this theme. LOL!
2469 days 6 hours ago
Alexeh23
Loving this theme, was a lot of fun looking through the countries and I think I've found something pretty good ^_^ Not sure if it stands much of a chance but I love it.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!