This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Week 5 - 1000 Ways To Die!

Topic » Week 5 - 1000 Ways To Die!

362 days 17 hours ago
CutieAmy
Before we get started, and as you may already know, this week is a purge one! So no lip sync stage off battle. The submission with the worst weekly average will be automatically out, so make sure to do your best.

Now, for this week, you are tasked with submitting a song inspired by the has been show, 1000 ways to die. If you are not familiar with it, it showcases the most bizarre ways people died by. In that sense, you are asked to portray A CAUSE OF DEATH in the title of your submission. We will only judge based on likeablity, not based on how creative your title is. But ultimately, and in order for us to properly judge you, your submission needs to fit the theme.

There are two ways to do this:

1. If the title is already explicit enough for us to understand the cause of the death, then no need to add anything: examples being Drowning, Electrified, or Shark Bite.

2. If the title is not explicit enough, then feel free to add some words to further elaborate. For example, if the title of the song is drugs, then you can simply mention death by an overdose. Another example being if the song title is Strawberries or like literally any other food, then you can mention death by an allergy.

We are giving you a second way to do this since it could be a bit difficult having to only rely on the explicit approach.

If you have any concerns regarding your title not being unfit, then simply ask away!

You will have 24 hours to do this, deadline being 12 PM EST, 23/05.
362 days 17 hours ago
Maxi1234
THANK U ALI
362 days 2 hours ago
CocoVanderbilt
shakes at alison.
361 days 14 hours ago
Maxi1234
Good evening, folks. Without further ado, let's get the first official Max Ora Song Contest purge happening.
361 days 14 hours ago
coolKat
cheers sm
361 days 14 hours ago
deshonBANNEDISBACK
https://media.tenor.com/9d__ow2u0a0AAAAC/antm-panel.gif
361 days 13 hours ago
Maxi1234
Before I continue, let me just say, that last night, I asked everyone who they thought should be eliminated and why. This is what was said.

MATT
"i think littlemix should have been eliminated instead of malamente."

ARON
"whoever has the least points is who should be eliminated"

COCO
"nevra"

ANDREW
"Girl me"

DESHON
"wow so many people tbh lemme think

coco tbh i think she's abit overrated and smug"

GALAXIES
"I think CocoVanderbilt should be eliminated for voting Samsam to win stars."

JOURDAN
"i think i’m gonna go with Coolkat. i think they’ve been submitting kinda predictable/generic music from the start and have really only had one good week :S"

KEMI
"me"
361 days 13 hours ago
Maxi1234
Some people served cunt, others... were very boring in their submissions. Kind of tells you who the REAL stars of the seasons are.

Anywho, let's start this purge off the right way.

In FIRST PLACE, with 32 points...
361 days 13 hours ago
Maxi1234
361 days 13 hours ago
Maxi1234
DESHON with Quicksand by Hatchie.

This is the first time in Max Ora Song Contest HISTORY where someone wins a round back-to-back. Congratulations Deshon!

MAX
At first I was like « damn another slow ass song from Deshon, smh… » and then the build up hit… whewwwww, I was SHAKING! This was fucking fantastic, and my favourite submission from you so far. The vocals, the story, the lyrics, everything about it was pure magic and I’m absolutely LOVING the fact that you’re destroying the competition lately. Keep this up, you seem to have figured out what works for all three judges. FANTASTIC job!

ALI
oh yass dream pop! Dream pop can be so boring, but this one is like saur good, fun cute and bop overall. I already knew the song, but like I can never hate on it!

NEVRA
Yassss Hatchie!! she’s a little bit of a snore 😴😴😴 now but I can’t deny that a hit’s a hit! This really does eat…. not my favorite by her but easily one of her best for sure! I do want you to dig a little deeper BUT I have been really liking your past couple of songs! Keep it up!
361 days 13 hours ago
Maxi1234
In SECOND PLACE... with 29 points...
361 days 13 hours ago
Maxi1234
Galaxies with Cardiac Arrest by Bad Suns!

MAX
Every time I see your submissions I always the impression that they’ll be horrible. Like last week’s submission, this, again, was SUPER good. The way the vocalist sings «my cardiac arrest!! » is so pleasing and hits my brain nerves so good. What I’ll commend you for is the way you stick to YOUR taste, while trying to take risks that’ll translate well with the judges. I think the other contestants underestimate you, and I wouldn’t be surprised if your songs kept getting better! Loved this!

ALI
Omg yas indie rock! It's very on brand for me to listen to songs like this. You have been experimenting a lot, like none of your submissions sound the same so like good job on that.

NEVRA
Oh I was honestly a little worried for this but bitch…. I’m kinda gagged…. This era/genre for men was so like… they were serving cunt?? It’s just so coming of age movie you rent with your grandparents and then feel like a changed person afterwards yk? Idk but I yassed….
361 days 13 hours ago
Maxi1234
In THIRD PLACE... with 28 points... winning the tiebreaker in a 2-1 vote...
361 days 13 hours ago
Maxi1234
KEMI with Overdose by Ciara!

MAX
This song was so funky, LMFAO… I liked it but it felt very lazy, as if there was not a single thought behind this at all. It feels weird ranking this song so high, but it would feel even weirder ranking it lower than this. Athough this song is what you would consider basic, it works… surprisingly well? I love her vocals and the Y2K vibes this gives off. It’s very Danity Kane. Nonetheless, I do think you’re climbing yourself back up in the judges (Nevra’s) good graces. So good job!

ALI
lmao Ciara such a throwback, but like bop so go off.... catchy, fun, and the beat is good, no complaints!

NEVRA
LMFAOOOO YASSSSSSSSS this is SO GOOD!! Loves Ciara sm trans girl power!!! No this is so campy so fun I’m moving sm….. she truly deserve more success like…. I don’t have much else to say other than you ate this week Kemi…. I still hate you tho
361 days 13 hours ago
Maxi1234
In FOURTH PLACE... with 28 points... losing the tiebreaker in a 2-1 vote...
361 days 13 hours ago
Maxi1234
JOURDAN with Choke by I DON'T KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME!

MAX
FINALLY… some sort of VERSATILITY. I was so happy to see you didn’t submit Grimes or something along the lines of alternative-indie pop. This feels very fresh compared to the other songs you’ve sent in before, and I think for that reason, I have to rank you higher than I would normally. I will say though, this week was stacked, and to me, this kind of fell in the background. I also preferred Matt’s « Choke » more, so I don’t think it’s possible for me to rank this any higher. I will commend you for trying, because I do think your original submission probably would’ve done worse. So good job for stepping out of your comfort zone babe!

ALI
Oh immediately a huge fan like I am listening to submissions on shuffle and dying to know who submitted this bop! Okay let me take a peak... omg Jourdan slay me!!!! You rly took the critique to heart and gave us something completely unexpected. I am so proud of you!

NEVRA
PLSSSS I remember this being sent to that hell hole TSC, but I liked it then! And I like it now! It’s very gender swapped Zoey Deschanel performing in the dirtiest dive bar in NYC on Christmas Eve manic pixie dream girl core ykwim? Bawp!

open group

Max Ora Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!