This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Live Show #7

Topic » Live Show #7

4228 days 9 hours ago
Danielvk
Tengaged has voted, and America's songs are
Andy Grammar - Keep Your head up
4228 days 9 hours ago
Danielvk
Lady Gaga - Telephone
4228 days 9 hours ago
Danielvk
Kelly Clarkson - Behind These Hazel Eyes
4228 days 9 hours ago
Danielvk
Christina Aguilera - Beautiful
4228 days 9 hours ago
Danielvk
Maroon 5 - Payphone
4228 days 9 hours ago
Danielvk
and Britney Spears Hold it Against Me
4228 days 6 hours ago
Tommy1212
Christina - I liked it, it was enjoyable and fun, it's no shocker that i am not your biggest fan, but tonight you really showed why you deserved to return, Janelle is just silly for sending you home in Week 1, well done!

Andy - Andy, I used to hate you, you got on my nerves, but recently you have grown on me and I ALWAYS look forward to seeing what you are going to perform next! you are the underdog, and you're showing us that people like you CAN get far! A LITTLE bit too cheesy for me, but well done.

Britney - The past couple of weeks I was REALLY dissapointed in you, this week is much BETTER! It's different to the rest of your songs, vocals a bit samemy, but maybe that's just you. I liked it, well done.

Kelly - I LOVE LOVE LOVE live performances, but the one thing that irritates me most? It's a bad Live performance! It puts me off so much, your vocals were good, but they have been better. I think this was a poor choice of song from you and your mentor tbh, horrid to watch. Good Luck

Maroon 5 - Ohhh even though I LOVEEE this song you KEEP repeating stuff! It's like you're running out of songs to sing and it's obvious to us. Your vocals were again on point, but I just think it's way to safe at the final 6, Good Luck

Lady Gaga - Perfect vocals! You have just showed how versatile you are, even on billboard week! You hit the notes beautifully, you added your own charisma to the song. You had me in awe the whole time, you literally left me speechless. Beautiful Live performance. So proud to have you on my team! WELL DONE *stands up and claps*
4228 days 6 hours ago
Keyston
Great job to just about everyone tonight. Here are my thoughts and I look forward to your next performance chosen by tengaged!

Christina Aguilera “Your Body” – I am relieved to have you back in the competition. You are amazing and this song was incredible. Your voice is just stunning and this was yet another incredible performance for you. You could definitely come back and win this whole competition.
Andy Grammer “Fine By Me” – It’s easy to know why this song was on the hot 100. This song is hot! Your voice is so soothing. Compared to the other artists in the competition, you’re an underdog. Sadly for them, you’re going to come out on top.  (and that’s fine by me, ha)
Britney Spears “3” – Autotune again? Can you sing at all? I doubt it. If you need autotune to make you sound okay, you’re in the wrong competition. And what were you wearing? Nobody wants to see your fat belly dangling out, okay? Sadly, and I mean SADLY, this was probably your best performance so far LOL
Kelly Clarkson “Perfect” – The title of your cover was the rating I’d give your performance; PERFECT! I actually prefer your version to Pink’s. You always blow me away! You are one of the most consistently amazing performances on this show. It was a complete privilege listening to that. Thank you!
Maroon 5 “One More Night” – This was a great performance, but you were outshined by far. I have been a fan of yours throughout this competition, but I feel like you’re time to go is coming up soon (right after Britney).
Lady Gaga “Speechless” – YES YES YES. This is such a winner. Your raw voice shines brilliantly! This was exactly what we needed you to do tonight. Going last this week, you get the honor of knowing that your performance was the BEST of the night. I loved this and think if you keep this up, you’re going to gain momentum and steamroll the competition!
4227 days 20 hours ago
Hestia
I don't know what your problem is, Keyston. And I also don't know what kind of education you were given.

It's totally fine that you don't like Brit's music. Everyone is entitled to their own likes and dislikes. But it's not ok to make derogative comments on her appearance, you big bully.

Honestly, I can't figure out if your problem is with Britney Spears, myself or both of us. Either way, it's pretty pathetic because:

1) Judges are not allowed to be biased by their personal music tastes. You're supposed to be impartial.
2) It's not like you know Britney to have such a petty hate for her.
3) You certainly don't know ME, so you couldn't possibly have something against me.

I'm sad this is the last time we get to hear the judges opinions, but I am certainly happy that I won't be hearing from you again.

Ta Ta.
4227 days 16 hours ago
Keyston
I have nothing against you, Hestia. I just hate Britney's music. She cannot sing. He has NO real talent. Her voice is completely autotuned in every song. When you compare her music to that of the other contestants, they actually do sing. We have heard live performances where they just nailed it without any help whatsoever.

Do that with Britney...lol. Oh wait, she lip syncs.
4227 days 15 hours ago
Hestia
I do agree that she uses autotune WAY too much and that that's very annoying at times. But like I've said to you before, there's more to the music industry than vocal talent. There's the music, the lyrics, the dancing and the ability to put on a good show! All these things should be taken into account when judging a competitor, not only the voice.  Also, if Britney was not talented, she wouldn't be the icon she is. Her Golden Age might have passed, but she is still a superstar.

I'd also like to add that besides judging the music artists, you should be judging the competitors on their originality, on how the songs they pick feet the themes, etc. This is not just about the artist you picked on day 1, it's about your overall performance throughout the show.
4227 days 15 hours ago
LUPIE
@Hestia

Not for a SINGING competition though (dull)
4227 days 15 hours ago
RitaBlankets
I agree. Originality comes into play (and you would obviously know that Keyston takes this into consideration if you actually bothered to read his comments for the other competitors) but you cannot win a singing competition based on originality alone. If the bitch can't sing, what is she doing in a singing competition?
4227 days 14 hours ago
Hestia
Lets say you guys are right and that the X Factor is a singing competition (although I always thought of it as a music talent show, taking into account tons of things + the singing!)

If vocals are the most important thing here, what do comments about Brit's "fat belly" add to a judge's comment?

Lets be consistent, please! There are 2 possibilities:
1) This is a singing competition and such comments are rude and unnecessary.
2) This is a music talent competition which takes into consideration such things as lyrics, entertainment, dance, LOOKS, (etc) and Britney HAS some talent besides her voice.

I see no point in just downgrading a candidate week after week just because her vocals are "the weakest the group". Sure, auto-tune can be a MAJOR turn off! But there is always something positive you could have said for each one of the performances. And even if you didn't want to say anything nice, you could at least not have been MEAN.
4227 days 14 hours ago
Hestia
I don't want to continue arguing. There is no need to belabor my point, anyway. I think everyone understands what I was trying to say and why I decided to say it.

Summary for those who came late: I snapped because I was sick of having to listen to Keyston's less than nice remarks week after week.

The comp is almost over, so lets just get over this whole thing. Janelle has worked hard for this and she doesn't deserve all this drama happening.

open group

Janelle's X Factor Series

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!