This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC Beta 35!

Topic » TSC Beta 35!

3544 days 13 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
14) The Fray - 'Never Say Never'
3544 days 13 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
ALL 14 SONGS HAVE BEEN POSTED!

Listen to all of the songs, post your comments and then PM your votes to me in the usual way, (12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1) to your favorite ten songs. If you don't know how to vote, please PM me.

You cannot vote for yourself or discuss voting with each other. You are not allowed to reveal which act you submitted.

You have until Wednesday, August 20th at 7pm BST/2pm EDT to submit your comments and votes.

The Results show will be later that day, at a time that I will schedule ASAP.
3544 days 12 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
Since I feel like I half-assed the hosting for this portion of the contest, I feel compelled to comment.

01) Hilary Duff - Not my favorite Hil-Hil, but still something I can definitely get down to.
02) Snow Patrol - One of the many "this SERIOUSLY HASN'T BEEN ENTERED BEFORE" entries lately. It's pleasant as hell, but I feel like the ridiculous amount of times I've heard it (poorly) covered will have a sliiiight impact on it when it comes to voting. Still, it's a nice song and kinda a classic at this point.
03) Paloma Faith - Nothing, I mean NOTHING, will ever top "Stone Cold Sober." That being said, she is fantastic and I always appreciate her artistry. Such a distinct voice.
04) James Blunt - I'm not a fan of his, but I will say that I like this more than his other popular work.
05) Kacey Musgraves - I feel like it's slightly cheesy, but I actually really appreciate the message of this. Pleasant little song.
06) Hoobastank - Classic that I've wanted to submit a few times, but I'm too big of a puss to take a 2 point penalty for using it considering it's from 2003. ;) I think it's well worth the penalty, honestly. Though, listening to it today, it doesn't have the same magic that it used to a few years ago for me.
07) Gabriella Climi - Ooooh, I never knew who this by, but every time I've heard it before I've thoroughly enjoyed it. This time was no different. The vibe of it is lovely. NOT SURE WHY I'VE NEVER LOOKED IT UP. 
08) Example - There's elements of this that I enjoy and elements that I don't care for. Definitely not bad, but I'm a bit torn overall.
09) Becky G - Becky G, I'm sorry I called you a gap-toothed bitch, it's not your fault you're so gap toothed. This has been one of my guilty pleasure summer songs, so glad that it's being entered right before it ends.
10) One Direction - It's not bad for a 1D song. I feel like that's pretty much all I can say 'bout that.
11) Ashlee Simpson - *lip syncs the words "screw you" to whoever submitted this* I HAVE BEEN CONSIDERING SENDING THIS TALENTLESS TRICK FOR THE ENTIRETY OF MY TIME IN TSCB, BUT ULTIMATELY, JOJO TOOK THE CAKE.
12) Enrique Iglesias - It's fun (and I won't argue this ISN'T better than the English version), but the foreign language bug might just take a bite out of this one for me. We shall see.
13) Miley Cyrus - Not ashamed to admit that I use "my best friend ________ says that I'm just bein' Fritzy/Stevie (depending on the situation)" from time to time. Nope, not ashamed.
14) The Fray - I think I've said that The Fray are probably my favorite band of their niche, but if I haven't, The Fray are probably my favorite band of their niche. They ~get me~

Gonna have a hard time voting!
3544 days 9 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. Hilary Duff - Oh dear, I remember this song. Something that was played on radio quite a lot, not bad at all.
2. Snow Patrol - The necessary "WTF THIS HASN'T BEEN ENTERED BEFORE?". What a classic song, but for some reason it doesn't speak to me as other songs that I deem as classics.
3. Paloma Faith - I WANTED TO ENTER THIS NEXT! I love this song, it's just PALOMA PALOMA PALOMA to me!
4. James Blunt - Not doing too much for me :l
5. Kacey Musgraves - I prefer Merry Go Round to this, I just don't really feel her other songs. WAIT WHY IS SHE SWEARING LOL.
6. Hoobastank - This is such a classic song, oh my, although it'll take the penalty, it deserves its place in this contest. Amazing.
7. Gabriella Cilmi - Never heard this before, but I am liking the vibe to it. Splendid choice.
8. Example - It's probably one of his only songs that I can listen to without cringing. Still, there are still some cringe-worthy parts in this song that makes this song a bit unbearable.
9. Becky G - THIS IS SUCH A GUILTY PLEASURE. Although I prefer Wil Heuser's parody of that. Still love this.
10. One Direction - It's actually a very good 1D song, something completely off their style. You can just feel it.
11. Ashlee Simpson - IS THIS THE CHICK WHO GOT CAUGHT LIP SYNCING ON SNL LMFAO. It's not really my style.
12. Enrique Iglesias - His only song that I actually enjoy and it's foreign LMFAO. Loving the latino feel.
13. Miley Cyrus - I will pass.
14. The Fray - They're becoming the TSCb's "overused" artist. Meh, it's not bad, but I mean really, why send them again @_@
3544 days 7 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
01) Hilary Duff – I like how the video starts and it looks like we’re in for some rocking out…BOOM…It’s Hilary Duff! :p ‘Come clean’ is such an underrated song by her and unfortunately this is not as good. It is better than I thought it was going to be though lol :p ?

02) Snow Patrol – This song imploded years after it was first released. It suffered from overplaying on the radio and it is only now that it is returning to be only played occasionally. I like this though, I feel ‘run’ is a better song though.

03) Paloma Faith – Why this song? Some of the tracks from her last album would have swept the competition. This is just a little bit forced in my opinion and it sounds awkward in the verses. But I’m being hyper-critical because I know some of the other songs she has produced are phenomenal. Still a pleasant enough listen, even after the slightly high key change. :p

04) James Blunt – Did you know he was in the British army? That fact follows him everyone. :p Not bad actually, probably his best track for me. I could not stand ‘you’re beautiful’. Actually I really like ‘three wise men’. Enjoyable for sure.

05) Kacey Musgraves – The first act I have not heard of, I guess she is bigger over zee pond. :) Oh that play on words, she nearly lost the important Bibbs points then. :p Jolly and fun. As country goes for me, this is one of the better entries TSC has seen recently from that genre. :)

06) Hoobastank – When I was younger I used to think this band was called ‘Hoobaskank’ :p Yeah nice, I would rank this behind Snow Patrol though. It goes on a little…now that I listen to it again in full, it never really picks up.

07) Gabriella Climi – Another female singer I would not like to get on the wrong side of lol! A bouncy little summer song. It is always nice to put a face behind a song. Pleasant enough.

08) Example – I entered example before. :) I’ve gone off him on a personal note since then because of how he is so arrogant. The song is ‘meh’, he has way better stuff in my opinion. In his newer work, it just seems like he is trying too hard.

09) Becky G – unless I’m totally out of the loop, this girl has not made it over the pond either. :p I wonder how many times ‘like the 4th of July’ has been used as a lyric in songs? :p Again it is not going to set the world alight for me (like the 4th of July :p), but it is a good entry.

10) One Direction -
Sorry I had to, ^ I love that video. :p I like how they all take turns to sing, almost like they are performing in a school assembly, eh Bibbs? :p I like watching the official video though, I can almost not see the strings attaching them to Simon Cowell. Getting back to the song, it probably is one of their better ones, but it is just so insincere.

11) Ashlee Simpson – I always felt sorry for her. She will always be remembered for the lip-syncing incident. :( I prefer ‘Lala’, but honestly this is a pretty good song. A little dated now, but still up there in this contest. :)

12) Enrique Iglesias – Ehhhhhhhhhhhh! Ehhhhhhhhh! Why can I not be there friend? Ehhhhhhhhhhh eheheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh. Ooh that Spanish accent-o. I always love the fact that if his name was English, it would be Henry Church! :p Catchy and enjoyable for sure. :)

13) Miley Cyrus – Yeah! Pre-meltdown Miley! Work those pink glittery starssssss girrrrrlllllll! Good fun and all right for what it I suppose. I love how surprised she looks to have gotten through the song without anyone noticing that she is lip-syncing. :p

14) The Fray – It will be so interesting to see who wins the battle out of The Fray, Hoobastank & Snow Patrol. :) Ooh I like the falsetto. :) Actually this is probably the winner of ^ said battle for me. Probably the surprise of the contest, as I do not really know any of their work apart from ‘How to save a life’. :)

Thanks for hosting, Fritzy!
A great contest for sure. :D
3544 days 6 hours ago
Talian
Hoobastank's song Was relesead in 2003 O.o
3544 days 5 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
Yep, Talian. It's a two point penalty for every year it goes beyond 2004, so only two points off.
3543 days 20 hours ago
Talian
I didn't know that:) well ITs not big deal Then :)
3543 days 18 hours ago
Talian
01) HILARY DUFF - Omg this makes me feel so old.. Like i used to loooove this ages ago! But definetely my fav Hilary Duff's song ever! She was great back then.. I can't get why she is like that right now.. I mean.. "Chasing The Sun" is unlistenable!

02) SNOW PATROL - I have been looking for this song for a long time! I always liked this but never found out Who was this by. This is just awesome!

03) PALOMA FAITH - Ok guys so please stop.. Its no long i have been on TSC/TSCb i know.. But these are the Paloma Faith's songs that have been submitted until now:
- White & Blue
- Changing
- .....And this one.
Ok i mean.. She is awesome.. But you can't chose her only bad songs.. I mean.. This is much better than the previous 2 but still not awesome like any other Paloma's song..

04) JAMES BLUNT - I'm not really into him.. I don't like his voice.. This wasn't bad at all.. It was still his shining time.. But the only song i can actually bear is "You're Beautiful" .. This is too monotone to me..

05) KACEY MUSGRAVES - Another female country O.o if the trend keeps going this is gonna win.. I don't like it tho..

06) THE HOOBASTANK - One of the best song ever!! I mean.. This is awesome!

07) GABRIELLA CILMI - I remember submitting her on my 4th main TSC.. i almost got a win With her (if it wasn't for that sole juror i would have won.. Urg.. That still pains guys! Lol) but With that being said.. I love her.. And i love this song!

08) EXAMPLE - No.. This is not for me at all..

09) BECKY G - The bridge is actually very cool.. The rest is latter for me..

10) ONE DIRECTION - I actually can't believe how far did i go With them in my only The X Factor group game in here! Actually this a huge guilty pleasure for me! I like this! Like,. For real.. :)

11) ASHLEE SIMPSON - You will never be Britney, Ashlee! Embrace it! You're just a stupid hoe.. And you're not even good looking!

12) ENRIQUE IGLESIAS - I can't believe this charted O.o i mean.. It was a while since He last charted.. He really deserves to come back to his original fame! Guilty pleasure #2 .. This is super nice!

13) MILEY CYRUS - Hannah Montana totally ruined her.. She could be much better without all that ass shaking She does now (sorry i can't remember the name) to prove she's not MILEY Steward anymore.. That's a shame.. I used to really like her..

14) THE FRAY - I was wondering about submitting them this TSCb too :/ Well this is pretty good..
3543 days 1 hour ago
Limegrass
01) Hilary Duff - YES, JUST YES. I love Hilary Duff's music career and I'm so pleased she's come back to it this year. It's not her best song, but it still makes me happy remembering all of her success and great stuff.
02) Snow Patrol - Literally if I had a pound for every time I heard this song on the radio. It's a staple for any british dramatic montage, like during the x factor tense moments or something.... it's a really good song in its own right, but it's just become way too predictable now. A bit grating.
03) Paloma Faith - Unlike some other people who have already commented; this is my facourite Paloma Faith song, because of it's brutal simplicity. Listen to that drum and brass going all the way through and Paloma working her vocals in around the music. It's sublime, and I don't understand why anyone would want to listen to anything other than that sultry vocal.... Great song.
04) James Blunt - I DIDN'T REALISE THIS WAS AN EARLY JAMES BLUNT SONG. It's not half bad, but it's also kinda half good. It's like they sort of stopped production on it half way through and said "yeah that'll do"... a bit predictable, so not really making too much of an impact.
05) Kacey Musgraves - If you enter country, you're just automatically in my top points, there's just something great about the whole vibe of the genre. I love the jolly feel of this song, and the way it melds between the chorus and the verse, it's like 2 different songs. Lovely melody going through, and it just made me smile. Lovely. I also love the way it subtley supported LGBT by saying "kiss loads of boys and girls if that's what your into", gutsy in the country genre, but good.
06) Hoobastank - i don't think I've heard this song... which is quite surprising, because I'm definitely aware of it. It's not bad actually, and the chorus is really catchy, with the elongated notes. Yes, very catchy.
07) Gabriella Climi - I WAS TRYING TO FIND THIS THE OTHER SAY AND I COULDN'T SPELL HER LAST NAME. Her voice sort of changes between the 2 different parts of the song, and it's actually really refreshing listening to the chorus and verse in a different light. Solid enough with the melody, but it does sort of drift alogn without punching too hard.
08) Example - Where has example gone? I saw him at T4 On The Beach in 2011 (Don't judge me, I was 15) and I haven't really heard anything since this song and that Kiss song. It's not bad, but it's not the best in its genre, or the best by the artist. Alright.
09) Becky G - I'm not really getting this. She's trying to be too many different things and in the end she's just not defining the song as good, just a mish mash of every possible music genre she can cram into 3 and a half minutes. Bit vague.
10) One Direction - I get SO much abuse from "Directioners" on Twitter, and I don't even know why. I don't understand the hype over them, but this song and Kiss You are the only songs I can honestly say I like and listen to on a regular basis. So this isn't a bad song by any means, but it has been murdered by the radio again, so I know the lyrics without even having a copy of my own. Not too bad. Do feel like I should give them points for makign this as well, but I shall refrain >>>>>

11) Ashlee Simpson - I love how it feels like I know this song already, because of all the guitar and no finished notes that were sort of standard in the early and mid noughties. It's not bad, but I wouldn't go and find it especially for my pleasure.
12) Enrique Iglesias - I'm not really appreciating this to be honest. I can understand why someone would think it's good, but I don't really like the whole spanish vibe he's giving off. Like, he hasn't done it so far in his career, why should he do it now? Oh I like the chorus, I'll say that, but the verses have left a lot to be desired.
13) Miley Cyrus - Oh this was before her transformation. I LOVE THE CGI STARS AND F
3543 days 1 hour ago
Limegrass
13) Miley Cyrus - Oh this was before her transformation. I LOVE THE CGI STARS AND FRAMES THEY KEEP PUTTING AROUND THE VIDEO. Also, if she thinks she's getting away with that lip sync, she's cannot be serious. It's actually quite a catchy song, and I kinda find myself humming along when writing this, so I must of thought it was half decent.
14) The Fray - I'm not really liking the whole repetition of this throughout the chorus. Like in some songs it works and projects emotion well, this just feels like they've run uot of ideas and needed to fill time. No, sorry, I didn't really like this. Disappointing end to the contest.
3542 days 22 hours ago
Aquamarine
1. Hilary Duff - LOL I love her. Do we all think that her new singles and whatnot will be eligible for this one day?!? Somehow I don't think so.
2. Snow Patrol - I've never really been a big fan of this song, and it doesnt help at all that it would play around 5 times a day on the generic satellite radio that the bank I worked at had...
3. Paloma Faith - I've never actually heard this song, but I liked it. The video was really something wasn't it? A bit PG-13.
4. James Blunt - Another artist that I have never liked, nor will I ever enjoy his music. LOL at this being a binb song though. He's like Michael Buble, no matter what he sings I don't think it gets any better.
5. Kacey Musgraves - She's such a great artist and a better person. I read some of her interviews after she was at the Grammy's and she's trying to change the face of country music. Like her a lot.
6. Hoobastank - Looking through the lineup its like a selection pulled from the "Hits" list on Binb. I think its great. Anyways I've always liked this song, it's another that played a bunch of times a day at the bank though.
7. Gabriella *Cilmi - I love this song, I really liked the cover of it of some girl on The Voice UK as well. Side note, binb song #4
8. Example - Interesting. I've never heard their music before I don't think. It was good, I enjoyed it. Something wasn't all there to make it perfect for me but I'm not sure what that was. Didn't know this was a hit either!
9. Becky G - I hated this song the first time I heard it, then it grew on me after Wil parodied it on his YouTube show in relation to BB6. PRAISE JESUS I LOVE GOD! AND I LIKE BEING NAKED.
10. One Direction - The story of my life, I take her home, I **** her on, the bathroom floor. That's what I hear every time I hear this song. I'm a filthy mess.
11. Ashlee Simpson - Jesus Christ idk if there's more binb songs or songs on the bank's playlist. I'm completely sick of this song, so I'm sorry to whoever picked it.
12. Enrique Iglesias - I love this song, interesting choice picking the entire Spanish version. Also the version without Sean Paul. Not sure that I like this version as much but I still love it.
13. Miley Cyrus - Older Miley. It's alright, not my favorite, not my least favorite. Certainly an interesting note to almost end on.
14. The Fray - I've always loved this song. It's so sad somehow. I don't have much to say about it other than that I love it, so I'll leave it at that.
3542 days 20 hours ago
Monrooster
1)        Hilary Duff - Can't say I'm too familiar with this song. A bit of a softer Evanescence feel to it, which I didn’t associate with her, not that I know much about her musical career at all actually! Something sounds off about her sustained notes in her higher register. It’s not really doing much for me, sorry.
2)        Snow Patrol – It is a bit of a classic. Admittedly, it’s been overused in TV and the like and overplayed as hell, but I’ve still got a soft spot for it. Nostalgia overload.
3)        Paloma Faith – I didn’t really know much about her until a few months ago and from what I’ve heard of her, one, she’s a bit of a ditz and two, her stuff is pretty great. Maybe she’s gone in a new direction or maybe I’ve just been a bit ignorant all this time. Some may find her higher register a bit grating, but it’s just right for me, nice tone and power. Yeah, this could do pretty well. Nice choice.
4)        James Blunt – Yeah, debated submitting this a few weeks ago and since then, it’s fallen off my radar. I’ve missed my chance now though. Pretty simple, yet pretty catchy. Nothing more to say really.
5)        Kacey Musgraves – Obligatory country song for beta. They’ve been doing pretty well lately actually. She does have some questionable lyrics for this sort of cheery vibe… I quite like the pacing of the lyrics, but it’s too twee for me. Much like Gretchen, for what it is, it’s pretty good. It’s just not really my style.
6)        Hoobastank – Again, not really my style. It’s a bit too punky and grungey for my liking and I don’t think I really came across it during my era for this sort of stuff, so it doesn’t have nostalgic value for me unfortunately.  I swear somebody wanted to submit this when I hosted, but I told them it was from 2003 and then they chose a different song. Maybe someone’s running low on songs lately haha
7)        Gabriella Cilmi – Another one I was thinking of submitting but fell off my radar. It should really be too twee for me, but there’s just something about this… I’d like to say it’s her tone, but I just think it’s a guilty pleasure in general… Another one that could do pretty well.
8)        Example – I mentioned this last time Example was entered, but I really don’t like his personality. Long story to say here again, but I did used to like him and this was his big break song I think. I’m trying not to let me not liking his personality tarnish my opinion of this song. It’s hard, but I haven’t heard this in a while and I can’t help but tap my foot along.
9)        Becky G – I’ve seen this song around and seen it’s been pretty popular in the US, but I've never listened to it and I kinda wish it stayed that way… Her diction is too staccato for me and I don’t like the way she says shower either... Yeah, not doing much for me at all.
3542 days 20 hours ago
Monrooster
10)        One Direction – I’m actually surprised at how little I see One Direction in these contests. It’s easy listening and it’s one of their only songs I can bear. I love that little Gogglebox addition there, Limegrass, such a great show haha. That girl is so annoying though. I was actually going to submit that parody too, catch, but you beat me to it!
11)        Ashlee Simpson – Another punky entry, a genre which is a bit hit and miss for me. It’s not doing much for me again. It’s probably one of those songs that’s nostalgic for some, but it’s not for me, sorry. Pretty nice tone, but yeah, I switched off pretty early.
12)        Enrique Iglesias – Another song I’ve seen around quite a bit, but never listened to. Haha, I like that fact about his name, catch. Henry Church doesn’t really have the same ring to it! It’s got a nice samba feel to it. Not my usual style, but I can surprisingly appreciate it for what it is.
13)        Miley Cyrus – I can’t see any reference to old Miley Cyrus without laughing and watching that Family Guy episode with her in as an android is pretty funny now. It’s got a surprising catchy synthy, dancey vibe to it, the poppier, rocky bits are a bit meh though. I’m not loving it, but I’m surprised at how much I liked it.
14)        The Fray – He’s got a really nice tone. I switched off after a while though unfortunately. Another song that needs the nostalgia to keep you hooked I think. It’s pleasant, but a bit on the passive side.
3542 days 11 hours ago
Pepper
01) Hilary Duff - I like her, but this isn't my favorite songs of hers, it is alright!

02) Snow Patrol - LOVE this song! I listen to it all the time, even now :)

03) Paloma Faith - I like this song, she has a very unique voice!

04) James Blunt - this song is alright, not his best song, but it is alright.

05) Kacey Musgraves - lmfao I've actually never heard this, and the lyrics are very interesting!

06) Hoobastank - I was actually going to submit this song, many contests ago, but decided not to because it was out of date ;p I really like it though!

07) Gabriella Climi - This song is alright, it made me tap my foot a little.

08) Example - this was alright, I was kinda expecting a bit more from it!

09) Becky G - This is normally not my style of music, but it is sorta catchy

10) One Direction - I kinda feel lame to admit this, but I kinda like this song lmfao ;x

11) Ashlee Simpson - This was alright!

12) Enrique Iglesias - this song is very catchy!

13) Miley Cyrus - Not really a fan of miley, this song was alright.

14) The Fray - I love the fray! This song is great :)

open group

BETA (a TSC Production)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!