This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM20 - Challenge & Photoshoot (2)

Topic » #NTM20 - Challenge &..

281 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
Challenge #2

"Elemental Prince & Princesses"

Hello, Top 19! Welcome to your challenge for this week. In this enchanting and ethereal challenge, the models will be divided into teams of four, with each team representing the four elements - Water, Fire, Air, and Earth. This week, you will be met by Judge Lucky, the winner of the Next Top Model, Cycle 8: Back to Basics.

Some descriptions that might help you choose a photo and a member that would fit them most:

(1) The Water Prince/Princess possesses a calm and serene demeanor that seems to flow effortlessly like a tranquil river. Their movements are fluid and graceful, mirroring the gentle waves of the ocean. Emotionally sensitive and empathetic, they have the ability to understand and connect with others on a deep level. Their expressive and emotive eyes reflect the depth of their emotions and the mysteries of the vast seas. Highly adaptable, they can navigate through life's challenges with ease, much like water taking the shape of its container. They also may embrace flowing and ethereal clothing.

(2) The Fire Prince /Princess exudes a fierce and passionate presence that ignites the room around them. Their movements are energetic and dynamic, symbolizing the unstoppable force of a raging wildfire. Bold and confident, they are unafraid to pursue their dreams with a fiery determination. Their intense and expressive eyes mirror their burning passion and unwavering ambition. Charismatic and commanding, they have the ability to inspire others and ignite their own passions. They are fearless and ready to conquer challenges with a blazing spirit, and bold and fierce ensembles fit them.

(3) The Air Prince/Princess embodies a light and airy demeanor, floating gracefully like a gentle breeze through the air. Their movements are effortless, symbolizing the boundless freedom of the skies. Intellectual and curious, they have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and a love for exploration. Free-spirited and independent, they cherish their autonomy and value the power of imagination. Their clear and bright eyes reflect their ability to see the bigger picture and think abstractly. Adaptable and quick-thinking, they might choose airy and light fabrics.

(4) The Earth Prince/Princess exudes a grounded and stable presence, rooted deeply in their values and principles. Their movements are strong and powerful, mirroring the solidity of the earth beneath our feet. Patient and persistent, they approach challenges with unwavering determination, much like the earth's unwavering stability. Their steady and deep-set eyes reflect their connection to nature and the environment, symbolizing their respect and appreciation for the world around them. You may see them opting for earthy and natural tones.

Once everyone is assigned who's who, a team member must put the collage and a description of each their Elemental Prince and Princess. For Team 1 (Anja, Miles, and Tanya) - one member must appear twice.

You have 36 hours to do the collage. Thank you and good luck! x
281 days 2 hours ago
Jerard
TEAMS:

TEAM 1 - Anja Rubik, Miles, and Tanya
TEAM 2 - Hunter, Chanel, Lacey, and Soo Joo
TEAM 3 - Alton, Jeana, Violet, and Xu Meen
TEAM 4 - Kai, Guinevere, Jonathan, and Sora
TEAM 5 - Xi, Adrien, Cody, and Mia
281 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
Reitirating this… please read:

FAQs for Pair/Group Challenges:

1.) I have talked to my teammate/s, is that enough for me to avoid deductions?
- NO. The least thing you could do is to find yourself a photo and submit it to your teammate/s.

2.) My teammate/s did not talk to me and my time is running out, what should I do?
- Post your own creation of a collage with both of your member/s on it. Remember, they will still be getting deductions because they did not submit their own photo.

3.) One of my team member/s chose to submit individually, what will we do?
- You must still pursue the collage with your original member/s and pick the photo for the one who submitted individually. Only the member who submitted individually will get a deduction, failure to submit a  complete-members collage will deduct the whole team/pair.

4.) We are late because my teammate/s did not message/reply quicker?
- Late submission is late submission.
280 days 10 hours ago
Delano
Elemental prince & princess (challenge 2 #NTM20)
Collage: https://imgur.com/a/vpWuwGh

Explication:

1. Anja (earth princess): the earth is an element that demonstrates strength, and Anja's pose holding the rocks is evidencing this strength, allied also with the strength of the woman. The colors of my clothes are light, to create a tone of harmony with the rocks and vegetation. The angel's deep gaze is demonstrating her inner power, similar to the strength of a rock, in order to make clear the determination that the princess of the earth must have.

2. Tanya (air princess): Tanya represents air here by being graceful and elegant as the wind blows around her. I also think she captures something else that air has not mentioned in the prompt, and that is mystery. The other elements all have a physical representation, however air is a feeling, it is invisible, and that makes it mysterious. Tanya's face, partly veiled, illudes to this, as well as the intense look in her eye.

3. Miles (fire prince): Miles represents fire by showcasing passion and intesity through the eyes and holding a tough, resilient, and strong stance. I show no fear and I am being who I am. Wearing more tailored and fitted clothes as opposed to the softness of the other elements, because I am the bold one. My outfit also shows someone (the fire prince) who is wanting to follow in his own footsteps and no one elses, with the microphone as my accessory- I'm ready to take the world by storm through the stage, rather than my crown.

4. Anja (water princess): Anja Rubik as a water princess, is demonstrating, in this essay, the body's deep connection to water, almost as if they were just an element. In addition, the look is of serenity, calm and peace, brought by the sensation of water by the body. The goal is to demonstrate that the water is light and calm, but that it can also face turbulent moments, just like in life, here represented by the darker shade of blue in Anja's clothing. I believe that the strength of the princess of water is to deal with the fluidity of things, fighting against stability, because the waters are not fixed, they are always in motion, just like our life.

Complete shoots:

1. Miles (fire prince): https://imgur.com/a/0n0faTi
2. Tanya (air princess): https://imgur.com/a/iP5WC73
3. Anja (earth princess): https://imgur.com/a/ctR7RRs
4. Anja (water princess): https://imgur.com/a/Pf7zS1h

https://i.postimg.cc/k54wQCVp/PMUAiae.gif
280 days 3 hours ago
spinfur
Water… Earth… Fire… Air… Long ago there were four nations ruled by the various elemental princes and princesses, and each of them lived different lifestyles and ruled different kingdoms. This is their story.

https://i.imgur.com/mleTRAw.jpg

In the photo collage you’ll see the different assortment of princes and princesses, and below you’ll hear the story of each one.

The Air Prince (Jonathan Bellini) - The first photo that will capture your attention is the air prince, as stated in the description they move effortlessly and free, and in which this picture shows Jon in action, he’s gliding through the air letting the wind blow through behind him to bound his movements even further. He’s free and adventurous, going wherever the wind will take him, like the essence of the air prince. You can see in his expression he’s letting his imagination run free, he’s not focused on his worries, but instead letting his fate be determined by the wind. He can adapt to any situation, and anything he runs into he will push past, as his curious self isn’t worried about any obstacle. Fully embodying the air prince.

The Earth Princess (Guinevere Van Seenus) - After viewing the air prince, you look down and see the earth princess, a strong powerful woman who surrounds herself with nature, and keeps herself grounded within her surroundings and her ideals. Upon reviewing the description of the earth princess, they are unwavering, patient, and persistent, which Guinevere shows here. She’s climbing to great heights, but she isn’t rushing, she isn’t pushing herself, she’s taking everything in, and staying deep to herself from the inside out. There’s a hint of serenity in her expression as she’s at peace with her ideals, and she’s enjoying her connection to nature itself. She’s respecting nature, and letting it comfort her rather than fighting it. She’s becoming a true embodiment of mother nature, or as the challenge states, the earth princess.

The Water Prince (Kai) - Upon reading the water prince description you can tell that the water prince is very emotional, very mysterious, but brings an overall vibe of beauty. In this photo Kai is very much in tune with his emotions, you can see the hurt on his face, but you don’t know how he is hurting, you can only see the emotions flow on his face. There’s a mysterious aura surrounding him as he sits in a vast purple sea, looking out towards something we can’t see. There’s a lot of questions that surround him, there’s a lot of mystery but still a lot of clarity like the form of water, you may see through it but you truly do not know what’s underneath. Another point on the water prince is their flowing and ethereal clothing, and that long flowing garment gently placed on him and throughout the sea really brings together this ethereal unreal feeling that Kai is giving off being the water prince, we don’t know who he is, but we know what he’s going through as if you relate to him no matter what your struggle is, that empathic feeling that the water prince exerts, that what he truly represents.

The Fire Princess (Sora Choi) - Below that image is the fire princess, now in the description it notes that they are an unstoppable force, they are fearless, they are passionate, and they bring a fiery presence to any place they make themselves known. For the photo you see before you is a fiery explosion, while Sora is posing dramatically on a motorcycle, giving edge, giving fierceness, and being daring. Sora isn’t afraid of what’s going on behind her because she’s focused on giving a good dynamic pose, risking it all for the perfect shot. The description says the fire princess is unafraid to pursue their dreams and this is Sora pursuing her dream no matter the cost, and no matter what it takes.

Below you can find the album of all the individual photos.
https://imgur.com/a/tGzwVCF
279 days 19 hours ago
BreadNButter
https://imgur.com/a/nwsMmaZ
Our presentation tries to combine the same color theory to provide continuity across photos, but to also have the emotions, styling, and poses in the photos convey the element they each represent, rather than associated colors. Here they almost appear as 4 sisters.

For example, Chanel doesnt wear the gown like a classic princess! She is the modern version. Her power is in your eyes with this deep and emotional eyes expression. Her eyes expression can attract you like a serene! However, her pose is calm and peaceful.

Meanwhile, Hunter is calm and inviting representing the beauty of nature, yet an underlying mystery that the Earth’s wonders underlay.

https://postlmg.cc/mhZ1JbFY
279 days 18 hours ago
brunodrads
https://i.ibb.co/Hp8VTsm/20230807-084156-0000.gif

🔥 Alton Mason is our #Fire Prince. Stronger and confident than ever I decided to use all my sparks here. Bringing red and yellow for the scenario is my authentic attempt to get into fire aesthetic. Posing with a mirror helps to keep the focus on my body and face expression because you can see half of me in/out that. The pose and the look both are fierce and intense just look at me and I will make you sweat. The heat is here.
solo version: https://i.mdel.net/i/db/2020/4/1331908/1331908-800w.jpg

⛰️ Xu Meen represents the #Earth Prince. Therefore as the element earth, my photo represents strength and solidity. I am surrounded by my element in this photo, which shows how I am connected to the earth as if we are the same. My pose and expression demonstrate strength and solidity where there are no possible cracks and at the same time convey a sense of security and protection as if my presence could embrace all who turn to me.
solo version: https://i.ibb.co/wBmTcm7/IMG-0487.jpg

🌬️Violet is the #Air Princess. In this photo she embraces the wind as if she is flying while still looking Fierce. She is the wind. Although one would think air is soft and delicate, are can also be harsh and fierce. That’s the approach that is taken. Violet is soaring.
solo version: http://surl.li/jwdyl

🌊 Jeana Turner is our #Water Princess. With this photo I brought a sense of fantasy in a delicate and charming way aiming to represent a mystic character of the 7 seas: a mermaid. The outfit brings blue and some waves shapes which makes sense with the element. The face is fierce and mysterious intensely trying to hypnotize you like a good mermaid should do.
solo version: https://i.ibb.co/PWfWJp6/FB-IMG-1691336598379.jpg

group collage: https://i.ibb.co/Hp8VTsm/20230807-084156-0000.png
279 days 15 hours ago
humanwebjet1
Team 5 - Celestria: Essence Unveiled

Collage: https://i.ibb.co/pj62BnF/Picsart-23-08-07-17-04-40-397.jpg
Solos: https://ibb.co/album/JWfT7C

In a realm where ethereal forces converge, four souls have emerged, each a living embodiment of the primal elements - Water, Fire, Air, and Earth. As they grace the stage, their essence intertwines with their captivating presence, forming a narrative that beckons to the very heart of existence.

Ming Xi - Earth Princess

Rooted firmly within the embrace of the earth, Xi stands as a testament to raw vulnerability and unwavering strength. Their stance, solid and powerful, mirrors the very foundations of the world beneath our feet. Eyes that hold the wisdom of the ages reflect a deep connection to nature, a steadfast appreciation for the world around them. Draped in earthy tones, their attire echoes the organic palette of the land, a harmonious tribute to the stability they embody. Their gaze holds the secrets of the earth, revealing an unspoken bond with the very essence of existence.

Mia Goth - Fire Princess

Besides them blazes Mia, the Fire Princess, an embodiment of fervor that sets the room alight. In her relaxed yet commanding pose, an inferno of determination roars within her, mirrored by the intense gaze that captures the essence of fire's relentless spirit. The subtle pop of red in her shoes, a nod to her element's intensity, exudes confidence without overwhelming. She stands as a living testimony to the unyielding passion that courses through the veins of the universe, a blazing spark that ignites inspiration.

Cody Christian - Air Prince

A figure of grace and freedom, Cody drifts seamlessly like a gentle breeze through the realm. Wrapped in airy fabrics that mirror the very essence of their element, they embody boundless curiosity and a quest for knowledge. Their bright eyes, akin to the limitless skies, reflect an intellect that knows no boundaries. Against a backdrop that evokes the soaring heights of the heavens, their presence speaks of a liberation that defies convention, of explorations unbound by gravity.

Adrien Sahores - Water Prince

Completing this quartet is Adrien, an enigmatic embodiment of fluidity and emotion. With movements that mirror the tranquil waves of oceans, their calm and serene demeanour radiates empathy. Their expressive eyes, shrouded in mystery, reveal the depths of a soul that understands and connects with profound sensitivity. Wrapped in flowing, ethereal attire, they embody water's ever-adapting nature.

As these elements converge, a narrative unfolds that encapsulates the very essence of existence. Earth's grounding strength, Fire's unrelenting passion, Air's boundless freedom, and Water's empathetic flow merge seamlessly, forming a symphony of life itself. In their collective presence, they illustrate a primal dance, a testament to the harmonious unity of the elements. With every movement, they weave a tapestry that resonates with the very core of creation, a living testament to the ethereal challenge's essence.
279 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
278 days 17 hours ago
Neme91
~~Lucky Blue:~~

Hello everyone, welcome to Challenge #2 of the historic 20th season of NTM. I am Lucky Blue Smith, one of the notorious winners of the NTM franchise. I am the winner of season 8 as well as the 6th place finisher in All Stars. I am known for stepping outside the narrative bubble of a shot and creating my own interpretation into how I would like shots to be perceived. It was a strategy that paid off well and got me into great positions in a game like this. It’s been a while since I have been able to judge and so it’s very fitting for me to find myself back here with you all on Fans vs. Favorites. Let’s get into these elemental photoshoots and see how well you embraced each of your royal titles.

Team One:

First collage up and already knocking complete expectations out of the park. When I stand here looking at the four of you embodying each element it didn’t even need to be explained who was who. That for me means we are off to an amazing start! As a whole I do believe that each of your photos were a creative choice that does play off of each other. No one outstandingly outshines the other you are each holding each other up equally. However, the framing of the collage does give off that you would rather highlight Anja’s photos. It would have been more aesthetically pleasing if Tanya had a bigger shine to her photo when it comes in the organization.

Moving on to individual contributions, the photo that absolutely makes the collage the way it is has to be Miles. My eyes run immediately to you my Fire Prince as I get the immediate angst and passion that radiates iff of you. I look at the collage as a way of more introduction to the elemental royal family and your photo makes it feel personal. Tanya I think you definitely play into the flowy person that I would see the air princess having but like I said organization wise the scaling of your photo makes you seem less involved in the bigger picture. As for Anja taking on the dual citizenship role as both the earth and winter princess, I do think that creative choices were a huge payoff. I am more a fan of the earth style photo but can’t complain much about either photo. Well done Team 1.

Team Two:

Woah! When I look at a collage this is exactly what I want to see. Nobody outshines the other in positioning and organizing. Everyone is on an equal playing field while the theme of the collage still feels effectively receptive.  I am a fan of the emblem in the middle and the embodiment of the color gradient to symbolize each element. I will say for 3/4 of the shots the color gradient is quite enrapturing on an aesthetic level with the exception of Chanel’s photo. That one throws me off from doing a perfect 360 of color theory. But I do like the idea.

Individually I would have liked a bit more description for everybody. Hunter obviously stands out the most in this shot and rightfully so. This shot is elegant and riveting when looking for someone who has the power over earth. It takes command and says “oh you wanted an earth princess? Well hi.” As for the other three pictures the only other one that compares is Soo Joo. Had both Lacey and Chanel’s individual shots been scaled up to match the same essence as Hunter and Soo Joo than this would have been A1 to the max. Just a little bit of a disconnect but overall a well produced photo.

Team 3:

I am a huge fan of the aura that this collage gives off. Every photo feels synonymous in energy and that’s not an easy feat to pull off. The organization also pays off when looking at the diagonal matchings of the royal family; the Fire prince and Water princess & the Earth prince and Air princess.

When I look at a collage, it makes me more appreciative that I don’t have a stand out favorite. I truly do think that everyone of your shots give me something different and interpretive to the idea of the four elements. Alton your confidence does radiate through the image and the mirror shot takes the cake. I love the altruistic take on the water princess Jeana. It does come across what you explained so good job. Violet you are definitely soaring and Xu you are giving stoic in every nature. I truly believe as a whole that this was a great representation of the royal family.

Team 4:

Not a bad delivery, but I will say off the bat I am not the hugest fan of this collage compared to what I have seen already. i don’t feel much-cohesiveness between the shots. The layout of the college also throws me off with Guinevere taking all the attention.

Now rightfully so Guinevere is competing toe to toe with Hunter for that Earth Princess title. That leg says “test me if you will and you’ll be eating BARK”.  Because as a collage I feel like every shot says something different I have to examine the photos as they are and the one that is my personal favorite has to be Sora choi. I am more a fan of your face and body as I feel like that gives off more of what I see from the fire princess than the theatrics thats going on behind it. I will say Jonathan and Kai I would’ve like to see a little bit more from you. I do appreciate the interpretation but it didn’t  help either of your cases in my personal opinion.

Team 5:

Now our last and final collage to the stage and this is the definition of SAME VIBE, SAME ENERGY, FAMILY. The blending from each photo to the next is something that intrigues me and I definitely get vibes that this is a group of individuals that all have responsibilities strictly pertained to their person but all deal with the same issue.

Now I do love the modern take on each individual photo and everyones interpretation does help feature out the modern aesthetic. Mia you seem to have raised from the ashes and ready for the next part in your duties as the fire princess. The red stands out beautifully but also brings back the emotion of not wanting to —bleep— with you. Adrien this is probably my favorite photo I have seen all day because those eyes definitely give me lost in thought and very tranquil as you put it. What takes mes away about this shot Ming is the positioning of the sho. You seem larger than life itself  but one with the earth intensely. Honestly that’s to go for all of you, the eyes you all posses tell a story of longing for what’s next in the story. Cody you could have done a bit more in your shot, however, I am not at mad as the shot contributes to the collage as a whole so well done.
278 days 17 hours ago
Jerard
Results will be posted at 6 PM EST (so less than 2 hrs by now) - we will also crown not just the winning team, but also the elemental prince/princess.

Thank you! x
278 days 15 hours ago
Jerard
I am here to announce the winning team.
278 days 15 hours ago
Delano
Hey! Anja is here
278 days 15 hours ago
Jerard
The winning team will be given the chance to post two photos for this week's photoshoot.
278 days 15 hours ago
MJFJUNE
*holds team 5s hand*

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!