This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Judging 2

Topic » Judging 2

3407 days 17 hours ago
dogcalledzak
5:30pm est tonight. Post your story if you haven't already
3407 days 15 hours ago
dogcalledzak
2 mins to go
3407 days 14 hours ago
KathrineOliver
I'm so nervous.
3407 days 14 hours ago
ClockworkRebel
Yea, me too
3407 days 14 hours ago
dogcalledzak
Hello, and welcome to The Ultimate Writing Competition!
3407 days 14 hours ago
dogcalledzak
(Post when here)
3407 days 14 hours ago
KathrineOliver
welcome :) hi
3407 days 14 hours ago
KathrineOliver
here
3407 days 14 hours ago
CaitlinBella
here :) gl everyone
3407 days 14 hours ago
ClockworkRebel
Here
3407 days 14 hours ago
dogcalledzak
Last week CaitlinBella was the highest scoring writer. Will the same thing happen, or will a new writer be the stand out novel! ( love what I did there haha )
3407 days 14 hours ago
dogcalledzak
Lets begin.

Starting with... our newbie, KathrineOliver
3407 days 14 hours ago
dogcalledzak
KathrineOliver:

Creativeness: 8/10: I started to read your story at my computer and by the end I was on the edge of my seat, happy that emotion was added in this wonderful piece of writing. For the first time this season I wish I let your write a novel as this was a great read. A few things seemed familiar to other stories, but you changed it and I can’t wait to see what you can write in the future.

Understandable: 8/10: Now, this may seem a little mean as I knew what was going on. It was the many names that confused me in parts. Names of aliens and again, a litle few mistakes added ( tiny ones but I have to point them out. ) Other than that, well done.

Originality: 8/10: It’s a war in space. It has been done but not always to this level. I love that you didn’t hold back on the tension, added some disturbing description really worked. Well done.

Overall: 8.5/10: I should give you a 8 as that’s what you scored the last 3 factors. But I have to score you more as you done something that many failed to do this week. You added emotion. You gave me a world and characters to care about. Two people I stick with throughout the whole story. If this is only challenge 2, then I can’t wait till the future.

32.5/40
3407 days 14 hours ago
wangifold
Here!
3407 days 14 hours ago
dogcalledzak
Next... Connor_
3407 days 14 hours ago
dogcalledzak
Connor_:

Creativeness: 5/10: I struggled with this one. I see what you were trying to do, put a laid back spin on Sci-Fi. Maybe it could of worked, if there was more build up and a little longer. Maybe it wasn’t my cup of tea. I really get your style, but I think you haven’t found that it factor yet.

Understandable: 7/10: Again it’s the mistakes that let you down. It makes me stop and work it out, rather than letting me sit back and enjoy the story. Also it seemed a little too laid back. Why wasn’t he panicking. You have to put emotions into the story. If I couldn’t move and my friends were in the same problem, then I wouldn’t say ‘guess that my fear maybe wasn't so irrational after all’

Originality: 5.5/10: It’s something I’ve read, watched, seen before. Not saying it was bad, just needed a little more added. I’m sorry.

Overall: 5/10: I wanted to like it, I tried to like it and I did like it. But after reading some of the other stories this one fell flat compared to others. It needed more emotion, more grit. Give me something to care about! You posted your story on time so you lose no points.

22.5/40

open group

THIS GAME IS NOW CLOSED ;(

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!