This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Week 5 / Man, Oh Man

Topic » Week 5 / Man, Oh Man

2463 days 18 hours ago
k4r4k
(KARA'S)

Charlotte –
You didn’t give me any info about your partnership with the male model :( I normally don’t request more than the photo but this week I wanted to know your interpretation of the photo. I’m guessing you overlooked it. Now getting to your photo…I think it’s a bit boring and tbh I don’t really understand the relationship between the two of you. Not a big fan of the styling either. You do steal the shot though because your face is amazing. I just wish you did more than stand with your arms crossed. I really loved you last week and today im just kinda like eh.

Judith –
I like that your shot isn’t all lovey-dovey or sexy. You took a different approach and that’s appreciated. I am not a fan of your bottom half. I feel like your legs are too spread and it takes away from the overall sophisticated vibe I get from the shot. Your face is pretty and I like the hand in the hair. All in all, I have mixed feelings. I don’t dislike the photo, but it’s just middle of the road for me.

Pocahontas –
Very nice! Everything is working for you in this shot and I really want that jumpsuit. Even though it’s black and white, I like your blonde hair contrasting his dark hair. Your hand looks slightly weird slid into his jeans partially but other than that, I love it :)

Alisa –
I like the interaction between the two of you but honestly I have to say my eyes go to him. His face is catching the light more and I feel his eyes are making more of a connection. I do like your hair and pose here. It’s improvement from last week for me but I think the shot is just too dark lighting wise and you look more like the accessory. He’s James Bond and you’re just one of the many Bond girls. 

Stella –
No photo :(
2463 days 15 hours ago
k4r4k
PATRICK'S CRITIQUES:

------------------------------

Natalie Smith – I like this picture, it’s simple and explanatory, yet it almost has a darker, mysterious tone about it, it almost depicts more of an affair than a committed relationship, and I find it quite intriguing. I like the outfits, and even the black and white I find helps here more than it’s hindered others in the past. Well done!

Wendy Wu – With the way the bodies are positioned and the play of the light/dark colors between you both, I’m almost getting sort of a Yin and Yang kind of vibe. However, that’s solely in the bodies, and not very much in you two attempting to model. I really appreciate the direction you were taking this and think you could have knocked it out of the park with just a bit more, but for me, this just doesn’t nail it the way you could have.

Malaysia Renee-Young – The things about this that I like far outweigh any criticisms I may have for you. I love your strong pose, and your outfit with your gloves, and I like how he is modeled as well. I definitely buy the story of this being your “rich husband and [you]”, as he seems to be the one that is more outfront, which brings me to my only minor criticism, in that he seems to be almost overshadowing you here, which isn’t something that you want in a competition where you’re trying to win. Overall, fantastic photo.

Shanna Brown – At first while reading your description of the relationship prior to viewing the picture, I was apprehensive and nervous about what you were going to deliver, but wow, this is wonderful. The strong pose in the male model, but after hearing your story, he’s placed strategically as to be seen as an afterthought to everything you’re serving up here, and it’s beautiful. I have no complaints this week, everything is perfect.

Brendina Reedera – I appreciate this photo a lot. I see a couple where he is looking at her longingly but she’s looking outward, which I feel fits your description of you being the star in this relationship. I love her outfit and her hair, love the touch of the glasses in the hand. Maybe the black and white took away a little bit overall, but it’s still a great photo.

Ximena Rodriguez – This is one of your weaker photos for me. I don’t really see “eternal love”, definitely more like “lust”. To me, your look isn’t your best here, and you seem to be more in his shadow (literally and figuratively). I know you can bring more than this, I hope we get that opportunity next week.
2463 days 15 hours ago
k4r4k
(PATRICK'S)

Augustine Rose – WOW. I really like this submission. There are a lot of risks taken in this picture, but I think it’s wonderful. The black and white, nude edginess, the chains, the risks are there and they all pay off here. This is wonderful and your best photo in this competition up to this point. Very well done, can’t wait to see where you can go from here.

Charlotte Sigdmud – I’m quite confused, if I’m being honest. The relationship doesn’t make sense to me and I don’t see any closeness or anything here. Your outfits and poses are too casual and quite pedestrian in a way that doesn’t make sense. You can do better, but this is just a mess for me.

Judith Judasy – You did so well last week that I’m kind of disappointed in this. It’s not a bad photo, I appreciate the style and difference from your competitors artistically, but your outfit and face are so on point that this pose that isn’t ladylike by any means is sort of out of place and distracts from what otherwise really could have been a top photo.

Pocahontas Rose – This is a good photo, though my favourite part of this is definitely your outfit. The rest of this is good, not amazing. I like that he doesn’t detract from you in any way, though I don’t necessarily see you as a “boss” here, it seems to be on a pretty even level from my perspective. It’s a good photo, just not your best.

Alisa Woods – I think that this photo is fine, and I like that it literally depicts your description of your relationship, of him supporting you and holding you down. I don’t believe that this is your best work at all, but better than your previous two submissions and hope that this is enough to allow you to come back next week. We’re not looking for “just okay”, or “safe” pictures here, we’re looking for “wow” moments from each of you to be our winner here.
2463 days 14 hours ago
Bella1
Thank You both, will take on board your critiques <3
2463 days 13 hours ago
brenelle1120
Thank you! Hope to be top 6
2463 days 13 hours ago
presea6789
Thank you SO much!!
2463 days 9 hours ago
coolKat
Sorry for the confusion Kara and thanks Patrick. Thank you both a lot
2462 days 20 hours ago
k4r4k
JOSHLYN'S CRITIQUES:

--------------------------------

coolkat-  this photo is okay but feel its probably the worst ive seen by you submitted I like the dress and the pose is okay but the black in whiteness makes the photo so boring I definitely would of  done something different.

badbeetch- The pose is interesting unique, the dress is kind of dull though and background

presea6789- Another picture this week that I really dislike the black in white also dislike the dress like the background looks like it could of been interesting if was a colored picture.

cshizz- I like the dress it really shows off your models legs the background is nice in vibrant, the accessorys your model has is on point and it does a good job with the does not need anyone vibe that you explain good job.

brenelle- picture wont open up for me

db1994- I like that its colored since many are black in white this week, I like that the picture represent the extremely in love which fits your description I dislike the dress but besidss that the picture is decent.

Maicolx3- This picture is decent first picture that black in white works a bit though still feel for the theme etc it would of been better to be in color the pose is definitely unique though an gets your description pretty well so definItely one of the top in a weak week of photos in my view.

magicalbaby- I like the picture,  I think the dress works well the background is simple but elegant, think that it has the theme of a nice family couple though I am going to deduct a oint since you did not give the explantion like I think was in the challenge this week but besides that good job.

DrG2- honestly really dislike the picture  I wish I could tell you what I would change but theres nothing that really catches my eye  like the background keeps more of my focus looking around the room then the actual model.

Bella1-  I like the pose of your models, the outfit looks like it would be unique and flashy though hurt like many pics this week by being blackwhite but it fits the theme you chose well again is definitely a strong pic in this week choices so good job.

scoobydoofruitsnacks- usually a top performer but i feel this picture really is lacking also was it black and white week because another picture where it really hurts but more then the rest this picture because its so dark like the blackness feels like a black hole thats going to take over the whole picture like the models dress just looks like the outline doesnt even really show the pose is boring this is probably worst picture you have picked hope its better next week
2462 days 20 hours ago
brenelle1120
So you couldnt open my pic but everyone else could? Ok lmao.
2462 days 19 hours ago
k4r4k
@Brendina, i uploaded it to imgur and resent it to him earlier asking for a score. it's being handled :)
2462 days 18 hours ago
coolKat
Sorry to disappoint Joshlyn
2462 days 18 hours ago
k4r4k
FYI the final judge is doing their critiques tonight so panel probably won't be up until tomorrow morning! Thanks for your patience models :))
2462 days 1 hour ago
k4r4k
JOJO'S CRITIQUES:

----------------------------

Natalie- I like it. I appreciate how they feel comfortable and romantic with each other and I think the posing is really natural. Possibly my favorite shot of the week. Good job!

Wendy- Um..... i really dont know. This posing is horrendous and she looks dead. Yikes....

Malaysia- You guys dont look like you guys are in a relationship at all. You look very distant like you guys have no connection. The posing also looks really awkward =/

Shanna- I like it. Your story really works for it and your models looks great. The face looks kind of meh but for the most part it is a really good photo and the distance between the 2 of them works for your story.

Brendina- Photo would not load for me so I cant judge you this week. - IM SENDING HIM THE PIC IN IMGUR

Ximena- I like this a lot. You guys look like you are truly in love and the way he is looking at you really intensifies that. I love the posing the 2 of you have and honestly I just really enjoyed this a lot.

Augustine- I want to like this but I cant. The pants dont look good and they dont even look like a couple they just looks like 2 people posing together. I dont feel the love and attraction between them at all.

Charlotte- I see no connection here they just look like they were put together, plus there was no story put with this so yeah...

Judith- I enjoyed that they seem to be estranged but the love is still there. I think it really fit your story well. I do think the outfits look kind of awkward and dont really fit the shot but other than that I loved everything about it.

Pocahontas- I mean it looks okay, I dont really love it or hate it. I think it looks kind of awkward with the posing and they dont look in love in any way but it doesnt sort of fit your theme I guess.

Alisa- This is cute honestly. I enjoyed how it fit your story well. She really does look like the pants wearer in the relationship and honestly he truly seems like he lovers her in the way that he is holding her. This is a really great photo to be honest, good job! 

Stella- 0/10
2461 days 20 hours ago
k4r4k
(JOJO'S)

Brendina - I enjoyed how the shot seems to be centered on her which goes along with the story but I'm not really feeling the romance and connection between them. Overall still a good shot.

open group

Kara's Top Model S:2 [[COMING SOON]]

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!