This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 156 Final

Topic » TSC 156 Final

3672 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
15) Man Man - 'Head On (Hold On To Your Heart) '

Artist Fun Fact:
This experimental band from Philadelphia has been together since 2003 but have not been able to break the top 100 albums in the US. The band members names are Honus Honus, Pow Pow, Brown Sugar, and Shono.
3672 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
16) Yuridia - 'Ya te Olvidé'

Artist Fun Fact:
Yuridia is the second artist of the day to come from a "Star Academy" series show. She was the runner up of the fourth season of the Mexican version of the show. She's the most successful alumni from the Mexican "La Academia" version of the "Star Academy" franchise.
3672 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
17) TV On The Radio - 'Will Do'

Artist Fun Fact:
This band from Brooklyn, New York is considered an art rock band. The reason for this genre label is that they experiment with various styles of songs. From post punk, to electro, to soul music, this band has covered a variety of style and this is just one glimpse of what the band has to offer.
3672 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
18) Lindsey Pavao - 'No Revelation'

Artist Fun Fact:
Just like a couple former TSC winners, Lindsey comes to us from the second season of the Voice US. She was eliminated in the semi-finals by another artist that has participated in TSC Chris Mann.
3672 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
19) Royal Blood - 'Little Monster'

Artist Fun Fact:
This recent band out of Brighton has been turning the heads of critics. Most of these critics are claiming that this band sounds similar to the White Stripes and the Black Keys. Having charted well on the US and UK Rock charts, they hope to bring their success over to the mainstream hits charts as well.
3672 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
20) Bo Burnham - 'Repeat Stuff'

Artist Fun Fact:
Bo is a stand-up comedian and singer-songwriter. His comedic, satirical, politically incorrect songs set the internet a buzz when his most recent special was posted on Netflix and Youtube for free. Having over 3 million views, and countless tweets from celebrities, "what." is considered one of the wittiest stand-up comedy specials ever. This song is one of the many songs from that special.
3672 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
ALL 20 SONGS HAVE BEEN POSTED!

Listen to all of the songs, post your comments and then PM your votes to me in the usual way, (12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1) to your favourite ten songs. If you don't know how to vote, please PM me.

You cannot vote for yourself or discuss voting with each other. You are not allowed to reveal which act you submitted.

You have until Sunday 8 pm EDT to submit your comments and votes.

The Results show will be later that day, at 10 pm EDT

Good luck everyone
3672 days 20 hours ago
FlameonX
tolis is the man
3672 days 20 hours ago
Pepper
01) All Time Low - This was an alright rock song for me, there wasn't anything that stood out to me.

02) Gareth Emery - I loved Bo! This song was pretty good, she has a nice voice.

03) St. Vincent - This was definitely interesting, maybe a bit too out there for me ;p

04) Above & Beyond - I don't particularly like the super high pitch throughout the song, the song and video were really emotional though, it was alright.

05) Mr Zip - YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

06) Sia - She definitely has a nice voice, this was a unique song, it was good.

07) Matt Hires - I really enjoyed this, nice and simple, but not too simple.

08) Sidoine - Not a huge fan of foreign language songs, but I enjoyed the beat in this one!

09) Astro - Sounds like the music video was fun, why didn't you link that tolis? ;p The song has a really fun beat, but I wish that the vocals stood out more!

10) Charli XCX - This was a nice song, I can def hear a resmemblence in sound between her and Icona Pop

11) Hot Natured - I really enjoyed the beat in this, she has a sweet voice.

12) Neko Case - She has a nice voice, I liked the vibe from this song.

13) Ferry Corsten - She has a quircky voice, I think the beat saved this one for me.

14) Greta Svabo Bech - Interesting sound, it was alright.

15) Man Man - I enjoy the beat in this one, and the music video is fun.

16) Yuridia - She has a beautiful voice, I wish I could understand her!

17) TV On The Radio - I liked this, it meshed together well.

18) Lindsey Pavao - I wish her voice stood out more in this.

19) Royal Blood - This was an alright rock song, I enjoyed parts of it.

20) Bo Burnham - This was pretty funny xD
3672 days 19 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
All Time Low – A great way to start the show! This song is pretty good, I really enjoyed it.

Gareth Emery – Bo has an amazing voice and she should have won the Voice! I love this entry and I will be downloading it after I finish this review. :D

St Vincent – Ooh interesting. I like this a lot. I do think it needs more of a hook though.

Above & Beyond – Oh wow! The music video gave me chills. I really like the song, but it does plod along at the same sort of pace through-out. It is still very good though. :D

Mr Zip – looooooool :D I have been in that situation tbh.

Sia – I like her voice, the choruses are much stronger than the verses.

Matt Hires – This is a good song for me. I wish it had more of an oomph though, as it is a little monotonous.

Sidoine – I really like this. He’s got a great voice and that accent…. :P It is a catchy song.

Astro – I like the drum beat to this. I’m not sure what is going on though. :p

Charli XCX – I like this. She reminds me of Goldfrapp. The song is very catchy.

Hot natured – I love her voice. ‘Giving me a smile is the inverse of crying’….how profound. :p :D

Neko Case – I like her voice and it is an interesting song. This is a strong entry.

Ferry Corsten – Again it is an interesting song and I love the dance beat. I wish she had more of a memorable voice though.

Greta Svado Bech -  She reminds of Robyn. :D I loved this song and her style of music. :)

Man Man – Interesting! I loved the music video to this and I enjoyed the beat as well.

Yuridia – A brilliant song and voice. :) I really enjoyed this song, especially when she belted out the choruses. :D

TV On the Radio – I liked this. The song is really sweet. :)

Lindsey Pavao -  I had to turn my volume up to the max to hear her. :p It was a pleasant song. :)

Royal Blood -  I think this is my favourite rock song of the contest. :D It has a good hook.

Bo Burnham – We have quite a few comedy musicians at the moment that I think are a little bit better, but I still enjoyed this.
3672 days 12 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) All Time Low - Not my cup of tea, but it was a solid entry for what it is. It's nothing new, but again, for what it was, it was executed well.

02) Gareth Emery - Firstly, Gareth can get it any way that he wants it. Anywhoooo, it was a pleasant listen, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't more captivated by the mass amount of chesties at 1:44. Pretty strong start here.

03) St. Vincent - I had this on my (not so) short-list of things I've been considering entering, so POINTS for that. I adore the background track -- it's not flashy, but it's infectious to me. Nice and quirky stuff.

04) Above & Beyond - Three entries in a row that would have been in the upper half of my points last week, most likely. The video is much more memorable than the song, but nonetheless, strong entry. 

05) Mr Zip - Awesome novelty entry.

06) Sia - As a quick (probably not that quick) side-note, the "fun" fact for Sia is depressing, as her solo work is absolutely fantastic and IMO better than the stuff she's gotten popular from. "Breathe Me" is one of the greatest songs ever, so there's that. Moving on, like St. Vincent, I also had this shortlisted for use. As per usual, Sia killed it.

07) Matt Hires - Pleasant simplicity to it that I enjoyed. Unfortunately, for me, it pales in comparison just a bit to the previous string of entries. Still, twas pleasant.

08) Sidoine - The Eurovision slut in me is comparing this to my favorite French entries (2013 and 2014) and in comparison, I'm not overwhelmed by this. Another pleasant listen with a cool vibe, but not quite sure how it will stack up against the competition. We shall see.

09) Astro - More fun facts: I'm pretty sure another entry in here is from a FIFA soundtrack. Also, I saw the video with almost 3 minutes of bare ass, and I kind of wish that it was posted. Another song that I enjoyed the vibe of.

10) Charli XCX - A friend of mine has been trying to get me into Charli (and I also got familiar with her from a Danny Brown track, but y'all are too white for this rambling), but for some reason it just hasn't happened. I enjoyed this a bit more than other work I've heard of hers, but for some reason, her stuff doesn't quite get to me.
3672 days 12 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
11) Hot Natured - Right up my alley. Mmm, yasssssssssssssssssss.

12) Neko Case - Another artist that was on my potential shortlist. ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST. Not my favorite from what I've heard of her, but another solid entry. This week is ridiculous.

13) Ferry Corsten - Vocal enhancements were a bit grating at first, but I got used to it as the song went along. Beat is solid. Song is solid.

14) Greta Svabo Bech - Was everyone saving their good stuff for this week? I sound like a broken record, but yet again, solid entry.

15) Man Man - Can always respect experimental stuff like this. I think something like this would take more than a few listens to grow on me to the point of "liking" it, but I definitely didn't hate it. In a normal week where things weren't so stacked (IMO) I would likely have a bit more praise for this.

16) Yuridia - Yep, I just got balladfucked. Foreign ballads are always things that need to grow on me, and that's the case here. Very nice voice, though.

17) TV On The Radio - Chill as hell and an extremely pleasant listen. Unique, but I could see others sleeping on it among this group. Digging it. 

18) Lindsey Pavao - This is legitimately all I could think of for the first minute of the song. imageshack.us/a/img96/4238/a4x4zb.gif Out of fairness, I had to give it another listen. I kept waiting for it to really go somewhere, but again, it was a pretty solid entry. Stop it.

19) Royal Blood - Comparing it to the other rock entry (that's fair, right?) I would give this one the edge. Not really muh thang, but it wasn't bad by any means.

20) Bo Burnham - Ja-son Deruloooooo. BO, OH MY GOD, MR. BURNHAM. Comparing it to the other novelty entry (that's fair, right?) I would give this the edge. My heart is telling me to give this 12 points, as it's hilariously clever and I love him, but I'm going to try to balance that out.

For me, ridiculously solid week and I could justifiably give points to just about everything.
3672 days 5 hours ago
Limegrass
01) All Time Low - It's a pretty standard rock song... I think? Not really into this genre, so that was a guess at most. Alright though, I mean it was pleasant enough that I saw it out to the end, and kinda made me want to research the band a bit more...

02) Gareth Emery - I really dislike Bo Bruces voice, and just The Voice UK in general (because it's the biggest flop out there) but this song isn't too bad, it's quite enjoyable actually. It's just that oice that annoys me to no end.

03) St. Vincent - I saw this a few weeeks ago and didn't enter it. It's a bit too regemented for my liking... like it's too well organised. Don't get me wrong a good structure is what makes a song, but this is just too much, with no differentiation.

04) Above & Beyond - This was alright.... the verses kinda dragged on a bit, but it really picked up when it got to the chorus, nice touch going into the last chorus too!

05) Mr Zip - DO not get me started on this song... I LOVE IT SO SO SO MUCH. When it first came on Britains Got Talent, my whole family got up and danced and sung along to this, and we voted for him to win, i think! Lovely little novelty song and it really puts a smile on your face! Amazing choice!

06) Sia - I absolutely adore Sia, I think she's amazing... and this song isn't any exception! She hits hose high notes with ease, and it flows really well going from the different parts of the song. Nice choice!

07) Matt Hires - A nice little simple song here, which is actually really refreshing after the electro songs so far. Good steady beat and slow chorus with fast verses, lovely paced song!

08) Sidoine - It's a bit......... annoying with all the O's and A's going through the chorus... but that doesn't hinder the way I'm enjoying it to be honest, because it still sticks in your mind after it's been played. Very catchy hook.

09) Astro - It's very...... instrumental, and electric.......... not that good if I'm gonna ve honest. I'll be lucky if I don't have a headache due to that.

10) Charli XCX - This was quite nice.... I felt like the verses dragged on a bit, and it really picked up a lot more once it got to the choruses! I also found I didn't mind the weird O's..... which was surprising!! Very nice overall!!

11) Hat Natured - This was really sort of trancey, and I was surprised when it ended.... it kinda flowed through and didn't change between the different parts of the song, which annoys me in retrospect, because it doesn't clearly define the chorus and verses.... a bit of a wishy washy song with a good beat then.

12) Neko Case - This was quite a good song! It had a nice guitar beat soing all the way through but I feel like the chorus left a lot to be desired if I'm gonna be honest. Another thing, it sort of annoyed me that she didn't finish the notes properly, but it wa squite decent! I'm being quite picky today.

13) Ferry Corsten - Even though he's sutch, I can see the swedish influences.... and hear them as well! It's sort of like I've heard it before, but I still rather enjoyed it.... the electronic (dubstep???) parts were quite nice as well, but her walking around like a robot kind if freaked me out.

14) Greta Svabo Bech - It sort of dwindled along at it's own pace, but a little injection of speed wouldn't of gone a miss... especially in the latter stages of the song. It is however, a bit better than most tonight.... so well done on that.

15) Man Man - I'm sure this sort of nicey nice music has it's audience.... but this really doesn't do anything more me... it was just arduous to get to the end of the song if I'm being perfectly honest.

16) Yuridia - The chorus definitely cheered me up, one of the most powerful today! The autotune is obvious though, and it just screams "Generic hit"..... still quite good though.

17) TV On The Radio - zzzzzzzz

18) Lindsey Pavao - I liekd the fast little guitar bits when she stopped singing, but her voices just isn't powerful enough
3672 days 5 hours ago
Limegrass
18) Lindsey Pavao - I liekd the fast little guitar bits when she stopped singing, but her voices just isn't powerful enough to get through all that back noise. It was quite good, but the overpowering instruments really ruined it. She has a minimanist voice, not an extrovert one.

19) Royal Blood - It's like a more aggresive version of All TIme Low at the start of the contest... definitely a lot more rock in this one, and generally just more likable....... very good!

20) Bo Burnham - When this finished, I felt a need to give him a standing ovation. It was really genuinely funny and quite a good fast paced little song as well. My only problem is that I have no idea where to slot this regarding comparisons to other songs....... this is going to be difficult. PS, maybe show this to all of the eurovison song writers?
3672 days 4 hours ago
smi9127
01) All Time Low – I do not really like the way the music and his voice go together. Not a big fan.
02) Gareth Emery – Her voice is kind of boring but it’s a nice song. I could not really get into it.
03) St. Vincent – It kind of just starts with hook. Other than that it was pretty nice. Unique.
04) Above & Beyond – The music was catchy, but I could not really get into this song either
05) Mr Zip – I love the music :D. His voice wasn’t my favorite, but it was still a fun song lol. Too short tho.
06) Sia – Sia has a great voice. I wish it was a little more upbeat, but damn can she hit those notes.
07) Matt Hires – I really like the chorus and his voice is nice. Good song.
08) Sidoine – More foreign songs. I don’t personally like his voice, but its in French so bonus points. But yeah I am not really feeling it.
09) Astro – As much as I usually love every fifa soundtrack this one was… a bit….. weird….. nty.
10) Charli XCX – I;ve always liked charli. This song is mellower for her. Still nice.
11) Hot Natured – The music bored me honestly. Her voice didn’t do much to save it either. Not really a fan.
12) Neko Case – I did not like her voice. The music was okay, and it got better as it went on, but her voice was so boring.
13) Ferry Corsten – I like this. Fun song to dance to. Her voice was nice.
14) Greta Svabo Bech – She has a really nice voice. The music is powerful too. Powerful song.
15) Man Man – Mellow song. It was not bad I still liked it. Experimental bands are usually more fun than this.
16) Yuridia – The foreign songs are not so great this time around. Her voice is nice, but it was kind of boring. Even when the music picked up I just could not get into it.
17) TV On The Radio – Too mellow for me. I didn’t really like this one.
18) Lindsey Pavao – I loved when she sang say ahh on the voice. I wish she would have kept that energy for this song. Still got a nice voice tho.
19) Royal Blood – I liked parts of this. His voice was awesome. Not really my type of music, but it was not horrible.
20) Bo Burnham – lol this was really funny. Kind of catchy too. Might get points tbh lmao.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!