This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 156 Final

Topic » TSC 156 Final

3690 days 17 hours ago
Music
01) All Time Low - Um, I love them both! So happy they did a song together
02) Gareth Emery - The beat is good, but doesn't stand out!
03) St. Vincent - It's a tad weird
04) Above & Beyond - The music and lyrics don't match for me. Very odd mixture
05) Mr Zip - Umm.. the first 5 seconds were okay, but seriously #ANNOYING
06) Sia - A nice visual for this good sound would've been nice. Overall I enjoyed this!
07) Matt Hires - Nothing stands out in this song at all
08) Sidoine - It's nice. But I don't speak french, so can only go so far
09) Astro - Just a mess. not really TSC worthy
10) Charli XCX - It's okay
11) Hat Natured - the video was okay, it can get a tad bit annoying, but at the same time I sorta like it :S
12) Neko Case - This was good
13) Ferry Corsten - I loved this!
14) Greta Svabo Bech - Oh this was lovely. The video was sorta artistic which I enjoyed
15) Man Man - He has this tone to his voice that's very captivating
16) Yuridia - Didn't like this one bit
17) TV On The Radio - This band is very diverse! I rather liked this song
18) Lindsey Pavao - I liked her better on the show tbh
19) Royal Blood - This would be great for a long night drive
20) Bo Burnham- ??????????????
3690 days 16 hours ago
Insanity
Hi guys!

1. All Time Low – Kizzi and a bunch of other friends used to listen to this band religiously a few years back, so naturally, I’ve heard some of their songs. They were hit or miss for me. This sounds newer. Idk if it is or not, but it doesn’t sound familiar. I liked it though! Typical boy band geared toward teenagers. It was nice.
2. Gareth Emery – Her voice is beautiful. I’m loving this. Solid all the way through, from the beats, the vocals, and everything in between. This was great!
3. St. Vincent – I’m liking the addition of brass instruments to this! I wish it was stronger vocally though. They kinda fade away with the heavy brass. The chorus was good though.
4. Above & Beyond – First song I felt meh about. Nothing special at all.
5. Mr Zip – I can relate to this song sooooooo much! I have been in that situation where I’ve lost my keys and mobile phone. This was inspirational, truly.
6. Sia – She’s known for more slower songs, isn’t she? The beat was kinda haunting, but it was catchy too. This was pretty nice! I like how she says chandelier!
7. Matt Hires – This was standard. Not too moved by it.
8. Sidoine – I didn’t mind it. I just felt like something was missing. It’s not as good as other French songs that I’ve heard from past TSCs. This song sounds like it could be sang in English and nothing would change that much with the language change, which is… Sort of a problem for me? Idk foreign songs just should be more distinct than this!
9. Astro – FIFA? Is this you Connorthomson? This was very different, but at the same time… I was so enticed… I ended up really liking the freaky instrumental bits. I wanna dance now!
10. Charli XCX – Not so great. I was expecting something more exciting for a song titled “Boom Clap”
11. Hot Natured – This was solid throughout. Unique lyrics too. I dig it!
12. Neko Case – This was boring. Nothing good, honestly.
13. Ferry Cortsen – I don’t think her voice fit well with this song. The beats are fine, but compared to some of these other songs with a similar genre, this falls flat.
14. Greta Svabo Bech – Again, not so great. Not feeling it as much.
15. Man Man – I liked the strings, and the overall decade feel to it. But still… Kinda boring.
16. Yuridia – Please, PLEASE let there be one more good song before the end…
17. TV on the Radio – Nope
18. Lindsey Pavao – Took long enough, but a song I like! Something kinda 90s about it, which I like a lot! This was good.
19. Royal Blood – Creepy… But it’s good! I liked this one!
20. Bo Burnham – This was clever.

See you in the magazines!
3690 days 13 hours ago
FlameonX
1) All Time Low - I can hear remanants of the Billy Talent sound I used to like.
2) Gareth Emery - I like Bo Bruce =)
3) St.Vincent - The brass, the brass, the brass. I can't get enough of the brass!
4) Above & Beyond - I expected them to step on the glass - what a plot twist!
5) Mr Zip - That was pleasant. Is it a xylophone or that bowl-ie instrument that I can never remember the name of?
6) Sia - Oh snap! I couldn't tell that she was singing "chandelier" until I looked at the song title, haha.
7) Matt Hires - Ahh, it just hits those sweet spots!
8) Sidoine - This is shaping up to be a seriously tough contest. If the trend continues, I'm going to have a tough time voting.
9) Astro - It's nice! I just feel like it could have ended stronger?
10) Charli XCX - It was nice, like a streamline.
11) Hot Natured - I think I would have liked the song even without the vocals. BUT, the vocals did match the mood of the song.
12) Neko Case - Her voice is very comforting to listen to.
13) Ferry Corsten - Her voice was slightly too high for my liking, but the lyrics were very uplifting.
14) Greta Svabo Bech - There's a very familiar chord in there, but I can't put my finger on it. There's something about the vocal that draws me in, even though it's similar to the previous entry.
15) Man Man - Ever take it over, ever take it over from you (8) I liked the flow =)
16) Yuridia - Simple, strong vocal, but I feel like it will pale in comparison to the other entries in this contest.
17) TV On The Radio - At the moment, I can't decide if I like it or not.
18) Lindsey Pavao - I found myself disengaged throughout the song.
19) Royal Blood - It's good in its own respects, but it's generally not my cup of tea.
20) Bo Burnham - Oh my.
3690 days 7 hours ago
bibbles
01) All Time Low – these are mini bibs favs, she saw them in concert recently and ive heard this one loads of times, in the car, on holiday!! Im a bit disappointed that someone beat me to it, as I was working my way through mini bibs artist list. 5 seconds of summer was a flop!! I like this, and the album is quite good too!!
02) Gareth Emery – a bit euro pop for me, im not a fan of bo bruce, but it had a nice beat and some nice twiddly bits. I do wish they would just end a song and not do the whole credit thing!!
03) St. Vincent – a bit talking heads, like a female version of david byrne! I like some of talking heads, but im not sure im a fan of the female version.
04) Above & Beyond – I quite like her voice, but not sure I like the thump thump dancy bit.
05) Mr Zip – no!
06) Sia – her voice is very irritating, very nasally and lazy, like she cant be bothered!
07) Matt Hires – ive heard a lot of this kind of stuff this week, after blue toothing mini bibs phone to the car stereo! Shes bounces between all time low and boys playing guitars!! (with a lot of screamo in between!!) its was quite nice.
08) Sidoine – a foreign song, shouldn’t they have waited for the foreign tsc! It’s a bit two door, but I bobbed along to it!
09) Astro – ive used fifa tracks before after hearing them when hubby plays, this is not a good one!
10) Charli XCX – its very repetitive and not sure I like the lyrics, to sing along to, saying boom clap all the time!
11) Hat Natured – hat!! It was okay, a bit slow, and didn’t go anywhere, but it wasn’t awful.
12) Neko Case – this reminded me of the beautiful south, it was catchy.
13) Ferry Corsten – ooh twee, very twee, almost chipmunk sounding! Oh heres the dancy bit! My father in law used to say this was a mild form of brainwashing!!
14) Greta Svabo Bech – sounds like the last singer, a bit twee! I quite like the melody and the attempt to make it sound a bit anthem. It has bits that I like.
15) Man Man – I like this one, ive used these before, for the Halloween tcs!!
16) Yuridia – another foreign language one! I quite like this one, it was quite nice.
17) TV On The Radio – this is very mellow and quite hypnotic. i enjoyed it.
18) Lindsey Pavao – lost my interest, it was very standard!
19) Royal Blood – a bit rocky and I agree its quite white stripes! I quite liked it.
20) Bo Burnham – Victoria wood and pam ayres and jasper carrot have done stuff like this, but not quite so rude! Its ironic and great for a stand up show, and something to show your mates, but it doesn’t fit in a song contest, in my opinion!
3690 days 4 hours ago
ryan5676
01) All Time Low This is a pleasant song, but the music just does not fit in
02) Gareth Emery I love this song and that I supported Bo in the voice and that this was great
03) St. Vincent The voice and the music is too weird and it would make me go insane
04) Above & Beyond This song has sent shivers down my spines with the high pitched voices
05) Mr Zip The song is very catchy and loveable where I would dance to it
06) Sia This song is very depressing to me with the slow music and its just irritating
07) Matt Hires I enjoy the good feeling of the song which has a smile on my face and also the voice
08) Sidoine The beat was generally good and that I can listen to this all day
09) Astro This was a very boring song where I got tired of it quickly
10) Charli XCX I really like the lyrics of the song and the chorus was exceptional
11) Hat Natured I was very shocked of the song when it first started and that it is pretty good
12) Neko Case This is just a guilty pleasure where I like some parts but it is nothing special
13) Ferry Corsten The song did not come out to me of which disappointed me
14) Greta Svabo Bech I really love the feeling of this song for some reason and it does come to me
15) Man Man The song sounded really slow and would make you fall asleep
16) Yuridia What a powerful voice, this just blow me out of my seat and deserves to do well
17) TV On The Radio I really don’t like the texture of the song where it does not mix
18) Lindsey Pavao I am sorry but the song does not turn me on and that it is just horrible
19) Royal Blood The music is just too loud and that I don’t know why they are successful
20) Bo Burnham Very weird song and that I was not impressed with the song where it is not serious
3690 days 2 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. All Time Low - Never really liked them and no song will change my opinion.
2. Gareth Emery - This is actually very good, maybe long, but loving the pace and the vocals. Nice buildup.
3. St. Vincent - Different, also quite liking it. Very pleasant to our ears.
4. Above & Beyond - It doesn't sound as good as song #2, it tries not to sound like a radio song, but fails to do so.
5. Mr Zip - lol
6. Sia - She kind of sounds like Rihanna in this song. Autotune hearable. Not her best to be honest.
7. Matt Hires - Not my style. His voice becomes rather granting after awhile.
8. Sidoine - If we decide to send foreign songs, those should be like Indila. This is nowhere near her standards, in fact, it was rather average.
9. Astro - Is Connorthomson back? I mean, a soccer fan, duh! It's quite annoying.
10. Charli XCX - Her pop music has always got this odd alternation. It's a nice entry.
11. Hot Natured - Simple beat, nice vocals, quite good.
12. Neko Case - Really laidback, pleasant song, another goodie!
13. Ferry Corsten - Her voice is pushing the limit of squeak. It isn't bad, though, quite catchy, nice beat.
14. Greta Svabo Bech - Didn't she get famous through Deadmau5? Raise Your Weapon was amazing so I expect a lot. Oh, it is also very good!
15. Man Man - Another granting vocal. Ruins the whole structure.
16. Yuridia - Another foreign song. Sounds like something that would be sent into Eurovision, not my thing.
17. TV On The Radio - Rather boring. It doesn't go anywhere @_@
18. Lindsey Pavao - Took too long to start, didn't really wow me when it started. Next!
19. Royal Blood - Heard this somewhere before, a bit too strong for my liking.
20. Bo Burnham - Oh dear...
3690 days 1 hour ago
Jacob_96
01) All Time Low - It's okay.
02) Gareth Emery - love this, Bo was robbed in the voice uk :( her voice is the type of voice I really really like. < 3
03) St. Vincent - The beat is horrible! Awful...
04) Above & Beyond - This is nice, really enjoy the vocals!
05) Mr Zip - please stop while you're ahead
06) Sia - The chorus is amazing, the verses suck... hmmm
07) Matt Hires - not a fan, it's OK.
08) Sidoine - It sounds like a song that would be on the sims soundtrack :p I like this :)
09) Astro - Nice, catchy and fun to listen to, LOVE the beat. I like these 2 foreign songs a lot more than nearly all the other songs so far :P
10) Charli XCX - This is great, enjoyed this!
11) Hot Natured - No... annoying voice
12) Neko Case - Decent entry, pretty good
13) Ferry Corsten - I really like this, more dance pop in TSC is what I like to see :P
14) Greta Svabo Bech - It was okay, good voice, bad song
15) Man Man - Okay, it was a bit boring
16) Yuridia - As it got into it, I started enjoying it more, gosh I LOVE this.
17) TV On The Radio - boring
18) Lindsey Pavao - see above comment
19) Royal Blood - not my sort of thing but pretty good.
20) Bo Burnham - LOL, I love this!
3690 days ago
kimmal8
Hi Bibbles!!!!
3689 days 23 hours ago
bibbles
hi kimmal
3689 days 23 hours ago
Patrick319
1) All Time Low - Not the biggest fan of this music but it was tolerable.
2) Gareth Emery - I really enjoyed this.
3) St. Vincent - I found myself oddly enjoying the beat. I like it.
4) Above & Beyond - This was nice but I think I enjoyed Gareth/Bo a bit more.
5) Mr Zip - Nah, not feeling it.
6) Sia - Typical Sia. This wasn't bad.
7) Matt Hires - Not bad.
8) Sidoine - This was nice to listen to. Cheerful. I have a thing for French songs I feel like.
9) Astro - I thought this was going to be Astro from X Factor. Thank god it's not!! Still wasn't too into it though. Noisy.
10) Charli XCX - Not a big Charli fan, but the chorus was fun.
11) Hot Natured - The beat was very underwhelming.
12) Neko Case - Relaxing. Quite nice.
13) Ferry Corsten - Didn't really care for this until that drop. I'm a sucker for those kinds of things.
14) Greta Svabo Bech - I love little odditys like this.
15) Man Man - The chorus could be a little better since I quite enjoyed the beginning, but it's not bad.
16) Yuridia - Wasn't expecting this. I liked it.
17) TV On The Radio - Not bad but also a little underwhelming.
18) Lindsey Pavao - I liked her on The Voice but I wasn't digging this.
19) Royal Blood - Really liked this. Nice choice.
20) Bo Burnham - Wasn't funny.
3689 days 22 hours ago
bibbles
just googled 10pm EDT, its 2am GMT! good luck guys, be back tomorrow to see who won!!
3689 days 22 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Yea... I unfortunately still have family over, hence the lateness of the results.
3689 days 21 hours ago
Limegrass
Hope you have a lovely time with your family toils!! I too will be heading off to sleep now, good luck all and see you in the morn :)
3689 days 18 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Results will begin shortly
3689 days 18 hours ago
Insanity
yay :)

open group

Tengaged Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!