This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 197 Final...

Topic » TSC 197 Final...

3300 days 22 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
16) Florence & the Machine - I thought we were going to miss out on the current Florence releases for fear of being too "O word" but alas, here we are. It's good enough, but it might have some trouble getting some points up against others that were also solid, as name value is a little high on this one.
17) Delta Rae - Toe tappin', bass thudding. Delta Rae continues to be one of those groups that really breaks the folky/country barrier for me.
18) Marion Raven - I feel like I should have been able to get into this more than I did, but alas, I didn't.
19) Kylie Minogue - This felt like such a random LSFYL, but that's totally off topic. Mid to lower-tier Kylie. See the end of Florence critique.
20) Janelle Monae & Jidenna - Was considering entering this for 2.5 seconds until I got shat on for using Ms. Monae last season and got "O word"ed to death. Anyway, this is totally for me.
21) Lowell - In a weaker contest, this would definitely have a chance with me. Just pales a bit in comparison thus far, IMO.
22) Good Old War - Been a while. Fourth obligatory weekly "not for me, but it's okay, because it'll definitely be for some of the others" comment. Slight toe tap wasn't enough to save it for me.
23) Matrimony - Girl, were the fans cheering necessary? The musical equivalent of laugh track. I will cheer if I want to. Feel like it clashed with the music a little bit too much for my liking.
3300 days 9 hours ago
bibbles
and now i have guilt, leaving poor old aqua all on his lonesome!!

01) iLL BLU – in the 70s/80s I loved disco and dancing and would love a song with a good beat that I could boogie to, but now I find dancy type music very hit or miss!! Not sure about this one. Will need to think about it! Ooh weird ending had to look at the video to see what was happening!!
02) Unspoken – quite like the beat and quite like his voice, but the song, over all was a bit standard!!
03) Stevie McCrorie – god, how shrill, stop shouting!!!! The quality wasn’t good, its very rough, that may be its charm, but his singing is very sharp!!!!
04) George Ezra – still cant get over hes not a middle aged thick set man with a big busy beard!! They keep playing this on the radio (absolute is the one I listen to!) is this an advert for a cassio watch?
05) Molly Pettersson Hammar – I can hear a TV theme in there somewhere! Its not a bad song!
06) Selah Sue – do find the phrasing these days annoing “widout chew”. This song bored me, it dragged!!
07) Andriah Arrindell – lots of dancy songs, I found this annoying, the twiddly background noises, her voice, all grating!!
08) Sparks the Rescue – at least it’s a band, with instruments, and singing, something mini bibs would listen to or used to listen to!! It was quite sweet!
09) Audra Mae – haven’t we heard this already, sounds like a previous song. It was okay, her voice is okay, the beat is okay and at least its not full of twiddly background stuff!!
10) Broiler – no, insipid vocals, same old same old tune, and why the camera shutter noises, not needed!! And why the toy saxophone noise!!
11) Kat Dahlia – a twee and jess j at the same time!! Again, with the phrasing, a bit mockney!! Oh she swore, how original!
12) The Wombats – someone chewing toffees!! I quite like this, has a lot of elements that I like.
13) We Have Band – why have I heard this before? Got lots of 80s/90s in it. I like it!!
14) Erik Hassle – stop saying yeah!!!! Sounds like you heaving!! It was okay, heard worse!!
15) Alex Winston – was expecting a man. A bit sugary, very even keel, not going anywhere. Seems to slow down in places.
16) Florence & the Machine – never been a fan, not made me change my mind.
17) Delta Rae – you don’t  need to shout, I have headphones!! Shes been in a few times, didn’t float my boat, a bit of a album track for fans only.
18) Marion Raven – a bit doctor and the medics!! Is she channelling kate bush, unsuccessfully! Oh another one that has a funny ending!!
19) Kylie Minogue – has beta and this contest been merge, a few names in the contest that blue would love to comment on!! Not for me!
20) Janelle Monae & Jidenna – not even if all the music in the world was deleted!!
21) Lowell – well it has bells, that was very dreary and very very long!
22) Good Old War – a bit mumford and bit 77 bombay street, it was okay.
23) Matrimony – country meets folk, it was okay.
3300 days 8 hours ago
ianfitz0012
"Oh she swore, how original! "
same
3300 days 2 hours ago
CharlieBibi
01) iLL BLU - MORP4 -
Talk about cliche damn, the song was repetitive but I actually enjoyed the beat and the guy's voice ain't that bad either.
02) Unspoken - MORN3 - 
The voice is not on point imo, It sounds a lot like stuff I listen to sometimes (Daughtry is an example). I mean I like the overall vibe but when I listen closer it gets kind of annoying.
03) Stevie McCrorie - OTT5 -
What the hell is this, isn't there a rule for it to be Professional recordings smh. This tries way too hard and yeah it's 100% not for me.
04) George Ezra - OTTN4 -
Explicit Content? Gay-ass looking singer? I'M ALREADY ON BOARD! oh wait... this is country. and not the good kind of it at that cya. It's also annoyingly repetitive so NOPE. The middle finger at the end is also cringe and awful just so many things wrong with this like why.
05) Molly Pettersson Hammar - CPPP5 -
Oh shit now we're talking! yassss holy fuck this song slayed my life so hard. That Chorus < 3 This is honestly one of the best songs I've heard on TSC (even tho Ive been here for 5 contests or so but still, dont burst my bubble.)
06) Selah Sue - MORP3 -
This is actually not as bad as I thought it could be. I actually really liked this, Good Job to whoever sent this!
07) Andriah Arrindell - OTTM5 -
I expected this to be a trainwreck. God I was NOT Disappointed. Like honestly what kind of iconic music video is this. This song is just screaming at me to give it points.
08) Sparks the Rescue - OTTN5 -
This was so cliche, the voice was so bad, the instrumental was nothing special. It was all kinds of awful I hate this, I hate whoever SENT this you need to give it up this song is NOT happening, no. NEXT.  ALSO WHY IS THIS GUY SO INTO IT THE SONG IS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING GOODBYE YOU LOOK PSYCHO. He's also butt ugly so yeah this had no redeeming qualities.
09) Audra Mae - CPPP5 -
Honestly the only thing keeping this from being the best song I've ever heard is the fact that Slaytina made a better version. This is still an amazing song, deserves everyone's love and honestly this is perfection, I fucking adore whoever sent this. (Also this being right after the other awful song before makes it that much better.)
10) Broiler - INV -
This wasn't bad, it was just boring and bland. It really just doesn't stand out to me at all.
11) Kat Dahlia - MOR4 -
I wanted to like this, I really did. And I did so yay! Strong female song always do well with me and this will be no exception. Kind of boring but also strong enough for me. The ending was sort of bad though...
12) The Wombats - OTT4 -
This was weird but it awkwardly enough worked, I actually liked this LOL I kind of hate myself for it but oh well
13) We Have Band - CP3 -
Ok I was NOT prepared for this. This is also odd but I'm not sure if it works as well as Wombats...I'm pretty sure it doesn't work at all but eh good try cause there's people who'll like this unexplicably but meh, not I.
14) Erik Hassle - UTRN1 -
Smh.. no thanks. This was boring and sort of grating too. I was hoping for it to pick up at the chorus and well it didn't happen so that was a let down.
15) Alex Winston - UTR2 -
I had high hopes for this and was left disappointed. It's nice but I was expecting something completely different which is a shame.
16) Florence & the Machine - CPN5 -
I've never been a fan of them and honestly this song doesn't help their case with me. It's gonna be liked but I can't bring myself to like this at all
3300 days 2 hours ago
CharlieBibi
17) Delta Rae - CP4 -
This is cool, I most likely won't go back to listen to this but I liked this. I'm sure others will enjoy this more though.
18) Marion Raven - MORP3 -
Nice enough, Not winner material but a pleasant listen. I'm definately shakin my ass while this song is playing though.
19) Kylie Minogue - OTTP3 -
This has such a different feel to it than what I've heard thus far tbh. Also, someone else is watching RPDR : - ) Kennedy/Jasmine both sucked but let's not go there. I liked this song and the chorus is so fucking catchy I honestly can't. Music video is meh but I actually really enjoy this.
20) Janelle Monae & Jidenna - OTTM4 -
Oh a name I recognize how fun! Holy shit I was NOT ready for this either. This is a complete and utter mess but uhm its surprisingly okay? Idk really. Honestly, as it went on I was more and more into this LOLOLOL. I liked this and I have no idea why.
21) Lowell - UTR1 -
hits snooze button Meh. Very, VERY meh.
22) Good Old War - MOR3 -
I thought I'd like this at first but I didn't. I really have nothing else to say to this.
23) Matrimony - UTRM1 -
This contest started off so well = [ This is boring and not my style sorry...
3299 days 7 hours ago
tbbars
Just finished my first listen to the songs, it's a good contest overall. I have 13 songs I'd happily vote for which is rare for me!

P.S. Charlie what do all your abbreviations next to the artists names mean?
3299 days 7 hours ago
bibbles
i was going to ask the same question as tbbars!!
3299 days 7 hours ago
CharlieBibi
It's called Edgic. Its usually used to predict the outcome of TV shows.

INV means Invisible.
UTR means Under The Radar (Not really noticed)
MOR means Middle of the Road (It's alright but nothing too out of the ordinary
CP means Complex Personnality (Usually It'll be for good songs that are complex.)
OTT means OVer The Top

When you add a P to it, it means POSITIVE
when you add an N to it, it means NEGATIVE
when you add an M to it, it means MIXED
You can also be PP, MM, NN which mean its extremly VERY VERY Positive/Negative/Mixed

Then the number is /5 how important the song is.
3299 days ago
kimmal8
01) iLL BLU - Good start! This was catchy...wasn't sure if I was going to like it at first.
02) Unspoken - Let's keep this train rollin'! Okay it's not fantastic, but still not anywhere close to a disappointment!
03) Stevie McCrorie - Wow this is pretty good. You can really hear the passion in his voice.
04) George Ezra - Fantastic voice! This was a bit repetitive at points, but I have liked a few of his other songs as well!
05) Molly Pettersson Hammar - I can see why some would like it. I don't think it's a particularly good song, but it has some positive notes.
06) Selah Sue - Super strange! But i kinda like it...pretty good voice.
07) Andriah Arrindell - It was just okay, nothing really exciting about it. Instrumental was too long.
08) Sparks the Rescue - That was pretty bad. Very samey boy band.
09) Audra Mae - Fun song, has a country feel to it, but not enough for me to not like it!
10) Broiler - Boringggggg
11) Kat Dahlia - I've liked an entry from her before, this was decent as well!
12) The Wombats - Wtf @ the vid haha, but for the song....not bad! Weird, but nice chorus.
13) We Have Band - Repetitive and dumb
14) Erik Hassle - Really cool, enjoyed it much more towards the end.
15) Alex Winston - Sounds like something out of a musical....no thanks.
16) Florence & the Machine - Always like a lil Florence...was no different for this song!
17) Delta Rae - not my cup of tea, m8
18) Marion Raven - Madonna?
19) Kylie Minogue - Nope there's Madonna
20) Janelle Monae & Jidenna - I like her normally bu this wasn't good
21) Lowell - I heard this as the revealing song for an act on a tv show....not into it.
22) Good Old War - I ALMOST submitted this...
23) Matrimony - What's with the cheering?
3298 days 17 hours ago
tbbars
1. ill BLU - This is a pretty solid opening song, it's catchy and consistent, kept my interest throughout, rather pleasant
2. Unspoken - It started well and kept up the good work, cool beat and vibes, the vocals were OK, I quite enjoyed this one
3. Stevie McCrorie - Wondering how he won The Voice, he ain't that special, the song itself just dragged on and wasn't exciting
4. George Ezra - Gave him 8pts in TSC148, he's obvious but a good artist nonetheless, the "o-o-o" amuses me, decent song
5. Molly Pettersson Hammar - Apparently this failed at Melodifestivalen, I think this is pleasant actually, catchy, dynamic and different
6. Selah Sue - Another decent entry, this contest has started well! Catchy beat, nice delicate voice, well-constructed song
7. Andriah Arrindell - The beat is unoriginal, saying that the song's OK and it does what it sets out to do, her voice suits the beat
8. Sparks the Rescue - Somebody tell this band it's 2015, not 2005. Songs like this always sound much the same, it's not my thing
9. Audra Mae - Well this girl has got some sass! I like how she sings, when it got faster it wasn't as strong, decent overall
10. Broiler - Oh I'm enjoying this little ditty! Cool stuff, slowly builds in strength until it unleashes the saxophone, nice
11. Kat Dahlia - For me this isn't as strong as her winning entry, her accent is quite annoying to be frank, too much rap too
12. The Wombats - Feel like I should be disliking this, but I found it alright, just wish I knew why! It's lively and has charisma
13. We Have Band - Unusual, but it was captivating and original, my only criticism is it stayed on the same level for too long
14. Erik Hassle - Tried to submit this but Johnny said I was 19 minutes late. Damn someone, I think it'll do well. Good song
15. Alex Winston - Interesting entry from this TSC queen, quite nice all in all, unique from the other songs but it lasts too long
16. Florence & the Machine - Even more obvious than George Ezra, it was OK though there was something about it that doesn't grab me
17. Delta Rae - Gave them 3pts in TSC102, I was convinced this was about Jesus! As a song it's decent, though a bit noisy
18. Marion Raven - Really strong and steady beat holding up a catchy tune, it's different to the norm as well, I liked this one!
19. Kylie Minogue - You might as well have cancelled love. Shall I just repeat my comment last week about Kylie's recent stuff?
20. Janelle Monae & Jidenna - Gave Janelle 7pts in TSC110, saw this while looking for songs and rejected it, need I say more? Too chavvy
21. Lowell - I lost interest and concentration about a quarter of the way through, very repetitive and wishy-washy stuff
22. Good Old War - This had cool vibes, a catchy little bit of indie never did no harm, it was also weirdly relaxing, quite like it
23. Matrimony - Not bad, she has a decent sweet voice, though the overall package felt rather soppy and fluffy, too much so

Enjoyable contest, well done people for bringing your A-Game!

And Charlie I googled Edgic, I see it's used by Survivor fans, though I found it rather confusing!
3298 days 8 hours ago
SynthPopLover
Hi its Tepr here, i have temporarily lost access to my account , so am using this one to send my comments & votes , aqua could you like send me a msg to this account so i can reply with my votes thanks

01) iLL BLU
this was fun, very soft & smooth beat
02) Unspoken
very cheesy & sappy, not for me
03) Stevie McCrorie
hmmm it was okay, it just dosent really live up to the standard needed.
04) George Ezra
this dude has been hanging around the top end of the charts for almost half a year now.
not someone i ever really cared for/
05) Molly Pettersson Hammar
this one kinda passed me by
06) Selah Sue
i feel like shes a big name in TSC, its an okay song, im not sure if it deserves points
07) Andriah Arrindell
gosh this song sounds very outdated, and video seriously makes it seem a whole lot worse.
08) Sparks the Rescue
so generic and lame sounding
09) Audra Mae
it was rather predictable, but i can see it doing well . it was okay
10) Broiler
apart from the nice little sax touch this was another predictable song,
11) Kat Dahlia
theres one thing i really hate in TSC and its these types of shouty songs.
12) The Wombats
a great fun electro indie rock tune
13) We Have Band
pretty cool . not as catchy as i would of hoped but interesting enough for me to enjoy
14) Erik Hassle 
took a while for me to get into this but as it went i really started to enjoy it
15) Alex Winston
Meh . don't really care for this., a safe pick
16) Florence & the Machine
i do like florence but she does not belong here.
17) Delta Rae
no sorry i dont like this
18) Marion Raven
i really liked it at first and then it never progressed and just got annoying
19) Kylie Minogue
right so here we have a huge popstar, who also appeared as a featuring artist in the last contest. is this entry really needed? having said that it was pretty catchy and this contest is so bad that i may be forced to give it points
20) Janelle Monae & Jidenna
oh janelle what were you thinking , you sound awful here, and i seriously used to adore you.
21) Lowell
this was a decent song
22) Good Old War
an okay one, i was just not that into it
23) Matrimony
this was a pretty bad submission because i honestly thought i was enduring an extra long youtube submission.
3298 days 8 hours ago
bibbles
how do you remember it charlie!!
3298 days 8 hours ago
ianfitz0012
01) iLL BLU - I suppose I could get down to this
02) Unspoken - kind of like gavin degraw but not as exciting but still good
03) Stevie McCrorie - I just wanted it to stop
04) George Ezra - I don't like his lips but the song was fun
05) Molly Pettersson Hammar - this is TURNT
06) Selah Sue - this was ok but the contest so far has been good so it will be forgettable
07) Andriah Arrindell - not the kind of tea I want spilled, sorry
08) Sparks the Rescue - couldn't feel anything sorry
09) Audra Mae - this is getting love? I expected way more
10) Broiler - it was a bit trippy but not memorable enough
11) Kat Dahlia - wow how original another kat dahlia post I wonder who did this
12) The Wombats - kinda boring
13) We Have Band - this really intrigued me
14) Erik Hassle - I really enjoyed this… basically "I can't get enough"
15) Alex Winston - I got bored
16) Florence & the Machine - wow a florence entry how unthought of :)
17) Delta Rae - to over the top for me
18) Marion Raven - makes me want to fall asleep
19) Kylie Minogue - lol kind of enjoying this…
20) Janelle Monae & Jidenna - not a janelle fan but this is the song I have been waiting for
21) Lowell - no sorry
22) Good Old War - eh maybe in a few listens I could like this but not now
23) Matrimony - this was a cute note to end on but I wasn't feeling it too much
3298 days 6 hours ago
TheGoodMan
01) iLL BLU - Nice to see that James Morrison is still around, I always liked him. Pretty solid simple song here, nothing that is special but a pretty good one!

02) Unspoken - Very MOR soft rock. Not feeling it at all.

03) Stevie McCrorie - The Voice has NEVER produced any individual and good artists. MEH.

04) George Ezra - I actually am quite familiar with this song but more particularly this artist. Obvious rule possibly? Like the song, not his best however.

05) Molly Pettersson Hammar - One of the more robbed songs from Melfest this year, definitely wasn't a winner but a solid song nonetheless.

06) Selah Sue - This is funky as hell! I'm actually enjoying this one a lot, the video is trippy as hell but I really like this, Simple little song but a good one.

07) Andriah Arrindell - I don't know why, but I found this rather trashy. Not feeling it to be honest.

08) Sparks the Rescue - Dear Jesus no. Is this like some Hot Chelle Rae tribute band or something?

09) Audra Mae - I like her voice a fair bit, kinda wanted more from it but it's one of the better songs I have heard so far.

10) Broiler - Rather understated beat to begin wth but I actually really liked it, very summery and pretty, the saxophone still got milage I see!

11) Kat Dahlia - I really quite like the rasp in her voice, It's a song I would like to listen to again I think, it's really quite good!

12) The Wombats - I didn't know they were still a thing, I actually really enjoyed this! The video was really clever and I liked the synths and the vocals, it all came together!

13) We Have Band - Uhm, I think it was alright, but it didn't go anywhere special for me, not great.

14) Erik Hassle - Feeling the funk indeed, really solid entry this, I thoroughly enjoyed it!

15) Alex Winston - Pretty, simple, but it didn't really capture my attention that much.

16) Florence & the Machine - Love but too obvious

17) Delta Rae - I was actually living for the vocals but I just kinda hated the song so It doesn't work well for me. The song was very old fashioned and tame for the vocal power...

18) Marion Raven - I thought it was alright, but in this contest with this calibre, it will probably get a few points from me, it was just ok.

19) Kylie Minogue - Love Kylie but too obvious, LOL at the Drag Race lipsync song being used.

20) Janelle Monae & Jidenna - Janelle could be construed as too obvious, but she has had far less chart success when compared to George Ezra and particularly Flo and Kylie, I'll still be taking her popularity into consideration, Pretty much making me live this song is though!

21) Lowell - I really like the instrumental in this, pretty, summery, not bad at all.

22) Good Old War - Like, it was decent, but nothing special really.

23) Matrimony - I actually really thought this was cute as hell. Nice note to end on really!
3298 days 5 hours ago
bibbles
tepr, how did you lose access to your account? be careful you dont get banned for using this account so early!!

open group

Tengaged Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!