This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

T(k)I 12: The Inspiring 8 become 7

Topic » T(k)I 12: The Inspiring 8..

3449 days 15 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Next up we have #TeamSixteenSeventeen and Dragotistic singing Ben E. King's "Stand by Me"

kkoster - I like your voice, and you can really stay in pitch which I love! However I do find myself struggling a bit to get into this performanc, because it sounds very similar to the past performances, and i'm finding they all sound a bit the same. And you also along with that lost your voice towards the end and it got a bit sloppy/pitchy. With that said I still found most of your runs really strong, as well you conneting to the song at many points. Well done! (Change it up next time you perform, and do something where you can show us more of your voice).

pok3r -  Much better than last week, your vocals were not as flat as before and I enjoyed listening to your performance much more compared to the 1D song. However, I feel that throughout these live shows your performances have been very lacklustre and disconnected from any emotion. This performance is beginning to be the turning point for you. Although the verses began very dull, by the chorus you were showing your vocal range and the emotion was coming through. Just don’t get into the habit of singing the same way on each chorus – make each chorus unique in their own way.

TGM - I felt like you regressed a little this week I'm honest. It felt a little flat to me. I missed a little energy and committment in your voice if I'm honest, which is important. You did pick a pretty alright song, and I like your voice on the whole. There were very questionable runs towards the end though, you probably need to handle them a little better.

Flameonx - You had a bit of a shakey start, but that's OK - you recovered. I found that you were consistently flat throughout the song. Sometimes it came in and out, but sometimes it was sustained. I think you could benefit from recording yourself, listening back and pinpointing where exactly you think you might be slightly under pitch. If you do this a couple times, you'll get increasingly better with ear training!

Weet - You had some really great runs in there, I loved it. Just to nit pick, try to work on your diction when singing that way you can reduce that nasally tone (unless you're currently sick then bravo you did well). And I think you chose the perfect song for your voice because A) because of it's simplicity, you have the freedom to experiment with your runs and B) You have this beautiful story behind the song that works well with the lyrics of the song. This was a great moment for you.

Dude - I am so proud of you on this one. We both love this song and I think that this was your best recording yet. I really think that you can make the final 4 and who knows, maybe the public will give you the win.
3449 days 14 hours ago
Tundra
Just got here... I FORGOT TO VOTE FOR JUDGES!!!!! :( GL GUYS :*
3449 days 14 hours ago
dragotistic
Oh man looks like I'm in trouble
3449 days 14 hours ago
Tundra
About to pee my pants tbh
3449 days 14 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Wrapping up the first half is Krrais from #TeamTwentyandOver singing Fun's "Carry On"

https://soundcloud.com/krrais/carryon3

TGM - This is definitely a song I never imagined you singing! You handled it a lot better than I expected too. Your tone again shined through, and you had more energy than you've had in the past! Nice job in showing something different here, and your vocals sounded pretty solid too!

Dude -  Krais I’m going to be straight up with you but this was the weakest performance of the night which really surprised me. Your better than this and I think you made one of the worst song choice decisions that we have seen all season. Your voice wasn’t made to cover a song by FUN, and with all honesty I kind of got the gist that you were tired throughout the whole song, and for the first minute I didn’t really feel any emotion. Like I said last week your voice has so much potential with those high notes, but this week didn’t do it for me at all.

kkoster -  I love your tone! I mean damn those choruses left me speechless! However the verses could have been much improved, mainly in the beginning. Other than that I am happy with how the big notes turned out, how your pitch was on point, and how you got so into the performances! (Although make sure that you're not getting so much interfence on your mic) Good job!

Weet - It sounds like you're using one device to project the backing track and another device to record your voice and the track together, which is fine believe me I know the struggle lol, just try to make the backing track louder or closer to your mic so we can have the balance between your voice and the track. Now on to the singing, you did very well. Your upper range sounds lovely and it was all in all a solid performance.

Flame - The first verse was a litle shakey for me. Probably because you wanted to start off low enough to give yourself room to soar later on in the song. It's a tough song to sing! Just be extra careful with your breath control in your lower register, because anyone can very easily fall flat.

Pok3r - Standing Ovation! A brilliant performance, and something that was definitely out of your comfort zone as an upbeat song. Your tone sounds SOOOOO good on this song and you are delivering moody vocals as well as those big power notes. It was an amazing vocal performance that showcased everything you can deliver. *hugs*
3449 days 14 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Next up we have #TeamSixteenSeventeen and Tundra singing Sarah McLachlan's "Arms of An Angel"

https://soundcloud.com/tundratz/arms-of-an-angel-cover

kkoster - Loved your performance again! The reason being that for one, you slowed the piano and made this performance haunting. You also sang with emotion, and kept on pitch, which is hard to do. Although I would of like you to really shoot for a note, and give it that dramatacism, I still loved it! Great Work!

TGM - You don't sound quite as polished this week, which is what I was hoping from you, you relaxed the theatricality, so well done for that. This was again, very strong musically and vocally, but I felt the song choice was a little morose and it didn't really have any uplift near the end which is what I was hoping for. It didn't particularly go anywhere. Still, stellar job.

pok3r -  Personally I wasn’t overjoyed with this song choice and arrangement; I felt that even though your vocals were good, the arrangement was a bit too slow for me and apart from the end of the song when you changed it up there was little room for your vocals to flourish. I understand that you wanted the song to be slow to bring the emotion out in your vocals, but your vocals can do that anyway without sending the song into the funeral parlour vibe. I expected to be wowed, but I was left disappointed. :/

flameonx - It was hella quiet and you made me work hard for it, but it was worth it. You used your vibrato in all the right places, and it was just so dynamic. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Moving forward, just bring your mic closer to your face/mouth so that the audience doesn't have to struggle to hear you, because it's a travesty if you get penalized for something so minor. I was #engaged.

Weet - Some people hate the breathy tone, however I love it and I think it was the perfect tone to use for this song. You sang this perfectly and I'm absolutely in love with this. I'm like tearing up a little bit. Thank you for sharing this with us.

dude - I enjoyed this a lot. It wasn’t as vocally perfect as Latch, even I’ll admit that as there were some rough spots, but next week we will find a song that you can once again both connect to emotionally and vocally. This performance was still one of the top 3 in the night, so for that I’m proud of you, even your weakest performances will hit the top 3.
3449 days 14 hours ago
Carlisle
LOL i'm so nervous i dont even know what to expect :x
3449 days 14 hours ago
TolisKalkas
The second performer from #TeamFifteenandUnder is 01Gohan singing The Fray's "Never Say Never"

https://soundcloud.com/alexgohan/never-say-never-1

TGM -  This song is a wee bit of a guilty pleasure for me! I'm not sure if this was your strongest, I think you needed to be a little more in control of your voice, have a little more power behind it. I did like some of the emotion you showed, I could hear it in your voice, but in a week as strong as this, you could find yourself in troube :(

Pok3r - Those shaky vocals came back with a vengeance in this performance and they really hampered your performance, unfortunately. When your vocals were not shaky, you were actually on pitch and sang really well. If I was to look for what let you down, I think the song was a bit too much for you to handle; The Fray are a pop/rock group and you need a certain confidence to carry a song like that. The song choice let you down, and it was clear in your vocals.

dude - I really don’t like the fact that you submitted this late, and your reasons were pretty weak at best (we all have homework), with that being said your vocals were on point for the most part. It started off pretty meh with some notes going really off key, but you picked yourself up and delivered a solid second half. I found myself really enjoying your performance. Still, if you are penalized for being late, and to be honest you should be in order to be fair to the other singers who submitted their act on time, you may find yourself in some trouble tonight.

weet - Omg GOHAN! Hi! You did so well here, I loved this! My only critique is when the song reaches it's climax or whenever it calls for your upper range, don't be afraid to let it go and reach those notes, I know you have it in you, push yourself and you'd be amazed at what you can accomplish! Solid performance for me.

flameonx - This was nice. It's a very repetitive song and it's quite difficult to maintain the audience's interest, even when you vary the phrasing. I could have also used a little more sense of "yearning." You also have that pure tone I remember from previous seasons. Keep it up!

kkoster - This was definitely a tough week for you, as you had some trouble finding a song that spoke to your situation, but when you did it just clicked! You stayed on pitch, on tempo (Except for the first 15 seconds, which wee a little off), and really connected with the song in my opinion. I am really proud of how this turned out! Great job!
3449 days 14 hours ago
Tundra
OMG GUYS THANKYOU I WAS SO FREAKING WORRIED! I'm in love with these guest judges thanks  babes <3333
3449 days 14 hours ago
dragotistic
*kicks dust on the ground*
3449 days 14 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Next up we have Carlisle from #TeamTwentyandOver singing Beyonce's "Crazy In Love"

kkoster -  I found this performance your strongest vocally by a mile! And although I didn't really feel the connection to the theme, you sang i great. So my advice would be to make smarter song-choice next week and in the future, while also keeping up the great singing, because you definitely redeemed yourself this week! I honestly didn't know if you could pull it off this week, but you did. Well done!

dude - Carl… I severely liked that. That was your song to do and you covered it perfectly.  It was a song choice that connected to your voice without coming off as safe or pitchy, and you did it in such a unique way that truly made it your own. No doubt in my mind on this one, Carl, you were the best performance of the night.

carlisle - Mat actually asked to do this song in the future, looks unlikely now! I think you're getting better. Still, this song is so iconic, even slowed down, you probably can never challenge Beyonce's version, so it did hamper that a little. I also kinda hoped you'd be a little more sultry and cheeky with your notes, but again, solid vocally and you're beginning to sort out your pitch issues.

flameonx - LOVE this song! It's always a fun time. You did a pretty good job! Stylistically it was great - I'm just afraid it didn't have a climax for you to kapow the audience. Also, the timing of the first verse was a little off for me. Great tone - keep up the great work!

weet - I mean, I'm shouldn't be criticizing this since in my season I decided to do that awful I believe I can fly/ Turn up the music mashup which was a bad decision, but for the sake of letting you know, I don't thing this quite accomplished the goal of this challenge. Being inspired by something doesn't mean it has to come from a dark time, you can be inspired by love, by beauty, by life, by people, and crazy in love just doesn't capture that for me. I think you wasted an opportunity to show us who you are. That all being said, I commend anyone who takes a song and makes it their own, you did a unique take on the song and it was done well for me.

pok3r - Standing Ovation! I am so glad you decided upon performing this song; I think it suits your vocals perfectly. This is one of your best performances to date, matching the Sam Smith song you sang at Judges Homes. Your vocals were on point, you delivered grit and swag in your vocals, yet there was an essence of vulnerability in there too. I am so proud of you this week… NOW BLOODY LISTEN TO ME WHEN I SUGGEST SONGS TO YOU! :P (I suggested this song for top 11…).
3449 days 14 hours ago
dudetb3
@dragotistic calm down your an amazing singer
3449 days 14 hours ago
dudetb3
@tolis seriously for carls performance you couldnt have put my comment first...
3449 days 14 hours ago
Mat123
Weet, your mashup was ICONIC!
3449 days 14 hours ago
Tundra
carlisle - Mat actually asked to do this song in the future, looks unlikely now! I think you're getting better. Still, this song is so iconic, even slowed down, you probably can never challenge Beyonce's version, so it did hamper that a little. I also kinda hoped you'd be a little more sultry and cheeky with your notes, but again, solid vocally and you're beginning to sort out your pitch issues.

Tois meant TGM <33

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!