This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

T(k)I 12: The Inspiring 8 become 7

Topic » T(k)I 12: The Inspiring 8..

3439 days 22 hours ago
TolisKalkas
It's time to begin narrowing down the field from 8 to 7.
3439 days 22 hours ago
kkoster001
Good luck guys. Excited to see who guest judge is.
3439 days 22 hours ago
TolisKalkas
I usually take some time while posting results, but I'm going to try to move through these as quick as possible as I am not feeling particularly well and am hoping to fall asleep again soon!
3439 days 22 hours ago
kkoster001
Oh alright tolis. :( feel better though, we need you healthy. :p
3439 days 22 hours ago
Mat123
Here we go!

No problem, Tolis! Hope you feel better soon!
3439 days 22 hours ago
TolisKalkas
The "Your Choice" poll had a wide variety of responses and this week, we have 2 guest judges! Both have won TI in the past. One has won a Voice format and was runner-up in All-Stars 1 and the other won an Idol format. Please welcome....

FLAMEONX & WEETMASTER
3439 days 22 hours ago
kkoster001
Woohoo! You guys are amazing, I am honored to judge with you.
3439 days 22 hours ago
Mat123
Yay!!!!! Hey guys! :D
3439 days 22 hours ago
dudetb3
yayyy
3439 days 22 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Let's get to the performances and results!
3439 days 22 hours ago
dudetb3
who gets to kick off the night???
3439 days 22 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Starting us off tonight from #TeamTwentyandOver is Americanidolfan and his performance of Bill Withers'  "Use Me"

https://soundcloud.com/americanidolfan123/use-me

Reactions:

TGM - First of all, I'm really not a big fan of the song choice at all, I do like how you're trying to do something different, but I just did not like your voice with this song. Again, you have good vocals, there's no doubt about that, but you are still yet to work out your mic issues and it is a little distracting to be honest. Please stand back from the mic more in future. Vocally, this was pretty solid, but I'm not sure i've heard a song that's made me go really WOW yet from you, and that's stopping you from being a front runner atm.

dude - Yesss. Yesss. Yesss. There is the singer that I have been waiting for all of these live shows. I don’t know whether it was you or pok that is responsible for this song choice, but it worked. Vocals were great, you reverted back to old American Idol, the one from the top 16 and you delivered a solid performance.  Well done and congratulations, you are hands down one of the best vocalists in this competition in my opinion.

kkoster-  I have to say I honestly liked this performance as a whole, but you made some of the same mistakes as last week. those being that instead of sounding powerful in some of your big runs, you sounded very shouty, and pitchy. As well as some of your runs just falling apart, so definitely work on controlling your runs/voice more in these types of songs for future reference. But as always there were good parts to the performance. Those being your tone as I really like your voice, and you stayed on beat with the song, which some struggle to do. Also it's just your luck that I found the good slightly outweighed the bad in this performance, as last week I didn't. Anyways I think you did a very solid job this week, but I know you can step it up. Well done!

flameonx - You've got some nice runs going on, and I love how your voice sounds when you stretch yourself into your higher register. I found your ending to be slightly flat though. But, overall, great job!

Weet - I am LIVING! I love a good deep soulful voice. The song choice is perfect for your voice, it gives you the chance to show off that deep voice and your higher octaves so you have this nice variation throughout the song. I absolutely loved this. Now to just nitpick, when making future recordings have your voice just a little further away from the mic. You always want to move closer when you are singing more quietly and farther away when you want that power, that way your voice doesn't overdo the backing track. Still great tho!

Pok3r - Standing Ovation! You’ve just proved everyone in this competition wrong when they thought you could only nail musical theatre numbers: this bitch can sing soul too… and with a bad throat! It was utter perfection! When you suggested this song I was unsure, when you sent me this (YOUR FIRST TAKE, BTW!) I had chills. It was so good, and it’s clearly audible that this song inspires you from deep within. Congrats on an amazing performance, Sam.
3439 days 22 hours ago
dudetb3
weet my gut is telling me that you and i think a like
3439 days 22 hours ago
Mat123
*claps*

Love the two new judges!
3439 days 22 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Next up is the only remaining member of #TeamEighteenNineteen Mat123 singing London Grammar's "Strong"

https://soundcloud.com/martyn-macpherson/strong

pok3r -  Standing Ovation! You’re back. This is what I come to expect from you each week now. You gave it 100% and I heard emotion in every note you sang. It was raw and open and I loved it. Don’t apologise for being emotional during your performance – it came from a deep place and in my opinion it added a lot to your vocals. A great job, Martyn.

kkoster - *Standing O* Your best performance of the season! Let me tell you why! The reason being you connected to the song, and sang it with all you had in you. I loved the runs, your tone, and the fact that you stayed on pitch. Great job this week!

dude -  I thought that this was a solid performance for someone who wants to make the final 4, however, despite the fact the top 4 is really good, that’s all it came off to me as. This was a really good recording, but it didn’t come off as a winners recording, and in my opinion you are in the running for the win. I wasn’t a big fan of the song choice, while I will agree that your story and the song go hand in hand, I didn’t feel the emotion until the second half of the song. It just came off as a very safe choice, which I wasn’t really expecting since your big risk last week paid off in such a big way.

Weet - Those triplets (or at least I they are triplet notes) were everything to me. This was well sung, and it was truly touching. Now stepping outside of the competition for a second, I do not want you to ever apologize for getting emotional. Feelings of shame, sadness, or downright pain are wasted emotions. Moments where these emotions come to play are what makes a person become something more than themselves and you obviously know all about this hence your description on why this song inspires you. This number you've done is a moment of self expression and you should never apologize for that. Be proud of what you are becoming because I see great things in your future.

Flameonx - Mat! It's been a while since I've last heard you sing - but it's great to know that you still have your signature voice. Your tone is so lovely and fits the song incredibly well. There's also precision with every note you hit. My only feedback would be to make sure you don't become complacent with emoting throughout the song. Though it may be technically perfect, there is still a little wiggle room to really grab and hold onto the audience's attention.

TGM -  I'm delighted we were on the same page for the song choice this week. I feel like it's left field enough that people are surprised by it, but known enough that people are familiar with it. I'm very proud of you and I think this is the best performance of the night, no question.
3439 days 22 hours ago
Mat123
Ahwhw dude, I'm sorry! :/ :(

Thanks everyone else! Really means a lot, thanks! <3

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!